Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-07-2009, 07:25 PM   #51
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
People make it out to be way worse then it really is. I actualy enjoy the pain from it.

Some people can't even watch someone else have it done. I got my last one when I was in Vegas with Cartman. He had to walk away

I think it varies from person to person AND tat location to location, AND what type of work is done. When I got the bat on my shoulderblade, it was pretty painless by and large, though when they were closer to the bones, it felt weirder...the extra vibrations/resonance did feel different. When I got the lotus bloom on my leg, I had a lot of blackwork shading done, which was significantly more uncomfortable than regular color or outlining work, it felt like they were dragging the needles across my leg. I've heard people complain about the outlining needles, but they're not too bad for me. It was funny, I have some nerve issues in my right ankle owing to all my surgeries. When I got the lotus bloom done, my foot kept twitching as they went over a portion of the nerve above the borked area.

/tk

terpkristin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 07:50 PM   #52
Tiphnie
n00b

the parts of mine that hurt the worst was the underside of my wrist and the top of my arm (specifically the hair on the zombie girl) other than that it really wasn't bad.
Tiphnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 07:52 PM   #53
hawk4669
High School JV

Some small parts hurt for me as well...but I'd describe it as more of an irritation than actual pain.

Cheers!

www.hbfire.org
hawk4669 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 08:34 PM   #54
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

gonna post mine in a bit
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 08:39 PM   #55
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
gonna post mine in a bit

I SEEN IT!!

I SEEN IT!!!

Seriously, where's that Las Vegas post in the WW forum?
Old 04-07-2009, 08:49 PM   #56
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Ok here we go...

This one means a ton to me...Besides the celtic cross (Family & Religion), there is our Scottish Clan symbol with saying "Grace Me Guide" in the center and the runes down the base of the cross are all the first letters of our family names. (Me, Wife, and 3 Kids). This is on my right arm.

The Celtic Tree of Life is on my right calf and has 2 runes, one for each son.

This one was my first tat, it's on my left arm and symbolizes my wife and daughter, as my wife is Emilie (I call her M) and my daughter is Madison, so when we were first married, my wife called them my M&M's to people. I also got this on a dare from the wife, she thought I was to chicken shit to get a tat....I had to prove her wrong.

I am working on a 4th one for my left calf, using a Knights Templar shield with a sword behind it and a Celtic Dragon wrapped around it hold each of my families crests in it's claws.
Old 04-07-2009, 09:04 PM   #57
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

I have 4....no pics but Ill get the wife to take some. On my left upper arm shoulder I have a orange Tiger Paw with a Navy Blue Palmetto Tree and Crescent imposed inside (the "palm" tree base in the "palm" of the paw) and the crescent in the far left claw.
Basically it symbolizes home to me and the importance of getting my degree (first in my family to go to college or graduate HS for that matter) and was a major FU to my mother who hates tatoos and always called them trashy, and the last time I saw her before I got it she basically said I was a loser and an idiot for going to college and would just wind up broke and dropped out.
I didnt see her for four years and when I came home I had a degree a tatoo and no shirt on....

The I have my last name in the shape of a tree trunk with each of my kids names branching off on my upper middle back just below my neck. Serves as symbolism that I am the strength of my family and that the growth of a generation depends on me. (I count this as two as it was originally just my son and then had my daughter added later)

And I have a tribute to my best friend who passed in january of 07 at the age of 27

Last edited by CU Tiger : 04-07-2009 at 09:05 PM.
CU Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 10:00 PM   #58
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

This is my first one, it is my Chinese name

this one was a gift from my wife and is the symbol for a question mark upside down. It is symbolic of my adoption and not knowing my heritage and is deeply meaningful to me.

this one is my last one, done in Vegas. the wording is Today Tomorrow Forever which is engraved on our wedding rings. My wife got an identical one on her back. We wanted to get something meaningful but names are creepy.

Old 04-07-2009, 10:01 PM   #59
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

dola- took them myself so may be a little screwy. One of the coolest things about the rings is you can see the artist also put them inside the rings on the tat
Old 04-07-2009, 11:31 PM   #60
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noop View Post
I have a few "7" and a symbol for honesty/truth.

I am going to get another one soon across my stomach though just not sure what to get... maybe my old neighborhood.

I think you should get a picture of your fake girlfriend tattooed over the honesty/truth symbol.
Old 04-08-2009, 02:53 AM   #61
Icy
Pro Starter

I have always liked tattoos in other people, specially black colored tribal tatoos in arms/legs, but never had one myself. I guess i'm scared of wearing something for my whole life, specially as i'm geting older.

Some of my ex-metal band mates had really nice tribal tattoos, and i was about to get one done a few times. If i didn't get one then, when i was younger and surrounded by tattooed people in gigs, recording, shows etc i doubt I'll ever have one, as my life is way more standard now. It doesn't help either that my wife doesn't like them at all.

These are the kind of tattoos i like (too much of them on this guy)

Last edited by Icy : 04-08-2009 at 02:55 AM.
Icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 11:43 AM   #62
Travis
Pro Rookie

Thanks to all those that have posted pics and stories so far, been pretty awesome catching up on those and getting to see the work members here have had done. Mine is healing up pretty good so I'm hoping to have good pictures by about this time next week and hopefully some normal looking leg hair a week or so after that
Old 04-09-2009, 12:11 PM   #63
Ramzavail
College Starter

I like the BR tatt Hawk. To me, Suffer is an album that is still mind-blowing to me today.
Ramzavail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 01:25 PM   #64
hawk4669
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramzavail View Post
I like the BR tatt Hawk. To me, Suffer is an album that is still mind-blowing to me today.

I like you. In fact, I shall re-name my children after you.

My thoughts exactly. A music album yes, but in many ways life changing for me. Probably why I tattoo'd it on me.

Cheers!

www.hbfire.org
hawk4669 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 06:34 PM   #65
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

Saw this link on Fark today and could've sworn we've talked of some of these before here, but I can't find the thread, and this is as good a place as any:

No Regrets: The Best, Worst, & Most Ridiculous Tattoos Ever - Telegraph

As a side note, I'm currently seeking someone to draw my next tattoo for me, if any of you knows anybody, please point them in my direction?

/tk
Old 09-01-2010, 09:42 PM   #66
MacroGuru
Coordinator

So I am getting the itch to get my 4th tat...and I am looking around for my designs...I had one design created, but I think I am shifting my thought process to another...

Goal will to be have it completed and done by the end of the year....
Old 09-01-2010, 09:51 PM   #67
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Got this one a couple of months ago in honor of my sons birth.

Front Office Football Central
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 009.JPG (324.3 KB, 119 views)
Old 09-02-2010, 07:08 AM   #68
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
good thing he wasn't born a day or two earlier, otherwise you'd be labeled either a stoner or a white supremest!
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 08:43 AM   #69
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartman View Post
good thing he wasn't born a day or two earlier, otherwise you'd be labeled either a stoner or a white supremest!

What is funny about that is I knew I was getting the tattoo. At about 11:15 PM on April 20th Kelly was fully crowned and had to start pushing. All I could think about was please let him come after midnight, I really don't want my kids birthday or my tattoo to be 420. 12:35 AM he popped out and we were sparred.

Last edited by Lathum : 09-02-2010 at 08:43 AM.
Old 09-02-2010, 08:49 AM   #70
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

White supremecist? 4/19?
4/20 I know...

/tk
Old 09-02-2010, 08:50 AM   #71
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I have no idea what the white supremacist thing is all about.
Old 09-02-2010, 08:50 AM   #72
Ronnie Dobbs2
Pro Rookie

Hitler's Birthday is 4/20 and is a celebrated date in those circles.
Old 09-02-2010, 05:01 PM   #73
frnk55
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacroGuru View Post
Ok here we go...

This one means a ton to me...Besides the celtic cross (Family & Religion), there is our Scottish Clan symbol with saying "Grace Me Guide" in the center and the runes down the base of the cross are all the first letters of our family names. (Me, Wife, and 3 Kids). This is on my right arm.

The Celtic Tree of Life is on my right calf and has 2 runes, one for each son.

This one was my first tat, it's on my left arm and symbolizes my wife and daughter, as my wife is Emilie (I call her M) and my daughter is Madison, so when we were first married, my wife called them my M&M's to people. I also got this on a dare from the wife, she thought I was to chicken shit to get a tat....I had to prove her wrong.

I am working on a 4th one for my left calf, using a Knights Templar shield with a sword behind it and a Celtic Dragon wrapped around it hold each of my families crests in it's claws.
I love the M & M's. That's a cool story about em.
frnk55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 05:22 PM   #74
Antmeister
Pro Starter

4/19 is the Oklahoma City bombing as well as Waco. It is more for Anti-government hatred.
Old 09-03-2010, 11:54 AM   #75
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

4/20 is my birthday. Not only am I both of the above, but I perform high school massacres on a regular basis as well.

I never put tats in this thread....guess I will see about doing it now.
Old 09-03-2010, 12:15 PM   #76
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Photobucket

Photobucket
Old 09-03-2010, 12:16 PM   #77
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Is that top one a tribal symbol of some sort?
Old 09-03-2010, 01:07 PM   #78
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Is that top one a tribal symbol of some sort?

It's an angel, done in a semi-tribal way you could say. It's for/represents my daughter (though I still let my wife think it's for her). I still need to go get something on my left wrist for my son, I just need to have time to sit down and design exactly what I want it to look like but basically it will be a clock face with the time he was born. It probably won't be so obvious it's a clock face though.
Old 09-03-2010, 01:37 PM   #79
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I really like that.