Are you purposefully being obtuse?

Yes. Yes he is.
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 04:42 PM   #952
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
The people who actually decide who goes to the playoff. There's no way that an undefeated PSU, an undefeated Wiscy or a one loss OSU doesn't end up going to the playoff.

Sure there is:

Unbeaten TCU & unbeaten Bama or Georgia.
Unbeaten Miami
Bama/Georgia loser is a close loss to the other.

That scenario should definitely leave a one loss OSU at home at the very least. An unbeaten PSU is going to be fine, I don't believe an unbeaten Wisconsin is anything we have to actually worry about dealing with.

edit to add: I'm not sure there's any argument about PSU making the final four if they're undefeated. And not a huge one about unbeaten Wisconsin either probably. I thought the debate was whether tOSU could have one loss but be the only Big 10 representative. THAT is not a sure thing at all.

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 10-22-2017 at 04:44 PM.
JonInMiddleGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 05:05 PM   #953
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrescentMoonie View Post
BTW, I hadn't noticed it until this week, but Jeff Tedford is on pace to take Fresno St from 1-11 to undefeated (in MW play) conference champion in his first year there.
Yup. Quint Kessenich and ESPN can shove those cupcakes up their ass.
dawgfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 06:13 PM   #954
JPhillips
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Sure there is:

Unbeaten TCU & unbeaten Bama or Georgia.
Unbeaten Miami
Bama/Georgia loser is a close loss to the other.

That scenario should definitely leave a one loss OSU at home at the very least. An unbeaten PSU is going to be fine, I don't believe an unbeaten Wisconsin is anything we have to actually worry about dealing with.

edit to add: I'm not sure there's any argument about PSU making the final four if they're undefeated. And not a huge one about unbeaten Wisconsin either probably. I thought the debate was whether tOSU could have one loss but be the only Big 10 representative. THAT is not a sure thing at all.

I can't see them leaving out the B1G in that scenario, especially given that OSU would be on a ten game winning streak. GA could get the spot, but I'd bet that OSU would go so as to get the B1G involved.
Old 10-22-2017, 06:20 PM   #955
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I can't see them leaving out the B1G in that scenario, especially given that OSU would be on a ten game winning streak. GA could get the spot, but I'd bet that OSU would go so as to get the B1G involved.

If a one loss Georgia team that loses a close game to the #1 team in the playoff doesn't get in over tOSU losing badly at home to a non-playoff team, that would be a travesty.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 06:26 PM   #956
JPhillips
General Manager

To be fair I think the exact same thing would happen to ALA if they were in OSU's shoes. The committee has shown pretty clearly that they want to include four conferences if possible.
Old 10-22-2017, 06:27 PM   #957
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
so as to get the B1G involved.

I'd say you grossly overestimate how much the world cares if the conference that can't count is involved in the playoff or not.

And by "world" I mean everything from fans to the committee doing the selecting.
Old 10-22-2017, 07:12 PM   #958
tarcone
Coordinator

Again, The B1G will be represented.
I guess no one remembers a one loss, non conference champion, 2nd place OSU made the playoffs in 2016.

You guys live in a fantasy if you dont think the B1G is represented.

And Jphillips quit feeding the troll. He is as anti-B1G as they come. And he swallows the swill ESecPN puts out.

3 teams ranked in the top 10 and he thinks the conference sucks. Maybe Georgia's power packed schedule is better. Sure they beat ND. But App St. and Samford and the piss poor SEC East? Watch out for Missouri they just throttled power house Idaho. They have Auburn left, who lost to an over rated LSU team.

Yeah, and OSU only has Michigan, PsU and Wiscy left.

Stop feeding him. He is clueless.

The word is Fight! Fight! Fight! For Iowa

FOFC 30 Dollar Challenge Champion-OOTP '15

Last edited by tarcone : 10-22-2017 at 09:33 PM.
tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 08:55 PM   #959
hollmt
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarcone View Post
Again, The B1G will be represented.
I guess no one remembers a one loss, non conference champion, 2nd place OSU made the playoffs in 2016.

You guys live in a fantasy if you dont think the B1G is represented.

And Jphillips quit feeding the troll. He is as anti-B1G as they come. ANd he swallows the swill ESecPN puts out.

3 teams ranked in the top 10 and he thinks the conference sucks. Maybe Georgia's power packed schedule is better. Sure they beat ND. But App St. and Samford and the piss poor SEC East? Watch out for Missouri they just throtted power house Idaho. They have Auburn left, who lost to an over rated LSU team.

Yeah, and OSU only has Michigan, PsU and Wiscy left.

Stop feeding him. He is clueless.

While I agree about the trolling, OSU has PSU, Michigan St and Michigan left....Wisconsin is not a guarantee as it isn't a guarantee OSU or Wisconsin make that game.

The PSU/OSU comparisons to last year IF OSU wins the BIG and PSU being a possible 1 loss team this year are silly. PSU was a 2 LOSS BIG champ, with one of those losses being a blowout and another loss against an average team while OSU lost on the road in a close game. This year OSU would have the 'possibility' of being a 1 loss BIG champ team. For those thinking they are the same....they aren't the same comparison. At all. Stop.

It is quite possible the 1 OSU loss could be to a Big 12 champ Oklahoma or at the very least, a top 10-20 Oklahoma team. Add in the possibility of the backend of OSU schedule being rather tough, (PSU, MSU, eh - Iowa, eh - Illinois, Michigan and a possible Conf Champ game), and assuming they won all those games...is nothing to scoff at. But somehow, people WILL do just that and scoff and make excuses.

There is a lot of football to be played. Shit usually works itself out. But I will add to the pot and say....IF and I mean a heavy IF (because I am not sure) OSU wins out and wins the BIG, then they get in the playoff. To think otherwise is just silly, outright conference bias or conference hate and trolling or a lack of any sort of college football knowledge.

And Jon, if you want to take that bet, I'm game. Easy bet man...OSU wins out they are in...Yes/No?

Last edited by hollmt : 10-22-2017 at 09:01 PM.
hollmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 09:15 PM   #960
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

One loss Ohio State looks highly likely to be in. Computers just love them right now. Computers have them right below Alabama and one of them above Alabama oddly enough.
jbergey22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 02:49 AM   #961
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
But what if it's Alabama who loses a close one to Georgia?

You also have one loss Notre Dame & the ACC winner lurking. I don't think ND would jump Ohio State if they won out, but if Clemson/Miami win out it'd be interesting... undefeated Miami would definitely be above any one loss team imo, and one loss ND/Clemson might have the strength of victories argument over OSU if results break their way. Heck, despite their recent lackluster play the Sooners have an obvious path to playoff contention too and it'd be real hard to argue for one loss OSU over the team that beat them.
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 06:29 AM   #962
Butter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
I'd say you grossly overestimate how much the world cares if the conference that can't count is involved in the playoff or not.

And by "world" I mean everything from fans to the committee doing the selecting.

I'd say you grossly overestimate how much the world cares about the SEC, but that's an insult to the word "grossly".
Old 10-23-2017, 08:30 AM   #963
lungs
Pro Rookie

One thing I think Jon got right.... I don't think we have to worry about an undefeated Wisconsin.

It just feels like a team that will slip up somewhere. Taylor is a beast of a RB but I don't trust the o-line if they have to end up facing a d-line with a pulse or depth. Hornibrook is an OK quarterback but more in the mold of Joel Stave. You hope he doesn't lose a game because he probably won't win them. Defense is solid as usual but again, have they played an elite offense?

Wisconsin is a solid top 15, maybe top ten. But I just don't see them as playoff caliber.
lungs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 10:19 AM   #964
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

What college football needs, honestly, is a healthy/robust Big 12, particularly in the state of Texas.

Not sure if that will ever come to pass, but it'd be great if it would happen.
Old 10-23-2017, 11:02 AM   #965
dfisher
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by BishopMVP View Post
But what if it's Alabama who loses a close one to Georgia?

You also have one loss Notre Dame & the ACC winner lurking. I don't think ND would jump Ohio State if they won out, but if Clemson/Miami win out it'd be interesting... undefeated Miami would definitely be above any one loss team imo, and one loss ND/Clemson might have the strength of victories argument over OSU if results break their way. Heck, despite their recent lackluster play the Sooners have an obvious path to playoff contention too and it'd be real hard to argue for one loss OSU over the team that beat them.

If Alabama loses to Georgia, would you leave them out? Yes, they have dominated the competition, but they haven't beaten a team that is currently ranked in the AP. If both Bama and Georgia beat Auburn, there is a chance Auburn drops out of the top 25; then there is a legit chance that Bama would not have beaten a single ranked team.
dfisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 11:31 AM   #966
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

I personally dont see anyway the ACC champ gets left out this year, barring a shit show of epic proportions down the stretch.

If Clemson wins out (and I dont think they do, btw). They are in. Only loss being 2 points, on a Friday nigh in a game where your starting CB got knocked out. Right or wrong the committee will give them the nod.

Miami wins out, no brainer they are in.

Honestly given their playoff results the last 2 years, Im not sure any B1G team outside of an undefeated PSU would feel comfortable down the stretch.

I'd take a 1 loss ND, Oklahoma, TCU, Oklahoma St, Miami, Clemson, VT, UGA, Bama all over a 1 loss OSU. Maybe a 1 loss Washington even...

Now the chance that all those teams end up with 1 loss is slim to none.
CU Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 12:41 PM   #967
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

I think that a 1 loss OSU most definitely gets in. They bring in a LOT of fans and ratings; probably more than anyone not named Alabama. That will trump anything else, really.

Last edited by ISiddiqui : 10-23-2017 at 12:42 PM.
ISiddiqui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 12:50 PM   #968
digamma
Torchbearer

It really won't.
digamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 01:02 PM   #969
miked
College Starter

Why are we all fawning over UGA? Now that ND stomped USC at home, suddenly the 1 pt win is the best win in the country?
Old 10-23-2017, 01:14 PM   #970
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by miked View Post
Why are we all fawning over UGA? Now that ND stomped USC at home, suddenly the 1 pt win is the best win in the country?

I don't think the ND-USC result has much bearing on UGA's status honestly, I don't sense much difference in their perception today versus a week ago.

That they haven't done their usual shit the bed routine yet, that alone is kind of impressive. The difference this year vs years past seems to be the defense, the outing against Miss. State (okay, basically against Fitzgerald) was impressive. It hasn't yet layed an egg for more than about a quarter, though I certainly keep hoping it will.

Thing is, I'm not sure it's going to have any serious opportunities to do so aside from GT or Bama. The offense could certainly go into the tank at any moment and sink them, but the defense looks solid enough to be a major player.
Old 10-23-2017, 02:27 PM   #971
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Wisconsin vs winner of PSU/OSU (OSU may be slightly debatable) this weekend goes to Playoffs.

Discounting Wisconsin because of their schedule but giving the pass to Clemson losing a game...to SYRACUSE. Zero excuses for that, IDC. If they happen to win out and Wisconsin is 13-0, there's no way Clemson gets in over them.

Now if you want to debate a 12-1 OSU and Clemson 12-1 by all means.

/NotAHomer

Last edited by mauchow : 10-23-2017 at 02:28 PM.
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 02:32 PM   #972
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Odds are TCU will not be undefeated. Miami even worse odds to remain undefeated.

There will be 2 undefeated teams most likely in the playoffs, Bama/GA winner and Wisconsin/PSU winner.

I do not envy the job the committee will have to pick the 3rd and 4th teams.
Old 10-23-2017, 02:37 PM   #973
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Wisconsin will be 2 touchdown or more favorites the rest of the way until the Big Ten Championship. They'll be 1 touchdown underdogs against PSU/OSU.

As long as no letdown in final 5 games, Wisconsin will be top 3 in final playoff polls if they go 13-0...

Last edited by mauchow : 10-23-2017 at 02:37 PM.
Old 10-23-2017, 03:19 PM   #974
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauchow View Post
Wisconsin vs winner of PSU/OSU (OSU may be slightly debatable) this weekend goes to Playoffs.

Discounting Wisconsin because of their schedule but giving the pass to Clemson losing a game...to SYRACUSE. Zero excuses for that, IDC. If they happen to win out and Wisconsin is 13-0, there's no way Clemson gets in over them.

Now if you want to debate a 12-1 OSU and Clemson 12-1 by all means.

/NotAHomer

Not saying that at all.
13-0 Wisconsin definitely gets in over 12-1 Clemson.
Absolutely.
But I think Clemson has a better shot, today, of going 13-0 than Wisconsin does. 12-1 Wisky vs 12-1 Clemson I'll put my homer hat back on.
Old 10-23-2017, 03:48 PM   #975
JPhillips
General Manager

12-1 Wiscy that loses the championship game is probably out, but 12-1 Wiscy that wins the championship might be in.

The two things I'm most sure of year in and year out are that the committee will try to find a spot for the SEC and the B1G.
Old 10-23-2017, 03:52 PM   #976
tarcone
Coordinator

Quote:
12-1 Wiscy that loses the championship game is probably out, but 12-1 Wiscy that wins the championship might be in.

The two things I'm most sure of year in and year out are that the committee will try to find a spot for the SEC and the B1G.

This is the truth

Old 10-23-2017, 04:01 PM   #977
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

And all this talk is meaningless because by the end we will have 1 undefeated team and 1-2 max 1 loss teams like "always"
Old 10-23-2017, 04:39 PM   #978
CrescentMoonie
College Starter

Quote:
Wisconsin will be 2 touchdown or more favorites the rest of the way until the Big Ten Championship.

Why? The two "toughest" teams on their schedule so far are Northwestern and Purdue, neither of which is a definite bowl team, and both were single digit wins. Michigan is clearly better than anyone they've faced and should be favored in that game even on the road. Indiana and Iowa are both good enough to beat them as well. If any of those three games have Wisconsin favored by 14+ I'll jump all over that line. PSU would beat Wisconsin by 20+ every time.
CrescentMoonie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 05:00 PM   #979
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CU Tiger View Post
And all this talk is meaningless because by the end we will have 1 undefeated team and 1-2 max 1 loss teams like "always"

A point that I seem to be the one to bring up more often than not. Instead, this time, I'll just concur.
Old 10-23-2017, 05:02 PM   #980
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Michigan is clearly better than anyone they've faced and should be favored in that game even on the road.

I'm not sure Michigan is a clear cut favorite over hardly anyone with the current QB situation.
Old 10-23-2017, 05:41 PM   #981
tarcone
Coordinator

The nature of sports leads to debate. That is half the fun.

Old 10-23-2017, 06:02 PM   #982
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Why? The two "toughest" teams on their schedule so far are Northwestern and Purdue, neither of which is a definite bowl team, and both were single digit wins. Michigan is clearly better than anyone they've faced and should be favored in that game even on the road. Indiana and Iowa are both good enough to beat them as well. If any of those three games have Wisconsin favored by 14+ I'll jump all over that line. PSU would beat Wisconsin by 20+ every time.
I'm not sure you understand how this works.

Vegas has Wisconsin 10+ points to every team left on the schedule, including Michigan...
Old 10-23-2017, 06:03 PM   #983
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Not saying that at all.
13-0 Wisconsin definitely gets in over 12-1 Clemson.
Absolutely.
But I think Clemson has a better shot, today, of going 13-0 than Wisconsin does. 12-1 Wisky vs 12-1 Clemson I'll put my homer hat back on.

Wait, what? Clemson cant go 13-0 & Wisconsin currently has best chance of going undefeated behind Bama and it's close.
Old 10-23-2017, 07:46 PM   #984
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I'm not sure you understand how this works.

Vegas has Wisconsin 10+ points to every team left on the schedule, including Michigan...
What a speculative line is now for a future game is not indicative of what the actual line will be the week of that game.
Old 10-23-2017, 07:49 PM   #985
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Wait, what? Clemson cant go 13-0 & Wisconsin currently has best chance of going undefeated behind Bama and it's close.

Yet I still think Clemson has a better shot.

Let's put it this way, I think Clemson has at least another loss coming, and I expect them to finish with a better record than Wisconsin.
Old 10-23-2017, 09:02 PM   #986
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgfan View Post
What a speculative line is now for a future game is not indicative of what the actual line will be the week of that game.

Keep hating & u too CUTiger
Old 10-23-2017, 09:07 PM   #987
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Yet I still think Clemson has a better shot.

Let's put it this way, I think Clemson has at least another loss coming, and I expect them to finish with a better record than Wisconsin.

That's silly to say even if you're trying to prove a point by intentionally being wrong.

When your team has 0% at something and another team has .01% chance you're still wrong 100% of the time. Then you compounded the silliness with your next statement, indicating Clemson is probably going to lose another game.

I would bet my My house house that the Badgers won't lose 3 games...even if the Badgers QB went down.

/HomerTime

Last edited by mauchow : 10-23-2017 at 09:14 PM.
Old 10-24-2017, 10:01 AM   #988
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

That's silly to say even if you're trying to prove a point by intentionally being wrong.

When your team has 0% at something and another team has .01% chance you're still wrong 100% of the time. Then you compounded the silliness with your next statement, indicating Clemson is probably going to lose another game.

I would bet my My house house that the Badgers won't lose 3 games...even if the Badgers QB went down.

/HomerTime

I hope I am wrong on Wisconsin. I love the state of Wisconsin. Spend 2 weeks a year in Osh Kosh. Hate Harbaugh, OSU and Pedo-U.....so in a field of Turds the Badgers are my favorite. I just think they are a fraud this year.
Old 10-24-2017, 10:15 AM   #989
lungs
Pro Rookie

Quote:
I hope I am wrong on Wisconsin. I love the state of Wisconsin. Spend 2 weeks a year in Osh Kosh. Hate Harbaugh, OSU and Pedo-U.....so in a field of Turds the Badgers are my favorite. I just think they are a fraud this year.

Oshkosh? You really need to see a better part of the state

I think fraud is a strong word. Certainly not the coaching staff making this team out to be championship caliber. Every week Paul Chryst, in his most diplomatic and dull tone, talks about the stuff that won't fly against a team with a pulse. Honestly, if they do manage to somehow win out, it's a great testament to Chryst and his staff. Even if I try to remove my blinders, I think Chryst is one of the best X's and O's guys out there.

That all said, I could see them laying a turd against Michigan or Iowa. I like to give tarcone grief but he's right when he says these two always play each other tough and lately the road team has come out the victor in the end.

Up thread, whoever said Indiana has a real shot against Wisconsin is nuts.

When it comes to the championship game, the only way Wisconsin pulls it out is if Chryst pulls some magic out of his ass because they will definitely be out talented by PSU or OSU.

Next year though.... watch out. Jonathan Taylor is one of the best young RBs in the country. He's not just running through gigantic holes on the offensive line. He is a legit beast. In fact, I think the o line is kind of weak this year compared to past years.
Old 10-24-2017, 10:25 AM   #990
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Its kind of the same thing every year for Wisconsin(even in mens basketball). They seem to always exceed expectations with a bunch of players that get the most out of their ability. Kind of fascinating how they do it really.

People have a hard time believing in them because they dont get a ton of blue chip recruits.
Old 10-24-2017, 11:06 AM   #991
Kodos
Resident Alien

Wisconsin is definitely benefiting from being on the much weaker side of the Big Ten.

Last edited by Kodos : 10-24-2017 at 11:23 AM.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 11:19 AM   #992
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Keep hating & u too CUTiger
It's "hating" to point out that a point spread now for a game that won't happen for another four weeks doesn't tell us a whole lot? Okaaaaaay...

For the record I don't have any "hate" for Wisconsin. I generally have a favorable view of the other UW.
Old 10-24-2017, 12:48 PM   #993
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lungs View Post
Oshkosh? You really need to see a better part of the state

Open to suggestions. Have a major client/supplier in Osh Kosh and go spend a couple weeks there every year.

Have seen Milwaukee, Eagle, White Water, Berlin and Waukesha as well. Plus a bunch of small towns between those places. I could live in WI about 86 months a year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lungs View Post
I think fraud is a strong word. Certainly not the coaching staff making this team out to be championship caliber. Every week Paul Chryst, in his most diplomatic and dull tone, talks about the stuff that won't fly against a team with a pulse. Honestly, if they do manage to somehow win out, it's a great testament to Chryst and his staff. Even if I try to remove my blinders, I think Chryst is one of the best X's and O's guys out there.

That's very fair. Fraud probably isnt the right word. I think Wisconsin is a very disciplined football team that is maximizing their potential. I agrree that Chryst is a very good X&O coach.

I actually think Indiana may give them more trouble than you are expecting. Barring injury I will play money on IU that game if I can get points. Might play a moneyline straight up.
Old 10-24-2017, 01:16 PM   #994
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Yes, @Indiana and Iowa/Michigan very loseable games.

Spreads won't change dramatically between now and next 3 games. Results will vary a point or two each week so unless wheels fall off for one team or other team does phenomenally better (and major injuries!).. it'll be pretty accurate now for a few games out.
Old 10-24-2017, 01:22 PM   #995
lungs
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Open to suggestions. Have a major client/supplier in Osh Kosh and go spend a couple weeks there every year.

Have seen Milwaukee, Eagle, White Water, Berlin and Waukesha as well. Plus a bunch of small towns between those places. I could live in WI about 86 months a year.

Oshkosh actually isn't bad. Really it depends what you are into. I'm about 30 minutes northwest of Madison. Madison is great. It's not some kind of hippie utopia like some would like to think. I live right at the base of the Baraboo Bluffs which starts the Driftless Area that covers most of SW Wisconsin. This is where the glaciers split and left a nice scenic and hilly region.

Door County for some more upper scale touristy stuff.

Anywhere north of Highway 8 and you are getting into backwoods country. ATVs, snowmobiling, hunting, that kind of stuff.

Quote:
That's very fair. Fraud probably isnt the right word. I think Wisconsin is a very disciplined football team that is maximizing their potential. I agrree that Chryst is a very good X&O coach.

I actually think Indiana may give them more trouble than you are expecting. Barring injury I will play money on IU that game if I can get points. Might play a moneyline straight up.

It might be a good game to bet on. I don't expect the usual 70-7 romp that UW usually puts on IU. I'm thinking more along the lines of 24-10. But I just don't see Indiana as being good enough to win. Point spread might be more reflective of the usual ass whopping that UW usually gives Indiana but I do think Indiana has been getting better.
Old 10-24-2017, 05:30 PM   #996
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Ohio State out of the gate as 6 point favs against Penn St. I was thinking 3 or 3.5 would be enough to get even action. I cant really see this line getting any higher so some Penn St +6 action might have value and sell off later in the week.
Old 10-24-2017, 08:02 PM   #997
tarcone
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbergey22 View Post
Ohio State out of the gate as 6 point favs against Penn St. I was thinking 3 or 3.5 would be enough to get even action. I cant really see this line getting any higher so some Penn St +6 action might have value and sell off later in the week.

Minnesota at Iowa for Floyd and we are talking OSU and PsU and Wiscy.
Something must be wrong.

Old 10-24-2017, 08:17 PM   #998
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarcone View Post
Minnesota at Iowa for Floyd and we are talking OSU and PsU and Wiscy.
Something must be wrong.

I thought the Hawkeyes took away your fandom card after bashing on them the past 2-3 weeks?
Old 10-24-2017, 08:20 PM   #999
lungs
Pro Rookie

Bold prediction: Jeff Brohm will be more successful at Purdue than PJ Fleck at Minnesota.
Old 10-24-2017, 08:21 PM   #1000
tarcone
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbergey22 View Post
I thought the Hawkeyes took away your fandom card after bashing on them the past 2-3 weeks?

I love my Hawks. The head coach? Not so much. Instead of referring to him as KF, I now refer to him as FKF.

I will always root for the team. But I am rooting for our AD to get fired. That has to happen before we get rid of FKF.

This looks to be a low scoring affair. First one to 17 wins.