Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-28-2015, 06:54 PM   #301
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grover View Post
I look forward to your post 24 hours from now when you've 100%'ed the game

HAHA.. I'm about 4 or so hours in and just scratched the game... I get a bit of time here and there fighting my daughter for the TV.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 06:55 PM   #302
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBug708 View Post
What was your previous favorite?

The original was excellent.. I haven't been able to finish one after the first one. I think I'll play this one until the end though.. the controls are finally not so damn nerve racking.
Old 10-28-2015, 08:56 PM   #303
MrBug708
Head Coach

I enjoyed Black Flag immensely
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 09:15 PM   #304
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBug708 View Post
I enjoyed Black Flag immensely

You know, I never played Black Flag. I did forget that AC III was quite good as well. Unity was horrible..
Old 11-01-2015, 07:39 PM   #305
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Is Shadows of Mordor worth it for $17?

Is the story lore-breaking?
Old 11-01-2015, 07:41 PM   #306
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post
Is Shadows of Mordor worth it for $17?

Is the story lore-breaking?

I enjoyed the story and it has some great gameplay. I gladly paid full price for it and think it is a steal for 17.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 06:29 PM   #307
MikeVic
Head Coach

Does anyone know if there are plans for different bundles of the ps4 coming out in the next while in Canada?
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 06:32 PM   #308
MikeVic
Head Coach

Also, are there ps4 standalone consoles without games?
Old 11-02-2015, 07:02 PM   #309
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVic View Post
Also, are there ps4 standalone consoles without games?

usually. That's how I got mine.

This time of year? Mostly what gets shipped is bundles for the holiday so if you find one without a game, the retailer has probably had it for a few months.

And it usually won't be less expensive than the bundle unless the bundle is selling above the usual MSRP to reflect the add-ins.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 07:51 PM   #310
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

I've had Prison Architect in my library for quite awhile and finally decided to give it a go. I haven't made it far at all, but boy, this really scratches that Theme Hospital type itch that I get occasionally. Very fun so far. Much deeper than I anticipated.
Scoobz0202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 11:37 AM   #311
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobz0202 View Post
I've had Prison Architect in my library for quite awhile and finally decided to give it a go. I haven't made it far at all, but boy, this really scratches that Theme Hospital type itch that I get occasionally. Very fun so far. Much deeper than I anticipated.

I'm going to have to go back and play this. I bought it when Alpha 10 was released and I played for a few hours. I saw a lot of promise.
Old 11-03-2015, 08:01 PM   #312
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
So many great games out there now. On the Xbox One, not nearly enough time to get all of the FIFA 16, Madden 16, Forza 6 and Halo 5 time I'd like in. And, next week, Fallout 4 on the PC.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 05:03 PM   #313
MikeVic
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by SackAttack View Post
usually. That's how I got mine.

This time of year? Mostly what gets shipped is bundles for the holiday so if you find one without a game, the retailer has probably had it for a few months.

And it usually won't be less expensive than the bundle unless the bundle is selling above the usual MSRP to reflect the add-ins.

Ok thanks! Wasn't super impressed with the bundles right now. Curious if a Falout 4 bundle comes out or maybe NBA 2K16? We'll see I guess.

Any possible price drops will likely occur around Black Friday too, in time for the holiday season?
Old 11-04-2015, 10:29 PM   #314
RainMaker
General Manager

Have to say that Fallout 4 seems kind of weak when compared to games like Witcher 3. Graphics look horribly dated and the engine still sucks. I know most people don't play Fallout for that stuff, but even the map looks kind of small.

I'm of course buying it because I enjoy the Fallout series but I feel like they aren't advancing as much as other properties.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 10:41 PM   #315
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
Have to say that Fallout 4 seems kind of weak when compared to games like Witcher 3. Graphics look horribly dated and the engine still sucks. I know most people don't play Fallout for that stuff, but even the map looks kind of small.

I'm of course buying it because I enjoy the Fallout series but I feel like they aren't advancing as much as other properties.

I saw some screenies today that looked really good. Granted, the character models are definitely a bit dated, but some of the lighting and ambient effects I saw today looked pretty nice.

It will never be the most beautiful game out there, but I almost think some of that is by design. Definitely excited to dive into it next week.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 11:25 PM   #316
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU 14 View Post
I saw some screenies today that looked really good. Granted, the character models are definitely a bit dated, but some of the lighting and ambient effects I saw today looked pretty nice.

It will never be the most beautiful game out there, but I almost think some of that is by design. Definitely excited to dive into it next week.

Yeah agree and the game is in a post apocalyptic world so wasn't expecting the graphics for me at least to be that big a deal. I feel the same way about HIDEF TVs. After going out and buying a pretty good one from Samsung I never really noticed the difference . I have played Witcher 3 quite a bit but got tired of it and am trading the hard copy in along with Madden 16 for fallout 4.
Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 11:36 PM   #317
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
but I feel like they aren't advancing as much as other properties.

If they were to nail the whole "rebuild community, run caravans" aspect with a random situation generator that didn't feel like they were picking one of eight stock scenarios after about a week ... well, that'd be the greatest advance in gaming history & make it probably the last game i'd ever really need to buy.

I don't expect anything near that to be the actual product, but if ...
Old 11-05-2015, 12:00 AM   #318
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU 14 View Post

I don't know, I mean it'll still be fun but it just feels like the game should have made a bigger jump.

Walking across F4 world in 10 minutes on Vimeo
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 05:40 PM   #319
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
but even the map looks kind of small.

Did I miss something? I read that the map is 3x the size of skyrim.
dubb93 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 05:53 PM   #320
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93 View Post
Did I miss something? I read that the map is 3x the size of skyrim.

Bethesda hasn't commented on the map size other than to say Fallout 4 is their "most vertical" game. Kotaku actually has a decent article explaining why people are overreacting to the 11 minute video.

Player Walks Through Fallout 4 MapÂ*In An Attempt To Measure It
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 08:31 PM   #321
Peregrine
Pro Starter

I think Witcher 3 really raised the bar for the graphics in open-world games so it's a bit unfair to compare it to an existing engine. I agree as far as it goes though - but think it will take a while for other developers to try to emulate W3 in the mind-blowing graphics department.
Your guilty conscience may force you to vote Democratic, but deep down inside you secretly long for a cold-hearted Republican to lower taxes, brutalize criminals, and rule you like a king. --Sideshow Bob
Peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 01:31 PM   #322
rjolley
College Starter

Did anyone get Humble Bundle' Humble Monthly Bundle? Curious to know what games were included.

Rick
rjolley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 03:29 PM   #323
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Picked up Black Ops III today. Probably won't get to play it much today. Maybe some good time this weekend.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 04:03 PM   #324
Ramzavail
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjolley View Post
Did anyone get Humble Bundle' Humble Monthly Bundle? Curious to know what games were included.

Rick

Saints Row 4, Besiege, Valkyria Chronicles, Lethal League, Sanctuary RPG, Towerfall Ascension (and technically Legend of Grimrock II)
Ramzavail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2015, 11:25 PM   #325
MikeVic
Head Coach

Is it true that Microsoft has an exclusivity console marketing deal with Fallout 4? Meaning an XBox1 Fallout 4 bundle will be released, but we won't see a PS4 Fallout 4 console bundle?
Old 11-09-2015, 12:05 PM   #326
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Is it true that Microsoft has an exclusivity console marketing deal with Fallout 4? Meaning an XBox1 Fallout 4 bundle will be released, but we won't see a PS4 Fallout 4 console bundle?

It's one of those 'not sure when it ends' deals. It's a timed exclusive bundle by all reports. It looks like they have the exclusive rights for the holiday season and then Sony could do one after that if they want.

I'd be pretty surprised if it did well, only because it's going up against a Halo 5 bundle. If the Halo 5 bundle wasn't there, it would do extremely well. For most of the people who are looking to grab the X1 after holding off on this generation or people who have a PS4 who want to add an X1, the Halo 5 bundle is much more attractive. It's an exclusive game and that makes a big difference.

Last edited by Mizzou B-ball fan : 11-09-2015 at 12:05 PM.
Old 11-09-2015, 12:57 PM   #327
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan View Post
It's one of those 'not sure when it ends' deals. It's a timed exclusive bundle by all reports. It looks like they have the exclusive rights for the holiday season and then Sony could do one after that if they want.

I'd be pretty surprised if it did well, only because it's going up against a Halo 5 bundle. If the Halo 5 bundle wasn't there, it would do extremely well. For most of the people who are looking to grab the X1 after holding off on this generation or people who have a PS4 who want to add an X1, the Halo 5 bundle is much more attractive. It's an exclusive game and that makes a big difference.

I actually think it will do quite well.. especially at this time of the year.
Old 11-09-2015, 12:59 PM   #328
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah View Post
I actually think it will do quite well.. especially at this time of the year.

As someone who doesn't have an X1 and I'm not a fan of Halo, which one do you think I would buy?
Old 11-09-2015, 02:32 PM   #329
MikeVic
Head Coach

Quote:

Thanks!
Old 11-09-2015, 02:41 PM   #330
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Looks like Sony has already found a way around the exclusive deal. Best Buy and a few other stores now offering Fallout 4 free with any console or console bundle purchase.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/ps...o5IaCMPJjhBXrg
Old 11-09-2015, 02:53 PM   #331
MikeVic
Head Coach

Quote:
Looks like Sony has already found a way around the exclusive deal. Best Buy and a few other stores now offering Fallout 4 free with any console or console bundle purchase.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/ps...o5IaCMPJjhBXrg

Do you see this for Canada too? I can't seem to find it on bestbuy.ca. This would be awesome if true for Canada too.
Old 11-09-2015, 03:12 PM   #332
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Do you see this for Canada too? I can't seem to find it on bestbuy.ca. This would be awesome if true for Canada too.

Looks like only U.S. on that offer. Apologies. I forgot you were in Canada.
Old 11-09-2015, 03:24 PM   #333
MikeVic
Head Coach

Quote:
Looks like only U.S. on that offer. Apologies. I forgot you were in Canada.

No worries! Thanks for the effort. I'll keep an eye out.
Old 11-09-2015, 04:58 PM   #334
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
As someone who doesn't have an X1 and I'm not a fan of Halo, which one do you think I would buy?

I'm not big on Halo either.. never could get into that series.
Old 11-10-2015, 06:28 AM   #335
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

I'm picking up Rise of the Tomb Raider this weekend.. anyone grab it yet? It's getting excellent reviews.
Old 11-10-2015, 06:51 PM   #336
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Dola..

I picked it up on my way home.. what an adrenaline rush this game is so far!
Old 11-10-2015, 09:07 PM   #337
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Ok thanks! Wasn't super impressed with the bundles right now. Curious if a Falout 4 bundle comes out or maybe NBA 2K16? We'll see I guess.

Any possible price drops will likely occur around Black Friday too, in time for the holiday season?

There are rumors of a $350 PS4 bundle (in the US) around Black Friday. Unsure on Canada.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2015, 02:14 PM   #338
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Between AC: Syndicate and Rise of the TR.. my plate is full for great xb1 games. Already wearing in my new "cammo" controller.
Old 11-17-2015, 11:05 AM   #339
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Underwhelming metacritic score for Star Wars Battlefront so far.

73 Critic and 5.1 User score
Old 11-17-2015, 11:10 AM   #340
BillJasper
Pro Starter

Quote:
Underwhelming metacritic score for Star Wars Battlefront so far.

73 Critic and 5.1 User score

It felt like a turd, from what little I played of the beta.
Old 12-10-2015, 11:48 AM   #341
Ramzavail
College Starter

If anybody is curious - the December Humble Bundle monthly was :

Banished
Rust
Payday 2 + DLC
Neon Struct
Chroma Squad
Company of Heroes 2 + DLC

I'll probably only play Chroma Squad (and I already own Banished but I traded it already). If anybody wants any of the rest, let me know. I also have Rocket League on my gamestop receipt for trade.
Ramzavail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 10:52 PM   #342
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
Well I've totally gotten hooked on World of Warships - it's open beta and free to play and a hell of a lot of fun if you want to drive destroyers, battleships, cruisers and carriers around and blast your enemies.

I just wanted to know if anyone else is playing this? My son got me on this now and I've been failing wonderfully for a couple weeks now. It's completely addicting, at least while I can still level my ships up fast enough.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 04:32 PM   #343
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Corrin from Fire Emblem Fates and Bayonetta confirmed for Smash Bros.

Also Cloud from FF7 is being released today.

Last edited by NobodyHere : 12-15-2015 at 04:34 PM.
NobodyHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 05:04 PM   #344
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Bayonetta confirmed for Smash Bros.

Going to have to start playing some more Smash once she's released.

Last edited by mckerney : 12-15-2015 at 11:20 PM.
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2015, 02:07 AM   #345
mckerney
Coordinator

Kojima's new studio is partnering with Sony for its first title.

mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2015, 05:16 AM   #346
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

So, I went into more detail on my blog for the Misses part (the Hits part is next, but I'm curious what your "Hits and Misses" were for 2015. Here's my list. (this is helping distract me )

Misses:

Battlefield:Hardline
Payday 2 microtransactions
Tony Hawk Pro Skater 5
EVOLVE
The Order 1886
Batman: Arkham Knight PC Debacle
Konami's mistreatment of Hideo Kojima

Hits:
Rocket League
Rise of the Tomb Raider (gamewise, stupid decision to only go on one console notwithstanding)
Fallout 4
Tales from the Borderlands
Super Mario Maker
Splatoon
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
Mortal Kombat X (Although Pay-for-Easy-Fatalities was very nearly a miss)
Undertale
Heroes of the Storm
Pillars of Eternity
Shadowrun: Hong Kong
Old 12-16-2015, 08:36 AM   #347
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckerney View Post
Kojima's new studio is partnering with Sony for its first title.

Really excited about it. Love Kojima's games. Will be excited to see a new game universe.
Old 12-16-2015, 08:43 AM   #348
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie View Post
Rise of the Tomb Raider (gamewise, stupid decision to only go on one console notwithstanding)

Crap. Well there goes one of the few games I was gonna get for my PS4.

Last edited by Kodos : 12-16-2015 at 08:43 AM.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2015, 08:59 AM   #349
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

SirFozzie, little surprised that MGS5 didn't land on the hits. Great game.

Edit: Sorry, just realized that was released late last year.

Last edited by Mizzou B-ball fan : 12-16-2015 at 09:04 AM.
Old 12-16-2015, 09:06 AM   #350
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

dola

Review is good, but what will it cost?

The retail PlayStation VR's processing box is about the size of a Wii | Polygon