Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-16-2013, 12:42 PM   #1
spleen1015
Coordinator

NFL Week 7

The Sunday night game between the Broncos and the Colts should be called 'The War of 18-12'.

spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 12:50 PM   #2
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Freeman starts for Vikings vs. Giants. Lions/Bengals should be good.
Old 10-16-2013, 01:32 PM   #3
Thomkal
Head Coach

Well Levi Brown officially got traded for nothing. Pittsburgh put him on Injured Reserve, meaning he did not reach the agreed upon 5 weeks on the active roster part of the trade between the two teams. So no conditional draft pick going to the Cards for him.

Steelers place Levi Brown on injured reserve | ProFootballTalk

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...lers-anything/

Last edited by Thomkal : 10-16-2013 at 01:32 PM.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 04:35 PM   #4
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Suh was fined $31,500 for a helmet to chest hit on Brandon Weeden on Sunday. There was no call on the play.

Last year, I was pretty much sick and tired of Suh. He seemed more of a distraction than he's worth. After all of the hulabaloo over the low block/$100,000 fine earlier this year and this, I've come back around on him. He's definitely got the microscope on him and this has become a witch hunt. The NFL has turned him from villain to victim in my eyes.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 05:19 PM   #5
cuervo72
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
Well Levi Brown officially got traded for nothing. Pittsburgh put him on Injured Reserve, meaning he did not reach the agreed upon 5 weeks on the active roster part of the trade between the two teams. So no conditional draft pick going to the Cards for him.

Trade for Levi Brown won’t cost Steelers anything | ProFootballTalk

"Bah, this guy sucks - let's just save the draft pick."

Last edited by cuervo72 : 10-16-2013 at 05:23 PM.
cuervo72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 05:28 PM   #6
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post
Suh was fined $31,500 for a helmet to chest hit on Brandon Weeden on Sunday. There was no call on the play.

Last year, I was pretty much sick and tired of Suh. He seemed more of a distraction than he's worth. After all of the hulabaloo over the low block/$100,000 fine earlier this year and this, I've come back around on him. He's definitely got the microscope on him and this has become a witch hunt. The NFL has turned him from villain to victim in my eyes.

It seems like the refs have been extra harsh on Burfict recently too. He has had at least 3 personal fouls called on him this year for hits that were anything but dirty.

FUCK EA
Julio Riddols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 05:35 PM   #7
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post

Trade for Levi Brown won’t cost Steelers anything | ProFootballTalk

I like the quote I read earlier.

The Steelers won't be signing another lineman, Mike Adams just has to be ready to play better.

This isn't a blueprint for success.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 06:38 PM   #8
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Suh is a dirty player, no way around that.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 08:29 PM   #9
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
I like the quote I read earlier.

The Steelers won't be signing another lineman, Mike Adams just has to be ready to play better.

This isn't a blueprint for success.

Yeah in that second link the quote was "hope that benched second-rounder recovers from his public shaming." Yeah that isn't a blueprint for success indeed.
Old 10-17-2013, 07:44 AM   #10
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

If the Pats go 2-for-2 on the Ryan brothers this weekend I can die a happy man.

(not that I'm planning to die)
flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 08:20 AM   #11
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Quote:

The article I saw on this mentioned a similar hit by a different player receiving a fine last season, it's for leading with the helmet. They are trying to eliminate using the helmet as a weapon.
Old 10-17-2013, 09:15 AM   #12
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthean View Post
Lions/Bengals should be good.

Now there is something you don't hear much.
Old 10-17-2013, 09:30 AM   #13
Dutch
"Dutch"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
Now there is something you don't hear much.

And here I am jonesin over watching the Vikings/Giants game...the NFL is getting weirder and weirder!
Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 09:33 AM   #14
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
He's definitely got the microscope on him and this has become a witch hunt. The NFL has turned him from villain to victim in my eyes.

He's done plenty of things to earn that rep, but you are correct about certain players being under a microscope. You know coming into the game who the trouble players are and yes more attention is paid to them. Fans may think it's not right to do so, but those players put themselves into that position by playing dirty or on the edge. And just like with dirty head shots, the only way that players will learn is by being penalized or fined.
Dr. Sak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 09:45 AM   #15
Butter
Coordinator

As much as I like Jay Gruden and Andy Dalton, the Bengals should be scoring more than the 23rd ranked scoring offense in the league. If something doesn't change by season's end, Gruden should probably be gone, if not Marvin Lewis also. They have one of the top TE duos in the league, one of the most explosive young RB's, and one of the top 5 WR's, along with a solid O-line. Yet they struggle to get to 20 points a game.

This can't go on if you expect to contend. Because this Bengals defense is not going to be a top unit forever, the window is only open for so long.
Old 10-17-2013, 09:58 AM   #16
PilotMan
Head Coach

Lol Browns...

Browns Sign Player With Torn ACL, Because They Are The Browns

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 10:17 AM   #17
molson
General Manager

Mayo to IR, and Amendola and Talib not looking too good. I kind of just expect the Patriots just to keep plugging along somehow though. It could be Bellichick's best coaching job by the time it's all over.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 10:20 AM   #18
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Exactly as I predicted when you start calling defensive players for hitting guys who are inbounds but have "given themselves up", you have RGIII admitting he milks it and puts himself in dangerous, unnatural positions to try and draw flags.Robert Griffin III of Washington Redskins aims to draw flags on sideline runs - ESPN
Quote:
Griffin said. "It's happened in the past with Michael Vick or someone like that who has run to the sidelines, stopped, and then gotten 20 more yards because the guy runs out of bounds trying not to hit the quarterback. That could be a reason (they hit you near the sideline)."
at the end of one run against the Lions in Week 3, Griffin said he tried to draw a penalty on Lions defensive back Rashean Mathis.

"He's a smart player, he didn't hit me," Griffin said. "I kind of stopped well inside inbounds to try to get him to hit me and he didn't. He said, 'I'm not taking that penalty, Griff.' I said, 'I got you, man.'
Quote:
Originally Posted by flere-imsaho View Post
If the Pats go 2-for-2 on the Ryan brothers this weekend I can die a happy man.

(not that I'm planning to die)
You mean 3-for-3?

Although, that Jets D is very good (especially Wilkerson) and right now we're probably missing 3 Pro Bowl defenders (Wilfork and now Mayo done for the year, Talib likely out) as well as our best D-lineman this year Tommy Kelly, Pro Bowl Special teamer Matthew Slater, and our best TE/WR/RB (Gronk, Amendola and Vereen). I know its the Pats so everyone hates us, but that's pretty impressive to keep winning games with so much top-tier talent out.
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 11:33 AM   #19
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BishopMVP View Post
Exactly as I predicted when you start calling defensive players for hitting guys who are inbounds but have "given themselves up", you have RGIII admitting he milks it and puts himself in dangerous, unnatural positions to try and draw flags.Robert Griffin III of Washington Redskins aims to draw flags on sideline runs - ESPNYou mean 3-for-3?

Uh...never mind. I don't think anyone is really shocked by this.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 11:46 AM   #20
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_fan View Post
Uh...never mind. I don't think anyone is really shocked by this.

Still stupid of him to say. It seems like RG3 really doesnt know how to keep his mouth shut.

I realize as a Giants fan my opinion is skewed, but is it just me or has RG3 become really unlikeable?
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 11:47 AM   #21
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
Still stupid of him to say. It seems like RG3 really doesnt know how to keep his mouth shut.

I realize as a Giants fan my opinion is skewed, but is it just me or has RG3 become really unlikeable?

About as unlikeable as Eli Manning.
Old 10-17-2013, 11:54 AM   #22
Kodos
Resident Alien

I think it is just you.
Old 10-17-2013, 12:15 PM   #23
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

I still like RGIII.

I also still like Eli.

Mike Shanahan can still go suck a donkey dick, though.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 01:48 PM   #24
TroyF
Coordinator

RG3 really should have just stayed quiet.

I still don't think this is going to matter that much. As the article stated, one defender had enough brains not to hit him. The one who did, did it after he was already out of bounds.

I can't see this as being a tool widely used in the NFL. I'm sure Daniel Snyder is THRILLED the QB coming off of knee surgery is trying to ensure he gets hit. Great plan there moron.
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 01:57 PM   #25
Logan
Head Coach

Case Keenum is starting for the Texans on Sunday.

And it's @KC of course, talk about being thrown to the fire.

Last edited by Logan : 10-17-2013 at 01:58 PM.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 02:05 PM   #26
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
Case Keenum is starting for the Texans on Sunday.

And it's @KC of course, talk about being thrown to the fire.

Kansas City has really looked good this year, but they've really had quite the cupcake schedule so far.

Dallas is decent and the best team they've faced and they got them at home. Beyond that it's the winless Jags and Giants, the very mediocre Eagles, the Ryan Fitzpatrick-led Titans, the Raiders and now Case Keenum's Texans.

You can only play the teams on your schedule, but with Cleveland and Buffalo after the Texans this week, the Chiefs will likely head to Denver in week 11 (after a bye) at 9-0.

Looking at their total schedule, at this point in the seaon, the two games versus Denver and a home game against Indianapolis are really the only three tough games left on their schedule.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Old 10-17-2013, 02:13 PM   #27
Logan
Head Coach

I'm already on record as saying KC will be looking at an early playoff exit, so I agree with you there. But still...an undrafted QB seeing his first action on the road, with a weak offensive line, against a team that gets after the QB and forces turnovers...qualifies as being thrown to the fire IMO.
Old 10-17-2013, 02:15 PM   #28
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
I'm already on record as saying KC will be looking at an early playoff exit, so I agree with you there. But still...an undrafted QB seeing his first action on the road, with a weak offensive line, against a team that gets after the QB and forces turnovers...qualifies as being thrown to the fire IMO.

I absolutely agree.
Old 10-17-2013, 02:17 PM   #29
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

What? I can't hear you...I just hope he wears ear muffs cause it's going to be LOUD!!!!
Dr. Sak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 02:19 PM   #30
Butter
Coordinator

The Bengals have done that once or twice... maybe not quite to the spectacular extent of the Chiefs, but have ridden a sorry schedule to a Wild Card berth then been summarily dismissed from the playoffs early.
Old 10-17-2013, 02:26 PM   #31
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Sak View Post
What? I can't hear you...I just hope he wears ear muffs cause it's going to be LOUD!!!!

237 decibels loud, baby! World Record!
Old 10-17-2013, 02:48 PM   #32
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Kansas City has really looked good this year, but they've really had quite the cupcake schedule so far.

Dallas is decent and the best team they've faced and they got them at home. Beyond that it's the winless Jags and Giants, the very mediocre Eagles, the Ryan Fitzpatrick-led Titans, the Raiders and now Case Keenum's Texans.

You can only play the teams on your schedule, but with Cleveland and Buffalo after the Texans this week, the Chiefs will likely head to Denver in week 11 (after a bye) at 9-0.

Looking at their total schedule, at this point in the seaon, the two games versus Denver and a home game against Indianapolis are really the only three tough games left on their schedule.

I'm assuming you're less than impressed with the Broncos for the same reason? Because up to now, they've played nearly identical schedules.

Edit: Just to add, although they are winning in vastly different ways, the point differential in the common opponents is nearly identical (Den - 85, KC - 78).

Last edited by Mizzou B-ball fan : 10-17-2013 at 03:14 PM.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 03:16 PM   #33
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan View Post
I'm assuming you're less than impressed with the Broncos for the same reason? Because up to now, they've played nearly identical schedules.

Edit: Just to add, although they are winning in vastly different ways, the point differential in the common opponents is nearly identical (Den - 85, KC - 78).

Nope. Denver moves the ball downfield at will, the Chiefs are having a typical Alex Smith-led offensive season and I have zero confidence in their ability to get beyond that come playoff time.
Old 10-17-2013, 03:22 PM   #34
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
Mayo to IR, and Amendola and Talib not looking too good. I kind of just expect the Patriots just to keep plugging along somehow though. It could be Bellichick's best coaching job by the time it's all over.

Yeah
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 03:26 PM   #35
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:

Cowboys (road for Broncos, home for Chiefs
Eagles (road for Chiefs, home for Broncos)
Giants (road for Broncos, home for Chiefs)
Jags (road for Chiefs, home for Broncos)
Raiders (both at home)

That's the 5 teams they've played that are similar.
The Broncos also played the Ravens at home. The Chiefs played the Titans on the road.

Chiefs combined score in the 5 games 126-48 (25.2-9.6) 15.6 margin of victory
Broncos combined score in the 5 games 216-131 (43.2-26.2) 17 margin of victory

Denver's schedule is going to toughen up pretty fast. @Colts, @Chargers, vs. KC, @NE and @KC all happen in the next 6 games.

I'm a Broncos fan and I'm biased. I think the difference with Denver is they have been doing it without two pro bowl calibur guys. Champ Bailey just came back from an injury and Von Miller returns from suspension this week. I think that moves them from the Chiefs. It isn't everyday you add a guy like Von Miller to your roster. The Chiefs have been remarkably healthy this year. The Broncos played the second half of the Cowboys game down 5 starters. The Chiefs haven't had to deal with anything like that this year and probably will. (last year they were incredibly unlucky, so maybe they'll go through this year unscathed, but I kind of doubt it)
Old 10-17-2013, 03:38 PM   #36
Desnudo
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
About as unlikeable as Eli Manning.

I like Eli and he killed the Patriots in two SB. He seems like the nfl qb you'd most want to hang out with.
Desnudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 03:51 PM   #37
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Nope. Denver moves the ball downfield at will, the Chiefs are having a typical Alex Smith-led offensive season and I have zero confidence in their ability to get beyond that come playoff time.

But they don't need to score all that much given the defense they have as the point differential suggests. KC has 7-8 players on defense who are playing at an All-Pro level. They can take an injury loss on that kind of defense.

As for the offense, Reid is doing what he needs to do. The staff has been very vocal that their offense has all kinds of room to grow. When you're 6-0, that's a good problem to have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyF View Post
Cowboys (road for Broncos, home for Chiefs
Eagles (road for Chiefs, home for Broncos)
Giants (road for Broncos, home for Chiefs)
Jags (road for Chiefs, home for Broncos)
Raiders (both at home)

That's the 5 teams they've played that are similar.
The Broncos also played the Ravens at home. The Chiefs played the Titans on the road.

Chiefs combined score in the 5 games 126-48 (25.2-9.6) 15.6 margin of victory
Broncos combined score in the 5 games 216-131 (43.2-26.2) 17 margin of victory

Denver's schedule is going to toughen up pretty fast. @Colts, @Chargers, vs. KC, @NE and @KC all happen in the next 6 games.

I'm a Broncos fan and I'm biased. I think the difference with Denver is they have been doing it without two pro bowl calibur guys. Champ Bailey just came back from an injury and Von Miller returns from suspension this week. I think that moves them from the Chiefs. It isn't everyday you add a guy like Von Miller to your roster. The Chiefs have been remarkably healthy this year. The Broncos played the second half of the Cowboys game down 5 starters. The Chiefs haven't had to deal with anything like that this year and probably will. (last year they were incredibly unlucky, so maybe they'll go through this year unscathed, but I kind of doubt it)

We can only judge what we've seen thus far. KC's defense is putting up all-time historic numbers thus far in regards to pressuring the QB, which is obviously key to creating turnovers which win games. Denver is doing it on the offensive end with similarly all-time historic numbers thus far in the passing game. Denver has been missing a couple key cogs, while KC's offense (especially the passing game) has been hurt by the chronic injuries that have been plaguing Jamaal Charles thus far, allowing defenses to focus on the passing game.

It's much like it used to be for a long time. Elway and the prolific passing game vs. Martyball and the stout defenses. We've officially made a complete circle.
Old 10-17-2013, 03:54 PM   #38
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
But they don't need to score all that much given the defense they have as the point differential suggests. KC has 7-8 players on defense who are playing at an All-Pro level. They can take an injury loss on that kind of defense.

Sounds exactly like the 49ers before they decided to go with Kaep over Smith.

I've seen this movie before .
Old 10-17-2013, 04:05 PM   #39
Logan
Head Coach

BTW, please don't think I'm purposely being harsh on the Chiefs. I love that defense and it's fun to watch. I just think they're going to be overrated come crunch time. Although part of me is seeing a castoff guy like Marcus Cooper being so successful in that scheme, a kid who never contributed much when he was at Rutgers (although there was future NFL talent ahead of him), and is wondering what the hell is really going on.
Old 10-17-2013, 04:23 PM   #40
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:

No. The Broncos were a playoff team last year and went 13-3, as opposed to a team that went 2-14.

I like the Chiefs. I like teams that play their kind of style: strong defense and an offense that doesn't turn the ball over and does just enough.

If you can't look at the Chiefs' schedule and say they've been pretty fortunate in terms of facing teams that aren't that great, then, well, that's a YP not a MP.
Old 10-17-2013, 04:39 PM   #41
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
BTW, please don't think I'm purposely being harsh on the Chiefs. I love that defense and it's fun to watch. I just think they're going to be overrated come crunch time. Although part of me is seeing a castoff guy like Marcus Cooper being so successful in that scheme, a kid who never contributed much when he was at Rutgers (although there was future NFL talent ahead of him), and is wondering what the hell is really going on.

Most of the harshness in general has little to do with this year's team and much to do with how bad they were the past couple of years. I understand that. It's clear to most that the problem wasn't the players, but rather was the staff. KC has been a clutch team thus far, performing extremely well in the 4th quarter when it counts. Now if you're talking about how they'll perform in the playoffs, I agree it's certainly an unknown commodity.

Marcus Cooper is a key example of what a great staff can do for a team and its players. At some level he was undervalued by the 49ers, but the Chiefs' staff seems to have pushed the right buttons in regard to most of their personnel. They have done extremely well putting their talent in a position to succeed where previous staff has failed miserably.
Old 10-17-2013, 05:12 PM   #42
TroyF
Coordinator

The Chiefs running game is hamstrung because Charles is hurt? Really? He's 5th in the league in total carries and has 33 catches out of the backfield to boot.

The Chiefs offense is the Chiefs offense. It is what it is.

Now, their defense? It's been terrific. They have also had success against Manning last year.

That said, think the Chiefs will give up 24 to 30 points against Denver. The Broncos just have so many weapons. I think the teams that will give Denver fits are teams who can score 30+.

New England. Potentially Cincy. (especially if their young RB keeps getting better) Even San Diego. As dangerous as this Colts team appears to be, I still think they'll have a tough time winning if they don't put up 30.

I just don't see the Chiefs having the weaponry to do that. I think they will also struggle with the Chargers.

That's what's fun though. We get to see as we move forward.
Old 10-17-2013, 05:14 PM   #43
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desnudo View Post
I like Eli and he killed the Patriots in two SB. He seems like the nfl qb you'd most want to hang out with.

Really? Nah, not Eli. NFL QB I'd most want to hang out with, (not because they are from my alma mater or anything, say hi to geno smith) would be the young and fun guys, like RG3 or Wilson. I''d rather hang out with them than the superstars that are in odd places now - Brees, Mannings, Brady, etc. Flacco, Ben R, Rivers, Cutler - seem like unfun. Matt Ryan too cerebral. So for me it would be the young guns.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 05:23 PM   #44
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abe Sargent View Post
Really? Nah, not Eli. NFL QB I'd most want to hang out with, (not because they are from my alma mater or anything, say hi to geno smith) would be the young and fun guys, like RG3 or Wilson. I''d rather hang out with them than the superstars that are in odd places now - Brees, Mannings, Brady, etc. Flacco, Ben R, Rivers, Cutler - seem like unfun. Matt Ryan too cerebral. So for me it would be the young guns.

After watching Manning in his SNL skits awhile back, I think he would probably be pretty good guy to have a beer with. I bet he's a very different guy outside of the media spotlight.

One QB to hang out with? I'll take Matt Schaub. Poor guy seems like he needs a friend right now.
Old 10-17-2013, 05:27 PM   #45
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyF View Post
The Chiefs running game is hamstrung because Charles is hurt? Really? He's 5th in the league in total carries and has 33 catches out of the backfield to boot.

He's been having chronic foot problems most of the season and both he and the coach have said he's not near 100%. His numbers are a testament to his toughness and willingness to play through the pain more than anything else.
Old 10-17-2013, 06:29 PM   #46
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
He's been having chronic foot problems most of the season and both he and the coach have said he's not near 100%. His numbers are a testament to his toughness and willingness to play through the pain more than anything else.

Whatever makes them feel better to say. Charles is on pace for 19 more carries and 53 more receptions than last year. He's averaging a yard less a carry, but some of that is going to come naturally with an increased workload.

Even if what they say is 100% true, it doesn't really change anything. If he's hurt, he's not going to get better with an increased workload. If it's this bad now 6 games into the season, it likely isn't going to be much better in week 15 when it's freezing at Arrowhead. So my original point stands, the Chiefs offense is what it is. Unless they get a massive add on in the next few weeks, they simply are not going to have enough offense to outscore teams.
Old 10-17-2013, 07:29 PM   #47
Thomkal
Head Coach

Go beloved Cards!
Old 10-17-2013, 07:42 PM   #48
Thomkal
Head Coach

*sigh* It's going to be a long night...
Old 10-17-2013, 07:55 PM   #49