Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

View Poll Results: If Trump Loses In November, What Do You Think Happens Next
Normal transition of power. He meets with Biden, stays until 1/20, comes to inauguration, etc. 5 5.56%
He doesn't fight the result, but resigns prior to the inauguration. 2 2.22%
He fights the result but gives up shortly before the inauguration (let's define "shortly" as "some time after the EC meets on 12/14") 30 33.33%
He fights the result all the way to January 20th. Has to be physically removed. 12 13.33%
He fights the result for a short time, but gives up and resigns before the inauguration 6 6.67%
He fights the result for a short time, but gives up an then we have a normal transition as per option 1. 30 33.33%
Other. (You know you gotta specify this one.) 5 5.56%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-12-2022, 10:19 AM   #5701
PilotMan
Head Coach

Here's another thing from the same mailer:

The raid on former president Trump’s personal residence has left many people asking: if this can be done to a former president, what does this mean for the citizens of the United States?

Well, I'm guessing that raids can happen on regular citizens too? Sometimes they are even shot and killed while they are sleeping.....but you know...they weren't really there for the Breonna Taylor raid.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

Last edited by PilotMan : 08-12-2022 at 10:19 AM.
PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2022, 10:22 AM   #5702
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
Here's another thing from the same mailer:

The raid on former president Trump’s personal residence has left many people asking: if this can be done to a former president, what does this mean for the citizens of the United States?

Well, I'm guessing that raids can happen on regular citizens too? Sometimes they are even shot and killed while they are sleeping.....but you know...they weren't really there for the Breonna Taylor raid.

Dude...you're talking about minorities and raids...not white people...c'mon. FBI doesn't do that to white people, at least, not Trump loving suckers...right?
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2022, 10:23 AM   #5703
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

I just want one of these events to finally break Trump, like his ego just can't handle the lies and the weight collapses them all from the cerebral cortex and crushes his spine and makes him into a fat pile of goo and flop sweat.
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Old 08-12-2022, 10:24 AM   #5704
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

They're not lies if he believes them.
Old 08-12-2022, 10:54 AM   #5705
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2022, 10:56 AM   #5706
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
Jon Stewart vs. Dennis Miller

Good one! Stewart eeks out a close EC victory as Scott Adams' 3rd party bid siphons just enough votes from Miller in swing states.
Old 08-12-2022, 10:56 AM   #5707
Kodos
Resident Alien

Old 08-12-2022, 11:35 AM   #5708
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

"They told me, 'Sir, you should see all the classified documents Barack HUSSEIN Obama took! Stuffed down his pants, in Michelle's bra, there were so many documents removed it was like trying to stop a waterfall with a toothpick.' Unbelievable!"
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2022, 11:44 AM   #5709
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Before Monday, the right wing spin has become that the FBI/DOJ was not aggressive enough with Trump. They wronged him by giving him time to comply and by not using aggressive law enforcement against him.

It is true tyranny that they weren't tyrannical enough.
Old 08-12-2022, 11:55 AM   #5710
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post

I legitimately thought this was satire
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2022, 12:08 PM   #5711
Ksyrup

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post

Before Monday, the right wing spin has become that the FBI/DOJ was not aggressive enough with Trump. They wronged him by giving him time to comply and by not using aggressive law enforcement against him.

It is true tyranny that they weren't tyrannical enough.

With the proviso that none of us really know what we're talking about since the facts haven't been established, this appears to be total BS from the standpoint that they are creating this false timeline. 18 months ago, he took 15 boxes. I don't know who knew what were in them and when, or when they tried to get them back. However, it is undisputed that those 15 boxes were returned in January of this year. There are articles about this - it wasn't secret back then.

At some point, the FBI/DOJ was alerted to the fact that he might still be in possession of additional classified documents. It appears this came from the National Archives. I believe that's what the June meeting with the attorneys, the surveillance search warrant, and whatever information they have been gathering from one or more informants is about. It's unknown when they became aware of the nature of those documents, but it's probably within the last 4-6 months and possibly only since around June.

Again - that's based on "facts" in the reporting from various media, if I have it right. So this 18 months BS relates back to boxes he turned over already. Either there were additional boxes or documents removed from the 15 boxes that the DOJ/FBI began looking into at some point earlier this year.

I'm so sick of any topic requiring a 15 minute reset on the facts before an actual discussion/argument can begin...
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 08-12-2022, 12:10 PM   #5712
Ksyrup

THIS!

Old 08-12-2022, 12:18 PM   #5713
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
THIS!

I agree. And yet I am posting about it as much as anyone.

Trump news is basically like a drug addiction. It makes me feel bad. It is bad for me. I know that I'd be better off without it.

But I nonetheless continue to seek it out and consume it.
Old 08-12-2022, 12:21 PM   #5714
Ksyrup

The only saving grace right now is that while he is in the news, or IS the news, 98% of what I hear/read about him does not involve me having to look at or hear him. It's ABOUT him which is bad enough, but he's not on my screen being televised constantly. You can seek that out, but it's not that hard to avoid almost entirely.
Old 08-12-2022, 12:50 PM   #5715
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

What's annoying is, the Dems have gotten pretty good things done this week. Now it is all drowned out by the Orange Oompa-Loompa. At times, I have almost like this was set up to break this way by Trumpers. They know he only gets more popular when he looks "persecuted."
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2022, 01:09 PM   #5716
GrantDawg

And the National Archives says: STFU Trump
Old 08-12-2022, 01:23 PM   #5717
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

That's such a bureaucratic librarian answer

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2022, 01:35 PM   #5718
GrantDawg

This is why I am on Twitter:
Old 08-12-2022, 02:05 PM   #5719
whomario
Pro Starter

So somehow Fox, WSJ and Breitbart all exclusively got the warrant. Without the redaction of the agents involved (DOJ requests this in their motion), which Breitbart duly published. The espionage act is part of the statutes under which evidence is sought.

Reading that blog by Breitbart is ... Something.

Meanwhile on Fox one hilarious take essentially amounted to "Trump was too busy with his coup to obey state secrecy laws, please give him a break."
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”

Last edited by whomario : 08-12-2022 at 02:10 PM.
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2022, 02:11 PM   #5720
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by whomario View Post
So somehow Fox, WSJ and Breitbart all exclusively got the warrant. Without the redaction of the agents involved (DOJ requests this in their motion), which Breitbart duly published. The espionage act is part of the statutes under which evidence is sought.

Reading that blog by Breitbart is ... Something.

It's never really been tested because no President has been as reckless and careless as Trump, but while it does say the President has declassification authority there is still a process that has to be followed AND any documents must be classified correctly.

So Trump can't just say I declassified those documents even though they're all still marked TS//SCI. This is what the right is going to try to run with but imagine if a President Hillary had fled the White House with boxes and boxes of classified material and just said I magically declassified them even though they still say TS//SCI. I swear I did you're just going to have to believe me. There would have been a firing squad brought to the Clinton home and they would have just taken care of it there.

Last edited by Atocep : 08-12-2022 at 02:21 PM.
Old 08-12-2022, 02:18 PM   #5721
GrantDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post
It's never really been tested because no President has been as reckless and careless as Trump, but while it does say the President has declassification authority there is still a process that has to be followed AND any documents must be classified correctly.

So Trump can't just say I declassified those documents even though they're all still marked TS//SCI. This is what the right is going to try to run with but image if a President Hillary had fled the White House with boxes and boxes of classified material and just said I magically declassified them even though they still say TS//SCI. I swear I did you're just going to have to believe me. There would have been a firing squad brought to the Clinton home and they would have just taken care of it there.
No doubt. This is all going to the Supreme Court to test the idea that basically the President can do anything he wants. And with this Supreme Court I expect them to say "Yes, as long as he is Republican."
Old 08-12-2022, 02:31 PM   #5722
GrantDawg

I still get this sinking feeling all of this is still going to be a net-positive for Trump.
Old 08-12-2022, 02:34 PM   #5723
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
No doubt. This is all going to the Supreme Court to test the idea that basically the President can do anything he wants. And with this Supreme Court I expect them to say "Yes, as long as he is Republican."

sigh

unfortunately, I agree with you here.

Again, I just wish those really angry, pissed off, armed and screaming losers who have their noses buried in trump's ass would just fucking 'make us all pay' already. Just show up or shut up.

Like Steam?

Old 08-12-2022, 03:02 PM   #5724
bronconick
College Starter

Eh...maybe not. They didn't save him from re-election. They might figure a Lawful Evil like DeSantis would be more useful than Trump's Chaotic Evil.
bronconick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2022, 03:05 PM   #5725
Thomkal
Head Coach

So yeah the DOJ/Garland is going to do nothing about Trump. Glad you guys were right on this. (sorry couldn't resist)
Old 08-12-2022, 03:08 PM   #5726
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
So yeah the DOJ/Garland is going to do nothing about Trump. Glad you guys were right on this. (sorry couldn't resist)

You realize they probably made him more powerful?
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2022, 03:15 PM   #5727
GrantDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronconick View Post
Eh...maybe not. They didn't save him from re-election. They might figure a Lawful Evil like DeSantis would be more useful than Trump's Chaotic Evil.
You say this like they make logic based choices, not cater to the angry mob.
Old 08-12-2022, 03:18 PM   #5728
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
You say this like they make logic based choices, not cater to the angry mob.

I don't think this SC cares about Trump or the Presidency one bit. Well, other than Clarence Thomas.

What they do what to do is push the country far to the right on social issues which they don't need a republican president to do.

I don't see them saving or helping Trump in any way.
Old 08-12-2022, 03:20 PM   #5729
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post

So what? they knew who they were dealing with here-and if he starts a civil war who you are going to blame? Trump or the DOJ?
Old 08-12-2022, 03:24 PM   #5730
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

I think non-Trumpanzees are fed up with him. This though, this should be prison. These are documents that cannot be declassified, Biden as acting president can't even do it.

Most people just want to go about their lives, raise their kids, play their games, watch their sports...Trump has become a vacuum against normalcy.

Fucker needs to be put in prison.
Old 08-12-2022, 03:28 PM   #5731
GrantDawg

Has anyone on the board had a high level security clearance? I have a friend that currently does, but I don't want to bother him with this question:
The Oval Office is considered a Scif for code-word level information, right? Is there anywhere in the residence that can also be used as a Scif? How about when a president is away from the White House? Do they designate a place as a secured area for those communications? How about on Air Force One? I think I have heard some of this before, but don't remember.
Old 08-12-2022, 03:29 PM   #5732
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
So what? they knew who they were dealing with here-and if he starts a civil war who you are going to blame? Trump or the DOJ?

Have we tried giving Trump the Sudetenland, yet?

EDIT: Originally had "Alsace-Lorraine", which doesn't make a lot of sense as a joke

SI

Last edited by sterlingice : 08-12-2022 at 03:31 PM.
Old 08-12-2022, 03:32 PM   #5733
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:

First, I don't get why this matters. Laws are laws and should apply to everyone.

I also don't think this helps him at all. Who sees this and thinks "wow, I didn't like him before but now I do like him"?
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2022, 03:33 PM   #5734
GrantDawg

The Law and Oder party:
Old 08-12-2022, 03:34 PM   #5735
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post
Have we tried giving Trump the Sudetenland, yet?

EDIT: Originally had "Alsace-Lorraine", which doesn't make a lot of sense as a joke

SI

Yes yes but I think its called Ukraine now.
Old 08-12-2022, 03:41 PM   #5736
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Has anyone on the board had a high level security clearance? I have a friend that currently does, but I don't want to bother him with this question:
The Oval Office is considered a Scif for code-word level information, right? Is there anywhere in the residence that can also be used as a Scif? How about when a president is away from the White House? Do they designate a place as a secured area for those communications? How about on Air Force One? I think I have heard some of this before, but don't remember.

I had a TS//SCI clearance but I'm not all that familiar with classified info and the President. My guess, generally speaking, is that when he's acting in his role as the President he can call whatever he wants a SCIF to conduct his duties as President. Air Force One is considered a secured site.

The problem is he's not the President anymore so he's not conducting duties as the President. There's no excuse for those materials to be outside the White House or not in the control of the national archives.
Old 08-12-2022, 03:41 PM   #5737
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
The Law and Oder party:

Back the Blue to threatening to kill cops in record time.

Old 08-12-2022, 03:41 PM   #5738
GrantDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
First, I don't get why this matters. Laws are laws and should apply to everyone.

I also don't think this helps him at all. Who sees this and thinks "wow, I didn't like him before but now I do like him"?
A) It doesn't matter. The law is the law, and the DOJ shouldn't be making political considerations in how they enforce it. IF they were, I think the timing of this was really bad. That is how I know the White House wasn't involved. I don't they would have chose this timing.
B) Again, using reason instead of "mob mind" when assessing how people are going to respond. There us a real possibility this turns the momentum from trending Dems (who were pretty fired up after Roe being overturned) to trending GOP as the base has now had gasoline poured on their motivations.

Changing people's minds? No. Midterms are about turn-out. Jim-Bob might not have cared since his Jesus, Donald Trump, is not on the ballot. But now his Jesus is being unfairly persecuted, so he is definitely going to vote and more than once if he can.
Old 08-12-2022, 03:41 PM   #5739
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Yes yes but I think its called Ukraine now.

Yeah, it would have been more timely to use "Crimea and Ukraine's nuclear weapons". But I went with the Coke Classic of Fascism rather than Coke Zero.

SI

Old 08-12-2022, 03:44 PM   #5740
GrantDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post
I had a TS//SCI clearance but I'm not all that familiar with classified info and the President. My guess, generally speaking, is that when he's acting in his role as the President he can call whatever he wants a SCIF to conduct his duties as President. Air Force One is considered a secured site.

The problem is he's not the President anymore so he's not conducting duties as the President. There's no excuse for those materials to be outside the White House or not in the control of the national archives.
Yeah, I know the last part. I was more wondering what secured location they took thses documents from. Would it have to be the Oval? His office in the residence? Could they have already been at Mar-a-largo? How are things like that filed, so to speak?
Old 08-12-2022, 03:49 PM   #5741
Solecismic
Solecismic Software

Quote:

Long game is they're trying to goad him into announcing his candidacy for 2024 because they can easily drag this out for two more years, preventing any other Republican from building a proper campaign.

(bonus, if he announces before November, that's worth five points in the upcoming mid-terms - every Democrat gets to run against Trump rather than the designated opponent).

His negatives are so high that he can't win, plus they can find a judge to issue an arrest warrant at any time or find one who says he's ineligible to run. But just about any other Republican probably does win given the usual campaign process. In the end, economics usually carries the vote and the economy isn't doing well.

We're down to scorched earth tactics on both political sides for even the most petty battles. We're not getting civil war. No one aside from a few fringe idiots on either side is even willing to play - and most of them are already elected to office or working for a television "news" network.

When the Ohio nut decided to go suicide-by-cop the other day, the only sympathy he got was from people who are so far out there they couldn't take over a single city block in Seattle or anywhere else, let alone mount a revolution. The average person is far too comfortable to risk anything of value.

All politicians do these days is try and convince us of their importance so they don't have to take on the real issues out there, which require nuance and, well, serving the people.

Trump's a clown. He's always been a clown and he always will be a clown. The problem we have right now is that we don't see that there are close to 535 other clowns in Congress alone. The primary process pretty much guarantees it.

Last edited by Solecismic : 08-12-2022 at 03:54 PM.
Solecismic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2022, 03:50 PM   #5742
Flasch186
Coordinator

If I post on my fb wall “back the blue” am I for or against the GOP today?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2022, 03:54 PM   #5743
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solecismic View Post
We're down to scorched earth tactics on both political sides for even the most petty battles.

I don't get what "scorched earth tactic" the Dems are doing. If anything, they've been apathetic about the last 6 years.
Old 08-12-2022, 03:57 PM   #5744
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flasch186 View Post
If I post on my fb wall “back the blue” am I for or against the GOP today?

You would be an enemy of the GOP today. Might have to wait till they kill an unarmed black man for that to resonate positively with them again.
Old 08-12-2022, 04:01 PM   #5745
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post
Yeah, it would have been more timely to use "Crimea and Ukraine's nuclear weapons". But I went with the Coke Classic of Fascism rather than Coke Zero.

SI

Heh
Old 08-12-2022, 04:48 PM   #5746
RainMaker
General Manager

I did see the new talking point from think tanks like the Heritage Foundation is that the President doesn't have to declare that something is unclassified, they just have to think it in their head. Not kidding in case anyone was still taking groups like that serious.
Old 08-12-2022, 04:53 PM   #5747
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Dark Brandon used his thoughts to reclassify, so tough luck, Trump.
Old 08-12-2022, 05:09 PM   #5748
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:

I still don't think anything will happen to him. If any of us had done this, we'd be looking at life in prison.

They are probably happy just to get some of those documents back before they were sold for a condo or something.
Old 08-12-2022, 05:11 PM   #5749
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:

I'm reading "Trump and His Generals" by Peter Bergen

yes, there was a Scif set up in a tent, in a room, in the Florida house.

Like Steam?

Old 08-12-2022, 05:15 PM   #5750
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post

Like Grant said, it will drive turn out in the mid terms. As for Trump himself this will just strengthen the perception that the dems are just out to get him and he is being persecuted. His base will always be loyal, but that isnt the 74 million votes he got. People are looking for other reasons to vote republican and forgive themselves because that is better than voting dem. This provides them a narrative.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote