Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-24-2020, 07:31 PM   #19501
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
I don't use any oil in my air fryer. Just a little cooking spray.

Yeah. That’s what I meant. I guess mine is shitty or something cause a quick spray or two was nothing special . But if you go overboard a bit you get some mean potatoes or fries. It also makes great bacon and hot dogs
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2020, 11:11 PM   #19502
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

OH GOD IT'S REALLY REALLY HAPPENING!!!!!!!!!

Mountain Dew Flavored Doritos Exist Because Sure Why Not - Nerdist

CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2020, 08:06 AM   #19503
miami_fan
Coordinator

Now that the schools are not teaching cursive writing, what happens to script signatures? What happens with those print your name, sign your name forms?
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2020, 09:47 AM   #19504
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_fan View Post
Now that the schools are not teaching cursive writing, what happens to script signatures? What happens with those print your name, sign your name forms?

I would figure the extra line probably remains until script signatures become less common.

The "sign here, print here" was always a practical (rather than legal) matter best I can tell.
Old 04-27-2020, 09:52 AM   #19505
Kodos
Resident Alien

Put me firmly in the camp that thinks cursive is worthless and that we should just let it die. If necessary, teach people to sign their name, and then be done.

Last edited by Kodos : 04-27-2020 at 09:53 AM.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2020, 09:57 AM   #19506
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
The "sign here, print here" was always a practical (rather than legal) matter best I can tell.

Yeah, more of a 'in case we can't make out your scribble' can you print out your name. My signature is basically crazy pen strokes at this point that only has a very small relation to my actual name.

I think there will need to be some sort of 'mark' to show assent to terms, so perhaps it becomes a flourishy print name?

Last edited by ISiddiqui : 04-27-2020 at 09:58 AM.
ISiddiqui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2020, 10:07 AM   #19507
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
Put me firmly in the camp that thinks cursive is worthless and that we should just let it die.

Almost entirely +1.

"Almost" only cause it probably has some value -- on par with knowing how to crank up a Model T -- but still so close to zero that it's nowhere near enough to be worth the time investment and frustration that it requires.
Old 04-27-2020, 10:08 AM   #19508
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

I've yet to hear any defense of cursive other than some variation of "I dislike change."

Time to die.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2020, 10:10 AM   #19509
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

dola:

It is funny to think, though, that we might be in a position in our old age to have our grandkids bring up some old letter they found written in cursive and have us read it to them like we are translating some ancient language or something.
Old 04-28-2020, 01:07 AM   #19510
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I feel like my Dishwasher runs at least 2-3 times a day since this whole stay-at-home thing started. There’s 4 of us here so i guess that’s a considerable amount of dishes.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2020, 02:24 AM   #19511
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Well, that was.... interesting.

My body craved sleep, but I had put in the laundry in the apartment's communal laundry room at 10 PM. Getting up at midnight-ish to move it to the dryers wasn't so bad, but I was in two minds about getting it out of the dryer, I wanted to get some hours of uninterrupted sleep, but I was using two of the four dryers for the whole building, so just in case someone had to do it early morning, I wanted to get them out. I finally set my alarm for 7 AM.

I figured that would give me enough time to rest. It was highly unlikely three people needed the dryer (after the washer) at 7 AM.

Unfortunately, that fact didn't quite register with my brain, so I got to experience one of those things where you alternate periods of being almost-awake, and "sleep" where your brain throws up various weirdness and insanity because "DON"T FALL ASLEEP YOU HAVE TO GET UP AND GET THE LAUNDRY".

Basically, the first thought I had just now waking up was the title of an old Greatful Dead compilation album..

What a long strange trip it's been.
Old 04-28-2020, 08:47 AM   #19512
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
dola:

It is funny to think, though, that we might be in a position in our old age to have our grandkids bring up some old letter they found written in cursive and have us read it to them like we are translating some ancient language or something.

That could be in a movie!
Old 04-28-2020, 08:54 AM   #19513
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
Put me firmly in the camp that thinks cursive is worthless and that we should just let it die. If necessary, teach people to sign their name, and then be done.

As someone who FAILED penmanship (because 1. I didn't care. 2. Because I didn't try. 3. because I couldn't put the slant in my words.) in school. Fuck cursive.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2020, 09:03 AM   #19514
spleen1015
Coordinator

I have to concentrate when I write these days. I don't spend a lot of time writing. I bet I go weeks without writing anything.

We recently redid our wills and I had to concentrate to write my signature.
Old 04-28-2020, 09:23 AM   #19515
lungs
Pro Rookie

As a left-handed writer, I wholeheartedly concur with the anti-cursive sentiments. It is a discriminatory writing system.
lungs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2020, 10:36 AM   #19516
miami_fan
Coordinator

Look here, you guys are not going to disrespect the ability to fudge a signature in this thread!
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2020, 08:57 AM   #19517
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

On the neighborhood Nextdoor, there is a discussion of whether it is OK for someone walking their dog to put a bag of poop in an empty trashcan on the curb that someone has yet to bring up back to their house on trash day.

The comments are, as you might expect, filled with a level of passion and hatred and venom that can be brought only by suburban people arguing about something that does not matter.
Old 05-01-2020, 09:02 AM   #19518
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
On the neighborhood Nextdoor, there is a discussion of whether it is OK for someone walking their dog to put a bag of poop in an empty trashcan on the curb that someone has yet to bring up back to their house on trash day.

The comments are, as you might expect, filled with a level of passion and hatred and venom that can be brought only by suburban people arguing about something that does not matter.

I think it should be encouraged. Will likely stop assholes from not cleaning it up at all or leaving it in a bag by the curb. Either way whats the real harm?

The only harm I could see is if someone keeps their cans in the garage. I suspect that could cause some issues.

Reminds me of the time when I lived in Oregon. All of a sudden we started noticing someone not picking up after their dog. It got to the point where a neighbor put up signs around the area warning people. One day I was looking out the window and saw a kid who was home from college walking a dog. He lived a couple houses away. Sure enough dog shits and the kid keeps going. I bolted from the house and let him have it. Magically it stopped, yet I am sure he thinks I was the asshole.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2020, 09:38 AM   #19519
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Either way whats the real harm?

This was my take. I've tended to do it on the theory of "who cares if there is garbage in their garbage can?"

Well, apparently, some of my neighbors REALLY care. So I'll stop doing it. This isn't worth ending up in the strange news stories thread with a "local man shot and killed over dog poop bag dispute" headline.
Old 05-01-2020, 09:42 AM   #19520
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

I don't know about you, but I don't want feces sitting in a garbage can sitting in my garage on a hot summers day.
Old 05-01-2020, 10:03 AM   #19521
PilotMan
Head Coach

It makes no difference at all. You could always just hurl it toward the front door I suppose. I'd much rather people throw trash in my trash can than just leave it lying where it is. No matter the trash, no matter the can.

Like Steam?

Old 05-01-2020, 10:06 AM   #19522
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

um....what are we talking about?
Old 05-01-2020, 10:07 AM   #19523
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

oh lol i thought this wasx still the trump thread
Old 05-01-2020, 10:09 AM   #19524
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Easy mistake when we are talking about dog shit in a garbage can .
Old 05-01-2020, 10:19 AM   #19525
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Quote:
I'm fairly sure I've said it before, but I'll say it again: we moved from the Charleston area in 2014, but both my wife and I are *still* lurking members of the FB group from our subdivision and development down there because of the consistently hilarious drama that bunch delivers. 5th of July is always a highlight after the fireworks, but the best (pre-Covid) was that in the last year, some asshat on the HOA Board contracted a towing company to enforce the "no cars parked on the street after 10:00pm" rule. So, teenagers with friends over on a Friday night, people hosting a Super Bowl or National Championship Game party, anyone hosting family overnight during the holidays, or anyone with five or more drivers in the house, "EFF YOU!!! YOU SIGNED THE COVENANT WHEN YOU MOVED IN YOU KNEW WHAT YOU WERE GETTING INTO NEVER MIND THAT THIS SUBDIVISION EXISTED FOR 15 YEARS WITHOUT EVER ENFORCING THAT RULE IN SUCH A MACHIAVELLIAN MANNER AND YOU NEED 90% OF PEOPLE TO OVERTURN A RULE AND WE'VE NEVER HAD MORE THAN 60% TO VOTE ON ANYTHING EVER HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!"
Old 05-01-2020, 10:20 AM   #19526
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISiddiqui View Post
...and Imran wins the thread.
Old 05-01-2020, 10:46 AM   #19527
CarterNMA
Mascot

For the first time in probably a decade or more I slept for more than 8 hours. I got in 11 hours last night. I woke up so stunned. And my back is now hella stiff. I guess that means my mind is finally relaxing over this COVID shit?
CarterNMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2020, 10:55 AM   #19528
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarterNMA View Post
For the first time in probably a decade or more I slept for more than 8 hours. I got in 11 hours last night. I woke up so stunned. And my back is now hella stiff. I guess that means my mind is finally relaxing over this COVID shit?

exhaustion is one of the first signs you have it.

Just saying
Old 05-01-2020, 10:55 AM   #19529
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISiddiqui View Post
can we get a like button up in here?
Old 05-01-2020, 10:56 AM   #19530
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben E Lou View Post
I'm fairly sure I've said it before, but I'll say it again: we moved from the Charleston area in 2014, but both my wife and I are *still* lurking members of the FB group from our subdivision and development down there because of the consistently hilarious drama that bunch delivers. 5th of July is always a highlight after the fireworks, but the best (pre-Covid) was that in the last year, some asshat on the HOA Board contracted a towing company to enforce the "no cars parked on the street after 10:00pm" rule. So, teenagers with friends over on a Friday night, people hosting a Super Bowl or National Championship Game party, anyone hosting family overnight during the holidays, or anyone with five or more drivers in the house, "EFF YOU!!! YOU SIGNED THE COVENANT WHEN YOU MOVED IN YOU KNEW WHAT YOU WERE GETTING INTO NEVER MIND THAT THIS SUBDIVISION EXISTED FOR 15 YEARS WITHOUT EVER ENFORCING THAT RULE IN SUCH A MACHIAVELLIAN MANNER AND YOU NEED 90% OF PEOPLE TO OVERTURN A RULE AND WE'VE NEVER HAD MORE THAN 60% TO VOTE ON ANYTHING EVER HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!"

That person would get way more than shit in their garbage can
Old 05-01-2020, 10:56 AM   #19531
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post
I don't know about you, but I don't want feces sitting in a garbage can sitting in my garage on a hot summers day.

That would be the one legit gripe I think someone would have.

I would also stop doing it if I knew it annoyed people so much.
Old 05-01-2020, 12:53 PM   #19532
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:

FWIW, we also pick up the poop and carry it home to toss or into a public trash.

Putting poop in other people's trash can (without first asking) seems rude.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2020, 12:59 PM   #19533
molson
General Manager

There's always bagged dog poop in my trash can, starting with our first walk after trash delivery, so I certainly don't mind anyone else throwing theirs in there. We don't have a garage though, we just have to move it off the street. It'd be a real adjustment for me if I ever moved to a nice area that has rules and bored neighbors looking to enforce them.

I wouldn't put it someone else's trash just because I don't want to risk being confronted by a weirdo, but I don't see what difference it makes. So I'd have to side with Larry David on this one:

Garbage Can - So LA - Larry David, Curb Your Enthusiasm - YouTube

Last edited by molson : 05-01-2020 at 01:02 PM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2020, 12:20 PM   #19534
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

I see (thanks to Twitter) that it is once again World Naked Gardening Day.

No wonder the neighbors looked at me so funny LAST weekend.

#Oops
Old 05-02-2020, 12:24 PM   #19535
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I see (thanks to Twitter) that it is once again World Naked Gardening Day.

No wonder the neighbors looked at me so funny LAST weekend.

#Oops

Just tell them that you wanted the "World Naked Gardening Day" spirit to last year round and not just for a single day.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

Last edited by sterlingice : 05-02-2020 at 12:25 PM.
sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2020, 02:30 PM   #19536
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Oh, sure, and now "MURDER HORNETS" is trending on Twitter. Just stop, already, 2020!

SI

Old 05-02-2020, 03:27 PM   #19537
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben E Lou View Post

This is precisely why I will never EVER buy a home that requires joining and HOA. Nobody but NOBODY gets to tell me what to do on my property or with my property (this includes the city who I got into a large beef with about 8 years ago trying to tell me my house didn't look "good enough". Their regulation/fining process was written so vaguely they simply chose to rescind the demand that I update things.

Quote:
That person would get way more than shit in their garbage can

Oh man, yeah, damn skippy.
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2020, 04:10 PM   #19538
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

Quote:
This was my take. I've tended to do it on the theory of "who cares if there is garbage in their garbage can?"

Well, apparently, some of my neighbors REALLY care. So I'll stop doing it. This isn't worth ending up in the strange news stories thread with a "local man shot and killed over dog poop bag dispute" headline.

We had the same question pop up on our Next Door recently, and although I'm firmly in the "sure, throw your crap bag in my trashcan" camp, I was surprised to see the poll come out with more people ok with it than against it (I think it was something like 58-42).
Vince, Pt. II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2020, 05:38 PM   #19539
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Am I racist for watching "Black people react to white people music" on Youtube?

Is my white privlige leaking?
Old 05-02-2020, 07:32 PM   #19540
molson
General Manager

I get a few news push notifications on my phone. I haven't received one that didn't have to do with the pandemic in probably 5 or 6 weeks now. Until today. When I was informed of the coming U.S. invasion of the Asian "murder hornet". Neat.

RIP all bees.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nyt...ngton.amp.html

Last edited by molson : 05-02-2020 at 07:36 PM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2020, 07:34 PM   #19541
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
I get a few news push notifications on my phone. I haven't received one that didn't have to do with the pandemic in probably 5 or 6 weeks now. Until today. When I was informed of the coming U.S. invasion of the Asian "murder hornet". Neat.

Apparently up here in Washington we're first for a lot of things in 2020.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2020, 07:38 PM   #19542
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post
Am I racist for watching "Black people react to white people music" on Youtube?

Is my white privlige leaking?

Don't know but that damn spelling again.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2020, 07:43 PM   #19543
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
Don't know but that damn spelling again.

Nevrr!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-03-2020, 05:29 AM   #19544
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Last edited by CrimsonFox : 05-03-2020 at 10:08 AM.
Old 05-03-2020, 08:50 AM   #19545
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
picture

Stolen for my own social media, that's just too damn accurate
Old 05-03-2020, 09:52 AM   #19546
PilotMan
Head Coach

Does anyone else see nothing but a blank space in CF's post?

Like Steam?

Old 05-03-2020, 10:03 AM   #19547
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

/Raises hand sheepishly/

SI

Last edited by sterlingice : 05-03-2020 at 10:03 AM.
Old 05-03-2020, 10:04 AM   #19548
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Stolen for my own social media, that's just too damn accurate

the circle of life is complete...
Old 05-03-2020, 10:08 AM   #19549
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
Does anyone else see nothing but a blank space in CF's post?

there i changed the image's location
Old 05-03-2020, 10:18 AM   #19550
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

And it works!

SI