And I like CR's advise.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 03:01 PM   #1302
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeheinz72 View Post
Yeah but what about if I play WW again?

We should take our private matters to PM, no?

Yes...
Old 03-26-2010, 03:01 PM   #1303
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Incidently I do not think any of you are douchebags. What's in the game is just that. In the game. As you see I wear my emotions on my sleeve a lot and the jobless situation has me more emotional than usual. That said just as many others explode or are angry when they are voted out, I think I'm allowed the occasion expletive as I've seen others be far worse. It's nothing more that than. a "@%(*&#@%^" moment and then I drop it and move on. The thing I think that was the most frustrating (particularly about this game) was that when you try and explain yourself, you are voted for. WHen you try and point out logic flaws of others, you yourself are voted for. Meanwhile (and this is the kicker), those that don't play much at all (aka not posting) just sail through the game. And really I didn't think I would have been voted out had that magic "end of day" not happened. Only thing about that rule I'd say is that I think it's a bit unfair to have an occasion like that when we don't even know that it's a possibility. Akin to playing D&D, walking into a room and falling down a bottomless pit for an instant death. But whatever. But as I said game over, I vented, so I move on.

Last edited by CrimsonFox : 03-26-2010 at 03:03 PM.
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 03:01 PM   #1304
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

FWIW As mad as I get sometimes I'll never do what Poli just did

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…"
―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Darth Vilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 03:02 PM   #1305
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeheinz72 View Post
Yeah but what about if I play WW again?

We should take our private matters to PM, no?

Naw, today is "Post your PMS in Public" Day.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 03:03 PM   #1306
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Naw, today is "Post your PMS in Public" Day.

Win.

Well done CR, well done.
jeheinz72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 03:04 PM   #1307
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
Incidently I do not think any of you are douchebags. What's in the game is just that. In the game. As you see I wear my emotions on my sleeve a lot and the jobless situation has me more emotional than usual. That said just as many others explode or are angry when they are voted out, I think I'm allowed the occasion expletive as I've seen others be far worse. It's nothing more that than. a "@%(*&#@%^" moment and then I drop it and move on. The thing I think that was the most frustrating (particularly about this game) was that when you try and explain yourself, you are voted for. WHen you try and point out logic flaws of others, you yourself are voted for. Meanwhile (and this is the kicker), those that don't play much at all (aka not posting) just sail through the game. And really I didn't think I would have been voted out had that magic "end of day" not happened. Only thing about that rule I'd say is that I think it's a bit unfair to have an occasion like that when we don't even know that it's a possibility. Akin to playing D&D, walking into a room and falling down a bottomless pit for an instant death. But whatever. But as I said game over, I vented, so I move on.

May not be fair, but it makes it fun. And with Abe, there's always stuff like that which is one of the reason I enjoy his games so much.
Old 03-26-2010, 03:04 PM   #1308
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
I for one will welcome you back with open pants.

KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 03:07 PM   #1309
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Thanks guys, that means a lot. I'm still really raw from the past few days. Actually it was a miscommunication between the HR guy and the contract recruiter. HR guy told recruiter to bring me in which the recruiter took to mean I'm hired. WHich is what he told to me then changed that and told me that it's just an interview. Funny during the interview, one of the managers came in had no questions for me and said "see you monday" even before the main interview had said anything. But by the time i left they officially offically offered me the job. THe REALLY funny thing is that I'll be doing forum moderation and management for the Aion game at NCSoft.

(and yes again I'm sorry I called you douchebags (at least I spelled it right though...maybe I"ll just call you pixie stix or mallaprops or pennywhistles...)
Old 03-26-2010, 03:07 PM   #1310
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit View Post

I always knew you were a pimp KWhit.
jeheinz72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 03:08 PM   #1311
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Vilus View Post
FWIW As mad as I get sometimes I'll never do what Poli just did

um...what did poli just do?
I guess I missed something I haven't really been reading it. SHort version please.
Old 03-26-2010, 03:09 PM   #1312
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Man, you know that scene in Major League where Corbin Bernsen puts the red ticket on Charlie Sheen's locker to make him think he's cut, leading to the manager saying, "I think someone's having a little fun with you, son"?

Yeah, I think that's what your new employees are doing, screwing with your head. You should go find your new boss and punch him out like Wild Thing Vaughn.

ACtually it was more of an all out football tackle!
Thanks
Old 03-26-2010, 03:10 PM   #1313
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
I guess I missed something I haven't really been reading it. SHort version please.

Pulled his pants down and crapped all over the game.
Old 03-26-2010, 03:10 PM   #1314
Danny
Head Coach

Please just reread, I'd rather we move on with the posts at this point to more positive things.
Old 03-26-2010, 03:11 PM   #1315
KWhit
Coordinator

I mean he got caught as a wolf and for some reason then went apeshit crazy and posted all of the PMs he got from the moderator which outed himself and all the other wolves, thereby ruining the game.
Old 03-26-2010, 03:11 PM   #1316
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

Quote:

i got the short version too. From what I gather he got pissed for no apparent reason and Posted his PMs in the thread. His being a wolf basically blew up the entire game cuz he outted everything that happened

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…"
―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 03-26-2010, 03:11 PM   #1317
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

*plants flowers* THere.
Old 03-26-2010, 03:11 PM   #1318
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit View Post
I mean he got caught as a wolf and for some reason then went apeshit crazy and posted all of the PMs he got from the moderator which outed himself and all the other wolves, thereby ruining the game.

Or what Danny said.
Old 03-26-2010, 03:12 PM   #1319
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Folks, once again, thanks for everything. I love each and every one of you.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 03:12 PM   #1320
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Umm...yeah...

Just read the past few pages of this thread. I don't think anyone really wants to spell it all out again.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 03-26-2010, 03:12 PM   #1321
KWhit
Coordinator

Heh. We love you too, Abe.

In a purely platonic way, of course (unless you're interested in more).
Old 03-26-2010, 03:13 PM   #1322
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
ACtually it was more of an all out football tackle!
Thanks

Heh...thought he took a swing at him on the way in.

Old 03-26-2010, 03:20 PM   #1323
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

So what caused the early deadline/mass suicide day?
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 03:20 PM   #1324
Danny
Head Coach

A wolf ability, they just had the vote count wrong internally and messed up.
Old 03-26-2010, 03:42 PM   #1325
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Okay, as much fun as it is, unless you have questions or comments about the game or mechanics, I'd prefer if we stopped talking about Poli-Pocalypse '10. Dude earned it, for a while, but it's time to move on.

Or take it to pm

Old 03-26-2010, 03:45 PM   #1326
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

I have a question for you Abe, How does my role move up in rank? It was 3rd rank this game, how do promotions work?

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 03-26-2010, 03:47 PM   #1327
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
Thomkal, I think your level of hints were good. You don't really want anything more obvious than that. Raider's Army hinted at his role and got himself killed. Unfortunately you just can't make it obvious, but i'ts good to have something confirming what you say so we can see it wasn't off the cuff fake.

Thanks Autumn
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 03:58 PM   #1328
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I have a question for you Abe, How does my role move up in rank? It was 3rd rank this game, how do promotions work?

No promotions, just flava' I wanted to imply that there were two more powerful ranks in the Older of Vladd, and perhaps that may be a way of adding a new character in the next game....

Old 03-26-2010, 04:02 PM   #1329
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abe Sargent View Post
No promotions, just flava' I wanted to imply that there were two more powerful ranks in the Older of Vladd, and perhaps that may be a way of adding a new character in the next game....

How Dare You! No one is stronger than I!!!!!!!!!!!!

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 03-26-2010, 04:07 PM   #1330
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Gee, Saldana, thanks for the "compliments". I seriously hold no illwill at all toward you and obviously you're getting on my case mainly because you're best friends with Lathum who I know dislikes me and no doubt doesn't stop ranting about me. I surprisingly actually harbor no illwill toward Lathum either although I used to. I've had spats with him, but actually I'm over it now and realize that his is just a forum and a way to blow off steam. Just get mighty tired of Lathum getting on my case and yelling at me so frequently, oftentimes when I'm not even talking to him.

And the "you've been here three months" comment was exactly what I've been feeling (as I posted in the Role Assignments thread about nepotism). Everyone vents and blows off steam and you've clearly said some horrible things to me here, far worse than anything I"ve ever said and even worse or equal to what others post yet you feel I am not allowed to vent about anything. As I've said (and said to Danny). I get mad, I vent, then I walk away and usually disappear for a couple days and it all goes away. Heck I didn't log on for 3 days after poli blindluck duked me. I was pretty speechless. I laugh about it now, especially because the day he did it I was without power from a storm and couldn't log on. However, however mad I get I would never EVER EVER spoil anything in a game even one I disliked a rule in.

Sure, you and everyone else don't really know me but I like to have fun, like to crack jokes, and am still figuring out how to play this game as there are many angles.
This place does get a bit world of warcraft flamewar for sure.

And yes, I know I'm a douchebag. (I love that "That 70s Show" has brought that word to the forefront.)
Old 03-26-2010, 04:08 PM   #1331
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Abe, I strongly recommend you make this gametype one of your regular reportoie. The use of items and such is awesome as is your flavor and writing.
Old 03-26-2010, 04:09 PM   #1332
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

BTW Thomkal, You are an awesome ROLEPLAYER! Need more people like you!
Old 03-26-2010, 04:17 PM   #1333
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Gee, Saldana, thanks for the "compliments". I seriously hold no illwill at all toward you and obviously you're getting on my case mainly because you're best friends with Lathum who I know dislikes me and no doubt doesn't stop ranting about me. I surprisingly actually harbor no illwill toward Lathum either although I used to. I've had spats with him, but actually I'm over it now and realize that his is just a forum and a way to blow off steam. Just get mighty tired of Lathum getting on my case and yelling at me so frequently, oftentimes when I'm not even talking to him.

And the "you've been here three months" comment was exactly what I've been feeling (as I posted in the Role Assignments thread about nepotism). Everyone vents and blows off steam and you've clearly said some horrible things to me here, far worse than anything I"ve ever said and even worse or equal to what others post yet you feel I am not allowed to vent about anything. As I've said (and said to Danny). I get mad, I vent, then I walk away and usually disappear for a couple days and it all goes away. Heck I didn't log on for 3 days after poli blindluck duked me. I was pretty speechless. I laugh about it now, especially because the day he did it I was without power from a storm and couldn't log on. However, however mad I get I would never EVER EVER spoil anything in a game even one I disliked a rule in.

Sure, you and everyone else don't really know me but I like to have fun, like to crack jokes, and am still figuring out how to play this game as there are many angles.

And yes, I know I'm a douchebag. (I love that "That 70s Show" has brought that word to the forefront.)

Douchebag doesn't have the same meaning as it once did, not since President Douchebag was elected.... "Who wants four more years of Douchebag?"
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 04:25 PM   #1334
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

YAY Family guy!
Old 03-26-2010, 04:34 PM   #1335
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:

)

Find one post where I "yelled" at you. The issue with you is when you started playing you had a rather large chip on your shoulder and were pretty obnoxious and didn't handle the inevitable confrontation from werewolf. Basically you thought I was picking on you.

I don't dislike you at all, I was just telling Sal how I get you and it's just the way you are. I have far better things to do with my life then rant about anyone who is a member here.
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 04:34 PM   #1336
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:

my "ill will" has nothing to do with Lathum.

it has to do with you insulting me the first time we played together, several times, and your post after you were lynched in this game

its real simple, show some respect for other people...yeah, everyone vents...theres a whole thread for it, but your "venting" takes the forms of flat out rudeness.

i would love to hear how me calling you a douchebag is somehow much worse than you calling all of the other people in the game douchebags because you got lynched? What?!

i will spell it out again for you....you dont like what someone has to say, or you dont like how they are playing, attack to play NOT THE PERSON!
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 04:43 PM   #1337
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

As I already explained to you that game I wasn't insulting you at all. Didn't call you a name. It was a long post with nothing but comedy in it about everyone including myself. As I recall it was simply about you changing your vote many times. But i've since stoppped doing analysis like that as obviously it doesn't come across well and is just too long. Perhaps I could have put smileys in it.

Anyway I already told you that. As I've just said I don't harbor anything about anyone, no matter how many explanation points you use to accues me of otherwise. I've seen many many people cussing others out including your long post cussing people out (including me) which is far worse than saying the fairly childish name douchebag. And yes it was about the play not the person because obviously I don't know any of you. But you want to hol;d a grudge and cuss me out, so be it. So you can stop flaming me please (altho I doubt you will...ah well)
Old 03-26-2010, 04:45 PM   #1338
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

let's lock saldana, lathum, and crimsonfox in a thread by themselves for a day or two. just so they can work things out :-)

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 03-26-2010, 04:46 PM   #1339
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:

I don't dislike you at all, I was just telling Sal how I get you and it's just the way you are. I have far better things to do with my life then rant about anyone who is a member here.

well good glad to hear it
Old 03-26-2010, 04:46 PM   #1340
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
let's lock saldana, lathum, and crimsonfox in a thread by themselves for a day or two. just so they can work things out :-)

a group hug perhaps
Old 03-26-2010, 04:47 PM   #1341
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

shrug, I couldn't care less about Crimson Fox, it's just that when one of your first ever posts in a werewolf game is one referring to talkative players as obnoxious loudmouths it doesn't exactly cast a great impression.
Old 03-26-2010, 04:48 PM   #1342
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

but I am glad he has gainful employment
Old 03-26-2010, 04:56 PM   #1343
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
shrug, I couldn't care less about Crimson Fox, it's just that when one of your first ever posts in a werewolf game is one referring to talkative players as obnoxious loudmouths it doesn't exactly cast a great impression.

LOL. yeah that does sound like me. But the thing is I call myself things like that too. I know that I"m loud and somewhat obnoxious and most of what I say is sarcasm. Guess it doesn't read well. LOL! This is funny
Old 03-26-2010, 05:05 PM   #1344
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

I'm glad we had this talk. Now if I could just figure out how to get into the world series I"d be golden.
Old 03-26-2010, 05:09 PM   #1345
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Find one post where I "yelled" at you. The issue with you is when you started playing you had a rather large chip on your shoulder and were pretty obnoxious and didn't handle the inevitable confrontation from werewolf. Basically you thought I was picking on you.

like what? peeing on yankees fans?

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 05:16 PM   #1346
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
LOL. yeah that does sound like me. But the thing is I call myself things like that too. I know that I"m loud and somewhat obnoxious and most of what I say is sarcasm. Guess it doesn't read well. LOL! This is funny

Well that is what I was expressing to Saldana, now that I get you it's all good.
Old 03-26-2010, 05:16 PM   #1347
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by claphamsa View Post
like what? peeing on yankees fans?

I would give golden showers to Yankee fans all day if I could.
Old 03-26-2010, 05:19 PM   #1348
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
BTW Thomkal, You are an awesome ROLEPLAYER! Need more people like you!

Thanks Crimson! I enjoy roleplaying in these games but sadly roleplaying often makes you a target. I was killed by the wolves in one game for acting out my role as a card dealer. It'd be fun to have a "roleplaying required" game once.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 05:21 PM   #1349
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Abe, I strongly recommend you make this gametype one of your regular reportoie. The use of items and such is awesome as is your flavor and writing.

Thank you very kindly.

Old 03-26-2010, 05:21 PM   #1350
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
Thanks Crimson! I enjoy roleplaying in these games but sadly roleplaying often makes you a target. I was killed by the wolves in one game for acting out my role as a card dealer. It'd be fun to have a "roleplaying required" game once.

I know! I Agree! I tried roleplaying in the mobster game and boy did that make me a target and get me killed kinda quick
Do you guys ever do games that aren't "werewolf" and/or are more RP-like?