Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-22-2008, 01:27 PM   #251
KWhit
Coordinator

Nice to see the first Republican cross the aisle to support our fine bill. Thank you.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 01:27 PM   #252
chesapeake
College Starter

My colleagues:

We live in a world that has wolves. And those wolves have to be stopped by men with guns. Who's gonna do it? You, St. Cronin?

The Democratic Party uses words like honor, code, loyalty...we use these words as the backbone to a life spent defending something. Republicans use 'em as a punchline.

I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a party that rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom we legislate, then questions the bills in which we provide it! I'd rather you just said thank you and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon and stand guard yourself.

Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you're entitled to!

VOTE YES FOR NATIONAL WOLF SECURITY BILL
chesapeake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 01:28 PM   #253
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrith View Post
There should be a crib in every house and a gun in every crib and I believe st.cronin is the man to get us there!

This should tell us all that we need to know and exactly why Chubby is the person we want, no the person we NEED to have that job. He has the country's best interest at heart and will lead us to a better and more unified future.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 01:30 PM   #254
chesapeake
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
This should tell us all that we need to know and exactly why Chubby is the person we want, no the person we NEED to have that job. He has the country's best interest at heart and will lead us to a better and more unified future.

Plus, I hear he keeps a gun in his crib.
Old 07-22-2008, 01:35 PM   #255
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Vote to Pass National Wolf Security Bill
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 01:44 PM   #256
KWhit
Coordinator

Have the Reps chosen a liason yet? We're working on choosing ours now. If we can get that done, you guys will be able to PM back and forth today.
Old 07-22-2008, 01:46 PM   #257
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Yeah, we've chosen one.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 01:46 PM   #258
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by chesapeake View Post
My colleagues:

We live in a world that has wolves. And those wolves have to be stopped by men with guns. Who's gonna do it? You, St. Cronin?

The Democratic Party uses words like honor, code, loyalty...we use these words as the backbone to a life spent defending something. Republicans use 'em as a punchline.

I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a party that rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom we legislate, then questions the bills in which we provide it! I'd rather you just said thank you and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon and stand guard yourself.

Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you're entitled to!

VOTE YES FOR NATIONAL WOLF SECURITY BILL

This thread needs more Nathan Jessup.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 01:50 PM   #259
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

As a centrist, I am looking forward to a republican seer bill hopefully being submitted for vote. I think that in the best interests of the nation and my constintuancy, having a bodguard and seer is win/win for everyone but the wolves.
Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 01:51 PM   #260
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

VOTE ST. CRONIN FOR SPEAKER
Vote to Pass National Wolf Security Bill

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 01:57 PM   #261
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

vote to Pass National Wolf Security Bill
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 01:58 PM   #262
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

vote to Pass National Wolf Security Bill
jeheinz72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 02:00 PM   #263
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

While I always look to further the ideals of my centrist constituents I'm not sure I can support someone leaning as democrat as Representative Chubby does.

My mind is, however, not fully decided.

Before coming to my conclusion, I would love to hear from some of our Democrat bretheren about how they came to choose Chubby as their primary candidate for the position of Speaker of this fine House of Representatives.
Old 07-22-2008, 02:04 PM   #264
Tyrith
College Starter

I, Tyrith, the gun loving leader of the Congressional Republics, submit to you this bill for your consideration -

NATIONAL WOLF DISCOVERY BILL

Co-Sponsors: illinifan999 and Mrs. Schmidty

We create a seer role to be given to a random non-wolf member of this Congress, to have the ability once per year, at night, to select a member of Congress and determine whether or not they are a member of the Wolf Party. The name of the person to be scanned should be given to the moderator before the night deadline. If this person should discover a wolf they shall have a 25% chance of having evidence enough to immediately censure that wolf and remove them from the game.

Further, if this seer is attacked at night by the wolves, he shall have a 25% chance of avoiding political death and remaining in the game, although he shall not learn the identity of his attacker.
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 02:04 PM   #265
KWhit
Coordinator

While I am not known for my bipartisanship, I supported Chubby because I know that the role of Speaker must be held by someone who is not afraid to work with the other party to get things done. I felt that Chubby's centrist leanings would garner him support from the middle, allowing all of Congress to work together to eliminate the Wolf threat.
Old 07-22-2008, 02:05 PM   #266
Tyrith
College Starter

Dola, going to reformat.

I, Tyrith, the gun loving leader of the Congressional Republics, submit to you this bill for your consideration -

Co-Sponsors: illinifan999 and Mrs. Schmidty

We create a seer role to be given to a random non-wolf member of this Congress, to have the ability once per year, at night, to select a member of Congress and determine whether or not they are a member of the Wolf Party. The name of the person to be scanned should be given to the moderator before the night deadline. If this person should discover a wolf they shall have a 25% chance of having evidence enough to immediately censure that wolf and remove them from the game.

Further, if this seer is attacked at night by the wolves, he shall have a 25% chance of avoiding political death and remaining in the game, although he shall not learn the identity of his attacker.
Old 07-22-2008, 02:05 PM   #267
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Hey demmycrats -- I've been chosen as the Liaison to your party. Since CR is out to lunch, I believe that whoever is selected as the other Liaison can start PMing me.
Old 07-22-2008, 02:06 PM   #268
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit View Post
While I am not known for my bipartisanship, I supported Chubby because I know that the role of Speaker must be held by someone who is not afraid to work with the other party to get things done. I felt that Chubby's centrist leanings would garner him support from the middle, allowing all of Congress to work together to eliminate the Wolf threat.

So then, I'd ask of both you and Representative Chubby, why should I cross this party line? How will my constituents benefit, exactly, from his being our Speaker?

I see you've nominated him in order to garner my support, but you'll have to tell me fine sir, what does my support for your candidate achieve for my district?
Old 07-22-2008, 02:07 PM   #269
Tyrith
College Starter

I can't support something as far to the left as the Wolf Security bill, as good as it may be for us all -- my people would kill me. However, if it passes I will not feel bad about it.

But for the Wolf Discovery Bill, let's find those wolves and USE OUR GUNS TO KILL THEM ALL! YEEHAW!

VOTE YES ON WOLF DISCOVERY BILL
VOTE NO ON WOLF SECURITY BILL
Old 07-22-2008, 02:08 PM   #270
illinifan999
Pro Rookie

The Wolf Discovery Bill is a vital requirement for our nation's defense against the wolf threat.

illinifan999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 02:08 PM   #271
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
Hey demmycrats -- I've been chosen as the Liaison to your party. Since CR is out to lunch, I believe that whoever is selected as the other Liaison can start PMing me.

We have selected Lathum as our Liason, but I believe he has stepped out at the moment. I think you guys can start PMing each other (but include CR and Olie, right?).
Old 07-22-2008, 02:09 PM   #272
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Yee-haw!
Old 07-22-2008, 02:10 PM   #273
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
We have selected Lathum as our Liason, but I believe he has stepped out at the moment. I think you guys can start PMing each other (but include CR and Olie, right?).

Yes. That's too bad -- I'm out in 1-2 hours, but hopefully we can get some things going.
Old 07-22-2008, 02:10 PM   #274
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
I can't support something as far to the left as the Wolf Security bill, as good as it may be for us all -- my people would kill me. However, if it passes I will not feel bad about it.

But for the Wolf Discovery Bill, let's find those wolves and USE OUR GUNS TO KILL THEM ALL! YEEHAW!

VOTE NO ON WOLF SECURITY BILL

I can't say I'm surprised; however, I am extremely disappointed that you are so short-sighted to ignore the fact that our bill is good for us all.
Old 07-22-2008, 02:11 PM   #275
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

This is truly an amazing piece of legislature, enabling our fine citizens to live in our country free from the worries of a wolf threat.
Old 07-22-2008, 02:11 PM   #276
KWhit
Coordinator

I fear that the Wolf Discovery Bill will be deemed unconstitutional. In addition, I cannot support something that so blatantly panders to the right-wing Republican voters. Alas:

Vote NO on the Wolf Discovery Bill
Old 07-22-2008, 02:13 PM   #277
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeheinz72 View Post
So then, I'd ask of both you and Representative Chubby, why should I cross this party line? How will my constituents benefit, exactly, from his being our Speaker?

I see you've nominated him in order to garner my support, but you'll have to tell me fine sir, what does my support for your candidate achieve for my district?

In regards to your district fine sir, I would maintain that they are closer to my constintuents than they are to St Cronin's. It would seem that your voters are only 2 steps away from mine while they are 4 steps away from St Cronin's. That being said, I will be more apt to support legisilation that your voters will appeal to seeing as they are so similar to mine.

As a sign of good faith I...
Vote YES on Wolf Discovery Bill
as I feel it is in our (partys', local voters, national) interest to support measures that will enable us to get rid of the Wolf Party. I believe the Wolf Discovery Bill puts us well on our way to vistory against the wolves.
Old 07-22-2008, 02:14 PM   #278
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
I can't say I'm surprised; however, I am extremely disappointed that you are so short-sighted to ignore the fact that our bill is good for us all.

Don't blame me, blame the people with the guns at the ballot box :P

I'm gonna be gone for a while - I designate heinz as Whip for today.
Old 07-22-2008, 02:14 PM   #279
mccollins
College Prospect

Quote:

If this person should discover a wolf they shall have a 25% chance of having evidence enough to immediately censure that wolf and remove them from the game.

My constituents are solidly opposed to the National Wolf Discovery Bill and I seek to humbly represent their interests.

Furthermore, I do not know that the quoted portions above will even be found to be constitutional.

For these reasons, I can not in good conscience vote for this bill.

mccollins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 02:17 PM   #280
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mccollins View Post
My constituents are solidly opposed to the National Wolf Discovery Bill and I seek to humbly represent their interests.

Furthermore, I do not know that the quoted portions above will even be found to be constitutional.

For these reasons, I can not in good conscience vote for this bill.

What difference does it make whether or not you think it will be consitutional? It's not like we can write a new bill.
Old 07-22-2008, 02:20 PM   #281
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubby View Post
In regards to your district fine sir, I would maintain that they are closer to my constintuents than they are to St Cronin's. It would seem that your voters are only 2 steps away from mine while they are 4 steps away from St Cronin's. That being said, I will be more apt to support legisilation that your voters will appeal to seeing as they are so similar to mine.

As a sign of good faith I...
Vote YES on Wolf Discovery Bill
as I feel it is in our (partys', local voters, national) interest to support measures that will enable us to get rid of the Wolf Party. I believe the Wolf Discovery Bill puts us well on our way to vistory against the wolves.

But my fine fellow representative Mr. Chubby, how can I be expected to cross the aisle in the name of the Speaker of the House when those from your party have not shown a likewise ability to look into the heart of the Wolf Discovery Bill we have proposed and see that it will benefit our great nation as a whole?
Old 07-22-2008, 02:22 PM   #282
illinifan999
Pro Rookie

It is disappointing that it appears there are a few democrats who are more concerned with being re-elected than with our nation's security.
illinifan999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 02:24 PM   #283
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Agreed Mr. 999. They seem to want us to submit to what they themselves refuse to do.
Old 07-22-2008, 02:24 PM   #284
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by illinifan999 View Post
It is disappointing that it appears there are a few democrats who are more concerned with being re-elected than with our nation's security.

Perhaps you should pass that message along to Tyrith on your side of the aisle as well.
Old 07-22-2008, 02:25 PM   #285
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
But my fine fellow representative Mr. Chubby, how can I be expected to cross the aisle in the name of the Speaker of the House when those from your party have not shown a likewise ability to look into the heart of the Wolf Discovery Bill we have proposed and see that it will benefit our great nation as a whole?

Well I can't speak for those representatives, only myself. As I do see the Wolf Discovery Bill as a fine tool to be used to eliminate the Wolf Party, I think those fellow Democrats are simply going along with their voters back home; something I can't fault anyone for.

Likewise, I don't fault Tyrith for voting against the Wolf Security Bill as that is most likely what his voters would want him to do.

If you feel that your voters will want you to support someone farther away from the middle than I for Speaker of the House then I say vote for him. Looking at the demographics tho I think it is clear that they would be prefer a centrist over a middle ground republican who leans conservative.
Old 07-22-2008, 02:27 PM   #286
chesapeake
College Starter

Quote:

I would express to the gentleman that I am deeply concerned that, if no Speaker is elected today, critical legislation passed by this august body will not be enacted into law. This would be a tremendous victory for the evil that walks among us.

Even though Chubby's politics are a little too conservative to my tastes, I felt it important to support the nomination of someone who strives to bridging the chasm that seperates our two parties. And because he is closer in philosophy to you and some of our more moderate bretheren, it is my sense that your constituents would prefer Chubby to St. Cronin and would subsequently indicate that support at the polls.
Old 07-22-2008, 02:29 PM   #287
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

all of my constituents will vounteer to give..... justice to the wolves!!!!!!

GIT ER DONE!

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 07-22-2008, 02:29 PM   #288
mccollins
College Prospect

Quote:
What difference does it make whether or not you think it will be consitutional? It's not like we can write a new bill.

Why not - hint hint.
Old 07-22-2008, 02:31 PM   #289
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chesapeake View Post
I would express to the gentleman that I am deeply concerned that, if no Speaker is elected today, critical legislation passed by this august body will not be enacted into law. This would be a tremendous victory for the evil that walks among us.

Even though Chubby's politics are a little too conservative to my tastes, I felt it important to support the nomination of someone who strives to bridging the chasm that seperates our two parties. And because he is closer in philosophy to you and some of our more moderate bretheren, it is my sense that your constituents would prefer Chubby to St. Cronin and would subsequently indicate that support at the polls.

Yes, but even my constituents can see that if all Mr. Chubby promises is more pandering and empty promises, then they are better off with the candidate who sits on my side of the aisle.

Given the donkey's inability to see our way on the issue of Wolf Discovery, I can't plausibly see how, without taking out of both sides of their mouth, they can honestly expect to see my vote heads towards Representative Chubby.
Old 07-22-2008, 02:32 PM   #290
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Why not - hint hint.

are you saying this is inconvinient to you as a wolf?

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 07-22-2008, 02:34 PM   #291
KWhit
Coordinator

And for the record, I believe that the Wolf Discovery Bill will pass the vote today, but I see two reasons why I must distance myself from it and vote no.

1) It is far too right-wing for me or my constituents to support.
2) I believe there is a good chance for this to be found unconstitutional by the courts. If that is the case, I believe that those of you that support it will feel the wrath of the news media and therefore by the public at large.

I understand why some of you may question me on motive. The fact of the matter is that the only way I am able to continue in my fight for this country against the wolves is if I stay in office.
Old 07-22-2008, 02:35 PM   #292
mccollins
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by claphamsa View Post
are you saying this is inconvinient to you as a wolf?

I'm saying it's inconvenient to the village if your right wing extreme bill doesn't get past the Supreme Court.
Old 07-22-2008, 02:35 PM   #293
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Why not - hint hint.

Because I don't see anything about it in the rules.
Old 07-22-2008, 02:37 PM   #294
mccollins
College Prospect

Quote:
Given the donkey's inability to see our way on the issue of Wolf Discovery, I can't plausibly see how, without taking out of both sides of their mouth, they can honestly expect to see my vote heads towards Representative Chubby.

Newsflash to the Republican Congressman in the district that is strongly centrist and only slightly leans Republican: A bill does not need unanimous support to pass.
Old 07-22-2008, 02:37 PM   #295
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Vote Yes on the Wolf Discovery Bill
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 02:38 PM   #296
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Yes, but even my constituents can see that if all Mr. Chubby promises is more pandering and empty promises, then they are better off with the candidate who sits on my side of the aisle.

I promise no such things. I voted along with your bill and continue to try and swing enough support so that the Republican bill up for vote passes.

I also contend that any member of Congress, Democrat or Republican, should always look out for his people back home. They elected him/her and they are the one's that will keep him/her in Congress if they so desire.

Just as Tyrith's voters back home are probably demanding he vote no for our bill, your voters are probably going to want you to support myself for Speaker as my views more closerly resemble their own as opposed to St Cronin.

In short, everyone should always be mindful of what their district wants. You can't help the country if you aren't in office. It isn't always about strictly voting party lines but voting for what your district wants. In your case, it's pretty clear to me that they'd prefer myself over St Cronin.
Old 07-22-2008, 02:38 PM   #297
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
And for the record, I believe that the Wolf Discovery Bill will pass the vote today, but I see two reasons why I must distance myself from it and vote no.

1) It is far too right-wing for me or my constituents to support.
2) I believe there is a good chance for this to be found unconstitutional by the courts. If that is the case, I believe that those of you that support it will feel the wrath of the news media and therefore by the public at large.

I understand why some of you may question me on motive. The fact of the matter is that the only way I am able to continue in my fight for this country against the wolves is if I stay in office.

I understand 1) coming from you, but mccollins's district is not extreme enough for him to be worried about that. It just screams wolfish. And 2) is complete bunk -- if it's unconstitutional, so be it.

If this is the kind of talk going around in your back rooms, you should really look at who's driving conversation over there.
Old 07-22-2008, 02:39 PM   #298
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
I understand 1) coming from you, but mccollins's district is not extreme enough for him to be worried about that. It just screams wolfish. And 2) is complete bunk -- if it's unconstitutional, so be it.

If this is the kind of talk going around in your back rooms, you should really look at who's driving conversation over there.

Why would you say that 2 is bunk?
Old 07-22-2008, 02:39 PM   #299
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Newsflash to the Republican Congressman in the district that is strongly centrist and only slightly leans Republican: A bill does not need unanimous support to pass.

We see where you're coming from, but you're from a pretty centrist district yourself -- I'm worried that your 'no' vote is cutting it too close.
Old 07-22-2008, 02:40 PM   #300
mccollins
College Prospect

Quote:
Because I don't see anything about it in the rules.

If a bill can't be amended and re-submitted to the congress floor then I fear the Republicans may have severely hurt the cause of the village even if Congress votes to pass their bill. The Republicans might want to get clarification from the Supreme Court.