Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-08-2010, 03:16 PM   #251
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
Yep ESPN is reporting Wade is out and Jason Garrett in. Can Brad Childress be far behind?

I would be surprised if JJ would be interested in Childress.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 03:26 PM   #252
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
I would be surprised if JJ would be interested in Childress.

Clearly he should be the Cowboys next coach.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 03:28 PM   #253
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I can't believe Whisenut almost had his band of schmucks at .500 with historically bad QB play. Still shaking my head that they lost that one to the Favre's

Last edited by stevew : 11-08-2010 at 03:28 PM.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 04:07 PM   #254
Kodos
Resident Alien

Press conference is on NFL Network right now.
Old 11-08-2010, 04:34 PM   #255
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Yep ESPN is reporting Wade is out and Jason Garrett in. Can Brad Childress be far behind?

How could Zygi have let Phillips be fired before Childress?
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 04:37 PM   #256
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Seattle sports fans are such sad little fans. Reading the comments section from the story in the Times about yesterdays game is gold. Two of my favorites.

Quote:
You're right no QB controversy:

Hasselbeck - 3 pts against mid ranked Raiders defense. Oh yeah he is a 10 year veteran

Whithurst - 7 pts against 2nd ranked Giants defense. Oh yeah it was his first real NFL action.

Pretty clear to me who should be the Qb going forward

lol, a garbage 4th quarter TD.

Quote:
forgive me for dumping, here but whoever thought that P Carroll wouild be a great NFL coach. How does a guy who made it big in college, all of a sudden becone the savior in a league in which he has ZERO experience, Zero experience with pro athletes. I tink personally P Carroll was a big mistake.. he is going to tinker

Really dude? Really?
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 04:43 PM   #257
Travis
Pro Rookie

Every fan base has fans like that, not all Seahawk fans are jumping the gun like that.

That said, the Hasselbeck/Whitehurst argument has dominated the season so far and likely justified to a point. Even at his best it looks like Hasselbeck has a hard time being a difference maker on offense rather than a care taker. Getting off to a surprising 4-2 start though kind of meant going with the best current option available, and that's still Hass. Even at 4-4 they're still tied for the division lead and can potentially make some noise if they can get somewhere close to healthy on each of the lines.

Easy to beat up on a fan base when they just got smacked around in historical fashion (at least in terms of losing on home turf), do you really expect them all to just take a loss like that in stride? I don't know many fan bases that would.
Old 11-08-2010, 04:45 PM   #258
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
Seattle sports fans are such sad little fans. Reading the comments section from the story in the Times about yesterdays game is gold. Two of my favorites.

lol, a garbage 4th quarter TD.

Really dude? Really?

Heh, what better, though, a guy with no experience, but the possibility he has some greatness in him, or the mediocre abiltiy Petey already showed he has at the pro level?

Yeah, though, that fan's really "on top" of things.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 04:48 PM   #259
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis View Post
Every fan base has fans like that, not all Seahawk fans are jumping the gun like that.

That said, the Hasselbeck/Whitehurst argument has dominated the season so far and likely justified to a point. Even at his best it looks like Hasselbeck has a hard time being a difference maker on offense rather than a care taker. Getting off to a surprising 4-2 start though kind of meant going with the best current option available, and that's still Hass. Even at 4-4 they're still tied for the division lead and can potentially make some noise if they can get somewhere close to healthy on each of the lines.

Easy to beat up on a fan base when they just got smacked around in historical fashion (at least in terms of losing on home turf), do you really expect them all to just take a loss like that in stride? I don't know many fan bases that would.

I was more mocking them, especially that second guy. While I have met some good fans out here, the majority are kind of sad. They think they are "big time" and want to be so badly, but they just can't pull it off.
Old 11-08-2010, 04:49 PM   #260
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis View Post
do you really expect them all to just take a loss like that in stride?

I'm pretty sure the call out of the fan has nothing to do with looking for PC's head.
Old 11-08-2010, 04:50 PM   #261
SnowMan
High School Varsity

Anyone expecting Carroll and company to turn around the Seahawks in 8 games hasn't paid attention to what happened to that team since XL. Thanks Tim Ruskell.
SnowMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 04:54 PM   #262
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
I'm pretty sure the call out of the fan has nothing to do with looking for PC's head.

Exactly, it is more about this clown coming on there claiming he knew PC wouldn't work out and claiming how smart he is, yet has no idea PC spent 15 years as an NFL coach.
Old 11-08-2010, 04:56 PM   #263
Travis
Pro Rookie

I just think it's kind of cheesy to cite a few guys off a reply list and make some general statements about a fan base off of them. Especially given the way the Seahawks season has gone (general acceptance of a rebuild, expectations of finishing poorly again only to get out to a quick start and relevance in league discussion only to undergo two horrendous weeks of injuries and brutal losses).

Whether I agree with their comments or not, just didn't think it was cool to label the fan base according to some cherry picked comments.
Old 11-08-2010, 05:14 PM   #264
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Travis, I'm not basing my label on that. I have lived in Seattle for 3 years and have a pretty good sense of what their fans are like in comparison to others.

FWIW I think you are a good knowledgeable fan, most aren't like you.
Old 11-08-2010, 06:50 PM   #265
Buccaneer
Head Coach

I am relishing in the misery of the Cowboys, savoring actually. Senator, it's not the players (unlike other teams, there's no one I hate), nor the fans (which is unlike the Pennsylvania teams that I despise), nor the city itself. It was in part because of that worthless coach, whom I have followed since he was head coach of the Broncos. One of the most clueless sideline head coach I had ever seen. But it is mostly your owner. No owner, outside of pathetic Al Davis, is so reviled, imo. Everything about his ego, his mannerisms and his meddling only makes the team hated even more. A large part of the Cowboys problems is him, but he does not realize that. With Phillips now gone, the teams will still be hated and despised because of Jones. And when he is gone, then the Cowboys will less hated. I cannot make it any clearer than that.
Buccaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 07:17 PM   #266
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

As a Cowboys fan, I am pretty ready for his son to step more into his role.

(Jerry's son, Stephen.)
Scoobz0202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 07:35 PM   #267
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I still can't believe Spiller hasn't gotten the call. Jackson must be a significantly better pass blocker.
Old 11-08-2010, 07:52 PM   #268
kingfc22
Head Coach

Nice ST work tonight by the Bungels. Ouch.
Old 11-08-2010, 07:52 PM   #269
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

Man the Bengals suck
Dr. Sak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 08:06 PM   #270
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Really? You finally get a first round dangerous TE and you start using him as a blocking FB?

I'm not sure I've ever hated the Bengals more than I do tonight.
Old 11-08-2010, 08:24 PM   #271
RomaGoth
Favored Bitch #2

Cinci should hire Wade Phillips.

Last edited by RomaGoth : 11-08-2010 at 08:24 PM.
RomaGoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 08:49 PM   #272
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Mike Tirico, what's a challenge fag?

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 08:50 PM   #273
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

So I wasn't the only one who heard that...
Dr. Sak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 09:30 PM   #274
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Exactly, it is more about this clown coming on there claiming he knew PC wouldn't work out and claiming how smart he is, yet has no idea PC spent 15 years as an NFL coach.

Well and to be fair, he has been around more professional players the last few years at USC than John Fox has in Carolina this year.
CU Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 10:05 PM   #275
Swaggs
Coordinator

Any of the Pittsburgh folks know what happened to Chuck Finder at the PPG? I saw that he wrote a fairwell column, but couldn't find anything as to why he is leaving.
Swaggs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 10:07 PM   #276
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Great throw and catch there
Old 11-08-2010, 10:37 PM   #277
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I'm beginning to tire of LeBeau's first 3 quarter defenses.
Old 11-08-2010, 10:41 PM   #278
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Jesus, what a hit on Owens by Troy, amazing he held onto the ball.

If the Steelers lose this game they are getting what they deserve. They tried to run out the clock with 9 minutes left and got burned. You have a great QB, throw it at some point there.
Old 11-08-2010, 10:45 PM   #279
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Rookie gotta hold onto that ball...
Old 11-08-2010, 10:46 PM   #280
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Is it just me or do Mike Tomlin and Will I Am look identical?
Old 11-08-2010, 10:53 PM   #281
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Idiot kicker has to go. For reals.
Old 11-08-2010, 10:54 PM   #282
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Is it just me or do Mike Tomlin and Will I Am look identical?

Welcome to Tomlin's first year as Pittsburgh's coach.

Last edited by Matthean : 11-08-2010 at 11:08 PM.
Matthean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 11:03 PM   #283
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Tomlin gets more and more Cowher-like every year. Fuckin patented Steeler attempt to sit on a lead.
Old 11-09-2010, 07:02 AM   #284
Butter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
Really? You finally get a first round dangerous TE and you start using him as a blocking FB?

I'm not sure I've ever hated the Bengals more than I do tonight.

They have a chance EVERY GAME to work Shipley and Gresham underneath and they don't take it. The offensive playcalling has been horrible for years, yet they do nothing about it.
Old 11-09-2010, 07:13 AM   #285
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs View Post
Any of the Pittsburgh folks know what happened to Chuck Finder at the PPG? I saw that he wrote a fairwell column, but couldn't find anything as to why he is leaving.

I haven't seen anything.

I try sometimes to jump in on the PG chats, Sports Editor Jerry Micco's is on Wednesdays.

If I am able to get on, I'll try asking something.

I do remember a little while back, he was named the guy who would be covering the Pirates managerial search, Dejan was taking an extended vacation from all the days he racked up from covering the Olympics, etc.
Suburban Rhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 08:59 AM   #286
Thomkal
Head Coach

More quarterback injury news:

Matt Moore on IR with an injured shoulder for Carolina and looking like Stafford headed that way for Detroit after reinjuring his shoulder this past week. I think Carolina might as well give rookie Tony Pike a shot as starter, he saw a lot of playing time in the game against the Saints and didn't throw an INT, so that already gives him the edge over Claussen.

Feel very bad for Stafford and Lions fans-when he gets the chance to play he looks like a good QB in the making, just too bad he also seems so injury prone.
Old 11-09-2010, 09:58 AM   #287
RomaGoth
Favored Bitch #2

Quote:
More quarterback injury news:

Matt Moore on IR with an injured shoulder for Carolina and looking like Stafford headed that way for Detroit after reinjuring his shoulder this past week. I think Carolina might as well give rookie Tony Pike a shot as starter, he saw a lot of playing time in the game against the Saints and didn't throw an INT, so that already gives him the edge over Claussen.

Feel very bad for Stafford and Lions fans-when he gets the chance to play he looks like a good QB in the making, just too bad he also seems so injury prone.

The only guy who seemed to never get hurt was Joey Harrington. Ugh.
RomaGoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 01:51 PM   #288
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

Damn. TO is balling hard this season. He is still amazing.
Old 11-10-2010, 12:47 PM   #289
molson
General Manager

Gostkowski out for the year for the Pats.

The Pats have been so lucky to avoid the revolving door kicker thing for about 15 years now. Now they have Shayne Graham. At least for this week.

Last edited by molson : 11-10-2010 at 12:48 PM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 02:48 PM   #290
Kodos
Resident Alien

Looks like Chad Henne has been demoted, and Chad Pennington will be the started in Miami now. I kinda think we should just leave Henne in. This team ain't a Super Bowl contender, so why not let the evaluation of Henne continue?
Old 11-10-2010, 09:05 PM   #291
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
Looks like Chad Henne has been demoted, and Chad Pennington will be the started in Miami now. I kinda think we should just leave Henne in. This team ain't a Super Bowl contender, so why not let the evaluation of Henne continue?

I think Miami needs to start Coastal Carolina's own Tyler Thigpen. A bit surprised they demoted Henne-I mean they've won a number of games with him, but if they think they have a shot at a wildcard, maybe the more experienced Pennington is the better choice?
Old 11-10-2010, 09:09 PM   #292
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Dave Meggett has been sentenced to 30 years in jail

Ex-NFL RB David Meggett sentenced to 30 years in prison after conviction on charges of criminal sexual conduct, burglary - ESPN
Old 11-10-2010, 09:15 PM   #293
sabotai
General Manager

Someone forward that to Big Ben.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 09:16 PM   #294
JS19
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Tzu View Post

Huh, don't remember hearing anything about his legal troubles. Meggett was my favorite player growing up.
JS19 is offline   Reply With Quote