Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > FOFC NCAA Football Online Dynasties
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-25-2008, 12:06 PM   #1
Kodos
Resident Alien

RFL 2008, Week 11 Preview/Results -- Deadline 9/30 (Tuesday) at 11 pm EST

Please note: Xbox Live is down for maintenance on Monday 9/29.

Here is this week's slate of games:

Here's how the Top 25 looks this week.

The standings through Week 11:

With season winding down, here are the remaining games for each team:

And finally, here is the BCS situation:

Last edited by Kodos : 09-29-2008 at 12:31 AM.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 12:46 PM   #2
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Pump, when can you play?

I am free today any time until 9, and then any time after 11.

I'll be gone Friday - early Sunday, and have a softball game at 10 Sunday night but basically any time between 3 - 8 on Sunday works.

Then of course XBL is down Monday, and I have class 6-10 Tuesday.

So yeah, sorry I got a lot going on, but I'll try working out something if these don't work.

I can probably get out of 9-11 tonight if needed.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 01:01 PM   #3
Galaxy
Coordinator

This week's Top 25 and the First BCS Rankings (1 through 17):
Attached Files
File Type: xls Top 25.xls (17.5 KB, 6 views)
Galaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 01:28 PM   #4
Galaxy
Coordinator

A non-BCS conference team needs to finish in the Top 12 to get an automatic bid, correct? Plus, it's the top four at-large teams that get BCS bids?

Last edited by Galaxy : 09-25-2008 at 01:38 PM.
Old 09-25-2008, 01:59 PM   #5
MacroGuru
Coordinator

I will try and play my game tonight, if not it will be tomorrow.

San Diego State is going down!
Old 09-25-2008, 03:13 PM   #6
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Blah! We had a good game going against Notre Dame, but I can't figure out why our team is decent in the first half, awful in the 2nd half EVERY TIME OUT.

Good game, Galaxy.
Old 09-25-2008, 03:20 PM   #7
Galaxy
Coordinator

Good game Fozzie. We took advantage of the turnovers, and played a methodical game. We have a nice piece of hardware to add to the trophy case.

It's nice to break our losing streak, and get back over .500 with a 5-4 record. The 40-29 victory gives me a nice shot in the arm. We got a bye next week, before we head to Georgia and USC in back-to-back road games. Hopefully we can get that sixth win (I prefer seven), get back to .500 this year, and hopefully go bowling.

Last edited by Galaxy : 09-25-2008 at 04:32 PM.
Old 09-25-2008, 04:09 PM   #8
bignej
High School JV

Ohio State defeats Northwestern 77-13. Great game all around and a chance to get some bench players some work. Next is a revenge game with Illinois followed by the big one with the state up north.
Old 09-25-2008, 07:02 PM   #9
MacroGuru
Coordinator

I am physically sick...I lost to SDSU 59 - 56 in OT, that hurt and for some reason was listed as a Rivalry game.

The pisser about it, almost every single one of my recruits were at this game.
Old 09-25-2008, 07:22 PM   #10
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacroGuru View Post
I am physically sick...I lost to SDSU 59 - 56 in OT, that hurt and for some reason was listed as a Rivalry game.

Flush those BCS Bowl dreams down the toliet. I know how you feel. We lost to Stanford (a rival) in OT, with a lot of recruits in town.
Old 09-25-2008, 07:40 PM   #11
Bigsmooth
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacroGuru View Post

Ooofff.....bummer, man.
Bigsmooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 09:57 PM   #12
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

Another one bites the dust....Clemson goes down in Tallahassee 28-23...no perfect season...no title game (most likely).....Oops...it's now 35-23, as FSU threw a TD to end the game instead of kneeling down..motherfuckers...I want another shot at them.
Old 09-25-2008, 09:59 PM   #13
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

PS...Drew Weatherford threw FIVE touchdowns.
Old 09-25-2008, 11:28 PM   #14
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Penn State roughed up Iowa in middle america. The defense scored a couple times and backup RB Riggs ran for over 200 yards and at least 10 yards per carry, if not 15. The final score was 52-24.
Old 09-25-2008, 11:55 PM   #15
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToxRox View Post
Pump, when can you play?

I am free today any time until 9, and then any time after 11.

I'll be gone Friday - early Sunday, and have a softball game at 10 Sunday night but basically any time between 3 - 8 on Sunday works.

Then of course XBL is down Monday, and I have class 6-10 Tuesday.

So yeah, sorry I got a lot going on, but I'll try working out something if these don't work.

I can probably get out of 9-11 tonight if needed.
Damn, I hadn't realized that everyone was done and the week advanced. Sorry! It's gonna have to be Sunday, probably around 6 or so. Shit, if I had known that the week was ready to go, I would've played you on Wednesday night. Ah, well!

Edit: Er, I'm confused. I guess I would've played you Thursday night after 11. Oops.

Last edited by Pumpy Tudors : 09-26-2008 at 12:00 AM.
Pumpy Tudors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 12:48 AM   #16
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors View Post
Damn, I hadn't realized that everyone was done and the week advanced. Sorry! It's gonna have to be Sunday, probably around 6 or so. Shit, if I had known that the week was ready to go, I would've played you on Wednesday night. Ah, well!

Edit: Er, I'm confused. I guess I would've played you Thursday night after 11. Oops.

Sunday at 6 is a date.
Old 09-26-2008, 12:53 AM   #17
Radii
Head Coach

*bangs head against wall*

I really need to get better at kicking field goals. For awhile I used to concede on 3rd down if a FG would be beneficial, and just run to get the ball in the middle of the field. I may need to start doing that again, I cannot seem to make anything longer than 30 yards if its not straight down the middle, and its cost me two games in a row now(videos uploading for writeup soon, wild ass game)

Last edited by Radii : 09-26-2008 at 12:54 AM.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 01:03 AM   #18
Bigsmooth
College Prospect

We pretty much manhandled the 8th ranked Sun Devils, 24-7, to remain undefeated. They couldn't do ANYTHING on offense. For some reason they were dead set on running the spread option with Lance Long aka Rudy Carpenter...(wtf...wierd shizz). This led to 8 sacks for the D and a monster game by DT Cam Elisara, 10 tackles and 3 sacks. On offense we rode freshman TE Kavario Middleton who had 93 yards and a TD.

I really don't see UCLA, Wazzu or Arizona beating us. Undefeated? Could UW really challenge for a National Title, throwing all realism out the window. Wait and see...
Bigsmooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 01:12 AM   #19
Radii
Head Coach

Georgia Tech traveled to North Carolina today, at 5-4,still needed one last win to become bowl eligible.

The game didn't start well as North Carolina put together a solid drive on their first posession to go up 7-0. The entire first half felt like it was all UNC, with us going 3 and out many times, and they getting 1 or 2 first downs before we'd manage a stop. But, down tli the final minute of the first half it remained 7-0 UNC, until we get a man outside on the option, with one man to beat and nothing but 80 yards of daylight ahead of him... instead of breaking the tackle, we fumble and UNC runs it back 20 yards for a touchdown.

14-0 UNC at the half. We missed a 41 yard FG midway through the 2nd half that would have, at the time, made it only 7-3.

We get back in the game on the 2nd play of the 2nd half:

14-7 UNC. After a North Caroilna field goal,we put together a 2nd solid drive, and only trail 17-14 entering the 4th quarter.

The 4th quarter was one of the craziest I've seen. Early in the 4th, we put together our 3rd solid drive of the half, and on 3rd and goal I throw a pass that gets jumped and intercepted, and returned 95ish yards for a touchdown. I could see the TD coming right when I pressed hte button, I was trying to force a TD way too hard, instead of settling for the game tying field goal.

Down 24-14 now, we get back in UNC territory but end up in a 4th and long situation. We try a 39 yard field goal from the right hash mark, and AGAIN I miss. Now we're down 24-14 with just ~2:45 to go. My defense holds, but I have to burn two time outs, and need to find a way to score twice in about 2:15 with 1 time out.

I end up driving down the field, but with about 1:15 to go, throw my SECOND INT right at the end zone. We bring down theircorner at the 1 yard line this time.

At this point our only hope is a safety, and hell, if we can get one, that INT is a blessing in disguise, allowing us to avoid the onside kick attempt. And, on 2nd down, hereit is:

24-16 UNC with almost exactly 1 minute to go. After fielding the free kick, we get down inside the UNC 20 in 3 plays.

That 16 yard TD pass makes it 24-22 UNC with 30 seconds left. I find my favorite type of play to go for 2, a play action pass with a TE or wing back breaking out into the flat late. I don't see anything else obviously open, and I throw to my intended target despite UNC being in a zone, hoping to get a missed tackleto get into the end zone.

aaaand, that's the ball game.

24-22 UNC.

We're 5-5, hosting Miami next week in our final game of the regular season.
Old 09-26-2008, 04:41 AM   #20
bignej
High School JV

Wow some tough losses this week. I love readings some of these recaps.
Old 09-26-2008, 07:12 AM   #21
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

So, now that I've had time to think about it, let me tell you about my game tonight.

It was a bitter pill to swallow. Eight rather easy wins had preceeded this game; A matchup with Florida State. A team with an average offense, but a pit bull defense. I jumped into the game expecting to have to claw a bit to create separation on the scoreboard. I expected drama not yet witnessed by me and my guys this season. What did I expected was to face a team that fast. And boy, were they fast!

My running game was my strength coming into the game. Hell, I had two game-breaking backs. One with great strength and great quickness, and one with average strength and startling quickness. Even after getting shredded for a TD on FSUs opening drive, I still felt confident. We would run wild, like we had in every game prior. This free-spirited running would, in turn, open up the passing game, giving my speedy receivers plenty of open field to run in.

This idea didn't immediately vanish, but rather slowly faded. As the game wore on, my offense slowed to a crawl. Instead of six and seven yard scampers, there were 2 and 3 yard brick wall punches. The Seminole defense seemed to gain speed with every possession.

I was even down 21-10 with a minute left in the first half, and the only thing that stayed my sanity was a hit on FSU QB Drew Weatherford that lead to an 80-yard fumble return touchdown by one of my hulking defensive lineman. Down 21-17 at the half...getting the opening kickoff to start the third quarter...The tide has seemingly turned in my favor. The planets had returned to their destined orbits.

The planets were not falling in line...not tonight....not against a Florida State team that had time-traveled back to the dominating days of the 1990's.

After an absolute jaw-dropper of a chess match, Florida State had the lead on us 28-23 with 1:40 left in the game. We had the ball at our own 25, and began climbing up the hill toward our perceived destiny..an undefeated season. Then, the speed of the FSU defense whispered in our ear, like an attorney telling a defendant to plead guilty. We were guilty of not being good enough tonight. The offensive line was guilty on a 3rd and 10 play at midfield with just over a minute left, when Cullen Harper tried to throw a screen pass to James Davis, only to retract the ball and take a twelve yard sack as soon as he felt a defensive end start to wrap him up.

4th and 22....not too many safety valves on a 4th and 22, which makes it so much harder....A shotgun snap, a brief roll out to the right side, and a 30 yard heave batted like an eyelash by two Florida State defensive backs.

The game was over. The dream was over.
Old 09-26-2008, 07:36 AM   #22
bignej
High School JV

Good write up and it makes me really feel for you. I just lost a offline dynasty game to Miami and was completely stunned.
Old 09-26-2008, 08:04 AM   #23
Radii
Head Coach

good writeup. As Ga Tech here and NCSU in the EBFL, I certainly feel your pain when it comes to Florida State. Speed really does kill, and they have tons of it, everywhere.
Old 09-26-2008, 10:19 AM   #24
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radii View Post
good writeup. As Ga Tech here and NCSU in the EBFL, I certainly feel your pain when it comes to Florida State. Speed really does kill, and they have tons of it, everywhere.

In EBFL my first game with Colorado after the new sliders were put in used vs FSU ...

Needless to say I lost 50-14.

That D of theirs is absurd.
Old 09-26-2008, 08:45 PM   #25
Galaxy
Coordinator

When does the Bowl Picture show up?

Dex, where exactly can I find the sliders (after the 2nd patch)?
Old 09-27-2008, 11:58 PM   #26
Kodos
Resident Alien

Finally got around to doing the standings:

Old 09-28-2008, 06:46 AM   #27
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

Fugg..it kills me to see that zero in my loss column, knowing how short the rest of it's life is.
Old 09-28-2008, 10:04 AM   #28
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

USC takes out the frustration from last week's loss with a 63-35 win over California in the highest scoring game I've been involved in with this version. We had 3 defensive touchdowns, 2 on picks, and 1 on a fumble return. They had 1 defensive touchdown on a fumble on a kickoff, and also got a very short field on from an interception.

Sanchez had 5 TD's on the day to lead our effort.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 11:11 AM   #29
Galaxy
Coordinator

So, with Pumpy and Dex to player later, we should be able to advance tonight.
Old 09-28-2008, 12:13 PM   #30
DeToxRox
Head Coach

I might not be able to do six today, so if so I'll just have Kodos autopilot me for Pumpy to play.
Old 09-28-2008, 01:34 PM   #31
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToxRox View Post
I might not be able to do six today, so if so I'll just have Kodos autopilot me for Pumpy to play.

WTF you jobless bum....get your games played
Old 09-28-2008, 02:44 PM   #32
Kodos
Resident Alien

IU extends their record to 10-0 as they defeated Wisconsin 27-6 in front of the home crowd. Go Hoosiers!
Old 09-28-2008, 06:42 PM   #33
Kodos
Resident Alien

Okay, Pumpy. Michigan has been set to autopilot.
Old 09-28-2008, 06:48 PM   #34
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

I'm gonna feel a little bad if I actually beat the CPU-controlled Wolverines, but I'll take what I can get. Should be able to advance in an hour or so, as I'm about to play right now.
Old 09-28-2008, 08:02 PM   #35
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Can't throw 6 interceptions and expect to win. Michigan 44, Minnesota 20. Oh, well!
Old 09-29-2008, 12:30 AM   #36
Kodos
Resident Alien

Final results for Week 11: