Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-16-2011, 10:03 AM   #2051
hoopsguy
General Manager

Also, on the topic of Telle I would be inclined to vote her straight-away based on Chubby's late posts yesterday suggesting he might have seer-type info. But I've seen him push hard on other targets (Lathum early in this game for one, many others across other games) without the benefit of seer insight.

I'm going back to re-read his stuff from yesterday now. My suspicion is that he would have just said "I've got a wolf, get over here NOW" if it was a seer-type scan. But he wasn't straight-forward about his need for bodyguard protection, so maybe he wasn't here? Not sure ... back to reading posts.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 10:04 AM   #2052
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBug708 View Post
I would have hoped that Balder would have come out by now if EF was lying about it.

No, he's Balder. I'm just worried that the non-kill on Night 2 might have meant conversion.

It could have meant a lot of things, but if there was a conversion on Night 2 then EF was the one who was cleared and he had already shown he couldn't be lynched. So he sure seems like a great target for them to convert, as long as they felt they could get past the bodyguard.
Old 08-16-2011, 10:08 AM   #2053
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
I know that this is only going to encourage suggestions that I might be a wolf, but I'm concerned that our trust lists all have EF as uncontested. He has been playing a pretty passive game, by his standards, since that no-kill at the end of Day 2. He's on my list of people who just don't seem to be carrying themselves like interested villagers right now, even though he was revealed as Balder at the end of Day 1.

I'm not remotely suggesting that we vote him the lynch for today, but at some point when we start seeing our trust lists shrink and he stays alive you have to wonder why he is still there. Pretty much starting tonight.

EF, if you are a villager then you should be thanking me for creating a case for the wolves to leave you alive rather than whacking you 11 hours from now.

Agreed. I was just ruminating making a post about conversion timing and who would be possible conversion targets. We've had 2 no-NK nights, correct? Nights 2 and 4?
jeheinz72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 10:09 AM   #2054
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcizo View Post
My wolfdar is faulty. Yesterday I was getting wolfy vibes off everything I read. Reading through today and I think that everyone is villagers. The only beeping I'm getting is from Hoops but it's more "imagine if he is a wolf" beeping rather than Batman game "He'd never do that if he's a villager" beeping. I'm having some issues here that makes it hard for me to concentrate so I'm going to hold off voting for a bit to see if I can clear my head.

Mine is faulty in the other direction, I'm not getting a strong reading on anyone right now.
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 10:09 AM   #2055
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
My advice is don't let other people tell you how players act I'm completely serious about the advice, despite the smiley. You've gotten a bank of experience playing with those guys and should leverage it. We're all trying to adapt over time, but most of us don't adopt a whole new playing style very easily.

Agreed. For the most part I haven't. I say all those things I listed above, but I also didn't then vote BK or Lathum because of it, and I did stick on Danny despite being told that voting him (or giving him extra rope) was a good idea

But regardless, I read these things and I can't help but have let it sow the seed of doubt a bit about my "base" of thinking
Old 08-16-2011, 10:11 AM   #2056
MrBug708
Head Coach

Does anyone want to update their sent/received items?
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 10:11 AM   #2057
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeheinz72 View Post
Agreed. I was just ruminating making a post about conversion timing and who would be possible conversion targets. We've had 2 no-NK nights, correct? Nights 2 and 4?

Night 4 we learned Thor was wounded, and seeing as how he is now dead I don't think that was a conversion. But Night 2 remains very much unanswered.

Assuming we still have a bodyguard role (not at all a certainty), it would be great to know what he has done this game. I'm not looking for him to come out, but we're in Day 6 of a no-seer game (assumption) and information is hard to come by right now. If there was in fact a block on Night 2 that would give me major reassurances about EagleFan ... which is only important to me because everyone else posting trust lists seems to be blindly trusting him rather than hedging bets.
Old 08-16-2011, 10:12 AM   #2058
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
We learn that we've wasted a bunch of time if we lynch Telle and find her a villager. We learn a bunch if she is a wolf, just as we would with getting any wolf. But maybe moreso because she would have been in multiple close races against villagers.

Exactly. I mean I hate to argue "we should lynch a villager!" but there is likely a balance point of filling in multiple sentences of "If PlayerA dies and the result is B, then we can thinking good/bad about Players X, Y, and Z"

Not advocating it as a sole thinking point, but there is some benefit to it, and I think we're still in good enough of a position that now would be the time.
Old 08-16-2011, 10:17 AM   #2059
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Thinking aloud here Re:conversion.

The idea behind conversion is to slip one past the defense so to speak. Looking at the list of who is left, I see two groups. The top being the likely targets (trusted people, though Racers' trust probably came too late if we're not thinking N4 conversion) and the rest being the "field" (yeah, great to convert them and add a wolf, but no secondary benefit)

1. Narcizo
12. Racer
14. Barkeep49
15. Lathum
20. hoopsguy
17. EagleFan

5. Zinto
9. ntndeacon
10. mckerney
13. mauboy1
18. MrBug708
19. jeheinz72
21. Telle

The top list I've placed trusted players, as well as good wolves. I mean if I was a wolf and knew there was likely no seer scans, well, I'd be very down to have hoops/Narc/Lathum/BK as a wolf because they can be difficult to get the group to lynch

The bottom list is players, I feel, give the wolves no "bonus" for being converted. I mean they could have converted them sure, but there was no real reason to.
Old 08-16-2011, 10:19 AM   #2060
MrBug708
Head Coach

I read that as good WW players vs unknown/bad
Old 08-16-2011, 10:19 AM   #2061
MrBug708
Head Coach

Did I miss the role/rule about conversion?
Old 08-16-2011, 10:22 AM   #2062
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Hoops: I agree possibly challenging the night 2 = block is an important assumption to challenge at some point. Just not sure if now is that time.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 10:22 AM   #2063
Telle
College Starter

Quote:

There's nothing stated.. which could mean anything.
Telle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 10:24 AM   #2064
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:

Nothing was listed about it, but we've got no information on what any of the wolf/villager roles do. Just the names.

Conversion discussion could just be me being paranoid (shrug) ... but it has been simmering for a couple of days now and hit a boiling point yesterday with some of the trust lists that I saw. I didn't want to distract the conversation yesterday with this tangent, but today seemed like an OK time to introduce it.
Old 08-16-2011, 10:26 AM   #2065
MrBug708
Head Coach

Couldnt an equally plausible action be the creation of the fake hammer?
Old 08-16-2011, 10:27 AM   #2066
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
Hoops: I agree possibly challenging the night 2 = block is an important assumption to challenge at some point. Just not sure if now is that time.

Nope, I'm fine with letting that wait a couple of days. I just wanted to make sure that the collective "village" is assessing risk properly. Or at least hearing why I think it is important to be a little guarded with our most trusted villager.

I'm happy to return to conversations around everyone else at this point - I think I've covered the EagleFan ground I needed to this morning.
Old 08-16-2011, 10:29 AM   #2067
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Couldnt an equally plausible action be the creation of the fake hammer?

Absolutely. There are a bunch of potentially plausible actions, with the most plausible (in my mind) being a bodyguard block that didn't reveal anything about the wolf attacker.
Old 08-16-2011, 10:39 AM   #2068
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Here's a run down of who has voted for whom, each line a new day

Narcizo
Lathum
Mauboy -> NTN
DV
Thomkal
Telle

Zinto

Lathum -> Danny
Danny -> J23 -> Danny
NTN -> BK -> DV
Thomkal
NTN

ntndeacon
Danny
Heinz -> Chubby -> Heinz
Lathum -> DV
Autumn

mckerney
NTN
Chubby
DV
Autumn
NTN

Racer
Thomkal -> EF -> Danny
J23 -> Hoops -> Chubby -> Lathum -> NTN -> Danny
BK -> DV -> BK -> DV
Thomkal
Autumn -> NTN -> Autumn

mauboy1
Danny -> Chubby
Danny
BK
Autumn -> Thomkal
Zinto -> Autumn

Barkeep49
EF
Danny -> Chubby -> Danny
DV
Hoops -> Autumn -> Telle
Autumn

Lathum
Heinz -> Danny -> Chubby -> EF -> Chubby
Chubby -> Danny
DV -> BK -> DV
Autumn -> Telle -> Thomkal
Telle

EagleFan
Autumn -> Chubby -> Autumn -> Danny
Lathum -> Chubby -> Danny
Lathum
Hoops -> BK -> Telle -> Thomkal
Narc -> Zinto -> Autumn -> NTN -> Autumn

MrBug708
Zinto
Danny
Lathum
Telle
Autumn

jeheinz72
Racer -> Danny
Racer -> Chubby -> NTN
NTN
Thomkal
Autumn -> Mau -> NTN

hoopsguy
EF
Danny
DV

Autumn
Autumn

Telle

Autumn -> Danny
NTN
Lathum
Autumn -> Thomkal
NTN
Old 08-16-2011, 10:44 AM   #2069
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Looking at it as such, I'm not feeling good about Mau, Hoops (poss. conversion), a converted EF or Narcizo

FTR, I'm not in favor of going the EF-converted route today. Just noting above.
Old 08-16-2011, 10:52 AM   #2070
hoopsguy
General Manager

If you wanted to think I was converted, then you would also have to ask why I would have put the vote I did on Darth. It doesn't make a lot of sense to do so on Day 3, unless there was a 2nd wolf in the mix between Barkeep/Lathum.

I know that didn't happen, but if you want to explore that train of thought that would be the next question to try and understand.
Old 08-16-2011, 10:53 AM   #2071
hoopsguy
General Manager

In terms of mau, I've been skittish about him as well but figured we should give him a day to get his sword. Since he is in the thread right now, I would love to hear if that item made its way to him?
Old 08-16-2011, 10:54 AM   #2072
Barkeep49
Coordinator

What is Narc's claim to innocence again? He was in chain of custody with the sword and could be considered for making the switch. I just know that there was a good reason to think he was innocent, I just don't recall what it was.
Old 08-16-2011, 10:57 AM   #2073
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I agree that it's time for mau to reveal.
Old 08-16-2011, 10:58 AM   #2074
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I, again, think we need to be careful with the converted talk. Some awareness of the possibility is good, but given that it's not mentioned I think we need to be careful about asserting it as a strike against people.
Old 08-16-2011, 11:00 AM   #2075
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Going down the road of "if we lynch A, who do we learn about..."
Narc:
Lots: Telle, NTN
Some: Lathum, Mau

Zinto
Lots: NTN
Some: BK, Bug, Lathum

NTN
Learn Lots: McK, Heinz, Telle
Learn some: Narc, Zinto, Racer, Lathum

McK
Some:

Racer
Lots
Some: Heinz, NTN, BK

Mau
Lots:
Some: BK, Zinto, Heinz

BK
Lots: Racer, Mau,
Some: Zinto, Lathum, EF, Telle, Hoops

Lathum
Lots: NTN, Telle
Some: Narc, Zinto, EF, Bug, BK

EF
Lots:
Some: Just about everyone, though I don't advocate an EF lynch today

Bug
Lots:
Some: Zinto, Lathum, Telle

Heinz
Some: Mau

Hoops
Lots:
Some: Racer, BK, EF

Telle
Learn Lots: Narc, Lathum, NTN
Learn some: BK, Bug
Old 08-16-2011, 11:01 AM   #2076
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Count me as thirding for Mau just spilling the beans.
Old 08-16-2011, 11:02 AM   #2077
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
What is Narc's claim to innocence again? He was in chain of custody with the sword and could be considered for making the switch. I just know that there was a good reason to think he was innocent, I just don't recall what it was.

I personally have had him at flat neutral the whole time. He was the person who passed me the hammer I passed to Chubby, which turned out to be fake. I think he was potentially involved with other items as well, but I didn't recall him on the sword that mauboy should have received. But the item stuff is no more than a small data point in terms of villager/wolf, except potentially with the mistletoe.

I want the info on where items are going, but I don't want to over-value it. For me, Narcizo's greatest value is in terms of vote/post analysis. I'm reluctant to vote for him too early because I think he helps drive better conversations. I'm not sure when the risk/reward tilts on that estimation, but Day 6 is probably fair to put him squarely in the mix.
Old 08-16-2011, 11:04 AM   #2078
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

A quick update and a quick thank you to telle for sending the item my way. Definitely puts her higher in my trust list for the time being. I did acquire skills as well.

I will say for now that one of the skills is likely provable and the other is a possibly provable skill. It depends.

I will give a think on whether or not to explain what is I might do with one of them tonight or future nights. Please understand as it could be a momentum changer and I'm not sure I like being in this position at all.
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 11:15 AM   #2079
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

I will try to answer any questions when I can. I'll leave my phone open to this page and sneak a peak when I can. I've got a couple loans coming in this afternoon though.
Old 08-16-2011, 11:25 AM   #2080
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

A few observations (so I can put my thoughts together later; they may already be mentioned by someone but I have little time at the moment):

Day one:
Narc, mckerney and Bug on non-candidates.
If more than one wolf on me it would leave hoops and BK as possibles.
Assuming wolves knew about the Danny save ahead of time we can discount some of the votes (but we don't know the exact mechanic that saved him, was it a vote being switched or added votes or just a flat out duking; I assume either added votes or vote bwing altered as the write up says I was voted out).

Day two:
Nac, heinze, Telle and ntn on non main candidates.
Wolves could have switched to Danny figuring they still had the extra kill coming; and to gain trust.

Day three:
Bug and Telle last unknowns on Lathum; more than one wolf most likely would not have voted DV that day.
mau and heinz on throw aways.

Day four:
Don't know aht to make of that yet.

Day five:
Need to find out ntn and Telle to really see what this day means.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 11:26 AM   #2081
MrBug708
Head Coach

Enough people are vouching for Telle at this point that I don't think a lynch vote will hold against her and I'm inclined to hold off. I do think that a lot of questions will be answered by the death of her, but I'm afraid that we might just have even more questions afterwords.
Old 08-16-2011, 11:28 AM   #2082
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

jeheinz? What "some" do you learn about everyone if you try to lynch me? You'll learn what you did on day one, that I still can't be lynched and am a villager. It would be a wasted day.
Old 08-16-2011, 11:34 AM   #2084
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I would have hoped that Balder would have come out by now if EF was lying about it.

Uh, don't you mean if JAG was lying about it...
Old 08-16-2011, 11:36 AM   #2085
MrBug708
Head Coach

lol...you know what I meant
Old 08-16-2011, 11:39 AM   #2086
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
jeheinz? What "some" do you learn about everyone if you try to lynch me? You'll learn what you did on day one, that I still can't be lynched and am a villager. It would be a wasted day.

Yeah, that's why I don't really advocate for it. I mean you could've been converted, but I don't think that's a topic for today much like hoops and BK said earlier.

I just noted you on there for consistency sake, and then nearly everyone either had voted for you or had been voted by you, ergo the note.
Old 08-16-2011, 11:40 AM   #2087
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
vote mckerney

Interesting vote - reasoning?
Old 08-16-2011, 11:54 AM   #2088
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Mau - so you have some power, and it's provable, but you can't actually prove it yet?

What would be your timeline for being able to prove yourself in this manner?

Why wouldn't you like being in this position?
Old 08-16-2011, 11:57 AM   #2089
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeheinz72 View Post
Mau - so you have some power, and it's provable, but you can't actually prove it yet?

What would be your timeline for being able to prove yourself in this manner?

Why wouldn't you like being in this position?

I'm guessing he's able to kill someone and doesn't want to end up killing a villager.
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 11:58 AM   #2090
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubby View Post
god damn it,gotta go with my gut. it's worked so far

Quote:
thomkal - I wish I could Telle you something

Quote:
i'd make it 7-5, a switch ties and risks potentially another lynch

Quote:
There wasn't going to be a tie

I'm not going to be getting any answers from Chubby at this point, but I've pulled some of his posts near the deadline up.

First one - he sticks with the Telle vote he cast early in the day. Isn't moving it even with potential NTN/Autumn tie looming.

Second one - very clearly pushing for move to Telle, even though there realistically isn't time to do it.

Third one - talks about risk of potential tie if he moves his vote.

Fourth one - says there wasn't going to be a tie, implying he was going to act on the vote. But if there was a duking to be had, he would have duked it to Telle, right? So where the heck was he going with this?

I want to believe he had some insight into Telle here - the lack of vote movement and the shout-out to Thomkal argue that point - but it is really hard for me to put too much weight into what Chubby types when I read stuff that doesn't add up like the "no tie" stuff at the end here.

I may end up voting Telle today, but it will be largely drive by the heinz "learn the most" logic and not because dead Thor thought Telle was a bad guy.
Old 08-16-2011, 12:22 PM   #2091
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

I'd think the subset within which I'm likely voting today would be Telle, NTN, Narcizo or Mau

First three due to the what we'd learn theory.

Mau because I just don't know if I'm buying the reveal just yet and without it, he'd be a very possible vote from me
Old 08-16-2011, 12:24 PM   #2092
Telle
College Starter

Quote:
... I want to believe he had some insight into Telle here - the lack of vote movement and the shout-out to Thomkal argue that point - but it is really hard for me to put too much weight into what Chubby types when I read stuff that doesn't add up like the "no tie" stuff at the end here.

I may end up voting Telle today, but it will be largely drive by the heinz "learn the most" logic and not because dead Thor thought Telle was a bad guy.

Did you not notice that he also did a "shout-out to Thomkal" regarding Autumn before the lynch? He was just thoroughly convinced that we were both wolves.
Old 08-16-2011, 12:25 PM   #2093
Telle
College Starter

I'd give mauboy a day to prove his power(s). No point in lynching him today before he's had a chance to take action (which probably takes place at deadline).
Old 08-16-2011, 12:43 PM   #2094
hoopsguy
General Manager

I'm going to cast a vote for the very disinterested Lathum. He's lower on my trust list at this stage in the game, his activity level has been more or less shot since Chubby stopped crusading against him, and I want to see where this goes for right now.

VOTE LATHUM
Old 08-16-2011, 12:46 PM   #2095
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Well.. let me have some suggestions for a kill then if that's going to help clear me. Would it be good to kill the other half of the Lynch vote? Or go elsewhere? I need input as I really don't wanna do this on my own.
Old 08-16-2011, 12:48 PM   #2096
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

And I'm also not 100% sure going to put an order in. I'm gonna see if its plausible to prove the other way.
Old 08-16-2011, 01:13 PM   #2097
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

At the risk of sounding all-threaty, just doing nothing will make me think you're a wolf (barring you proving it in the other manner).

I'd prefer you take a hack and miss, getting yourself at least partially into a CoT than inaction.
Old 08-16-2011, 01:18 PM   #2098
hoopsguy
General Manager

mauboy, taking feedback from the group is fine but really this is your decision. Some of the people steering you are likely to be wolves. So if you are a villager, listen but make sure you are comfortable with the decision and own it.

Odin and Thor are already dead - how bad a decision could you really make? (kiss of death)
Old 08-16-2011, 01:22 PM   #2099
hoopsguy
General Manager

Other part, just in case it is processed in real-time as you submit the order, don't do it right before deadline where it might force us to adjust. Give us a couple of hours, rather than whacking someone with 10 minutes to go and leaving people scrambling to interpret data and folks like heinz/Narc unable to react until the following day.

If it is processed at the deadline, then this doesn't apply.
Old 08-16-2011, 01:34 PM   #2100
Racer
College Benchwarmer

I also agree Mauboy should do whatever he can do sooner rather then later as if he's actually a villager he'll likely be pretty high up on the wolves target list at this point.
Racer is online now   Reply With Quote