Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > FOFC NCAA Football Online Dynasties
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-06-2009, 04:15 PM   #1
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

NOFL Week 13 Has Begun! Deadline is Thursday 6/11/09 at 10 PM

The only human vs human game this week is Oregon State vs Stanford.

Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 09:03 PM   #2
bhlloy
Coordinator

Sun - tomorrow looks pretty busy for me but I can probably do around 4:30 every afternoon in the week except Wednesday and lunchtime (11:30 - 1 most days) is also an option. Let me know what works for you.
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 09:22 PM   #3
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

bhlloy...

I'm off on Tuesday, that's probably the best time to run. I'm assuming that's pacific time right?
Old 06-06-2009, 09:45 PM   #4
bhlloy
Coordinator

Yeah sorry, PST Let's aim for Tuesday at around 4:30-5pm PST.
Old 06-06-2009, 10:14 PM   #5
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Works for me. See ya then!
Old 06-06-2009, 11:10 PM   #6
Ironhead
College Prospect

It was pretty quickly clear that Hawaii was going to be terribly overmatched against Boston College. After going up 21-0 early in the first (kick return and two interceptions) I pulled our starters and put our 3rd string in. We still managed to walk away with a 55-24 victory. Hawaii ended up throwing 5 or 6 total interceptions which lead to the lions share of our points.

The win moves us to 10-1 on the year. We play another cupcake next week in Bowling Green and should close the year 11-1 before playing in the ACC championship.
Ironhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 11:45 PM   #7
kcchief19
Pro Starter

Just once I'd like to have a game without much drama.

RB Darrell Scott got knocked out of the game against Nebraska early and QB Cody Hawkins followed him on the injury line, and all look lost for Colorado. Somehow we scratched and scrambled and clawed back to tie the game at 21 at halftime. Nebraska scored the only TD of the third quarter and it was 28-21.

The Buffaloes managed to score early in the fourth quarter and we decided to put use the old adage that you play to win on the road. We decide to go for two and make the score 29-28 When Tony Malone caught a third-and-short pass from the Nebraska 39 and turned it into a TD with just over a minute to play, all looked good up 36-28.

I foolishly decided to pooch the kickoff to prevent a return and gave Nebraska the ball at midfield. The stumbled and bumbled their way to a fourth-and-goal from the 2 with 1 second remaining. Zac Lee threw a short pass, we all piled on the receiver ... and he fell into the end zone for a TD. The Huskers ran the ball up the middle and the pile eventually result in the RB falling into the end zone for the conversion and we're going to OT.

Nebraska won the toss and chose to go on offense (love it!) and scored to go up 43-36. When my backup QB got sacked on 2nd-and-goal to create third-and-forever from outside the 20, all looked lost. Poor Antonio Austrum though managed to find his receiver on third down and setup a fourth-and-goal on the one. A run up the middle setup the conversion try.

You play to win on the road, eh? We decide to go for two with the fake FG withe our third-string QB at the helm. He takes off running, doesn't seen an open receiver and runs toward the pylon. He beats the LB to the corner and scores, final 44-43. Supposedly the greatest game on my Xbox ever according to ESPN, but I know better.

So the Big 12 title game is set between Colorado and Texas A&M. It's a rematch of the four OT battle earlier in the season and there is a lot on the line: Texas A&M's undefeated season, a shot at a national title, and the Heisman trophy between A&M's RB Stephens and my WR Tony Meeks. The only luster off the game is our mediocre record (8-4) and the absence of Cody Hawkins. Will be tough to win without him.
kcchief19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 12:11 AM   #8
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhead View Post
It was pretty quickly clear that Hawaii was going to be terribly overmatched against Boston College. After going up 21-0 early in the first (kick return and two interceptions) I pulled our starters and put our 3rd string in. We still managed to walk away with a 55-24 victory. Hawaii ended up throwing 5 or 6 total interceptions which lead to the lions share of our points.

The win moves us to 10-1 on the year. We play another cupcake next week in Bowling Green and should close the year 11-1 before playing in the ACC championship.

Nice to see how well you've turned things around for BC since I left the program in shambles.
Old 06-07-2009, 08:43 AM   #9
ColtCrazy
College Starter

excellent kc! Now I just have to get by Texas next week, I haven't looked at the records to see if I have made it either way...though we will have a lot to play for against the Longhorns.

Have to tell the wife she may want to evacuate the house for awhile that day!
ColtCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 12:36 PM   #10
bhlloy
Coordinator

Sun - check your PM. I would rather do a lunchtime game today if at all possible, let me know.
Old 06-09-2009, 01:08 PM   #11
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

checked and responded
Old 06-10-2009, 07:04 PM   #12
bhlloy
Coordinator

Hey, meeting finished way early so I'm home now. Let me know when you are online.
Old 06-10-2009, 10:54 PM   #13
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

bhlloy and I played our game a couple hours ago. He really kept it close for the first quarter and a half, and damn near stopped my offense cold on several occasions. I started to pull away just before the half and it never really got close again after that. I think I had around 300 yards on the ground and 250 or so through the air. He racked up a decent amount of yards passing but was never really able to get any medium to long rushing plays going.

Final Score
Oregon State - 21
Stanford - 56

gg bhlloy. Best of luck the rest of the way. Hopefully you can land a spot in the Rose Bowl.
Old 06-11-2009, 02:29 AM   #14
kingnebwsu
College Benchwarmer

Kentucky defeats Georgia 62-31 to clinch the SEC East. Early on, Georgia had played a decent game but I was in the red zone midway through the 2nd quarter. My HB took the ball up the middle for 10 yards and then got stripped by a Georgia player. 7 Georgia guys went around the ball and one of them got it. He broke three tackles on his way to a fumble recovery for a TD which pulled Georgia within 21-17. Lame. Thankfully my offense started to click and we managed to avoid many more huge mistakes. Though having 2 fumbles in a game is 2 more than I like to have. Plus I had an amazing kickoff return for a TD which was called back on a holding penalty about 5 yards behind my return man.

Oh well, I shouldn't complain. But it's 3:30 AM and that's what I do I came away with a win and am currently injury-free. We are ready to hopefully play the winner of the Mississippi State/Arkansas game for the SEC title. We have zero chance of playing for the national title but I hope we can win the SEC and land a spot in the BCS game. We have zero chance of an at-large BCS berth, so we must win the conference title to earn lots of fake money for our school. We'll see what happens.

A&M/Stanford for the national title is looking more likely with every game. Good luck to everyone.
kingnebwsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 09:24 AM   #15
ColtCrazy
College Starter

Well, the title dreams are dead. A&M gets clobbered by Texas 38-13 in one of the worst CPU games I've seen. Admittedly, I didn't play my best game, but I'm usually able to overcome games like this and score more than 13. However, when a MLB with 63 catch and 67 jump makes 2 acrobatic interceptions, what can you do?

Oh well, good luck to Sun Tzu the rest of the way. At least my rematch with kc is intact, I still lead the South division. Just a disappointing way to end my run.
Old 06-11-2009, 10:13 AM   #16
kingnebwsu
College Benchwarmer

Damn. That sucks a lot. Sorry to hear that dude. No human vs human championship game this year
kingnebwsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 12:18 PM   #17
bhlloy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Tzu View Post
bhlloy and I played our game a couple hours ago. He really kept it close for the first quarter and a half, and damn near stopped my offense cold on several occasions. I started to pull away just before the half and it never really got close again after that. I think I had around 300 yards on the ground and 250 or so through the air. He racked up a decent amount of yards passing but was never really able to get any medium to long rushing plays going.

Final Score
Oregon State - 21
Stanford - 56

gg bhlloy. Best of luck the rest of the way. Hopefully you can land a spot in the Rose Bowl.

Yeah, it was close for a while but there were a couple of big plays that broke it open. One was a ridiculous interception by your MLB that was really frustrating, because if I'd have put some touch on the pass instead of trying to bullet in there it would have been a big play. The other one was a punt return. I wish I had that kind of speed on the field
Old 06-11-2009, 12:46 PM   #18
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Yeah I dropped my LBs back into zone coverage for the first time all game on the interception. The guy who took back the punt was the fastest kid in the nation coming out if high school last year. He is also a 5* CB so that was a hell of a signing for me. It's too bad that most of these guys that we either just signed or will sign this year will never get to develop before we move on.

It will be interesting to see how much of an impact team speed will have in NCAA 10. There is/was a noticable difference in our team speeds this last game, and IMO it has too much impact on games.x
Old 06-11-2009, 05:08 PM   #19
ColtCrazy
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingnebwsu View Post
Damn. That sucks a lot. Sorry to hear that dude. No human vs human championship game this year

Yeah, it was a bummer. I haven't lost to the CPU very often at all, even in my personal New Mexico St. dynasty...but this game was just frustrating (and I'm sure I compounded things as I got more ticked off) Oh well, gives me a reason to reload for next year. I'm happy about how the year has gone overall...just hated losing to a rival like that.
Old 06-11-2009, 05:11 PM   #20
ColtCrazy
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Tzu View Post
Yeah I dropped my LBs back into zone coverage for the first time all game on the interception. The guy who took back the punt was the fastest kid in the nation coming out if high school last year. He is also a 5* CB so that was a hell of a signing for me. It's too bad that most of these guys that we either just signed or will sign this year will never get to develop before we move on.

It will be interesting to see how much of an impact team speed will have in NCAA 10. There is/was a noticable difference in our team speeds this last game, and IMO it has too much impact on games.x

dola I hear you on team speed. One of the reasons I am 4-0 with my New Mexico St. dynasty (just beating Fresno on the road) is because of my freshman running back class. Overall, they are just 72 and 70, but their speeds are 94 and 92. They are an almost unstoppable combo. I shouldn't be leading the nation with 250 yards rushing (even with sliders in the CPU favor) Speed is way too overrated. Yet with my IU dynasty I have a 96 overall RB with only 88 speed. He struggles to get outside and mainly gets is yardage between the tackles.
Old 06-11-2009, 10:29 PM   #21
bhlloy
Coordinator

Yeah, it's pretty amazing how the speed exploit works in this game. Obviously, they tried to make a game that "felt" like college football and was more wide open than Madden, but they overdid it a ridiculous amount. A 5 star recruit with less than B+ speed at RB, WR or CB isn't even worth recruiting in this game as it stands. Better to go for the 3 star guy with higher speed, because that's really all that matters.

I'm praying they fix that in the next version. Speed should be important, but the difference between 85 and 95 should be way closer and smaller, faster guys should have realistic flaws(much harder to run between the tackles, more chance of fumbles, injuries etc...) Right now like Colt says, there is no point in a powerful running back with below average speed, he just won't get the yards that a guy with no other skill than speed will. And get rid of that damn animation where the fast guy slips the tackle and the defender falls over. Fast guys shouldn't break more tackles than powerful guys can.