Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-21-2020, 09:28 AM   #1
PilotMan
Head Coach

To All the Good Men

Happy Father's Day!

One of my good friend's fiance, just went into labor this morning, with their first kid, on her birthday! Imagine planning that?!

Anyway, there's a few Dads left in here. We work, we play, we share our lives. We love our kids, we try and do right by them to raise up to be good adults in a world that doesn't care. We laugh, we cry, we struggle, we fly. Here's to the Dads of FOFC; may each and every one of you have a fantastic day and get to revel in every moment of it with your kids and families.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2020, 09:38 AM   #2
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Happy Father's Day! I am officially doing nothing today, and it is fantastic.
GrantDawg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2020, 10:00 AM   #3
miami_fan
Coordinator

Happy Father's Day to the FOFC fathers and those who have taken on the role for those that needed you to be one.

So far today, my oldest sent me a video of him reading a original Father' Day poem while family photos played on the screen. My youngest has barred me from the grill today saying that he wants to handle it all.

Not a bad start to the day tbh.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2020, 10:34 AM   #4
Kodos
Resident Alien

Happy Father’s Day to my fellow dads.
Old 06-21-2020, 01:27 PM   #5
AnalBumCover
College Starter

A light breakfast in bed consisting of a short stack, some cantaloupe, and a cup of coffee. A nice kick-off to a good day. This afternoon will be a round of golf with my girl. Our first round back since the lockdown.

Happy Father's Day FOFC!
AnalBumCover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2020, 01:52 PM   #6
Thomkal
Head Coach

My Dad died several years ago, and not a Dad myself, but my heart goes out to all Dads on their biggest day of the year. Hope you all have a great, relaxing day!
Old 06-21-2020, 02:58 PM   #7
Butter
Coordinator

Second round of golf for us this year. First with one of my sons. The course near us is doing a great job with social distancing, the closest I get to a person is handing a credit card to someone with a mask through plexiglass.
Old 06-21-2020, 03:15 PM   #8
rjolley
College Starter

Happy Father's Day to all of the dads!
rjolley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2020, 03:18 PM   #9
PilotMan
Head Coach

My wife made me my favorite Cinnamon toast for breakfast. I played some cornhole in the backyard with my boys. I grilled up some pork chops and veggie kabobs while I had some beers. We managed to eat outside before a line of weather went through. Watching Spike Lee's The 5 Bloods now. Will have some snacks later, then go out and grab some ice cream treats to finish the day. It occurred to me today that this might be the final time the 5 of us are together for Fathers' Day for a while.

I think about my own Dad and my troubled relationship with him. How it's been years since I've seen him, and how our relationship has deteriorated. I think about how he failed as a grand parent and how my relationship with him has lead me through countless therapy sessions trying to seek his approval or the approval of other men in my life. I reflect on the things I missed not having him around, or as a major player in my life growing up and I reflect on the childhood that my boys have had with all those things and how it's going to impact their own lives as adults. I am proud that they will never know the struggles I had with my Dad. I am proud that they will know all the love, and the daily support that they had. I am hopeful that they will be the fathers for their own children that I have been for them, and that the cycle that I endured will be broken forever.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2020, 03:48 PM   #10
tarcone
Coordinator

Happy Fathers Day!

Daughters are both working. One is back in her college town. One is working here from 9:45 until 7 tonight. Did get a call from Riley. Nd Cori gave me a crad. Gifts are ordered and should be here this upcoming week. A fountain for my garden and a Smith and Wesson 9mm.

So my wife took me and her Dad and his GF to breakfast. We hung out then went and bought some stuff at Lowes to do some chores around the house.
I will greill some steak tonight.

The word is Fight! Fight! Fight! For Iowa

FOFC 30 Dollar Challenge Champion-OOTP '15
tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2020, 05:42 PM   #11
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Happy Father’s Day! Went to my parents and did a small backyard gathering with my folks and my in laws plus my sister and her kids. FIL grilled, kids swam, some drinks and ice cream cake. Mine and my nieces dogs played which was a riot watching them race around. Came home and took a nap. Wife now making dinner , eggplant parm, and we will probably go in the pool after. All in all a great day.
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2020, 05:51 PM   #12
BYU 14
Coordinator

Happy Fathers Day to all, hope y'all had a great day!
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2020, 08:08 PM   #13
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

My first, and it feels amazing!

Happy Father's Day to all the FOFC dads out there!
Vince, Pt. II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2020, 11:05 AM   #14
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

I'm thankful for being a dad, it really is what gets me through the day.

I'm also thankful for my dad, I'm not as close to my father-in-law, but he's a good man.

My father has guided me through much. We got word that he has a high probability of cancer again, so we're enjoying these days as best we can.
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote