Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-12-2010, 01:10 AM   #51
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

33-30 win for the Pats over the Cowboys.

All-Pro...12 min quarters, accelerated clock w/ 15 second runoff.

DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 06:26 AM   #52
CleBrownsfan
Pro Rookie

I tried one of the OS sliders (forgot which one) and I still beat KC in week two of a season with the Browns 48-17. I played 12 min quarters with 25 second run off. So yeah - to much offense IMO.

FOOL-X - Cleveland Naps
FOOL - Cleveland Cyclones
SLOP - Cuyahoga Spiders
CleBrownsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 12:03 PM   #53
CleBrownsfan
Pro Rookie

Oh I forgot to mention this. Playing in my Browns dynasty (which I'm 3-0 - lol) I was beating the KC pretty bad - I think it was 41-10. Playing with 12 min quarters with a 25 second run off the CPU decided to go for it on a 4th and 10. Problem: there were 8 min left and they were on my 25 yard line.

Yet another good testing year by the EA crew... sigh

FOOL-X - Cleveland Naps
SLOP - Cuyahoga Spiders
Old 08-12-2010, 12:51 PM   #54
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleBrownsfan View Post
Oh I forgot to mention this. Playing in my Browns dynasty (which I'm 3-0 - lol) I was beating the KC pretty bad - I think it was 41-10. Playing with 12 min quarters with a 25 second run off the CPU decided to go for it on a 4th and 10. Problem: there were 8 min left and they were on my 25 yard line.

Yet another good testing year by the EA crew... sigh

They were also losing 41-10. Not necessarily totally unrealistic.
Old 08-12-2010, 01:19 PM   #55
Kodos
Resident Alien

Yeah, I would have gone for it there too.
Old 08-12-2010, 01:27 PM   #56
CleBrownsfan
Pro Rookie

Really?? Don't think I have ever seen a team go for it with that much time on the clock being on the other teams 25. Maybe a 4th and short...

FOOL-X - Cleveland Naps
SLOP - Cuyahoga Spiders
Old 08-12-2010, 01:31 PM   #57
Kodos
Resident Alien

Down 31 -- why not? A field goal isn't going to help. Of course, neither is a touchdown.

Now if you are on your own 25, then yes, punt it.

Last edited by Kodos : 08-12-2010 at 01:33 PM.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 01:40 PM   #58
CleBrownsfan
Pro Rookie

shoot - mixed that up - they were on their OWN 25. sorry for the confusion

FOOL-X - Cleveland Naps
SLOP - Cuyahoga Spiders
Old 08-12-2010, 01:50 PM   #59
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleBrownsfan View Post
shoot - mixed that up - they were on their OWN 25. sorry for the confusion

Well that's a lot more crazy I suppose...hmm
Old 08-12-2010, 02:06 PM   #60
korme
Go Reds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
Down 31 -- why not? A field goal isn't going to help. Of course, neither is a touchdown.

Now if you are on your own 25, then yes, punt it.

uhhmmm if you're down 31 and there is 8 mins to go, in the nfl your coach is punting it. no need to further embarrass your squad.
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 02:07 PM   #61
korme
Go Reds

oh ok, it was written wrong the first time? i was gonna say you are all crazy thinking it'd be a good idea to go for it!
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 12:47 PM   #62
BillJasper
Pro Starter

Just got done beating the Jets with the Vikings on All-Pro (35-6) and two things really made me laugh...

The 'Doritos' Crunchtime' Play of the Game was a freaking extra point!

Plus the constant ads for 'Jumpman 23 on Facebook' really make me want to go out and buy NBA2K11.
BillJasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 02:05 PM   #63
Anthony
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillJasper View Post
Just got done beating the Jets with the Vikings on All-Pro (35-6) and two things really made me laugh...

The 'Doritos' Crunchtime' Play of the Game was a freaking extra point!

Plus the constant ads for 'Jumpman 23 on Facebook' really make me want to go out and buy NBA2K11.

yeah, i agree, i will always find the "play of the game" to be a questionable choice. once i beat my friend online by like 16 pts (i believe i got like 30+ pts) and it chose a huge 20 yard reception by my TE that, while nice to look at, wasn't a pivotal play. the AI had like 4 TD plays to choose from and it picked a meaningless play for a first down.

i am awaiting NBA2K11 VERY eagerly.

HELL ATLANTIC

Last edited by Anthony : 08-21-2010 at 02:06 PM.
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 08:09 PM   #64
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Memo to EA:

If my quarterback is getting sacked and I press a button to throw the ball to a receiver please do not let my quarter throw the ball way up in the air and about 2 yards forward. I understand that this may happen from time to time in the NFL, but they get paid millions to be able to read the defense, read the blitz, and check down to the open man. If I could do all of that quickly I would be getting paid millions. Instead I must choose to either watch the blitz or look for open men. As a result of my QB throwing out of sacks I have thrown 4 pick sixes to defensive linemen in my last 3 games. This is why you don't move copies of your video games anymore. Seriously, this was an issue years ago.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 08:13 PM   #65
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Dola:

Re: Memo to EA

I understand that it rains alot in New York. However, I have a hard time believing it has rained or snowed for every NY Jets home game in the last two years, as has happened in my current dynasty. You guys are fucking idiots.

P.S.

Why in four dynasty years have I never seen a defensive player slip in the rain/snow but on any given pass play one offensive receiver slips making a cut?
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 10:33 PM   #66
RainMaker
General Manager

Isn't weather one of the easiest things to implement? There is so much historical data for each city about snow. Probably can get an intern to put together the data you need and then use that in the formula.

If December in New York = 15% chance of snow

And so on. I don't know how any sports game ever gets this wrong.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 04:51 PM   #67
ColtCrazy
College Starter

Okay, just got the game today and have been messing around with.

Played 2 games. Colts (me) at Saints for the first game. Everything on default except moved the clock to 7 min quarters. I won 49-9.

Second game, AFL retro game. Bills at Texans (Chiefs - me). I won 28-3.

PROS: I love running in this game. Feels a little more fluid than last year's version.

Graphics are a little sharper.

CONS:

Gave up on gameflow early. Glad I can call plays the old way.

Can't alter run blocking very well. Often I like to have my blocking go left when I run right because it gives me some nice traps. The line DOES NOT do this when I try to move the line.

Strategy pad will take some getting used to. Even then, it's never going to be as smooth as the old way.

NEUTRAL:

Passing is basically the same. Not a bad thing, I could tell a difference between Manning and Cassel.

Considering I got this as part of my subscription to SI, I'm not sure what I'll do with this. I'm a HUGE NCAA to NFL dynasty guy. I have a good thing going on NCAA/Madden 10. Not sure if I like 11 more than 10, other than running. I know NCAA is good this year, but I don't know. I might play this a little longer and if I'm not sold, I'll trade this in or sell it and stick with last year's.

Since a lot of people haven't posted recently, how are you all doing on the game. Any dynasty people doing the NCAA/Madden thing this year??
ColtCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 05:17 PM   #68
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

Help a Madden noob. How do I stop the pass. I have a buddy who wins about 70% of the time but he can put any wide receiver in the slot and get 300 yards receiving with the guy. I don't know how to stop it....
Scoobz0202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 05:24 PM   #69
ColtCrazy
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobz0202 View Post
Help a Madden noob. How do I stop the pass. I have a buddy who wins about 70% of the time but he can put any wide receiver in the slot and get 300 yards receiving with the guy. I don't know how to stop it....

I pick plays were the LBs play zone, but the CBs play man. The comp in 10 always used the slot guys a lot so I shadowed them with a LB. It helped a lot. You might try it if you buddy is overkilling the slot.
ColtCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 11:35 PM   #70
BillJasper
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColtCrazy View Post
I pick plays were the LBs play zone, but the CBs play man. The comp in 10 always used the slot guys a lot so I shadowed them with a LB. It helped a lot. You might try it if you buddy is overkilling the slot.

I also drop a DL into the the middle of the field on passing downs. Prevents alot of the slot receivers from grabbing easy yards over the middle.
BillJasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 05:31 AM   #71
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Go Nickel Defense, Cover 1 and control your zone safety. Double-team the slot receiver and you should be okay.

The hardest team for me to beat is the Niners. The top guy on Madden Online uses them a lot. Ginn in the slot and Gore out of the backfield kills me.

Last weekend I was 8-1. My record now is 9-3. I lost a close game I could've won and I lost a game that the guy killed me with the Packers.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote