Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-17-2023, 01:07 PM   #25101
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_fan View Post
I am surprised how many businesses still have customer service phone lines and the like in-house. Many have gone to third party companies which put you through the twenty line annoying script/checklist before they start addressing your issue. Going to the business in person, sending an email or text, even the chat service are all preferred methods of communication that calling them.

Those that don't generally don't get my business unless my situation is truly desperate. You pretty much either answer the phone or you don't exist to me.
Old 05-17-2023, 01:33 PM   #25102
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Those that don't generally don't get my business unless my situation is truly desperate. You pretty much either answer the phone or you don't exist to me.
Cool. I rarely answer my work phone (because you know, I'm working), but I return messages. Texting is always best. People who get dirty for a living don't have time to answer every phone call.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2023, 01:34 PM   #25103
GrantDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post
In today's episode of Damn, we old, Leroy Jenkins is 18.
No he is not, he is 5....oh. you are talking about the video not my puppy.
Old 05-17-2023, 01:49 PM   #25104
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
Cool. I rarely answer my work phone (because you know, I'm working), but I return messages. Texting is always best. People who get dirty for a living don't have time to answer every phone call.

I leave a message (since you generally don't know someone doesn't answer until they don't answer). The callback rate is so low around here that I just start looking for the next option.
Old 05-17-2023, 06:55 PM   #25105
sovereignstar v2
hates iowa

Uh, who was getting all those brassiere ads? Cause I am totally not seeing those on my favorite other forum.
sovereignstar v2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2023, 07:45 PM   #25106
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

There is a girl in my town who went missing this afternoon, she is a grade level lower than my son. He knows her. One of his best friends plays soccer with her. The community is pretty shook. Lots of facebook shares, etc...the PD just announced they are searching a state park close to her house. That seems really ominous.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2023, 10:53 PM   #25107
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

I saw my favorite recreation band tonight. Was amazing. FOr those that like progressive rock, It was The Musical Box, a Genesis re-creation band. And they did the ENTIRETY of The Lamb Lies DOwn On Boradway album complete with sets and costumes like the original show.
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2023, 01:19 PM   #25108
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

We are having a potluck thing in my office next week. And someone decided that an ongoing reply all email thread with the entire office was the best way to keep track of who is bringing what dish. This is a circle of hell.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2023, 01:34 PM   #25109
cuervo72
Head Coach

you should bring ambrosia
Old 05-18-2023, 01:43 PM   #25110
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

When I worked at AIG, they accidentally sent out an HR email to the entire workforce and we had to endure about 3 days of hundreds of reply all messages that were either "I don't think this was supposed to be sent to me" or "quit replying all." It was unbelievable.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2023, 02:48 PM   #25111
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
When I worked at AIG, they accidentally sent out an HR email to the entire workforce and we had to endure about 3 days of hundreds of reply all messages that were either "I don't think this was supposed to be sent to me" or "quit replying all." It was unbelievable.

I LOVE when that happens.

The most recent one wasn't a "reply all" issue, the state bar created some kind of Outlook contact group, so it wasn't that people were replying all, they were just replying to that group. So we had an extra few dozen emails trying to explain that. And then a few people recognized the hilarity of the whole situation and started introducing themselves and sharing their hobbies and interests.

Every few months I think about starting that whole thing up again.

Last edited by molson : 05-18-2023 at 02:54 PM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2023, 03:24 PM   #25112
Edward64
Head Coach

This is cool.

Hope it's as good as I imagine it to be.

Just a moment...
Quote:
Two former Magic Leap employees have teamed up to create Spacetop, a $2,000 laptop that ditches the traditional screen and instead uses its own augmented reality glasses to create a 100-inch virtual display.

Last edited by Edward64 : 05-18-2023 at 03:27 PM.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2023, 03:47 PM   #25113
Edward64
Head Coach

I will have to try this ...

Dr Pepper Float ice cream now exists | CNN Business
Quote:
Two iconic Texas brands have come together to create a Dr Pepper Float ice cream.

The soda company is partnering with Blue Bell Creameries to create the flavor, which mixes together vanilla ice cream and a Dr Pepper-flavored sherbet.
It’s available beginning Thursday in pint and half-gallon sizes at stores where Blue Bell is sold, the company announced.

“The best ice cream floats are made with Dr Pepper poured over a few scoops of Blue Bell,” said Jimmy Lawhorn, Blue Bell vice president of sales and marketing, said in a release.

Last edited by Edward64 : 05-18-2023 at 03:47 PM.
Old 05-18-2023, 04:03 PM   #25114
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuervo72 View Post

Or hemlock

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2023, 07:08 PM   #25115
Ghost Econ
College Prospect

Quote:

I'll bring Player.
Ghost Econ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2023, 07:43 PM   #25116
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
I LOVE when that happens.

The most recent one wasn't a "reply all" issue, the state bar created some kind of Outlook contact group, so it wasn't that people were replying all, they were just replying to that group. So we had an extra few dozen emails trying to explain that. And then a few people recognized the hilarity of the whole situation and started introducing themselves and sharing their hobbies and interests.

Every few months I think about starting that whole thing up again.

I remember when I worked for Progressive, a rather large company, someone sent out this rambling email a couple days before Thanksgiving about the true meaning and origin of the holiday. I wrote a friend who works for corporate communications and asked him if it came from them, he was like, F-no. Best part was the guy who sent it got the address list from a company wide message a few days earlier from the CEO about someone who had died.
Old 05-18-2023, 09:06 PM   #25117
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:

Old 05-19-2023, 09:02 AM   #25118
Ghost Econ
College Prospect

I'm glad people can't read minds in real life. The jokes I think of would have gotten me canceled so long ago.
Old 05-19-2023, 02:37 PM   #25119
GrantDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Econ View Post
I'm glad people can't read minds in real life. The jokes I think of would have gotten me canceled so long ago.
You are not alone. I can get into some pretty morbid humor.
Old 05-21-2023, 09:23 PM   #25120
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

PBR World Finals coverage provided one of the greatest accents I've ever heard.
Translator for a young Brazilian gave the rider the question then repeated the answer back to the interviewer ... in what I can only describe as "a Brazilian who learned English from a Texan"

It was like you could hear both accents at the same time, it was fantastic
Old 05-22-2023, 01:20 AM   #25121
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
You are not alone. I can get into some pretty morbid humor.

did somebody say abortion?
Old 05-22-2023, 01:45 AM   #25122
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
So it was weird. First off it gave me a massive headache.

It wasn't like in a show or the movies. There was no "follow this watch"

The therapist came highly recommended from a trusted source. I did it because I at times make impulsive decisions that aren't always healthy for me. Nothing dire, but enough of a pattern I wanted to address it.

It took an hour, which flew by, and I was definitely in and out of consciousness. It was more like meditation where he basically inserted a place in my subconscious that I can access when I need to.

so did the hypnosis work? Have you stopped doing the thing?
Old 05-22-2023, 06:23 AM   #25123
Kodos
Resident Alien

He is still lord of the manor.
Old 05-22-2023, 07:31 AM   #25124
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

I know I started this in the pro wrestling thread, but last night was the night of the Fozzy concert. Opening band was Pistols at Dawn and they were actually really good. Venue was near empty so the kids were able to see the stage really well. My four year old learned how to throw up horns during this part of the show and put them up throughout the rest of the concert.

The second act was Fozzy which is why we were here. Fozzy was alright. Jericho’s microphone was turned WAY down compared to the other bands, but probably for good reason. The venue was much more packed then earlier and the kids couldn’t see so I put them on my shoulders in alternating fashion…..but that wasn’t working for the four year old who was scared up there so I had to hold him up. Considering he weighs as much as my seven year old, I wasn’t able to hold him up for as long as the one that was willing to sit on my shoulders.

Big event in a kids life: Chris Jericho bent down, pointed at my seven year old, and then waved at him. It was a pretty awesome thing to do and he’s still talking about it today.

The headlining act was Ugly Kid Joe and not only were they incredible live (never been a big fan of their studio stuff), but the lead singer Whitfield Crane noticed my seven year old and asked for his name early in the set. He then involved him in basically the entire show. He had him lead the crowd in clapping and swaying multiple times, he dedicated a song to me and my son (Cats in the Cradle), he put him in song lyrics (“I hate every about you…but [my sons name]). He finished the night by thanking the crowd, thanking my son, and telling my son that his dad is awesome. It was incredible.

On the way out pretty much everyone recognized my son and called him by name and wanted a fist bump. He says he was the star of the show and calls it the best day ever. Was a really good night and Ugly Kid Joe really did something they didn’t have to do and made an experience we will never forget.

Last edited by dubb93 : 05-22-2023 at 11:01 AM.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2023, 07:34 AM   #25125
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

DOLA: I’m looking for a recording of the concert so if anyone comes across Ugly Kid Joe Indianapolis send me a PM.
Old 05-22-2023, 07:39 AM   #25126
Ksyrup

That's cool. I saw them way back in the day (when they were popular) opening for Scatterbrain somewhere in Tampa or Orlando. UKJ was pretty unremarkable as I (don't really) remember, but I remember that night because Scatterbrain was one of the wildest shows I've ever seen.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 05-22-2023, 07:41 AM   #25127
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Should be on youtube and that is an awesome story. I had no clue they were even together anymore. I actually really like their music and saw them live a couple times. Once with Def Leppard and once with Ozzy and they were great. We took my daughter to a concert last week, The Interrupters. The lead singer Aimee Interrupter pointed and waved at my daughter and they gave her a guitar pick. She was ecstatic.
Old 05-22-2023, 07:48 AM   #25128
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
That's cool. I saw them way back in the day (when they were popular) opening for Scatterbrain somewhere in Tampa or Orlando. UKJ was pretty unremarkable as I (don't really) remember, but I remember that night because Scatterbrain was one of the wildest shows I've ever seen.

Scatterbrain were awesome. I can't imagine them live. Mr. Johnson and the Juice Crew, Hey Dude Don't Call Me Dude, et...
Old 05-22-2023, 07:57 AM   #25129
Ksyrup

It was a perfect pairing of comic/metal bands on a bill. The whole show was wild but for the encore, Scatterbrain came out dressed as nuns playing Girls Girls Girls, several strippers showed up on stage out of nowhere, and Tommy Christ grabbed onto part of the ceiling and started swinging while two guys pulled up his dress to reveal a large fake penis and sprayed most of the crowd with milk.
Old 05-22-2023, 07:58 AM   #25130
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

lol. Sounds like a GWAR show.
Old 05-22-2023, 08:14 AM   #25131
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

so...this is music?
Old 05-22-2023, 08:46 AM   #25132
Ksyrup

Don't Call Me Dude was there big "hit" but I always loved Down with the Ship.

Old 05-22-2023, 08:56 AM   #25133
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

oh good they can get sued by everyone at once
Old 05-22-2023, 01:29 PM   #25134
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
I had no clue they were even together anymore

This is their first US tour in something like 25, maybe 27 years? Something close to that. He mentioned it during the show, but I can’t quite remember the exact number. It was kind of funny that when he said it the crowd yelled back, “WE KNOW!”
Old 05-24-2023, 12:16 AM   #25135
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Finally went into urgent care and was able to get a shot for a terrible poison ivy outbreak. I know others have it far worse but after several days my chest would not stop itching. Thankfully I can just throw on long sleeves and hide the gore.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2023, 05:46 PM   #25136
Edward64
Head Coach

According to Yelp

Access to this page has been denied
Quote:
The No. 1 burger spot on the list was Fox Bros. Bar-B-Q, a Texas-inspired barbecue spot in Atlanta, Georgia.
Old 05-24-2023, 05:51 PM   #25137
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post

Wait ... WHAT?

And why does the "writer" even TRY to write the "article" with a straight face given the situation?

edit to add: and that's without even addressing the absurdity of Fox Bros making a burger list ANYWHERE

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 05-24-2023 at 05:51 PM.
JonInMiddleGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2023, 06:01 PM   #25138
Edward64
Head Coach

Never tried them.

I assume you have ... and found them not worthy?
Old 05-24-2023, 06:31 PM   #25139
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

puff pastry is what satan does to food
Old 05-24-2023, 06:56 PM   #25140
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
Never tried them.

I assume you have ... and found them not worthy?

Just another overrated bbq joint afaic. As _bbq joint burgers_ go, it's above average or better, I don't have a problem giving it that. But there's way too many burgers around that can exceed that bar.
Old 05-24-2023, 06:56 PM   #25141
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

As the offspring headed out to make a drivethru run before playoff hockey viewing, I fell into the rabbit hole of "things that USED to be really good"

1) Filet-O-Fish
2) Dairy Queen fish sandwich
3) Wendy chicken sandwich, add cheese

That last one was, hands down, THE most enjoyable chicken sandwich to me ever ... but man oh man are we decades remove from any of those feeling like an attractive option.

We're talking "yes, Wendy's used to have a pretty good salad bar, that was a real thing" years ago.
Old 05-24-2023, 07:11 PM   #25142
GrantDawg

Quote:
Just another overrated bbq joint afaic. As _bbq joint burgers_ go, it's above average or better, I don't have a problem giving it that. But there's way too many burgers around that can exceed that bar.
Fox Brother's sauce is excellent. I can just about drink their vinegar-based sauce. I think their actual BBQ was solid but not spectacular. I have never had their burger, and really doubt I would when they have good meat options.
Old 05-24-2023, 07:12 PM   #25143
GrantDawg

Quote:
As the offspring headed out to make a drivethru run before playoff hockey viewing, I fell into the rabbit hole of "things that USED to be really good"

1) Filet-O-Fish
2) Dairy Queen fish sandwich
3) Wendy chicken sandwich, add cheese

That last one was, hands down, THE most enjoyable chicken sandwich to me ever ... but man oh man are we decades remove from any of those feeling like an attractive option.

We're talking "yes, Wendy's used to have a pretty good salad bar, that was a real thing" years ago.
Wendy' in general was very good in the salad bar days.
Old 05-24-2023, 07:16 PM   #25144
miami_fan
Coordinator

The demise of the Filet O Fish is one of the greatest tragedy in fast food history. From saving Mcdonald's Fridays during Lent when I was a kid to being the perfect alternative to another Taco Bell run after a night of drinking, the Filet O Fish never did me wrong. I had one maybe eight or nine years ago and it was absolutely trash.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2023, 07:57 PM   #25145
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I can just about drink their vinegar-based sauce.

Not a vinegar guy as a general rule so I'll leave that to you. And their meat suffers with me from the jump simply by their heavy beef rather than pork focus.
Old 05-25-2023, 04:45 AM   #25146
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Wendy' in general was very good in the salad bar days.

oh man that salad bar...

my goto is still the spicy chicken sandwich but I agree....so many places have gone downhill.

It's gotten like Denny's. YOu have to find the GOOD wendy's
Old 05-25-2023, 02:56 PM   #25147
Ghost Econ
College Prospect

I get 2-3 spam calls a day from Indian call centers. I keep wanting to get their thoughts on the IPL cricket season because I have no one to talk about it with, but it just feels too racist.

Last edited by Ghost Econ : 05-25-2023 at 02:57 PM.
Old 05-25-2023, 08:17 PM   #25148
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Filet-o-Fish was never good, you guys.
flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2023, 08:03 AM   #25149
Critch
lolzcat

Have you ever noticed how much warmer you feel just by putting on a pair of socks? They only cover a small part of your body, but they provide a huge boost to your toasty coefficient.
Critch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2023, 11:08 AM   #25150
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by flere-imsaho View Post
Filet-o-Fish was never good, you guys.

THANK YOU! SSOMEONE had to say it