Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > FOFC NCAA Football Online Dynasties
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-18-2009, 05:46 PM   #1
Kodos
Resident Alien

Thumbs down Conference USA 2009, Week 1 (redo) - RESULTS WRONG AGAIN

Last edited by Kodos : 08-22-2009 at 09:24 PM.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 05:52 PM   #2
Kodos
Resident Alien

I don't know if this is a problem or not. When I look at My School under recruiting, the A-B-C weightings look right, but when I am talking to a recruit, they are different. Is that how it always is?
Old 08-18-2009, 06:09 PM   #3
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

It doesn't seem to me like they should be different. The only dynamic ratings should be location and early playing time opportunity. I'll check mine later tonight or tomorrow.

As far as our rematch with Permian, Saturday would be best, but I can also do Friday evening. Weds evening is also a possibility, but would be a real PITA.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 07:48 PM   #4
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

The ratings should be the same in your school section and in the recruit interface.
Grammaticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 08:07 PM   #5
Kodos
Resident Alien

Welp, we had our chances against Florida Atlantic, but interceptions on our last 2 drives doomed us. FAU prevails 45-42.
Old 08-19-2009, 12:26 PM   #6
Mike1409
High School Varsity

Didn't get the result in the rematch. Lost 24-21

I don't know what they have for base settings on defense but they blitzed me about 90% of the plays. Shut down my running game and I just didn't make enough completions to upset them again.
Mike1409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 12:59 PM   #7
Kodos
Resident Alien

D'oh. Sorry you lost out on the redo.
Old 08-19-2009, 04:58 PM   #8
cmp
Pro Rookie

Allendale was down 38-21 in the 4th before we made a huge comeback to win 42-38. It's going to take a bit to get comfortable with new game, especially with my team having absolutely no defense.
cmp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 06:58 PM   #9
wade moore
lolzcat

The good news:

My offense was much better.

The bad news:

My defense wasn't.

That's going to be my achilles heal with this league. We lose 64-35.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 12:53 PM   #10
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Forgot to check to accept my invite but let EF play the CPU. He won and deserves the win, not saying I'd win, but I think he should be allowed to play until he wins as he earned it already.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 01:11 PM   #11
Kodos
Resident Alien

I'll try to set you to autopilot for Week 1 tonight.
Old 08-20-2009, 07:16 PM   #12
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToxRox View Post
Forgot to check to accept my invite but let EF play the CPU. He won and deserves the win, not saying I'd win, but I think he should be allowed to play until he wins as he earned it already.

That is very gracious of you. I'll try to keep the stats and score reasonably close to our first attempt (assuming I can manage to beat the CPU.)
Old 08-20-2009, 09:34 PM   #13
Kodos
Resident Alien

You are all set, EF27.
Old 08-22-2009, 11:20 AM   #14
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

EHT and Permian had a back and forth battle throughout the day. Permian struck first with a 66 yard interception return for a TD from their MLB midway through the 1st. It was a defensive struggle for the rest of the 1st quarter in which both sides played conservatively, until early in the 2nd quarter EHT got their star receiver 1 on 1 and he caught a streak down the sideline for a 64 yard TD to tie the game.

Permian answered a bit later with a beautiful run by their HB in which he perfectly used his blockers to spring a 63 yard TD run. EHT missed a FG as time expired to go down 14-7 at the half.

EHT started the 3rd quarter with the ball and quickly marched down the field ending with a 36 yard post route TD to Penn again. A bit later in the 3rd quarter, Permian got their 2nd interception of the day which set up a 40 yard FG midway through the 3rd.

EHT responded with a long drive that ended in a 3 yard TD run by the back-up HB Patton as their starter was hurt for the rest of the game. With the 21-17 lead, EHT's defense made some strong plays despite never getting a turnover and forced a quick punt.

EHT looked like they were going to put it away early in the 4th, but the backup HB fumbled inside Permian's 20. Both offenses had trouble moving it and with 1:12 left EHT punted from their own 45. A beautiful punt started Permian inside their 10.

They moved the ball through the air the best they have all day and were inside EHT's 35 with 30 seconds to go. However, Joe Fernandez got EHT's 1st sack of the day to make it 2nd and 15. Permian's QB threw it into the ground to save precious clock. With 20 seconds left, Chris Outlaw dropped back again and was blindsided again by Joe Fernandez! Outlaw quickly got everyone in position for one last heave with 8 seconds left and a 4th and 22. He threw it deep, but the ball was knocked down by Curtis Gibbs and EHT won the game 21-17.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 08-22-2009 at 11:22 AM.
Old 08-22-2009, 09:05 PM   #15
Kodos
Resident Alien

I'm gonna go ahead and advance even though WVUFAN hasn't played, since he apparently hasn't been on the board since the 15th.
Old 08-22-2009, 09:23 PM   #16
Kodos
Resident Alien

Welp, it fucked up the results again.
Old 08-22-2009, 09:30 PM   #17
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Are you advancing from the HQ screen or from your expanded menu?
Old 08-22-2009, 09:35 PM   #18
Kodos
Resident Alien

I advanced from the Dynasty Headquarters screen.
Old 08-22-2009, 09:50 PM   #19
Kodos
Resident Alien

I think I'm done with this, guys. It's just not worth the time and effort I've put in getting things going if EA can't get the game to advance without glitches and won't even respond to questions on their own board about it. If someone wants to take over as commish, I can send them the offline dynasty file I saved before advancing. The frustration is simply outweighing the fun at this point.

Last edited by Kodos : 08-22-2009 at 09:51 PM.
Old 08-22-2009, 10:53 PM   #20
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
I think I'm done with this, guys. It's just not worth the time and effort I've put in getting things going if EA can't get the game to advance without glitches and won't even respond to questions on their own board about it. If someone wants to take over as commish, I can send them the offline dynasty file I saved before advancing. The frustration is simply outweighing the fun at this point.

I'll takeover, but we need to try to find a solution before we move along too far. It's weird because there were massive problems before, but there seem to be minimal ones this time.

Maybe just a different commish will help?

Quote:
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
Old 08-22-2009, 11:48 PM   #21
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I don't want to commish, but I did save the dynasty as an offline dynasty right after my game today. That should be a good file to send to you Wade as it should have everyone's stuff already done. If you want me to do so, I'll send it to you tomorrow morning.
Old 08-23-2009, 06:21 AM   #22
wade moore
lolzcat

Anyone who wants to can send me a file . Hell, if we think we should restart I can do that too.

Quote:
Old 08-23-2009, 01:55 PM   #23
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

I'm thinking a clean restart may be the best approach. Just not sure how much everyone wants to fool with it. I'm willing to keep on going with whatever approach you want to take.
Old 08-23-2009, 02:11 PM   #24
Kodos
Resident Alien

I have the file with everyone but WVUFAN's result (since he never played). I can send it to Wade tonight.

I'm not as upset as I was last night, but enthusiasm is still really low. I don't have a ton of free time, and when it gets wasted dealing with a game that repeatedly doesn't work, it doesn't sit well with me. Maybe it'd be better for me to sit out this year altogether and let somebody else step in. If Wade or whoever wants to recruit someone to fill my slot, you have my blessing.
Old 08-23-2009, 02:40 PM   #25
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
I have the file with everyone but WVUFAN's result (since he never played). I can send it to Wade tonight.

I'm not as upset as I was last night, but enthusiasm is still really low. I don't have a ton of free time, and when it gets wasted dealing with a game that repeatedly doesn't work, it doesn't sit well with me. Maybe it'd be better for me to sit out this year altogether and let somebody else step in. If Wade or whoever wants to recruit someone to fill my slot, you have my blessing.

My hope is to run a few tests before we take things too far. Hoepfully if we can stabilize things you'll be willing to stay.

Quote:
Old 08-23-2009, 02:42 PM   #26
Mike1409
High School Varsity

Why don't start with a completely new base, there may be a glitch in this file.
Mike1409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 08:46 PM   #27
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike1409 View Post
Why don't start with a completely new base, there may be a glitch in this file.

That's a good point, actually. There's no real way of knowing.
Old 08-23-2009, 08:50 PM   #28
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade moore View Post
My hope is to run a few tests before we take things too far. Hoepfully if we can stabilize things you'll be willing to stay.

I'll commit to season 1 and see how things are from there. Sorry to weasel out of the commish job, but it probably wasn't the brightest idea for me to take it on with a 7-month old who is high maintenance and a job search looming.
Old 08-24-2009, 07:58 PM   #29
Kodos
Resident Alien

By the way, Wade -- I sent the file to you last night. Just wanted to give you a heads up.
Old 08-25-2009, 04:53 AM   #30
wade moore
lolzcat

Sorry guys - some unexpected work stuff. Hopefully I can do it tonight - I'll try from scratch first.

Quote:
Old 08-25-2009, 02:54 PM   #31
Kodos
Resident Alien

So it's been revealed that EA's second patch doesn't address the progression issue in NCAA. Nice job, EA.

NCAA Football 10 Patch #2 Details (Pasta Padre) - Operation Sports Forums