Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-14-2020, 05:11 PM   #19601
spleen1015
Coordinator

Congrats Vince. Parenthood is the most amazing thing ever.

Good luck tomorrow. Tell your wife FOFC said good job!
Old 05-14-2020, 05:16 PM   #19602
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince, Pt. II View Post
So, there are officially fewer than 24 hours left before I become a parent for the first time. As crazy as the last 38 weeks of pregnancy have been, building the nursery, etc...it still hasn't really sunk in yet. I'm super excited, but man.

It's crazy.

Just said a prayer for a happy healthy outcome!

Life changed in ways you cant imagine, there is no right or wrong way to parent as long as you are there.

Congrats.
CU Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2020, 06:52 PM   #19603
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

Thanks everyone!

Hard to believe it's been 18 years since I stumbled upon this place thanks to TCY.
Vince, Pt. II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2020, 07:37 PM   #19604
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Best of luck! It will change your life in all the best ways
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2020, 08:58 AM   #19605
chesapeake
College Starter

Congrats, and good luck, Vince!
chesapeake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2020, 09:32 AM   #19606
Kodos
Resident Alien

Congratulations, Vince! And good luck. And people aren't joking about the sleeping part. Say bye-bye to it.
Old 05-15-2020, 10:02 AM   #19607
miami_fan
Coordinator

Congratulations and good luck, Vince! I will add another voice for no sleep. Carry that diaper bag with pride!
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2020, 11:36 AM   #19608
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Awesome! Congrats
Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2020, 02:48 PM   #19609
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

https://www.visualcapitalist.com/wea...-s-state-2020/

I always wonder about lists like this.

Like, are we sure that there isn't some guy who has several generations of family investments into public and private equity and just quietly have a few billion dollars but no one but him and his financial advisors even know who he is?

Last edited by albionmoonlight : 05-15-2020 at 02:51 PM.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2020, 03:46 PM   #19610
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

It's always nice to come from work, walk into your kitchen, and then notice there's water dripping from the light fixture.
Old 05-16-2020, 12:05 AM   #19611
miami_fan
Coordinator

This seems appropriate for people of a certain age late on Friday night/ early Saturday morning. None of the Porky’s movies are streaming anywhere?
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
Old 05-16-2020, 10:16 AM   #19612
PilotMan
Head Coach

My boys stumbled upon Bacon/Pineapple/Jalapeno pizza last week and asked for a whole pizza of it last night, and as one who is typically anti-pineapple, it was quite tasty.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2020, 01:29 PM   #19613
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
My boys stumbled upon Bacon/Pineapple/Jalapeno pizza last week and asked for a whole pizza of it last night, and as one who is typically anti-pineapple, it was quite tasty.

I'm pretty sure this belongs in the mental health thread.

Old 05-16-2020, 02:48 PM   #19614
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Needed a new XB1 controller, didn't anticipate those being in short supply.

Found one with local store pickup: at Kohl's ... who I until now never had a clue even HAD electronics.
Old 05-16-2020, 11:12 PM   #19615
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post

Found one with local store pickup: at Kohl's ... who I until now never had a clue even HAD electronics.

Tell the truth, your controller grew wings and flew away. Thank God that wall was there or who knew who would have gotten hurt
CU Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2020, 11:35 PM   #19616
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CU Tiger View Post
Tell the truth, your controller grew wings and flew away. Thank God that wall was there or who knew who would have gotten hurt

Nah, it just wore out (kinda fitting for me really).

The cursor developed a perpetual drift to the left (ironic eh?) even if I wasn't touching it. At that point I knew it had to go
Old 05-17-2020, 12:17 PM   #19617
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:

kohl's has electronics?

you didn't see a playstation3 controller did you?
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 12:50 PM   #19618
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:

My buddy wanted to buy a Switch for his kid, and the guy at the store told him that, other than resellers, he did not think that there was one for sale in New York City at this time.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2020, 04:50 PM   #19619
Edward64
Head Coach

Flipping channels on Sling and caught Fleetwood Mac on AXS. Not sure how old it was but Stevie Nicks still has that sultry voice. Edge of Seventeen is in my Top 20 songs.

It'll be sad when the first one of them passes (they are in their 70's now).

Last edited by Edward64 : 05-18-2020 at 04:50 PM.
Edward64 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2020, 05:09 PM   #19620
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Fleetwood Mac is interesting in that they practically had two entire eras as different bands before Buckingham and Nicks even joined the band. Their earlier years as a blues band are almost entirely ignored in America, but they were huge in Britain in the 60s.

Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.

Last edited by thesloppy : 05-18-2020 at 05:10 PM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2020, 11:08 AM   #19621
molson
General Manager

I'm finally acting like I'm in quarantine even though I've been back at work for more than 2 weeks now. Last night I stayed up until 2 in the morning putting together a jigsaw puzzle and watching 90 Day Finance: Before the 90 days.

I've never assembled a jigsaw puzzle before, ever. Just got a few on a whim. It's a mix of frustration and exhilaration. This is making my brain happy I think. If the 90 Day Finance doesn't cancel that part out. But I just can't wait to catchup on the exploits of Big Ed and captain dullard from Memphis.

Last edited by molson : 05-19-2020 at 11:38 AM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2020, 11:37 AM   #19622
spleen1015
Coordinator

I've been a puzzle person for a good portion of my life. When I was a kid, I always had a folding table in my room with a puzzle on it.

I remember doing puzzles as a kid while watching the black & white tv in my room. Always remember watching Cheers while doing puzzles.

Over the last few years my wife and I have a 2000 piece puzzle usually going on one end of our dining room table. Buffalo makes good quality puzzles.
Old 05-19-2020, 11:59 AM   #19623
Kodos
Resident Alien

Right now, my daughter and I are starting on bag 10 (out of 10) constructing the Lego Millennium Falcon. I've wanted it for years, and finally splurged. Maybe I should have posted this in the Lego thread...
Old 05-19-2020, 12:40 PM   #19624
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

We have a folding table set up with a puzzle on it in the den since this has started. If gives my son a nice break when he needs to step away from lessons for a bit.
Old 05-19-2020, 01:06 PM   #19625
JPhillips
General Manager

Old 05-19-2020, 01:08 PM   #19626
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

LOL, that's awesome
Old 05-20-2020, 09:00 AM   #19627
miami_fan
Coordinator

Chuck E. Cheese Launched A Delivery-Only Restaurant

1. Is Chuck E Cheese considered a pizza franchise?

2. Who the hell is getting Chuck E Cheese food delivered?
Old 05-20-2020, 09:10 AM   #19628
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Is that JiMGA's son that graduated?
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2020, 03:38 PM   #19629
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Oh, I almost forgot about this story, but I wanted to share it mostly due to the WTF.

So, background, the wife is 8.5months pregnant. This is the stage where she's going to the OB every week. Early on in the pregnancy she was very cognizant about not using it as an excuse to pig out. She made sure to eat salads and healthy foods. So around the start of May we kind of both started eating a bit unhealthy after a month+ of stay at home. It didn't help that we ate most of our veggies and weren't planning on another Kroger pickup run until the following week. So we were like eating waffles for breakfast, pizza leftovers for lunch, and ice cream after dinner.

So she goes to her OB appointment and they point out that she's gained 7 lbs in 2 weeks and she may want to watch that. To which she was like, oh shit, yeah, I've been eating like total crap. So back to healthy eating (personally I don't mind - I'll eat either way - healthy, not healthy, I'm very low maintenance when it comes to this - whatever is in the fridge).

So she makes a joking post on Facebook, that she wanted a waffle but doctor got her so time to make some healthy breakfast choices.

You would have thought she said the doctor called her a fat pig. The comments were calling for the doctor's head. Friends saying you need to get a new doctor. Assumption that the doctor was a man (it's an all female practice). One person talking about how diet plans are bad and people should be doing instinct eating. Both my wife and I were like... WTF?!

I mean don't you want your doctor to tell you that you are gaining a little too much and you may want to drop some pounds? I mean if they get mean, sure, that's not cool. But is any suggestion that you are too big a horrible terrible thing to these people?! So utterly crazy.

Last edited by ISiddiqui : 05-20-2020 at 03:39 PM.
ISiddiqui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2020, 03:53 PM   #19630
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartman View Post
Is that JiMGA's son that graduated?

In a random whateverthefuck, there was no reading of the names for Ole Miss grads this year. Hell, he didn't even get a gown, only a cap & tassle.

He literally slept through the official "virtual graduation" ceremony they held online.
Old 05-20-2020, 08:02 PM   #19631
21C
College Prospect

I live in a secure building with an elevator. There have been signs in the elevator for some time to say "One person at a time or one family group only".

I arrive at the lift this morning and wait for it to arrive. Another person on my floor comes around the corner as the doors open. I walk into the elevator first and then so does he. I walk out and he says "Is that a problem? I'm not sick". As the doors close, he says "Well, I am late to work". To which I reply "So am I".

While I was peeved, it was a blessing in disguise because he can fit a 10 minute story into the 30 second elevator ride.
Old 05-21-2020, 07:35 AM   #19632
spleen1015
Coordinator

The Snyder Cut of The Justice League has become a real thing. Coming out on HBO Max sometime in 2021.
Old 05-21-2020, 11:05 AM   #19633
Edward64
Head Coach

PSA. If you like strawberries, you need to watch this ...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...alt-water.html
Old 05-22-2020, 09:19 AM   #19634
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

I'm sure I'm not the first to think this one. But like in 2500, there are going to be dozens or hundreds of med students in Starfleet Academy studying Kirk as Patient Zero to like 50 different STDs in the Federation.

(In case you couldn't guess, we've been watching Star Trek on Amazon Prime)

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

Last edited by sterlingice : 05-22-2020 at 09:20 AM.
sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 12:12 PM   #19635
miami_fan
Coordinator

If the number of houses handing out cups of wine to parents taking their kids trick or treating wasn’t a big enough sign, the number of wine and liquor boxes awaiting trash/recycling pickup over the last two months should be the clincher that my neighborhood is filled with heavy drinkers.
Old 05-22-2020, 02:28 PM   #19636
spleen1015
Coordinator

So, every night when I go to bed I can't help but think about my own death. It is something I just can't avoid.

Last night I was thinking about how unlucky I might be to have lived in this time period. If I look back 300-400 years, living has come a long way.

I'm disappointed I won't be alive in 2320.

Last edited by spleen1015 : 05-22-2020 at 02:29 PM.
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 02:41 PM   #19637
Kodos
Resident Alien

Maybe you'll be reincarnated.
Old 05-22-2020, 03:35 PM   #19638
AlexB
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
So, every night when I go to bed I can't help but think about my own death. It is something I just can't avoid.

Last night I was thinking about how unlucky I might be to have lived in this time period. If I look back 300-400 years, living has come a long way.

I'm disappointed I won't be alive in 2320.

At the pace of acceleration the same is true in 2120
AlexB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 04:21 PM   #19639
molson
General Manager

2019 may have been our peak as a species. Maybe we hit the sweet spot.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 05:59 PM   #19640
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
2019 may have been our peak as a species. Maybe we hit the sweet spot.

I think a lot of people would argue we veered into the wrong timeline around 2016

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 06:58 PM   #19641
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

I wonder what world figures like Napoleon thought about when they were taking a piss.
Old 05-23-2020, 07:48 PM   #19642
stevew
Hall Of Famer

What’s the deal with this painful urination?
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 10:42 PM   #19643
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
What’s the deal with this painful urination?

Frank Zappa- Why Does It Hurt When I Pee? - YouTube
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 07:50 PM   #19644
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Somebody f***ing stole 2 plastic chairs off my porch!
Old 05-24-2020, 08:18 PM   #19645
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post
Somebody f***ing stole 2 plastic chairs off my porch!

it was me. I'm sorry
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 04:56 PM   #19646
Atocep
Coordinator

I'm not sure there's a bigger emotional roller coaster than looking for a house.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 04:57 PM   #19647
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post
I'm not sure there's a bigger emotional roller coaster than looking for a house.

We lived with my in laws for 13 months looking for ours. I feel you
Old 05-25-2020, 05:40 PM   #19648
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:

IMO nothing compares to 9 months of pregnancy + first couple years.
Old 05-25-2020, 07:02 PM   #19649
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
IMO nothing compares to 9 months of pregnancy + first couple years.

So far that was a breeze compared to what we've gone through trying to buy a house.

The first house was turn key ready, we put a strong bid on it, and then lost due to the fact that we're using a VA loan and the listing agent doesn't like them. He recommended the sellers take a lesser offer. He also wouldn't take calls from the person doing our loan. He refused 3 calls and didn't respond to his text. In the end we lost out on a home we loved to less overall money.

2nd house house we bid on had been on the market for 45 days without a bid. We walked through and it wasn't turn key ready, but it also had more potential than the first. We put a bid that was a bit under the listed price and within a few hours a 2nd bid was in and they were trying to create a bidding war we weren't interested in so we walked away.

We're now on house number 3 and so far so good. We should know something definitively tonight or tomorrow morning. This house had someone back out sometime after the bid was accepted but before an inspection and the owners have already moved out of state. It sounds like they're anxious to close and we got an offer in a few hours after it went back on the market. If this one goes through then everything will have worked out because we all like this home better than the first. The house and property overall just have a ton of potential and it sits in a nice cul de sac in a great area.

Last edited by Atocep : 05-25-2020 at 07:02 PM.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 08:43 PM   #19650
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:

I feel your pain with this. I have absolutely hated house hunting throughout my adult life. Most times it was moving from one state to another or one country to another.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
We lived with my in laws for 13 months looking for ours. I feel you

I lived with MY mother for five months while we looked for our current house and that was too much. It was not even that we were antagonistic to each other or her to my wife or son. We both just love our own space.