Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-28-2020, 08:10 PM   #30401
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
So going back to Hispanic voting for Biden, I'm at a bit of a loss why what's happening at the border hasn't caused it to be like 80%+ for Biden. The Border Wall is meant to keep out Hispanics more than any other race, and then families being seperated, and perhaps the horrible treatment of immigrants being held, so I am surprised that the number is so low. I know many Hispanics come from conservative evangelical families, but that can't be enough reason to supports Trump and Republicans can it?

You need to make a distinction between legal & illegal immigration. The wall is meant to keep out illegals (or at least sold that way) and it resonates with legal immigrants.

Legal immigrants are more in favor of reducing illegal immigration than the general public and they join the majority of Americans think legal immigration is good. I think its a matter of fairness.

There is a backlog of citizenship applications. There is a backlog of green card applications. Employment based green card is like 5 years. Another 5 years or so to become a citizen. So take care of everyone that is queued in line first (and everyone that starts queuing up in those 10 years).

I'd add that just because someone is anti-illegal immigration doesn't mean they support the poor treatment of illegals like long term separation of parents-kids.

Last edited by Edward64 : 10-28-2020 at 08:28 PM.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2020, 08:20 PM   #30402
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Swartz View Post
You've just described a scenario in which a portion of the electorate has strong pulls in both directions. Given that, it wouldn't surprise me to have them wind up on either side. There's also the fact that some immigrants actually are tougher on immigration than the general public - we've seen that demonstrated on this forum. So tbh, not really surprising at all to me. A lot of it is even in how you frame this; a lot of people who support the wall don't do so because it keeps out a certain race. There's more to it.

See above. Also, need to make a distinction between legal and illegal immigration.

If we are speaking about illegal immigration, plenty of countries want to kick out illegals. Note the US and Mexico rankings. I guess we can blame all of this on racism (except for nordic Sweden of course).

I am looking forward to Biden's immigration policies, I really hope it's holistic reform (e.g. DACA, work programs, encouraging highly educated etc.) and he gives it top attention for first 100 days. But wouldn't surprise me if he preferred to spend his political capital & goodwill on other programs (just like Obama in his first 2 years).

Last edited by Edward64 : 10-28-2020 at 08:43 PM.
Old 10-28-2020, 08:34 PM   #30403
Flasch186
Coordinator

Like figuring out how to undo all the pardon confetti thats about to get thrown about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 04:36 AM   #30404
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

I was wanting to make a video like this but now I don't have to because it's already made!

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=267632234667502
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 06:08 AM   #30405
tarcone
Coordinator

The local news just had a story about stores boarding up their windows over concerns of what might happen after the election. And a local company that specializes in boarding up windows said they were slammed.

What the hell is wrong with our country?

The word is Fight! Fight! Fight! For Iowa

FOFC 30 Dollar Challenge Champion-OOTP '15
tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 07:00 AM   #30406
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarcone View Post
The local news just had a story about stores boarding up their windows over concerns of what might happen after the election. And a local company that specializes in boarding up windows said they were slammed.

Too many left and right wing radicals.

I live in suburbia, deep in a subdivision so not personally worried (although I should get a refresher on GA "Castle Law"!).

I don't remember reading about boarding up or rioting concerns in Atlanta. So probably a regional thing?

Last edited by Edward64 : 10-29-2020 at 07:00 AM.
Old 10-29-2020, 01:34 PM   #30407
Izulde
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
There are a lot of people who have a "I got mine so fuck everyone else trying to get a piece of it" mentality. Hispanics probably aren't any different.

In fact, there's a running joke among my Latino and Hispanic friends that the second one makes $50k a year, they turn into Trump supporters.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 01:35 PM   #30408
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Jerry Falwell Jr. is suing Liberty University after his forced resignation over sex scandal

Quote:
Falwell took a leave of absence in early August after posting a vacation photo on Instagram in which his shirt was up and he was holding a glass of dark liquid. The image showed him standing next to a woman and his pants appeared to be unzipped.

He later deleted the post and apologized.

Falwell told WLNI talk radio in Lynchburg that the woman in the photo was pregnant and the jeans he was wearing didn't fit, leading to an awkward image.

"I had on a pair of jeans I hadn’t worn in a long time, so I couldn’t get mine zipped either," he said. "I just put my belly out like hers."

He apologized, however, for embarrassing the woman in the photo by posting it. He identified her only as his wife's assistant.

If the jeans didn't fit, you must acquit.
Old 10-29-2020, 02:38 PM   #30409
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post

He's also suing the Lincoln Project and I think his pool boy for their combined efforts in defaming him.
Old 10-29-2020, 02:39 PM   #30410
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

I'm sure he's got a job waiting for him at the new Trump Church which will surely be formed in a few months.
Old 10-29-2020, 03:37 PM   #30411
BillyMadison
High School Varsity

Here's a video of McConnell trying to troll Hillary Clinton today. What is their obsession with someone who holds no elected office and they beat in 2016? It's so creepy.

These people are fuckin' deranged.

https://twitter.com/drdesrochers/sta...777850368?s=20

Last edited by BillyMadison : 10-29-2020 at 03:37 PM.
BillyMadison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 05:57 PM   #30412
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarcone View Post

Walmart is doing the same.

FWIW, I've been to Walmart & Academy Sports and there is definitely a shortage of ammo.

Couldn't find 9mm or .223 calibers, just mostly shotgun shells, 22 and other exotic calibers.

Quote:
Walmart on Thursday said it has pulled guns and ammunition from the sales floors of its U.S. stores as it seeks to keep firearms from being stolen should social unrest erupt.

"We have seen some isolated civil unrest, and as we have done on several occasions over the last few years, we have moved our firearms and ammunition off the sales floor as a precaution for the safety of our associates and customers," a Walmart spokesperson said in an email to CBS MoneyWatch. "These items do remain available for purchase by customers."
Old 10-30-2020, 06:57 AM   #30413
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

On the one hand, this is truly repugnant, but I also think the more open Trump is about overriding the voters, the less likely SCOTUS will make those decisions.

Old 10-30-2020, 10:51 AM   #30414
miami_fan
Coordinator

https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/29/polit...ida/index.html

I guess this means we did in fact have a national COVID strategy.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2020, 05:19 PM   #30415
spleen1015
Coordinator

Sadly, we won't be rid of this asshole any time soon.

‘There Are No Boundaries’: Experts Imagine Trump’s Post-Presidential Life if He Loses - POLITICO
Old 10-30-2020, 07:07 PM   #30416
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

No. I would expect Trump to run again in 2024 unless he is charged and convicted of something. His ego is not going to let him leave the stage.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2020, 07:34 PM   #30417
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Trump may continue to campaign after Election Day if results are not finalized: report | TheHill

Bwahaha!
Old 10-30-2020, 08:37 PM   #30418
Swaggs
Coordinator

The Trumps learning that they can send out emails and hold rallies to “earn” money is why I’m worried we are going to have him and his children around for the next 20 years. Wait til they hear about megachurches.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2020, 06:51 AM   #30419
Flasch186
Coordinator

I have so many right winger friends who are now beginning to trickle out that they support Trump staying in office no matter then results that it truly is frightening what lengths they'll go to to ignore constitutional norms and American Democratic expectations for their demagogue.

Somehow all the while hanging onto Christian idealogues as well.

Unbelievable really.

Reminds me of the movie Us at the end. They'll never put the Red away.

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2020, 07:42 AM   #30420
spleen1015
Coordinator

It just goes to show you were we are as a society now. You see it in simple things through out your daily life. Trump has made it okay to 46% of the country to be an asshole, to not give a shit about anyone who disagrees with you or gets in your way. They were already this way and now the POTUS said it is ok.

So, now these jokers want to ignore our most important laws.
Old 10-31-2020, 08:14 AM   #30421
GrantDawg

To qoute myself from the other thread:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
I was listening to a podcast with Stuart Stevens and Steve Schmidt. Both Republicans working hard to defeat Trump. When asked when they believed the GOP will once again be the non-Trump party, Stevens said it will be after he dies. Schmidt said it would at the earliest be 12 years. The party has completely sold itself to a base that has no interest in ever being what it once was. Schmidt said he once held out hope someone like Nikki Hailey could turn the party around, but she like every other possible moderating hope sold out completely to Trump. There are very few states were an anti-Trump Republican could win a nomination. Even the few moderate governors in purplish states that have stood up to Trump, they have lost control of their local party. Schmidt said they aren't even allowed to name their state party chair, which governors normally do.

Even if we say Trump's 40% drops to 30% post blow-out loss, that will still be somewhere in the neighborhood of 65-75% of the Republican party full-on Trumpian. They are not going away, but hopefully we keep seeing them get weaker and weaker.
Trumpism is not going away. Even with a landslide loss here, the GOP is going to be completely controlled by Trump and his people for many years to come.
Old 10-31-2020, 08:27 AM   #30422
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flasch186 View Post
I have so many right winger friends who are now beginning to trickle out that they support Trump staying in office no matter then results that it truly is frightening what lengths they'll go to to ignore constitutional norms and American Democratic expectations for their demagogue.

Unbelievable really.

I don't know why we should still be surprised. His supporters have looked the other way, made excuses, or downright cheered his flaunting of our laws and norms. Countless violations of the Hatch Act, Emoluments clause, using EO to try and craft policy, etc...The problem is they dont care that he breaks the laws because they dont think they should apply to him.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2020, 08:47 AM   #30423
Thomkal
Head Coach

Happy National Day of Remembrance for Americans killed by Illegal Aliens, 2020! Yes the White House sent out a press release for it
Old 10-31-2020, 09:16 AM   #30424
Comey
College Starter

I guess this has been a thing for 11 years...but I'm guessing this is the first time the White House has acknowledged it.

Comey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2020, 09:33 AM   #30425
spleen1015
Coordinator

Is that really the name of it?

I look forward to Happy Day of Remembrance for Americans killed by Donald, I mean COVID Day!
Old 10-31-2020, 09:56 AM   #30426
Kodos
Resident Alien

Ugh. This presidency has lasted for 1,000 pages now.
Old 10-31-2020, 10:11 AM   #30427
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Yeah, that can just go ahead and go away. Get rid of that nonsense (I was speaking about the Remembrance Day and not the Trump Presidency, but that, too)

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

Last edited by sterlingice : 10-31-2020 at 10:12 AM.
sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2020, 11:37 AM   #30428
whomario
Pro Starter

This is the origin of it btw:

The Remembrance Project – A voice for victims killed by illegal aliens

The Remembrance Project | Southern Poverty Law Center

Important to notice that these ideas of the Admin almost always come down to him embracing some organisation or other reading about them on Twitter or seeing a representative or sth on FOX. Then keeps it in his pocket till he needs them (notice the project website still has it as a petition and for first Sunday in Nov)
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”

Last edited by whomario : 10-31-2020 at 11:41 AM.
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2020, 11:48 AM   #30429
cuervo72
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
Trump has made it okay to 46% of the country to be an asshole, to not give a shit about anyone who disagrees with you or gets in your way.

That's it, really. Free rein to be assholes.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...2020-election/

Quote:
“I like him,” Annie said. “He’s not like the other ones. He says what’s on his mind, and if you don’t like it, you can stick it.” And this time her glance said, That goes for you, too, Writer Boy.

I pointed out that Trump had no experience. Annie nodded as if it were her point. “I like that. He’s a business guy. He’ll shake things up, kick over a few apple carts.”

Just get pleasure in fucking up other peoples' apple carts.
Old 10-31-2020, 11:53 AM   #30430
Ironhead
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuervo72 View Post
That's it, really. Free rein to be assholes.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...2020-election/

Just get pleasure in fucking up other peoples' apple carts.

I always thought this quote from a supporter was revealing:

“I voted for him, and he’s the one who’s doing this,” Minton told Mazzei. “I thought he was going to do good things. He’s not hurting the people he needs to be hurting.”

A Trump voter hurt by the shutdown’s incredibly revealing quote - Vox

Last edited by Ironhead : 10-31-2020 at 11:54 AM.
Ironhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2020, 12:03 PM   #30431
cuervo72
Head Coach

Yep, I remember that one too.
Old 10-31-2020, 01:25 PM   #30432
Thomkal
Head Coach

Sadly the left is not immune to conspiracy theories, USA Today and others had to do a story that no there was no body double for Melania Trump on the campaign trail
Old 10-31-2020, 03:06 PM   #30433
Atocep
Coordinator

I'm standing in Target wondering what the overlap is between Trump supporters and people wearing their mask under their nose.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2020, 03:31 PM   #30434
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flasch186 View Post

Unbelievable really.

Fascists never change.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2020, 06:16 PM   #30435
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhead View Post
I always thought this quote from a supporter was revealing:

“I voted for him, and he’s the one who’s doing this,” Minton told Mazzei. “I thought he was going to do good things. He’s not hurting the people he needs to be hurting.”

A Trump voter hurt by the shutdown’s incredibly revealing quote - Vox

The Atlantic with an article a while ago that hit on it: The Cruelty Is the Point - The Atlantic

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2020, 07:25 PM   #30436
Edward64
Head Coach

#istandwithfrance

Dangerous times ahead for Macron and France. I wish he had a more reliable partner in the US.

Support your freedom of speech/expression stance but also support Muslim countries being outraged and boycotting French stuff. Tough situation for sure.
Old 10-31-2020, 08:55 PM   #30437
thesloppy
Pro Starter

I feel like I've posted something like this before??

Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2020, 09:12 PM   #30438
Atocep
Coordinator

If Biden wins he should declare them an anarchist campaign.
Old 11-01-2020, 03:38 AM   #30439
whomario
Pro Starter

Twitter

Quote:
Trump's pandemic advisor Scott Atlas touts his own appearance on the Russian media outlet RT.

The piece begins with anti-American propaganda: "With two days to go before an election in a country which has been militarily involved in 98% of all countries on earth....."

"...having invaded 84 of the UN's 193 countries."

That is the intro to Scott's segment.

So now we've literally got the White House making guest appearances in Russian propaganda flicks. Not tricked, Rudy-style — willingly, and boasting about it on twitter.

"Russian media outlet" is also quite neutrally put, this is essentially Putins foreign propaganda outlet
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”

Last edited by whomario : 11-01-2020 at 03:46 AM.
Old 11-01-2020, 04:43 AM   #30440
spleen1015
Coordinator

He's not Trump's fault. He didn't pay the bus company and they didn't show. That's on the bus company.
Old 11-01-2020, 06:15 AM   #30441
Edward64
Head Coach

Great response but I'd give the round to the video & tweet being more galvanizing.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/31/polit...ers/index.html
Quote:
Trump tweeted a video of the caravan surrounding the Biden bus with the caption, "I LOVE TEXAS!"

Biden spokesman Bill Russo responded to Trump's tweet by pointing to reports that Trump's campaign was not prepared to shuttle attendees who had been bused to a rally at a Pennsylvania airport back afterward, leading to a chaotic situation with Trump's supporters walking across roads to cars parked miles away.

"For the second time in a week your campaign has left your supporters stranded in the cold with no transportation at one of your superspreader rallies," Russo said on Twitter. "Maybe you should spend more time worried about those buses than ours."
Old 11-01-2020, 06:51 AM   #30442
Edward64
Head Coach

I know Fauci has been under attack but I don't get his public dissent now which essentially let's Trump add fuel to the fire for his base.

He should just keep quiet until after the elections. If asked, just say "no comment for now but am looking forward to sharing my thoughts later". If and after a Biden win, say anything he wants.
Old 11-01-2020, 08:36 AM   #30443
GrantDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
I know Fauci has been under attack but I don't get his public dissent now which essentially let's Trump add fuel to the fire for his base.

He should just keep quiet until after the elections. If asked, just say "no comment for now but am looking forward to sharing my thoughts later". If and after a Biden win, say anything he wants.
Maybe it just came down to he couldn't live with himself if he didn't speak up before the election.
Old 11-01-2020, 09:07 AM   #30444
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:

Guess The Hatch Act should only apply to people supporting trump...
Old 11-01-2020, 09:25 AM   #30445
PilotMan
Head Coach

I mean, trump has been talking all kinds of shit about Fauci (personally, professionally, and his knowledge and experience) for weeks, but sure, Fauci is the one playing politics with the Covid.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2020, 09:33 AM   #30446
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
I mean, trump has been talking all kinds of shit about Fauci (personally, professionally, and his knowledge and experience) for weeks, but sure, Fauci is the one playing politics with the Covid.

Lets also not forget the Trump campaign used Faucis words out of context in a political ad without his permission.
Old 11-01-2020, 10:24 AM   #30447
whomario
Pro Starter

Quote:

There are lives at stake and Trump is having his attack dog 'scientist' spouting nonsense, lies about both the nature of the pandemic and the response to it. Fauci is an infectious disease specialist seeing that as a big fucking problem. If you don't get how one (the President and his 'advisors' misleading the public and undermining Public Health response) begets the other (Fauci 'dissenting') you have to stop and think again.

And btw: The biggest problem is not Scientists or other Experts thinking lockdowns are terrible and hurt people (they do !) or disagreeing on issues. It is backing that believe with bullshit, lies and omissions.

If i see one more Scientist or Expert or Doctor from a relevant field (say Economics, Pediatricians, Psychologists etc) wade into the discussion with their 'facts' on topics they know little about i am going to vomit. They should make the case about, say, psychlogical and economic impact, not on wether or not the CDC counte deaths correctly, the virus is petering out or if masks are good or not.

Why the fuck is a Neuroradiologist in charge of being the sole arbitrator of what's important or good (or not) during a Public Health emergency caused by a virus ?

Last edited by whomario : 11-01-2020 at 10:33 AM.
Old 11-01-2020, 10:34 AM   #30448
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

I can see the don't add fuel to the fire argument for primarily political operators, but it shouldn't apply to medical professionals. Their job is to call it as they see it, not worry about how it will impact Trump's base.
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2020, 12:51 PM   #30449
Atocep
Coordinator

Trump supporters showed up to William Barr's house to protest the fact that he hasn't locked up Joe Biden yet.

We're nearly guaranteed to see serious violence if Trump loses and Trump is going to stoke that violence as much as he can. It's going to be interesting to see how the rest of the GOP in Washington handles it.
Old 11-01-2020, 12:55 PM   #30450
wustin
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post
Trump supporters showed up to William Barr's house to protest the fact that he hasn't locked up Joe Biden yet.

We're nearly guaranteed to see serious violence if Trump loses and Trump is going to stoke that violence as much as he can. It's going to be interesting to see how the rest of the GOP in Washington handles it.

evoke the greatest excuse of all

whataboutism
wustin is offline   Reply With Quote