Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-08-2009, 07:46 AM   #51
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter

I'm a student! For now just voting some someone who hasn't checked in yet, subject to change, etc.

VOTE GRAMMATICUS

RPI-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 07:47 AM   #52
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I think 3 wolves is definitely possible. I think 2 wolves works for an 11 player game. I think with 4 more players you need a 3rd wolf.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 07:51 AM   #53
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Additional student reporting in!

jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 08:06 AM   #54
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
I am a student.

It is my guess I am not an overly bright one, because I am confused by the deadlines.

I see 7 p.m. EST references, but the title says 10 p.m. Lathum has hinted that tomorrow's deadline is different than normal, so I believe he intends to have a 7 p.m. EST deadline tomorrow (4 p.m. his and my time), while returning to a later deadline time for other nights.

So on that assumption, I will not return before the deadline is processed tomorrow night (although I will normally be able to do so in the future). So I have to put in a vote now.

VOTE DANNY

Why? I don't have a reason, of course. I don't want to vote for some of the long time guys who are back from long breaks, and I have voted too much for most everyone else recently. It's Day One, people! Blah...

As usual, any reason to construe this as actual evidence I have even the tiniest hint that Danny is a wolf and thus he is deserving of a pile on will earn the person giving that reason my vote for tomorrow.

I reading it as being a 10pm eastern deadline today and then 7pm eastern going forward.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 08:22 AM   #55
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
So, with 15 players, there would likely be two regular wolves, the brutal and the janitor?

Sounds like the right ratio to me.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 08:23 AM   #56
hoopsguy
General Manager

Early vote count:
Danny - CR (46)
Jackal - BK (49)
Gram - RPI (51)
Old 01-08-2009, 08:23 AM   #57
Hannibal Lecter
High School JV

Sounds reasonable, now hopefully Lathum wakes up and clarify the deadline issue!
Hannibal Lecter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 08:26 AM   #58
hoopsguy
General Manager

The deadline does not matter to me for today, as I'm going to be heading out fairly early to meet "classmates' to watch the BCS championship game. So I'll likely be posting a mid-afternoon vote.
Old 01-08-2009, 08:28 AM   #59
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Checking in, student here. No inkling of who or when I'll vote. Sometime today, that's about all I know!
jeheinz72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 08:28 AM   #60
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

RPIFan - Those dishes aren't going to do themselves ya know.
Old 01-08-2009, 08:46 AM   #61
Telle
College Starter

Student checking in.
Telle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 08:47 AM   #62
Telle
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Lecter View Post
NICE! I get to room with telle.... Ill do the cooking

Im a student too!

Is this a swipe at my cooking abilities?? Well I may not be the best cook, but I'll have you know I'm a damn good baker. So be prepared to get nice and fat on cookies, cakes, and pies
Old 01-08-2009, 08:47 AM   #63
Hannibal Lecter
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telle View Post
Student checking in.

sup roomie!
Old 01-08-2009, 08:48 AM   #64
Hannibal Lecter
High School JV

Quote:
Is this a swipe at my cooking abilities?? Well I may not be the best cook, but I'll have you know I'm a damn good baker. So be prepared to get nice and fat on cookies, cakes, and pies
I like minceMEAT pie....
Old 01-08-2009, 08:48 AM   #65
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:

Looking to fatten him up before your meal, wolfie?
Old 01-08-2009, 08:51 AM   #66
hoopsguy
General Manager

Is it worth having a discussion here about the wolf kill options? I do not necessarily want to "coach" them but the discussion might prove beneficial to the roled student.

I think Lathum has put together a pretty interesting rule twist with this game and would kind of like to discuss some of my thoughts on it, but I'll go along with the majority if people would rather sit back and see what happens initially.
Old 01-08-2009, 08:58 AM   #67
Telle
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Is it worth having a discussion here about the wolf kill options? I do not necessarily want to "coach" them but the discussion might prove beneficial to the roled student.

I think Lathum has put together a pretty interesting rule twist with this game and would kind of like to discuss some of my thoughts on it, but I'll go along with the majority if people would rather sit back and see what happens initially.

One thing is I think we'll have to be careful about is the tendency to assume that if someone is killed that their roommate likely did it.. it might be a bit of a gut reaction. The wolves might bank on this and avoid roommate kills for awhile in order to spread around suspicion.
Old 01-08-2009, 09:03 AM   #68
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

Quote:

I'm up for having that discussion. I don't know if it would help out the wolves at all, but any discussion is good for us.
Jonathan Ezarik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 09:08 AM   #69
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Ezarik View Post
I'm up for having that discussion. I don't know if it would help out the wolves at all, but any discussion is good for us.

Pretty much my thoughts.

Oh, and I do not think you need to worry about any "ant issues" with me. Although that tower things sounds kinda cool ...
Old 01-08-2009, 09:09 AM   #70
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
One thing is I think we'll have to be careful about is the tendency to assume that if someone is killed that their roommate likely did it.. it might be a bit of a gut reaction. The wolves might bank on this and avoid roommate kills for awhile in order to spread around suspicion.

I think it's perfectly fine to throw someone into the possible wolf column if their roommate turns up dead, because what are the chances that there is more than one wolf in a room? I'm not for automatically lynching that person, but I'll definitely not want to chill with them alone after dark. Unless, of course, it's a hot coed.
Old 01-08-2009, 09:14 AM   #71
Danny
Head Coach

I'm always ok with interesting discussion, more information usually helps the village more than the wolves.
Old 01-08-2009, 09:16 AM   #72
Telle
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Ezarik View Post
I think it's perfectly fine to throw someone into the possible wolf column if their roommate turns up dead, because what are the chances that there is more than one wolf in a room? I'm not for automatically lynching that person, but I'll definitely not want to chill with them alone after dark. Unless, of course, it's a hot coed.

I think it's fine to put them in the "someone to think about" category.. but I'd be careful about having sudden pile-ons on roommates. I think that works to the wolves' favor.
Old 01-08-2009, 09:17 AM   #73
hoopsguy
General Manager

Well, here is why I think that the roommates will be relatively safe, at least with the seer around:

1.) Seer is likely to scan their roommate(s) initially to see if they are worth talking to via PMs
2.) Seers next target is likely to be the surviving roommate from N1 kill
3.) Repeat step #2 for each day

So I think the top wolf priority will be getting the seer (duh - this is WW, right?) because until they do they will be figuratively walking on eggshells with their kills. If the seer lives too many days they kind of box themselves in a corner because they will inadvertantly create a circle-of-trust (surviving roommates) while exposing themselves to higher risk with the bodyguard block if he is still alive.

Anyway, I think the wolves most likely avoid their roommates early on, foregoing the "sure thing" to avoid the likelihood of being scanned the following day.
Old 01-08-2009, 09:19 AM   #74
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Lecter View Post
NICE! I get to room with telle.... Ill do the cooking

I can't believe this prestigious university admitted someone with such, um, questionable tastes.

VOTE HANNIBAL LECTER

It's nothing personal, Hannibal. Well, except it is. I have this thing against fava beans.
Old 01-08-2009, 09:22 AM   #75
Hannibal Lecter
High School JV

Hoops, that makes sense....
Old 01-08-2009, 09:24 AM   #76
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

My initial plan was to vote for who-ever had the last post when I got in the thread. That was Telle but is now hoops as I enter the thread. Reading through the votes has caused me to change my mind as someone is already going after my roommate. I don't know if my roommate is good or bad yet but I at least want to be able to PM someone for a couple days anyway so in defense of my roommate.

vote CR

Vote may change but since it's day one it probably won't (unless a wolf wants to out himself).
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 09:26 AM   #77
Danny
Head Coach

Hey Roomie, how does pizza sound tonight for the big game?
Old 01-08-2009, 09:29 AM   #78
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Pizza and beer sounds great (and a couple cheerleaders?).

Going to be offline for a while, work calls. Will check back once in a while when I can find the time.
Old 01-08-2009, 09:29 AM   #79
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Vote EagleFan

That seems like a pretty selfish and conjured up reason to vote EF. Understandable since it's Day One and all, but I didn't like how that read whatsoever.
Old 01-08-2009, 09:30 AM   #80
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Well, here is why I think that the roommates will be relatively safe, at least with the seer around:

1.) Seer is likely to scan their roommate(s) initially to see if they are worth talking to via PMs
2.) Seers next target is likely to be the surviving roommate from N1 kill
3.) Repeat step #2 for each day

So I think the top wolf priority will be getting the seer (duh - this is WW, right?) because until they do they will be figuratively walking on eggshells with their kills. If the seer lives too many days they kind of box themselves in a corner because they will inadvertantly create a circle-of-trust (surviving roommates) while exposing themselves to higher risk with the bodyguard block if he is still alive.

Anyway, I think the wolves most likely avoid their roommates early on, foregoing the "sure thing" to avoid the likelihood of being scanned the following day.

I'm not sure we'll be able to assume the seer has scanned surviving roommates. Might be the smart thing, but if people get a gut feeling for someone that might take precedence over scanning the surviving roomate.
Old 01-08-2009, 09:32 AM   #81
hoopsguy
General Manager

40% of votes in:

Danny - CR (46)
Jackal - BK (49)
Gram - RPI (51)
Hannibal - Jonathan (74)
CR - Eagle (76)
Eagle - Heinz (79)
Old 01-08-2009, 09:32 AM   #82
Telle
College Starter

Vote count as of post #79:

Danny - 1 - Cheif Rum (46)
The Jackel - 1 - Barkeep (49)
Grammaticus - 1 - RPI-Fan (51)
Hannibal - 1 - Jonathan Ezarik (74)
Chief Rum - 1 - EagleFan (76)
EagleFan - 1 - jeheinz (79)
Old 01-08-2009, 09:33 AM   #83
Danny
Head Coach

So far 5 votes for 5 different people. We'll need to consolidate that as it's too spread out to tell us much later in the game and gives the wolves even more of an advantage in the day 1 lynch.
Old 01-08-2009, 09:33 AM   #84
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

I think if I were the Seer, I'd follow a plan relatively similar to what hoops laid out.
Old 01-08-2009, 09:33 AM   #85
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
I'm not sure we'll be able to assume the seer has scanned surviving roommates. Might be the smart thing, but if people get a gut feeling for someone that might take precedence over scanning the surviving roomate.

Nope, I do not think that the students can 100% assume that at all. But I think the wolves have to be concerned about drawing attention. Even moreso now that it has been posted as a thought process in the thread.
Old 01-08-2009, 09:34 AM   #86
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Lo all. I actually agree with jeheinz that EF's logic was out there, but I don't want to be the first person to cast a second vote on anyone on Day One. Yuck - attention.

Ah screw it. I got nothing else. I agree.

Vote EagleFan

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 09:34 AM   #87
Danny
Head Coach

Missed one, 6 for 6, I would look at people who casted votes 3-6 as possible wolves.
Old 01-08-2009, 09:36 AM   #88
Telle
College Starter

Everyone has now checked in.
Old 01-08-2009, 09:38 AM   #89
Telle
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abe Sargent View Post
Lo all. I actually agree with jeheinz that EF's logic was out there, but I don't want to be the first person to cast a second vote on anyone on Day One. Yuck - attention.

Ah screw it. I got nothing else. I agree.

Vote EagleFan

See, I actually thought that EagleFan didn't have a bad idea. And it's as good as anything for a Day 1 vote.
Old 01-08-2009, 09:43 AM   #90
Danny
Head Coach

I have no idea if EF is a wolf, but to me his vote was in the spirit of fun and role play, no different than some of the other votes. I don't like the fact that it spread out the vote more, but jumping on his vote and spreading it out even more is at least equally suspicious.
Old 01-08-2009, 09:43 AM   #91
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
See, I actually thought that EagleFan didn't have a bad idea. And it's as good as anything for a Day 1 vote.

I do not think that it is a bad idea, but it is kind of a selfish idea insofar as if we all apply the same logic then the vote is a real mess. We end up with a very spread vote, a near-tie, and no meaningful way to track the vote on later days. So I would hope that this idea does not catch on today.
Old 01-08-2009, 09:43 AM   #92
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeheinz72 View Post
Vote EagleFan

That seems like a pretty selfish and conjured up reason to vote EF. Understandable since it's Day One and all, but I didn't like how that read whatsoever.

Would you rather I random dot com it? It's day one, I need something to use to determine the vote so that makes as much sense as any.

Interesting, last game you tried using twisted logic to get the vote going towards me and I remember how that one ended.
Old 01-08-2009, 09:44 AM   #93
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Sorry about thew deadline confusion, I was thinking in west coast time for whatever reason.

The deadline is still 7:00 PM EST
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 09:47 AM   #94
Hannibal Lecter
High School JV

Quote:

i actually thought the same thing... but eh!
Old 01-08-2009, 09:47 AM   #95
Hannibal Lecter
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
Sorry about thew deadline confusion, I was thinking in west coast time for whatever reason.

The deadline is still 7:00 PM EST

thasnk!
Old 01-08-2009, 09:48 AM   #96
Hannibal Lecter
High School JV

Random.org says

vote-RPI Fan
Old 01-08-2009, 09:49 AM   #97
Telle
College Starter

Quote:
I do not think that it is a bad idea, but it is kind of a selfish idea insofar as if we all apply the same logic then the vote is a real mess. We end up with a very spread vote, a near-tie, and no meaningful way to track the vote on later days. So I would hope that this idea does not catch on today.

Well the vote is already pretty spread out.. six votees with only one having more than one vote. Hopefully we'll start consolidating soon.
Old 01-08-2009, 09:50 AM   #98
Hannibal Lecter
High School JV

oh yeah, we dont need new cadidites....
unvote rpi
vote grammaticus
Old 01-08-2009, 09:50 AM   #99
Danny
Head Coach

Quote: