Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

View Poll Results: If Trump Loses In November, What Do You Think Happens Next
Normal transition of power. He meets with Biden, stays until 1/20, comes to inauguration, etc. 5 5.56%
He doesn't fight the result, but resigns prior to the inauguration. 2 2.22%
He fights the result but gives up shortly before the inauguration (let's define "shortly" as "some time after the EC meets on 12/14") 30 33.33%
He fights the result all the way to January 20th. Has to be physically removed. 12 13.33%
He fights the result for a short time, but gives up and resigns before the inauguration 6 6.67%
He fights the result for a short time, but gives up an then we have a normal transition as per option 1. 30 33.33%
Other. (You know you gotta specify this one.) 5 5.56%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-16-2022, 11:09 PM   #5101
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

I feel like Eastman's "I've decide I should be on the pardon list" quote is going to end up in the political version of the "Castellanos deep drive to LF" meme.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2022, 11:55 PM   #5102
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

looks like OTHER wins
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2022, 06:58 AM   #5103
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuervo72 View Post
Is this Luttig chap ok? He seems...not 100%.

Yeah was wondering, he had a stroke recently. Might have been nice if the Committee had told us that before he started testifying. Twitter was not kind about him until someone mentioned it.
Old 06-17-2022, 07:04 AM   #5104
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
I feel like Eastman's "I've decide I should be on the pardon list" quote is going to end up in the political version of the "Castellanos deep drive to LF" meme.

yeah a lot of people on Twitter were mocking that quote I'm not sure which made me angrier that or wen he answered the lawyer's question about not saying anything about that when Gore was questioning the vote in Florida or that Kamala Harris should not use it for the next election, but we should be using it now.
Old 06-17-2022, 07:34 AM   #5105
cuervo72
Head Coach

Ok, I had actually wondered about a stroke.
Old 06-17-2022, 08:22 AM   #5106
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

It is hard to overstate just how revered Judge Luttig was in conservative circles when he was on the 4th circuit. There was a point when it seemed more likely than not that he'd end up on the Supreme Court. He was as smart, as conservative, and as FedSoc connected as anyone out there.

It might not matter in 2022, but this is not some former moderate Republican deciding to go make money on the #NeverTrump speaking circuit because he was going to lose reelection anyway. This is someone who, if things were as they should be, would get the vast majority of the GOP saying "Oh, shit. We really do need to excise the cancer."
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2022, 10:55 AM   #5107
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuervo72 View Post
Ok, I had actually wondered about a stroke.

I kinda thought it was because that's how I was after the small stroke I had a few years ago. Very sluggish when it came to talking. Credit to him for still wanting to testify
Old 06-18-2022, 05:27 PM   #5108
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

We are now at the point where Dan Crenshaw, of all people is being physically attacked at a GOP gathering.. by GOP folks.

Dan Crenshaw Confronted by Angry Republicans Calling Him 'Globalist RINO'
Old 06-18-2022, 09:17 PM   #5109
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Makes sense. The GOP should have shunted these MAGA weirdos down to the kids' table back in the Tea Party days.

Instead they encouraged them with talk about TRuE PatRioTs and ThE BloOd oF TyraNts. And the most predictable thing of all time happened.
Old 06-18-2022, 09:41 PM   #5110
PilotMan
Head Coach

Bunch of losers, as are the people who are willing to overlook all this shit and continue to vote them in while making excuses for them.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2022, 08:44 AM   #5111
Ksyrup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
I kinda thought it was because that's how I was after the small stroke I had a few years ago. Very sluggish when it came to talking. Credit to him for still wanting to testify

Luttig explained on Twitter that it wasn't a stroke. First time on national TV and given the gravity of the moment, he thought through every word before he spoke it as if it was being chiseled in granite.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 06-19-2022, 08:50 AM   #5112
Ksyrup

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie View Post
We are now at the point where Dan Crenshaw, of all people is being physically attacked at a GOP gathering.. by GOP folks.

Dan Crenshaw Confronted by Angry Republicans Calling Him 'Globalist RINO'

I don't want to see anyone get hurt of course, but we need more of this. To stave off a civil war between red and blue states, we need a civil war within the GOP. The only thing that makes them act (sometimes) is when something personally affects them. When the consequences of the grift hit too close to home, they'll change their tune.

Last edited by Ksyrup : 06-19-2022 at 08:51 AM.
Old 06-19-2022, 09:51 AM   #5113
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Luttig explained on Twitter that it wasn't a stroke. First time on national TV and given the gravity of the moment, he thought through every word before he spoke it as if it was being chiseled in granite.

Yeah I saw that, I can certainly understand the first time on TV reaction and the gravity of the moment. He certainly got his 15 minutes of fame.
Old 06-19-2022, 10:03 AM   #5114
sabotai
General Manager

Quote:
In a video shared on Twitter by Alex Stein, Stein can be heard yelling "eye patch McCain" at the lawmaker and calling him a "globalist RINO." Others can be seen following and yelling at Crenshaw as he walks through a hall at the convention.

Last month, Fox News host Tucker Carlson called Crenshaw "eye patch McCain" while he was criticizing the congressman over his support of funding for Ukraine amid Russia's ongoing invasion.

But I thought making a joke about his eye meant you hated the military.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2022, 03:37 PM   #5115
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
I don't want to see anyone get hurt of course, but we need more of this. To stave off a civil war between red and blue states, we need a civil war within the GOP. The only thing that makes them act (sometimes) is when something personally affects them. When the consequences of the grift hit too close to home, they'll change their tune.

Crenshaw will be apologizing on Fox News in a few days like a little bitch.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2022, 04:13 PM   #5116
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:

Under normal circumstances that might be the case but district's have become so gerrymandered there's no penalty for being extremists in your party. It's actually become preferred within the GOP.

The Texas GOP at that conference just aligned themselves far closer to the guy harassing Crenshaw than with Crenshaw. You either get on board with MAGA or you get primaried.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2022, 06:44 PM   #5117
BYU 14
Coordinator

I don't know what comes after sad, then funny, then SMH, then just plain pathetic hypocrite, but Kari Lake lives there now...Apparently with a little extra makeup

Brahm Resnik on Twitter: "The Queen of Phoenix drag queens, Barbara Seville, spills the tea all over old friend & Trump-endorsed candidate for Arizona governor, @karilake. #AZGOV… https://t.co/02VnnCYw6c"
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2022, 01:32 PM   #5118
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Only the finest people:
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2022, 01:54 PM   #5119
Thomkal
Head Coach

Last I saw Twitter didn't outright ban the tweet, saying it might be of public interest, Facebook banned it
Old 06-20-2022, 02:20 PM   #5120
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
Only the finest people:

This is the guy with the sex dungeon. I'm sure evangelical leaders are up in arms.

Old 06-20-2022, 02:27 PM   #5121
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
This is the guy with the sex dungeon. I'm sure evangelical leaders are up in arms.

Well sure, if that's where the restraints are placed.
Old 06-20-2022, 03:19 PM   #5122
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

I guess my biggest question has been the one I've asked before: what is the end-game here for conservatives?

Do they really believe they are under attack and need to start killing the opposition? Do they want to secede from the union?

Do they want minorities working the fields for free and women to be hushed up and in their own kind of servitude to men?

Do they want to hunt and kill gays?

Do they want to do all of this if it's liberals, but if they vote conservative it's okay (apparently not if they are log cabin Republicans).

Do they want to dissolve public schools, force women to home school children, and then have those poorly trained children wind up in the military pool or factories (long as they show up to church on Sunday).

I know they don't mind dead kids, so I guess guns may be given out for every birth. I'm sure they want a white centric population, so I guess my wife and I have to pop a few more out Duggar style.

I'm sure higher education will be frowned upon if not outlawed for anyone not making more than a 1 million per year.

Will voting even be allowed?

I just don't get the end game, is it to rally the MAGATs into actually believing that and then just "saying" it's better or is it actually to shift the dynamics of the country into a white male dominated police state?
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2022, 03:40 PM   #5123
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Qwikshot, I truly believe there is a Christian Nationalist base to the GOP that wants almost everything you listed there.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2022, 06:53 PM   #5124
BYU 14
Coordinator

I ask how he could keep a straight face and say this, but I don't think Robots can smile.

Pence Says He’s Never Seen a President Lie as Much as … Biden
Old 06-20-2022, 06:55 PM   #5125
RainMaker
General Manager

Pence will go down as one of the most pathetic figures in history. Just a fully emasculated person. All so he can get like 2% in Iowa in the 2024 or 2028 primaries.
Old 06-21-2022, 08:07 AM   #5126
Flasch186
Coordinator

Pres Desantis, who strongly believes in parental choice based on so many comments he's made including pushing through legislation based on said tenant, won't order Covid vaccines for kids from the FDA because he doesn't want to give parents the choice. WTF SMH

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2022, 08:10 AM   #5127
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flasch186 View Post
Pres Desantis, who strongly believes in parental choice based on so many comments he's made including pushing through legislation based on said tenant, won't order Covid vaccines for kids from the FDA because he doesn't want to give parents the choice. WTF SMH

DeSantis has learned from Trump that hypocrisy isn't a deal breaker for a GOP politician. Indeed, it is arguably a positive b/c it angers the libs.
Old 06-21-2022, 08:20 AM   #5128
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flasch186 View Post

He's just being consistent. He doesn't favor letting people make decisions that affect their own health.
Old 06-21-2022, 02:19 PM   #5129
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Learning about the testimony of these fake electors makes me understand them a lot better. They were (falsely) told by the Trump people that they were only submitting a slate of electors to preserve their rights in case the court challenges came out their way.

That makes them rubes, not traitors.
Old 06-21-2022, 02:23 PM   #5130
PilotMan
Head Coach

These poor women are the very reason that libel and slander laws were created. They should be able to cash in on the things that were said, and the way that their lives have been negatively impacted.

trump and his handlers are guilty as fuck in all this. The phone call excerpts were quite damning when he was yelling on the call and demanding that his number be met.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2022, 02:43 PM   #5131
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
These poor women are the very reason that libel and slander laws were created. They should be able to cash in on the things that were said, and the way that their lives have been negatively impacted.

trump and his handlers are guilty as fuck in all this. The phone call excerpts were quite damning when he was yelling on the call and demanding that his number be met.

The FBI was kind of enough to tell her to get out of her house as there were credible threats against her life. Although they didn't bother to investigate and arrest anyone until Trump left.
Old 06-21-2022, 03:12 PM   #5132
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwikshot View Post
I guess my biggest question has been the one I've asked before: what is the end-game here for conservatives?

Do they really believe they are under attack and need to start killing the opposition? Do they want to secede from the union?

Do they want minorities working the fields for free and women to be hushed up and in their own kind of servitude to men?

Do they want to hunt and kill gays?

Do they want to do all of this if it's liberals, but if they vote conservative it's okay (apparently not if they are log cabin Republicans).

Do they want to dissolve public schools, force women to home school children, and then have those poorly trained children wind up in the military pool or factories (long as they show up to church on Sunday).

I know they don't mind dead kids, so I guess guns may be given out for every birth. I'm sure they want a white centric population, so I guess my wife and I have to pop a few more out Duggar style.

I'm sure higher education will be frowned upon if not outlawed for anyone not making more than a 1 million per year.

Will voting even be allowed?

I just don't get the end game, is it to rally the MAGATs into actually believing that and then just "saying" it's better or is it actually to shift the dynamics of the country into a white male dominated police state?

Soft fascism. A segregated system where they make the rules and control most of the population. Those rules of course wouldn't necessarily apply to them.

Hyper-nationalism where they define that a "true American" is straight and white. The Christian stuff will get thrown in, but they don't really believe any of that stuff and it's just an excuse for horrific actions.

Political violence will mostly be overlooked as long as it's happening to the segregated class (to be honest, this is mostly happening now anyway). Freedom of press and speech dramatically curbed for opponents.

Elections would technically happen, but they'd be run like we see in many parts of the 3rd world. Not terribly off from where we are today, but democracy would be in name only. The goal of course would be to have a dictator they like who will punish their perceived enemies.

Hungary is a good example of what they want and something obtainable. It's not shocking they held CPAC in the country.
Old 06-21-2022, 03:24 PM   #5133
RainMaker
General Manager

Pretty wild story out of South Dakota.

Jason Ravnsborg Faces Impeachment Trial for Fatal Hit-and-Run Accident - Rolling Stone
Old 06-21-2022, 04:19 PM   #5134
Ksyrup

While I'm glad Bennie Thompson did not handle the questioning today, I think having Schiff do it was a bad idea. He's good at it, but too tied to the impeachments. They had other options so there was no reason to give him that much face time.
Old 06-21-2022, 04:35 PM   #5135
Atocep
Coordinator

Today was a lot to take in. A lot of it we knew, or had a general idea of what happened, but we have life long republicans and Trump voters laying the plan out for everyone. There's only so much explaining shit away a relatively sane person can do.

I think by the end of this it moves the needle enough for Garland to go after Trump but any charges need to come quick while there's still an appetite for it.
Old 06-21-2022, 04:48 PM   #5136
Ksyrup

That's the thing that rings so hollow about the anti-committee stuff - for the most part, they've been able to tell the story using long-time, respected (or used to be) GOP officials. So don't give me this biased BS. Just because only one party was involved in the insurrection doesn't make it political. The facts are the facts.
Old 06-21-2022, 04:52 PM   #5137
Atocep
Coordinator

Trump going on the radio to say the GOP made a huge mistake by not putting people on the committee after they didn't to appease him is the most Trump thing Trump could have done.
Old 06-21-2022, 05:23 PM   #5138
Ksyrup

Throwing McCarthy and others under the bus. No matter how much you grovel, you'll always lose. #ETTD
Old 06-21-2022, 05:24 PM   #5139
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
That's the thing that rings so hollow about the anti-committee stuff - for the most part, they've been able to tell the story using long-time, respected (or used to be) GOP officials. So don't give me this biased BS. Just because only one party was involved in the insurrection doesn't make it political. The facts are the facts.

The biggest problem with the committee is that it doesn't matter. They are doing a solid job of laying out all the crimes that have been committed. But the DoJ has decided that certain people are above the law, so it's kind of pointless.

I guess it's nice to have this stuff on the record for future generations. But it is all kind of pointless in the end.
Old 06-21-2022, 05:50 PM   #5140
Ksyrup

I'm holding out hope that this is all part of a semi-coordinated timeline to indict Trump and others (probably not anyone else who really matters or who holds federal elected office) so close to when both parties start the presidential campaign process that the GOP has no choice but to move on from him.
Old 06-21-2022, 07:25 PM   #5141
RainMaker
General Manager

I think that ship has sailed. The time to do it was right after Biden took office. 2 years has only emboldened people.
Old 06-21-2022, 07:32 PM   #5142
Ksyrup

This dude is good!

Old 06-21-2022, 08:24 PM   #5143
tarcone
Coordinator

Dude is really good.

Remember as this Senate race evolves, Missouri had 2 state governments during the Civil war. Take that into consideration when viewing that video. The racism is still here.

The word is Fight! Fight! Fight! For Iowa

FOFC 30 Dollar Challenge Champion-OOTP '15
tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2022, 08:43 PM   #5144
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post

He was Impeached tonight
Old 06-22-2022, 09:52 AM   #5145
BYU 14
Coordinator

When the narcissism of this man and his family onl6y helps the cause.

Trump aides didn't know someone was filming Trump on January 6 until the House committee got the footage: reports

I still have little hope that the end result of this is punitive in any way, or makes him go away, but I can't imagine the 1/6 footage will be very helpful to his cause.
Old 06-22-2022, 11:15 AM   #5146
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU 14 View Post
When the narcissism of this man and his family onl6y helps the cause.

Trump aides didn't know someone was filming Trump on January 6 until the House committee got the footage: reports

I still have little hope that the end result of this is punitive in any way, or makes him go away, but I can't imagine the 1/6 footage will be very helpful to his cause.

Georgia probably has the strongest and easiest case against him, but if there's one thing Trump does actually know well its how to abuse the court system. Even if charged he'll be dead before he sees the inside of a court room for any of this.
Old 06-22-2022, 12:20 PM   #5147
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post
Georgia probably has the strongest and easiest case against him, but if there's one thing Trump does actually know well its how to abuse the court system. Even if charged he'll be dead before he sees the inside of a court room for any of this.

You are right about that, the question is, how will unresolved court proceedings affect his ability to run? And if he doesn't run and gets elected what then?
Old 06-22-2022, 12:28 PM   #5148
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU 14 View Post
And if he doesn't run and gets elected what then?

Do you mean if there are enough write in votes for him to win the election? I can't see that happening.

I'm of the camp he is going to fund raise right up until he can't then announce he isn't running. That would really leave the republicans in an interesting spot. How many Trumpers would either do a write in or stay home vs those who would still come out and vote red down the ticket.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2022, 12:39 PM   #5149
Atocep
Coordinator

Father, sons from Puyallup charged for involvement in Jan. 6 riot | king5.com

A father and his two sons arrest for January 6th and they're from my town here in Washington.

The dad is a postal worker, one son is national guard, and the other is in the army reserves. The reserve son also has (likely had by now) a security clearence.
Old 06-22-2022, 12:43 PM   #5150
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

A way too early GOP primary poll has DeSantis and Trump tied in New Hampshire.

I think that the weaker Biden looks, the worst that is for Trump in a primary. If Biden looks beatable, then GOP primary voters are going to focus more on trumps general election problems. If it looked like Biden was going to win the general no matter what, then I could see Trump supporters giving him the nomination is kind of a general FU to the system.