Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > FOFC NCAA Football Online Dynasties
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-27-2009, 07:26 AM   #1
wade moore
lolzcat

C-USA Week 7 - Files Due Friday, October 30

Again I'm posting without game access, so I don't have the schedule.

But it's all Human v. CPU with Highland Park having a bye.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...

wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 06:11 AM   #2
Butter
Coordinator

Managed a fairly easy 21-7 win over Navy. Missed a couple of FG's, but ran a lot of clock late. I was up 14-0 at halftime, and had a 5 minute TD drive to open the 2nd half. They finally busted an option pitch for a 73 yard TD with 5:43 left in the game, but when it got too late they had to go to the air and that really didn't work. I think Navy was 1-12 passing for 9 yards and an INT, IIRC. Win #2!
Old 10-28-2009, 07:13 AM   #3
wade moore
lolzcat

I am NOT looking forward to our game. #4 Ole Miss - they will likely demolish us.

Quote:
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
Old 10-28-2009, 09:58 PM   #4
cmp
Pro Rookie

Nice win for Allendale. We're starting to get in a rhythm with our running game.
cmp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 10:22 PM   #5
wade moore
lolzcat

As I expected - we lose 41-7.

Honestly, you guys beating top tier teams - I have NO idea how you do it. I see no way that any of our teams could come with in sniffing distance of Ole Miss.

Quote:
Old 10-28-2009, 10:34 PM   #6
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade moore View Post

Honestly, you guys beating top tier teams - I have NO idea how you do it. I see no way that any of our teams could come with in sniffing distance of Ole Miss.

When I did it, we got lucky with turnovers and we ran the ball well for 3-4 yards most plays in between the tackles mixed in with short passes to my WR's. We played a nearly perfect game. I think it will be hard for me to repeat that performance..
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 10:40 PM   #7
Mike1409
High School Varsity

Quote:

+1 it was combo of turnovers and making key plays to keep drives alive.
Mike1409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 06:34 AM   #8
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Seems like making a stop on the top teams is key. I have a problem stopping the CPU from scoring. It just seems to break so many tackles and laser in passes no matter how fast I bring heat on the rush.

I finished my recruiting.
Grammaticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 07:09 AM   #9
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grammaticus View Post
Seems like making a stop on the top teams is key. I have a problem stopping the CPU from scoring. It just seems to break so many tackles and laser in passes no matter how fast I bring heat on the rush.

I finished my recruiting.

I can stop them sometimes. In fact, I had Ole Miss at only 13 points in the first half until a pick 6 with about :30 left in the half.

But against these REALLY good teams I find it just impossible to run - and running is my strength. You just can't ever get any separation at the line and you'll get swallowed up SO quickly.

Quote:
Old 10-29-2009, 01:38 PM   #10
cmp
Pro Rookie

Getting lucky and making a stop is huge. In my wins I've been lucky enough to get a stop or two and then try and grind out first downs. It's tough, one mistake and it's all over.
cmp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 04:02 PM   #11
Kodos
Resident Alien

So how do you guys feel about the game / online dynasties at this point?
Old 10-29-2009, 06:41 PM   #12
Mike1409
High School Varsity

the dynasty is fine. I think the sim result issue was fixed in the patch.

There are fewer players this season so my interest is lower.

I don't like the game near as much as last years The run commit is overdone, I hate that a team can play 3-3-5 and overpower an I 2TE power running formation. The USER players all seem to run in quicksand an it is hard to get separation.

I am hoping next years version will incorporate the improvements from Madden, but I do not believe I will be buying this on a midnight release.

Last edited by Mike1409 : 10-29-2009 at 06:42 PM.
Old 10-29-2009, 08:14 PM   #13
Kodos
Resident Alien

It seems like maybe ODs should ban the use of run commit.
Old 10-30-2009, 07:04 AM   #14
Butter
Coordinator

I don't agree that the run commit is overdone... if you commit the wrong way, you are toast which is probably how it should be. This is the first online dynasty I've done, and I'm enjoying it quite a bit. Too bad Kodos quit on me right as I was able to join!
Old 10-30-2009, 07:16 AM   #15
wade moore
lolzcat

Umm...

What's run commit?

Quote:
Old 10-30-2009, 07:23 AM   #16
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Umm...

What's run commit?

Where you can press down or a direction before a play to tell your guys to look for the run in that direction. I'm not even sure exactly how it is done, because I read it was too effective, so I don't use it. In theory, it is supposed to make you more vulnerable to runs in the other directions or passes, but I don't think it does that enough.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 10-30-2009 at 07:24 AM.
Old 10-30-2009, 08:05 AM   #17
wade moore
lolzcat

Yeah, I knew nothing about this.

Quote:
Old 10-30-2009, 08:36 AM   #18
Butter
Coordinator

Only time I use run commit is goal line or 3rd/4th and 1 or less type plays.
Old 10-30-2009, 08:43 AM   #19
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butter_of_69 View Post
Too bad Kodos quit on me right as I was able to join!

I can't quit you, man!
Old 10-30-2009, 10:26 AM   #20
Mike1409
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butter_of_69 View Post
I don't agree that the run commit is overdone... if you commit the wrong way, you are toast which is probably how it should be. This is the first online dynasty I've done, and I'm enjoying it quite a bit. Too bad Kodos quit on me right as I was able to join!

The problem is the CPU commits all the time.

If you really think that this is not overdone run this test. Play a game as any decent team set the D for a 3-3-5 stack cover 2. Show blitz and run commit up the middle the entire game and see how that performs.

Yes there are times when you get burned, if you commit left and the run is to the right, but overall you will win a lot more than you lose.

The OL-DL interaction is horrible and there is no real blocking schemes, too many time blockers will be engaged and as you go around (without using turbo) they magically get off the block and are in position to tackle.

Last edited by Mike1409 : 10-30-2009 at 10:35 AM.
Old 10-30-2009, 09:37 PM   #21
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I thought we would have an easy game against Troy at home, so we had a lot of recruits here..

I chose to kick off to them first and their spread offense absolutely dissected our defense. 7-0 lead quickly on a 9 yard TD pass.

No big deal, we march down the field and then catch them with a PA pass for a 24 yard TD and boom it is 7-7.

However, their QB dissects us again and ends a quick drive with a 7 yard TD pass. 14-7 and their QB has completed every single freaking pass.

I'm feeling some pressure, so on 4th and 1 on their 16, I go for it. We have had early success running it between the tackles, but they stuff us this time. Uh oh.

First play of the drive, their HB breaks off a 80 yard TD run. Double uh oh.

They get us into 3rd and 19 quickly on our next drive and we fail to convert so we punt it away. They march down the field, but I manage to stop them at the 5 and they settle for a FG to put them up 24-7 with 1 minute left in the half.

We get into 3rd and 17 quickly, but a big reception Coles converts the 1st. Penn with another big catch to get us into FG range just as time expires. We call a timeout and go for the 46 yard FG kick which our kicker makes. Down 24-10 at the half with us getting the ball back, I try to relax.

We put together a good drive to start the half that ends in a 26 yard TD pass despite our starter getting knocked out of the game for a series. Our starting QB is definitely off today as his accuracy isn't as good as usual. I toy with leaving the backup in, but decide to put the starter back when the docs clear him.

Midway through the 3rd, we knock their QB out of the game with a broken rib and I think that could be the break we need to turn it around. We stop the backup QB on 3rd and 7 and they punt.

However, they get 2 sacks in a row on Pettway and force us into 3rd and 22 and he throws a miserable pass that we were lucky wasn't picked off.

Their next series, they get stopped on 3rd and 3.. or at I thought they did. They get the most generous spot I've ever seen in this game. I challenge it but the spot is upheld! I was robbed. Next play, a WR end around gets them a 49 yard TD. Down 31-17 as we go into the 4th quarter.

I try not to panic and stick with our running game which is doing well behind the legs of Collier. He marches it down the field ending in a 1 yard TD run. 31-24.

Their backup QB throws 2 passes that should have been picked, but weren't and we force a relatively quick punt.

We rely on our run game again and with 1:51 to go, Collier with a 5 yard TD run to tie it at 31.

I'm feeling good. Their backup QB is sucking and we are in position to get it back. But suddenly, he becomes like Montana and dissects our defense. They are inside our 5 with 35 left. I consider letting them score, but decide to try to force them into a turnover. They run it twice and moronically call time outs. The third time they run it, we stuff them on the 2. They don't call their last timeout so I use my 2nd. They kick the short FG with 25 seconds left.

I try two short passes to the sidelines that both fail. 3rd and 10 with 15 seconds left and I try to go deep but that fails as well. 4th and 10 with 9 seconds left. Pettway rolls out to his left and throws it long for McDonald, our other impact receiver. McDonald makes a great leaping catch over the defender! He is brought down at the 29. I call a timeout with 3 seconds left. Our kicker comes out and makes the 46 yard FG! Tied game! OT!

We win the toss and choose defense. They march it inside the 5 easily. However, one of their option pitches goes off target.. yes! Except, they get yet another break and their linemen picks it up and runs it in! Their luck runs out as their kicker misses the extra point wide right!

I plan on running it with Collier who already has 35 plus carries, but on the first play he is hurt. Hopefully, it isn't serious. We run it with Patton, but he gets stuffed. On 3rd and 9, Pettway passes to McDonald who has a 10 yard catch for the 1st. We manage to get a good PA pass on 1st down and that sets us up on the 2 where Patton runs it in. We hit the extra point to win it 41-40.

Exciting game, but I doubt it impressed the recruits as much as I was hoping to.
Old 10-30-2009, 09:38 PM   #22
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Dola -

We are all set to advance.