Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-26-2016, 09:38 PM   #15601
sovereignstar v2
hates iowa

Haha I've seen every episode like 15x and I just started from the beginning now that I downloaded the entire collection. That said, I just started watching Curb Your Enthusiasm from the beginning for the first time and I do enjoy it even more than Seinfeld.
sovereignstar v2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 09:38 PM   #15602
sovereignstar v2
hates iowa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
Seinfeld was awesome in the 70's...

You were awesome never.
sovereignstar v2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 09:42 PM   #15603
Dutch
"Dutch"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sovereignstar v2 View Post
You were awesome never.

That's not what your mom said!!
Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 11:07 PM   #15604
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

It's weird, I've always loved Seinfeld, even recently watching a few episodes. I've never, ever been able to get into Curb Your Enthusiasm.
Vince, Pt. II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 10:45 AM   #15605
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince, Pt. II View Post
It's weird, I've always loved Seinfeld, even recently watching a few episodes. I've never, ever been able to get into Curb Your Enthusiasm.

Same here. I find that CYE is too awkward. Like, I enjoyed how Seinfeld balanced Larry David's awkwardness with Jerry Seinfeld's observational amusement. They worked much better together than apart IMO (kind of like Lennon and McCartney - they balanced each other's worst excesses).
Old 01-27-2016, 11:20 AM   #15606
Kodos
Resident Alien

Seinfeld is great. I wish my wife would agree to switch from watching Friends reruns to Seinfeld reruns. We've seen every Friends so many times...
Old 01-27-2016, 05:51 PM   #15607
heybrad
Norm!!!

So I just got the call that my Windows PC has been calling out to Microsoft because it has malware and for a small fee the Microsoft Support Center will get on and correct it. I just have to give them my credit card.

Good times!

Last edited by heybrad : 01-27-2016 at 05:55 PM.
heybrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 07:20 PM   #15608
Suicane75
Coordinator

It's a scam. I actually work for Microsoft and am aware of these hucksters. If you forward me your CC# I'll take care of it for you.
Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 07:38 PM   #15609
cuervo72
Head Coach

*snort*
Old 01-27-2016, 07:46 PM   #15610
timmae
College Starter

Haircut day is indeed a good day. Guaranteed..
Old 01-27-2016, 11:06 PM   #15611
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I don't get "Lip Sync Battle". Who watches more than a minute or two of that garbage without permanently changing the channel.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 11:41 PM   #15612
Suicane75
Coordinator

Yeah, I don't get it either.

This may be an observation that's only new to me, but it seems that Pasta almost always looks hotter than it is.
Old 01-28-2016, 03:19 AM   #15613
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

I ate Trout tonight.
Old 01-28-2016, 05:40 AM   #15614
Shkspr
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post
I ate Trout tonight.

And that's fine; he's an adult. Just make sure once the season starts that he gets his rest the night before a day game.
Shkspr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2016, 04:15 PM   #15615
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

I have no flippin' clue WHAT thread to put this in so ...

Rock vocalist Phil Anslemo is taking fire this week for apparently ending his set at a recent benefit show (the annual Dimebag tribute I think) with a "White Power" comment, complete with a half-Nazi/half-black power fist salute as he departed.

He's explained that it was an inside joke because they were all drinking white wine backstage, radical leftist Rob Flynn (Machinehead) says that's bullshit 'cause there wasn't any white wine backstage.

Look, I can believe Anselmo might very well have meant it exactly as it appeared. I can also believe the inside joke is feasible. I can even believe that Flynn could be telling the truth (no matter how much I truly despise pretty much everything he stands for).

HERE is what I'm confused about: it was only a couple of months back that Anselmo went on a lengthy rant about the evils of the Confederate battle flag. I pretty much wrote the guy off, it was that off the rails for me.

So all I'm scratching my head over is this: how in the hell can you make that anti-flag rant AND an outward white power stance work together? No matter where you fall on the socio-political spectrum, is that not an incredibly odd pair of things to come out of the same guy in a matter of weeks?

Is it possible that he's literally & legitimately schizophrenic?
Old 01-29-2016, 04:29 PM   #15616
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Eh, you haven't met enough racist northerners
Old 01-29-2016, 04:32 PM   #15617
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
Eh, you haven't met enough racist northerners

But that's not Anselmo, he's from fn Louisiana

(again, a reason that I'm struggling to make this dichotomy make sense)

As shitty as his vocals have been in the past couple of years, it's not like I have any major interest in the guy beyond being a historical figure from the Pantera era. I don't even feel like I've got a dog in this whole fight honestly.

It just doesn't make sense to me ... and that's annoying.
Old 01-30-2016, 12:40 PM   #15618
rowech
Pro Starter

I started teaching and coaching shortly before the tv show "Scrubs" was on and I never watched it. I'm done with season two and have now developed an infatuation with Sarah Chalke 15 years later.
rowech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2016, 06:04 PM   #15619
cuervo72
Head Coach

Super Bowl recap shows are on NFLN now. Looks like I know what I'm watching for the rest of the night.

(on SB II currently)
Old 01-31-2016, 09:46 AM   #15620
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowech View Post
I started teaching and coaching shortly before the tv show "Scrubs" was on and I never watched it. I'm done with season two and have now developed an infatuation with Sarah Chalke 15 years later.

completely reasonable and acceptable
Old 02-01-2016, 11:44 AM   #15621
AENeuman
College Benchwarmer

After 5 years I finally opened the curtains in my classroom. Being on the 4th floor, I just noticed I have an good view of both the old and new apple headquarters.
AENeuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 11:52 AM   #15622
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
De Anza? That was one of my customers way back when. Set up the network there back in '97/'98.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 12:14 AM   #15623
Dutch
"Dutch"

Sitting in my hotel room, trying to catch up on some work...I'm in Springfield, VA...and no less than 25 cop cars, lights and sires blaring have been racing around on the I-95 and it's interchanges that I can see from my windows....what the hell is going on out there? And there not all going in the same direction....weird. I'm not sure if it's something serious like the official real life Waking Dead kick-off or it's some weird Keystone Cops ritual that I'm not aware of here in the greater DC area.

Last edited by Dutch : 02-03-2016 at 12:15 AM.
Old 02-03-2016, 12:17 AM   #15624
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Sitting in my hotel room, trying to catch up on some work...I'm in Springfield, VA...and no less than 25 cop cars, lights and sires blaring have been racing around on the I-95 and it's interchanges that I can see from my windows....what the hell is going on out there? And there not all going in the same direction....weird. I'm not sure if it's something serious like the official real life Waking Dead kick-off or it's some weird Keystone Cops ritual that I'm not aware of here in the greater DC area.

Some black guy was jaywalking.
Old 02-03-2016, 12:26 AM   #15625
Dutch
"Dutch"

Probably. And just like that, all is quiet...
Old 02-04-2016, 02:02 PM   #15626
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Son's school apparently plans to implement random drug testing. I'll go ahead & predict just how many different ways they'll fuck this shit up.

Ain't likely to find a more hardline, draconian anti-drug guy than me ... but even I know that:

a) there's a certain amount of process & procedure needed to do this right
b) you don't give the kids the word BEFORE you say anything to the parents, don't care if you are a private school & can do pretty much whatever you want
c) some students are about to get a serious practical lesson in the difference between the concept of "rights" versus the practical application of them

It's all so freakin' stupid to watch. It's clearly designed (as have been some other things lately) to target some particular students the new administration isn't fond of. But why all the hoo-ha? Just call 'em in with their parents, say "this just is working out" and go separate ways after the few weeks we have left?

But, no, let's make this as fucked up as possible. It's the Acad way.
Old 02-04-2016, 02:10 PM   #15627
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:

I remember driving down a state highway (one of those multi-lane ones that's like an interstate) a couple of years ago and seeing a bunch of police of all different agencies (state, county, and city) stopped along for miles--and when I did see officers, they all had rifles. Scary shit. Turned out that there had been a jailbreak and two armed guys were on the run.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 02:23 PM   #15628
Dutch
"Dutch"

That'll do it. I'm guessing a violent crime just took place and the suspect was in the run....
Old 02-06-2016, 10:54 AM   #15629
miami_fan
Coordinator

The Father Figure of A Generation?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_12941.jpg (47.6 KB, 105 views)
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2016, 08:26 PM   #15630
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartman View Post
De Anza? That was one of my customers way back when. Set up the network there back in '97/'98.

It has to be.
Old 02-07-2016, 03:32 PM   #15632
Suicane75
Coordinator

For years I was told Three's Company. Then suddenly I'm told that everything I knew was a lie, and Three was A Crowd. And they wonder why we don't trust our leaders.
Old 02-07-2016, 11:24 PM   #15633
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

I'll just throw this thought in here rather than search for the parenting thread.

I'm not a SB party guy, have been to two in my life. It's always just a night at home with the family for me. For the past 8-9 years ('cause I know we did it at the previous house) it's been the same meal at halftime: chili, cheese dip, salsa, chips.

And I realized tonight was the last time I'd be doing that for a long time, if ever ... Will's next 6-7 Super Bowls will be with him off at school somewhere.

I've had happier thoughts :/

edit to add: Unlike my wife, I'm mostly pretty okay with the whole empty nest thing, he's ready to fly & I'm good with that 'cause that's how life works. The realization tonight though, this one bothered me.

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 02-07-2016 at 11:27 PM.
JonInMiddleGA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 05:35 AM   #15634
CraigSca
Pro Starter

Sorry to hear that, Jon. No one in my immediate family likes watching football, so the Superbowl "party" has consisted of myself eating wings in front of the TV. Consider yourself lucky for having those years together, watching the game.
how do you know?

CraigSca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 06:12 AM   #15635
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
I'll just throw this thought in here rather than search for the parenting thread.

I'm not a SB party guy, have been to two in my life. It's always just a night at home with the family for me. For the past 8-9 years ('cause I know we did it at the previous house) it's been the same meal at halftime: chili, cheese dip, salsa, chips.

And I realized tonight was the last time I'd be doing that for a long time, if ever ... Will's next 6-7 Super Bowls will be with him off at school somewhere.

edit to add: Unlike my wife, I'm mostly pretty okay with the whole empty nest thing, he's ready to fly & I'm good with that 'cause that's how life works. The realization tonight though, this one bothered me.

Old 02-08-2016, 07:49 AM   #15636
cuervo72
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigSca View Post
Sorry to hear that, Jon. No one in my immediate family likes watching football, so the Superbowl "party" has consisted of myself eating wings in front of the TV. Consider yourself lucky for having those years together, watching the game.

I think this was the first time my son really paid much attention to the game -- and he's now 16. Usually the kids can't be bothered (they are around but doing their own things), and my wife is an even bet to be working the night of the SB.
Old 02-08-2016, 07:50 AM   #15637
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

my kids are 14 and 11 and I've already started that mental countdown. how many more times will we be doing this together or that together. it bums me out, to be honest
Old 02-08-2016, 08:17 AM   #15638
Easy Mac

I remember going back home to watch the Super Bowl in 2001 my freshman year, because it was just a tradition to get the nastiest fried chicken and what not. Didn't do it after that and always felt a bit guilty that I haven't just randomly showed up.

My 6 year old just had headphones on and watched My Little Pony on her phone while we watched the game.
Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 08:51 AM   #15639
Buccaneer
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post

Same here. My son and Mrs. Bucc have watched every NFL game together for the past 11 years. The past two had happy endings, so that's a good way to end. He knows that his football (and sports) watching will go down drastically next fall, just as it had with me in my freshman year.
Buccaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 10:50 AM   #15640
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buccaneer View Post
He knows that his football (and sports) watching will go down drastically next fall

The kinda funny thing from last night was him realizing that "oh crap, I'll probably still be only a pledge when the SB rolls around ... with an SB party at the frat house ... gee, I'm sure they won't abuse the pledges during the ga ... aw crap "

Old 02-10-2016, 04:08 AM   #15641
stevew
Hall Of Famer

http://www.vindy.com/news/2016/feb/0...hreats/?mobile

Shit like this is sad and you wish it could be prevented.
Old 02-10-2016, 06:21 AM   #15642
PilotMan
Head Coach

It's a very sad story no question, but the incredible judgements in the comments are almost as bad.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 07:56 AM   #15643
cuervo72
Head Coach

Ah, I thought that link was going to be about the 3yo who shot and killed his 9yo sister with the gun that was lying on his grandfather's nightstand.
Old 02-10-2016, 09:19 AM   #15644
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

As good a place as any to post a link to Zola The Stripper's Journey To Florida:

http://m.imgur.com/a/WDwyW

The Real Story Behind the Greatest Stripper Saga Ever Tweeted | Rolling Stone
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 03:05 PM   #15645
MacroGuru
Coordinator

So my 18 yr old is in college at SUNY Geneseo. She has summers off and doesn't want to come to my house or spend time at her mothers for the entire summer.

So, she applies for ISV for a 4 week volunteer program and is accepted. Which is awesome and kick ass because she is going to get Independent Study Credits for it, and it will help her with school.

The kicker though is, it's probably going to cost like $7,000.

I have spent over $15,000 the last 5 yrs fighting her mother in a nasty divorce and I don't have the money to help out and her mother doesn't anymore either.

I don't have it in my heart to tell her no for this, she sacrificed a lot dealing with the divorce and such....I just need to figure it out, she is also trying to, but damn....$7,000 in 4 months...
Old 02-10-2016, 03:50 PM   #15646
Suicane75
Coordinator

I just had the weirdest dream. Shorty and I were laying in bed, totally platonic, watching a Super Bow (I don't know which one), I turn towards him to lay on my side and go to sleep. He says "Get up, it's time to call Cousin Sal". He hops up, I get up, suddenly Jeeber is in the room too. Shorty explains he's good friends with Kimmel and he gave him the line to Sals radio show and Shorty can call in and do whatever he wants. I grab a jug of liquor that only says "red apple" on it and start to drink, Shorty and Jeeber both yell at me not to start screaming Peter Nedermeyer into the phone. Then I woke up.
Old 02-10-2016, 04:03 PM   #15647
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacroGuru View Post
So my 18 yr old is in college at SUNY Geneseo. She has summers off and doesn't want to come to my house or spend time at her mothers for the entire summer.

So, she applies for ISV for a 4 week volunteer program and is accepted. Which is awesome and kick ass because she is going to get Independent Study Credits for it, and it will help her with school.

The kicker though is, it's probably going to cost like $7,000.

I have spent over $15,000 the last 5 yrs fighting her mother in a nasty divorce and I don't have the money to help out and her mother doesn't anymore either.

I don't have it in my heart to tell her no for this, she sacrificed a lot dealing with the divorce and such....I just need to figure it out, she is also trying to, but damn....$7,000 in 4 months...

That's tough. Sorry to hear.

Anyway she can defer her acceptance for a year and do it next summer, giving everyone more time to save? I assume at that age she's just a freshman. Seems like there are a couple more opportunities for summer volunteering/internships that can help her down the road.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 04:10 PM   #15648
korme
Go Reds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicane75 View Post
I just had the weirdest dream. Shorty and I were laying in bed, totally platonic, watching a Super Bow (I don't know which one), I turn towards him to lay on my side and go to sleep. He says "Get up, it's time to call Cousin Sal". He hops up, I get up, suddenly Jeeber is in the room too. Shorty explains he's good friends with Kimmel and he gave him the line to Sals radio show and Shorty can call in and do whatever he wants. I grab a jug of liquor that only says "red apple" on it and start to drink, Shorty and Jeeber both yell at me not to start screaming Peter Nedermeyer into the phone. Then I woke up.

This really happened.
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 04:13 PM   #15649
stevew
Hall Of Famer

That seems like a huge ask on top of tuition, etc. Especially since you have other kids heading towards school soon as well.
Old 02-11-2016, 10:49 AM   #15650
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post
As good a place as any to post a link to Zola The Stripper's Journey To Florida:

http://m.imgur.com/a/WDwyW

The Real Story Behind the Greatest Stripper Saga Ever Tweeted | Rolling Stone

that was...completely foreign to my life experience