Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-08-2010, 06:08 PM   #101
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
I do love the backup plan of Mike Riley if Pete leaves. He wanted to come to USC years ago when SD wouldn't let him interview and he did wonderful things with Canfield's development. I think he would help retain at least the offensive recruits in this class.

This is my nightmare, and it could realistically happen.

You see, Carroll is easy to demonize. He's petulant, whiny, classless, hypocritical and egotistical asshat, and he recruits a lot of players & coaches of that same bent (not all, most USC players aren't any different than other college programs, but Carroll does seem to attract a certain "swagger" of athlete, if you will).

From what reports have stated, funny stuff has been going on at USC, and Pete's gotten really good at looking the other way, if the rumors are anywhere near true. If the NCAA does come around and lay down trhe hammer, Carroll deserves to be on campus for it and taking the brunt of it. But it apepars that won't happen; he'll hightail it like Floyd did, leaving the players and new staff to take on the punishment, despite not being involved at all.

So I'm annoyed at that, and then, turnaround, the guy USC might hire is one of the nicest coaches in football, and just not a guy that it's easy to root against. It would be a lot harder for me to dislike USC with Mike Riley at the helm, and at the same time, I don't think there would be much drop off, outside of possible sanctions.

Riley would be a great hire for USC.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 03:08 PM   #102
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Good luck Seattle. Despite all his success at USC when I hear his name all that comes to mind is is laughable Pats days.

Quote:
I wouldn't say he failed. He finished 33-31, and 1-2 in the playoffs. His last 3 years in NE he was 10-7, 9-7, 8-8. Not great but not as awful as a lot of people make him out to be.

He inherited a Super Bowl team that had been improving for several years. He came on and the team got progressivly worse year by year under his watch. It's not like he inherited a mess or even an average club. That and he always looked confused and frightened on the sideline. Probably wasn't true, but that perception didn't instill confidence.

Really the only positive thing you could say is he was sandwiched in between Parcells and Belichick, so maybe they made him look worse than he really was.

Last edited by jeff061 : 01-09-2010 at 03:11 PM.
jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 03:46 PM   #103
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

And Peyton Manning wins his 4th MVP:

Indianapolis Colts quarterback Peyton Manning corrals NFL-record fourth MVP - ESPN
Old 01-10-2010, 09:25 PM   #104
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Pete is going to struggle in the NFL I think. He is focused on bringing his guys and while losing Norton will really hurt USC and help Seattle, Pete reportedly is also taking Seto with him. If he keeps all of his guys around him, that is going to be a weak NFL staff.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 01-10-2010 at 09:25 PM.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 09:39 PM   #105
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Pete is going to struggle in the NFL I think. He is focused on bringing his guys and while losing Norton will really hurt USC and help Seattle, Pete reportedly is also taking Seto with him. If he keeps all of his guys around him, that is going to be a weak NFL staff.

Bates is supposed to interview in Chicago Tuesday. Have you heard anything about Pete taking him to Seattle?
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 09:42 PM   #106
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post
Bates is supposed to interview in Chicago Tuesday. Have you heard anything about Pete taking him to Seattle?

I've heard that Pete loves Bates and is trying to convince him to go with him, but nothing beyond that. He's trying to take most of his current USC staff with him actually which is going to hurt USC but also hurt Seattle as I think only a few of them are good NFL quality coaches (most notably Norton who has proven he can develop linebackers.)
Old 01-10-2010, 09:51 PM   #107
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

He's taking Seto? Wow...okay, that surprises me. Ruel, Norton, Franklin, Bates...those guys don't surprise me. Veteran coaches with NFL resumes and proven ability. Seto is largely unproven or proven to not be all that great, depending on how you view the impact of USC's losses last year on this year's team and on whether there was enough improvement in the D across the whole season.

He wouldn't hire him as the DC, would he? Or is this one of those "Seto is the DC in name only" sort of things?

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 01-10-2010, 09:54 PM   #108
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
He's taking Seto? Wow...okay, that surprises me. Ruel, Norton, Franklin, Bates...those guys don't surprise me. Veteran coaches with NFL resumes and proven ability. Seto is largely unproven or proven to not be all that great, depending on how you view the impact of USC's losses last year on this year's team and on whether there was enough improvement in the D across the whole season.

He wouldn't hire him as the DC, would he? Or is this one of those "Seto is the DC in name only" sort of things?

I'm also surprised that he is taking Seto. At least, he is being loyal to "his guys" and keeping that consistent. I'm thinking that Seto would be a DB coach in the NFL, but I haven't heard anything about what position he will have, just that he is almost certainly going to be on Pete's staff. Ruel and Norton seem like definite hires for his staff as well.

Edit: Although USC will fight hard to keep Norton and they might be successful in doing so if they give him enough power/money.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 01-10-2010 at 09:59 PM.
Old 01-10-2010, 10:11 PM   #109
fantom1979
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff061 View Post
Really the only positive thing you could say is he was sandwiched in between Parcells and Belichick, so maybe they made him look worse than he really was.

Carroll was the coach for the Jets before Rich Kotite, so he is a football god in New York
fantom1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 11:28 PM   #110
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post

Just heard (and ESPN is also reporting it) that Bates has decided to accept Pete's offer in part because he thinks it offers longer job security with the uncertain situation in Chicago.
Old 01-10-2010, 11:40 PM   #111
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Just heard (and ESPN is also reporting it) that Bates has decided to accept Pete's offer in part because he thinks it offers longer job security with the uncertain situation in Chicago.

Crappy situation for the Bears that was already foretold by some here earlier this week (IIRC). Who really wants that job with Lovie Smith on the hot seat and one more year on his deal? And a mixed bag with respect to offensive talent? They're going to have to accept some position coach loking for his first opportunity at a coordinator job, I'll bet.

Old 01-14-2010, 01:18 PM   #112
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
Crappy situation for the Bears that was already foretold by some here earlier this week (IIRC). Who really wants that job with Lovie Smith on the hot seat and one more year on his deal? And a mixed bag with respect to offensive talent? They're going to have to accept some position coach loking for his first opportunity at a coordinator job, I'll bet.

And word is their first and only choice for Def Coordinator, Perry Fewell, is now off to the Giants. Whee.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 01:25 PM   #113
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantom1979 View Post
Carroll was the coach for the Jets before Rich Kotite, so he is a football god in New York

Fucking Rich Kotite...you just ruined my day. Every time some Eagles fan bitches about Andy Reid they should be shown a picture of Kotite.
Dr. Sak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 01:28 PM   #114
Kodos
Resident Alien

Time to bring back Buddy Ryan.
Old 01-14-2010, 01:42 PM   #115
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord View Post
And word is their first and only choice for Def Coordinator, Perry Fewell, is now off to the Giants. Whee.

Perry Farrell? So no Janes reunion tour?

Old 01-14-2010, 01:43 PM   #116
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
Time to bring back Buddy Ryan.

Kissing Suzy Kolber » Blog Archive » Coach Ryan Gets An Unwelcome Visitor | kissingsuzykolber.com
Old 01-14-2010, 03:34 PM   #117
Honolulu Blue
Dynasty Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Sak View Post
Fucking Rich Kotite...you just ruined my day. Every time some Eagles fan bitches about Andy Reid they should be shown a picture of Kotite.

You mean this guy?

Honolulu Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 03:51 PM   #118
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
... and then, turnaround, the guy USC might hire is one of the nicest coaches in football, and just not a guy that it's easy to root against.

Well at least that situation was avoided
Old 01-14-2010, 04:10 PM   #119
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Pats fired their defensive coordinator, Dean Pees.

That's all well and good, but maybe they should replace the magic 8 ball calling their offensive plays.

Last edited by jeff061 : 01-14-2010 at 04:50 PM.
Old 01-14-2010, 04:16 PM   #120
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Pats fired there defensive coordinator, Dean Pees.

That's all well and good, but maybe they should replace the magic 8 ball calling their offensive plays.

replace them both. and get me a RB, a third WR (Edelman maybe?), and some fucknig pass-rush please.

shit, i'm of the opinion you prolly need a #2 WR for at least most of next year too...I think it's prolly like 50/50 odds that Welker is on IR the whole year (or at least that he probably should be to return with full Welker-ness if possible).

Last edited by DaddyTorgo : 01-14-2010 at 04:19 PM.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 04:22 PM   #121
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
replace them both. and get me a RB, a third WR (Edelman maybe?), and some fucknig pass-rush please.

shit, i'm of the opinion you prolly need a #2 WR for at least most of next year too...I think it's prolly like 50/50 odds that Welker is on IR the whole year (or at least that he probably should be to return with full Welker-ness if possible).

I think we're pretty close to needing a #1. Can't tell if Moss is completely disinterested, or doesn't have much left in the tank.
Old 01-14-2010, 04:47 PM   #122
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

I'm not completely unsold on the idea that they just don't look to him in certain coverages, at all. In 2007 they were tossing it to him when he was doubled and sometimes triple covered and he was just pulling them down. That's how they put the crazy numbers up. About 3/4 through the season they just stopped.

I'm not saying they should go hog wild, but take a risk every once in awhile. Randy seems to make those plays, at least he did when they were trying.

Do we really think Welker is pulling in 100+ catches without Moss? Would be interesting to see.

Last edited by jeff061 : 01-14-2010 at 04:49 PM.
Old 01-14-2010, 08:37 PM   #123
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

i think they certainly have to consider the idea of a #1 yeah...we'll see
Old 01-14-2010, 09:05 PM   #124
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
I'm not completely unsold on the idea that they just don't look to him in certain coverages, at all. In 2007 they were tossing it to him when he was doubled and sometimes triple covered and he was just pulling them down. That's how they put the crazy numbers up. About 3/4 through the season they just stopped.

I'm not saying they should go hog wild, but take a risk every once in awhile. Randy seems to make those plays, at least he did when they were trying.

Do we really think Welker is pulling in 100+ catches without Moss? Would be interesting to see.

That version 6.3 is a bitch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 09:19 PM   #125
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu Blue View Post
You mean this guy?

"Sparring partner for Muhammad Ali." It all makes sense now.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 10:00 PM   #126
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
"Sparring partner for Muhammad Ali." It all makes sense now.

So thats where the dope came from
CU Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 11:31 PM   #127
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
I think RB was fine. Maroney will likely be gone and we'll probably pick someone up mid/late in the draft or in FA, but I thought Taylor/Morris/Faulk all looked good at times. WR you need a legitimate 2 more than a 3. Put Edelman in the slot, and even if he's playing great when Welker returns you can use them both in the 4 WR spread sets we like to use. Burgess actually was pretty well-rounded and complimented Mayo well, but adding a 3rd LB would be huge. Banta-Cain may have had 10 sacks, but just wasn't cutting it as an every down player.

Anyone saying Randy Moss is done or doesn't help the team isn't worth arguing with at this point.
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 11:37 PM   #128
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Well at least that situation was avoided

Heh, heh...yeah, glad for that. Like I said in the college football hiring thread, "at least I can hate USC again".

Old 01-18-2010, 06:50 PM   #129
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Chan Gailey to Buffalo as HC .. wow.

Also, Mike Nolan and Josh McDaniels "mutually part ways" so Denver is in the market for a DC.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 07:32 AM   #130
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

Looks like Brian Westbrook is going to retire
Old 01-19-2010, 07:58 AM   #131
Samdari
Roster Filler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Sak View Post
Looks like Brian Westbrook is going to retire

That's been reported for some weeks....
Old 01-19-2010, 10:21 AM   #133
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BishopMVP View Post
I think RB was fine. Maroney will likely be gone and we'll probably pick someone up mid/late in the draft or in FA, but I thought Taylor/Morris/Faulk all looked good at times. WR you need a legitimate 2 more than a 3. Put Edelman in the slot, and even if he's playing great when Welker returns you can use them both in the 4 WR spread sets we like to use. Burgess actually was pretty well-rounded and complimented Mayo well, but adding a 3rd LB would be huge. Banta-Cain may have had 10 sacks, but just wasn't cutting it as an every down player.

Anyone saying Randy Moss is done or doesn't help the team isn't worth arguing with at this point.

I don't think Moss is done or doesn't help the team, but he's certainly getting older and as he gets older the risk of injuries keeping him out of the lineup grows. He's definitely still got stuff left in the tank and can be an asset to this team though.

Plan for the future.
Old 01-19-2010, 10:43 AM   #134
Ronnie Dobbs2
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BishopMVP View Post

Agree wholeheartedly with all these points. Just wanted to point out that both Brandon Tate and Tyrone McKenzie could conceivably help to fill these holes as well.
Old 01-19-2010, 10:44 AM   #135
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie Dobbs2 View Post
Agree wholeheartedly with all these points. Just wanted to point out that both Brandon Tate and Tyrone McKenzie could conceivably help to fill these holes as well.

Yeah. I was real high on them (particularly McKenzie) coming out of the draft. It was a huge bummer to me when he got injured - I hope he's able to make a complete recovery and come in next year and really have put a lot of work in to learn the playbook and such so that he'll be a solid player.
Old 01-19-2010, 11:01 AM   #136
DataKing
Pro Rookie

It's been overshadowed (and rightfully so) by the death of Gaines Adams, but the Bears hired Mike Tice as Offensive Line coach last Friday.
Diablo III (BattleTag: DataKing#1685)
Allegiances:
Chicago Bears - Detroit Red Wings - Kansas Jayhawks
Awards:
2011 Golden Scribe - Other Sports Category (The Straight(away) and Narrow - A Forza Motorsport 3 Dynasty)
DataKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 11:05 PM   #137
dervack
College Prospect

Yeah, too bad they didn't go after Nolan for DC. That would involve them abandoning the Tampa 2.
dervack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 11:51 PM   #138
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

Teams are probably started playing that 2 deep zone against the Patriots most of the time later in the 07 season like they did against him when he was a Viking that is why Welker is wide open so often. I think Moss does become very frustrated seeing that defense game in and game out because it eliminates the strongest part of his game. Its hard for any QB to force that ball when the safetys are playing 20 yards off the LOS even if it is Brady throwing to Moss.

I havent watched much of the Pats the past 2 years so this is purely speculation.

It should open up the run game much more than it has however.

Last edited by jbergey22 : 01-19-2010 at 11:55 PM.
jbergey22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 03:43 PM   #139
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post
Marinelli + Martz = SUPER SUCCESS!!

Do it! Come on, Chicago! DO IT!

Martz is a mad genius. Look at the kind of numbers Jon "Jesus" Kitna put up under Martz? Think of what Cutler could do in that system. Between Marinelli and his pad level and Tampa 2 and Martz's air attack... It would be unstoppable!

The dream's become reality!

Martz is the Bear's OC!

Chicago Bears hire Mike Martz as offensive coordinator - ESPN Chicago

The latest news from Bears beat reporter Jeff Dickerson. Blog

Martz interviewed with the Bears on Friday then traveled to Nashville, Tenn., to speak with Bears quarterback Jay Cutler. Martz, working for the NFL Network, had criticized Cutler's comportment after the quarterback threw four interceptions in a season-opening loss at Green Bay.

The hiring ends a prolonged search that included an interview with Minnesota Vikings quarterbacks coach Kevin Rogers. The Bears also were interested in former Denver Broncos quarterbacks coach Jeremy Bates, who worked with Cutler in Denver, but Bates went to the Seattle Seahawks with Pete Carroll after serving a season on USC's staff.

The Bears also interviewed the Cincinnati Bengals' Ken Zampese and the San Diego Chargers' Rob Chudzinski.

Martz is a former St. Louis Rams head coach and offensive coordinator. The Rams won a Super Bowl with Martz as the offensive coordinator and lost a Super Bowl when he became head coach.

Martz hired Lovie Smith as the Rams defensive coordinator.

"Even though I've never worked with Mike Martz, I'm in favor of the Bears hiring anybody that can get us back on the right track, and hopefully back to a Super Bowl," Bears tight end Desmond Clark said. "Mike Martz has a great track record, and I'm excited to see how this offense could grow in 2010."
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).

Last edited by Honolulu_Blue : 02-01-2010 at 03:53 PM.
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 03:51 PM   #140
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Chicago is now just one Brandon Marshall signing away from a Super Bowl run.

flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 03:54 PM   #141
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Let's run down all the ways this is a disaster for the Bears:

1. His QB's get blasted a ton, and that's with okay OL's. Chicago does not have an okay OL.

2. He doesn't use his TE's. Chicago's best weapon is a TE.

3. His system takes at least two years to implement. He will be there one year.

4. You need to have smart WR's. I have no idea how smart the Bears WR's are because they are all young.

5. His system leads to a ton of INT's. Jay Cutler already throws a ton of INT's. This could be awesome.

The one positive here is it means Lovie and co. are for sure gone after this year so that is something.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 03:58 PM   #142
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToxRox View Post
Let's run down all the ways this is a disaster for the Bears:

1. His QB's get blasted a ton, and that's with okay OL's. Chicago does not have an okay OL.

2. He doesn't use his TE's. Chicago's best weapon is a TE.

3. His system takes at least two years to implement. He will be there one year.

4. You need to have smart WR's. I have no idea how smart the Bears WR's are because they are all young.

5. His system leads to a ton of INT's. Jay Cutler already throws a ton of INT's. This could be awesome.

The one positive here is it means Lovie and co. are for sure gone after this year so that is something.

6. He is notoriously difficult to get along. Jay Cutler is notoriously difficult to get along with. There will be friction.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 04:07 PM   #143
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

cutler and him already not getting along - this is great.

bears WR's are dumb. devin hester is nobody's idea of a "smart & precise route-running WR" for example.

knox actually might do well in that type of system I guess? if cutler can get the ball to him instead of the other team.
Old 02-01-2010, 04:10 PM   #144
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

for all those ragging on Randy Moss

Source: Patriots Randy Moss diagnosed with separated shoulder - ESPN Boston

Potentially may have happened on 10/11 (he showed up on the injury report with "shoulder" after that week's game against Denver).

Last edited by DaddyTorgo : 02-01-2010 at 04:10 PM.
Old 02-01-2010, 04:21 PM   #145
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Heh, just came here to post that.

Old 02-01-2010, 04:33 PM   #146
DataKing
Pro Rookie

So Martz comes in as a lame-duck OC for a lame-duck coach. Just don't get Jay killed, Mike. That's all I ask.
Diablo III (BattleTag: DataKing#1685)
Allegiances:
Chicago Bears - Detroit Red Wings - Kansas Jayhawks
Awards:
2011 Golden Scribe - Other Sports Category (The Straight(away) and Narrow - A Forza Motorsport 3 Dynasty)
DataKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 04:36 PM   #147
MikeVic
Head Coach

I don't know, I'm curious to see how Martz and the Chicago O get along. Could either result in entertaining news stories or a potent offense (with a WR or two coming in).
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 04:37 PM   #148
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Jay could use a good killin'.

Old 02-02-2010, 02:13 AM   #149
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbergey22 View Post
Teams are probably started playing that 2 deep zone against the Patriots most of the time later in the 07 season like they did against him when he was a Viking that is why Welker is wide open so often. I think Moss does become very frustrated seeing that defense game in and game out because it eliminates the strongest part of his game. Its hard for any QB to force that ball when the safetys are playing 20 yards off the LOS even if it is Brady throwing to Moss.

I havent watched much of the Pats the past 2 years so this is purely speculation.

It should open up the run game much more than it has however.
Not really. Teams were playing 1 deep safety and rolling him to Moss' side. While it did open up underneath for Welker and Edelman, it also opened up the other side deep but they never had anyone who could go deep on the other side. They signed Galloway, but he was finished, they hoped Brandon Tate could be but he was injured most of the year, and they tried desperately to make Sam Aiken that guy, but aside from one or two highlight reel catches he proved he was a glorified Special Teams player.

For what it's worth, Football Outsiders also had the combined pass defenses the Pats faced this year as the toughest any team has faced since this decade, and Moss still ended up with 1200+ yards. So injury or not, I really don't get the desire for him to leave.

Other Pats news, Wilfork is getting really pissed about the thought of being Franchise Tagged. The timing of his statements are just annoying since the Pats coaches are on vacation for like 2 weeks and said they wouldn't be negotiating with anyone over that time. We'll see - I really don't think we can afford to lose Wilfork. Ron Brace didn't show much, and even if Pryor was a nice surprise, neither of them look to be the stud DT you need in a 3-4 to do anything against the run.
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 06:38 AM   #150
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

I figure with the way Wilfork has handled the situation so far he's earned the right to say whatever he wants.