Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-06-2010, 04:53 PM   #101
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
JINX!

Well, they'll be great in the final five minutes of the game hopefully.. I'm hoping for Neb/ISU, LSU/Bama, Oregon/UW. We'll see.
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 05:04 PM   #102
henry296
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthean View Post
52-52 even before OT. 67-65 total. RR has to breathe a sigh of relief that they won, or his decision to bench Robinson would be the virtual lock for him to be gone.

Actual it was 45 all after regulation, but the point remains the same.
Old 11-06-2010, 05:17 PM   #103
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

All right! ISU back in it after a TD and then a fumble on the ensuing kick off return. Red zone again. Let's go ISU!
Old 11-06-2010, 05:18 PM   #104
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Touchdown on 3rd and long. 24-24 in Iowa City. C'mon baby! Badgers need your help Cyclones!
Old 11-06-2010, 05:23 PM   #105
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

WOO! Big stop for ISU! ISU ball once again! LETS GO BABY!
Old 11-06-2010, 05:38 PM   #106
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Nobody watching the Husker/Clones game? Less than a 1 minute to go, Nebraska ball at mid field, they just used their last time out and its 3rd and 5ish. This thing is likely headed to overtime.

Last edited by mauchow : 11-06-2010 at 05:39 PM.
Old 11-06-2010, 05:43 PM   #107
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

40 seconds left for ISU, all three timeouts remaining and they'll start at the 20 yard line. No big mistake turnovers here... Almost would rather just down it and send it into OT.

edit: and that's what they decide. Overtime it is. Kinda weak but understandable. Take the slight momentum and hope your defense can make a big stop.

Bama choking it away. What a good day for the Wisconsin Badgers. They could potentially jump 4 to 5 spots from #9...

Last edited by mauchow : 11-06-2010 at 05:47 PM.
Old 11-06-2010, 05:54 PM   #108
sovereignstar v2
hates iowa

FAIL
sovereignstar v2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 05:55 PM   #109
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Saw that coming. Nebraska scores first. Iowa St scores and does a fake extra point... he had him but it was the weakest throw I have ever seen that allowed the defender to catch up to the ball and Nebraska hangs on for the win! WoW!

Last edited by mauchow : 11-06-2010 at 05:56 PM.
Old 11-06-2010, 06:00 PM   #110
Kodos
Resident Alien

Nice that JoePa's 400th win didn't come against Indiana.
Old 11-06-2010, 06:07 PM   #111
Bigsmooth
College Prospect

Navy put 76 on ECU! Balls.
Bigsmooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 06:09 PM   #112
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

Glad I got home in time to see the last minutes of the PSU game. Congrats JoePa!
Dr. Sak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 06:14 PM   #113
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsmooth View Post
Navy put 76 on ECU! Balls.

How did RichRod coach two teams today?
Old 11-06-2010, 06:18 PM   #114
Buccaneer
Head Coach

I don't understand the ending of the AL/LSU game.

Quote:

4-9-AL47(1:00) Josh Jasper punted for 33 yards. Marquis Maze made a faircatch.
Alabama Crimson Tide at 1:00
1-10-AL14(0:13) Greg McElroy passed incomplete.

The GameTracker had Alabama with the ball at 1:00 with 3 timeouts left. What happened in that 47 seconds after the fair catch?

Last edited by Buccaneer : 11-06-2010 at 06:19 PM.
Buccaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 06:19 PM   #115
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

'Bama went up 14-10 and I came to the conclusion that LSU couldn't really stop 'Bama's passing game. 14 points later and I'm going, "What the hell just happened." LSU flat out out coached 'Bama today. The college football season just got way less interesting for me. If Auburn for any reason slips, the SEC isn't winning a title this year.
Old 11-06-2010, 06:21 PM   #116
StLee
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buccaneer View Post

The GameTracker had Alabama with the ball at 1:00 with 3 timeouts left. What happened in that 47 seconds after the fair catch?

LSU took a delay of game penalty with about 20 secs left and then punted. Alabama then threw three straight incomplete passes, the last two serving as Hail Marys.

Oops, the last play was not a Hail Mary but a short pass with a few laterals before the guy was tackled.

Softball in Korea 1 and 2: http://www.operationsports.com/fofc/...softball+korea + http://www.operationsports.com/fofc/...ad.php?t=83736

Last edited by StLee : 11-06-2010 at 06:22 PM. Reason: Mistake
StLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 06:21 PM   #117
cschex
High School Varsity

Quote:

GameTrackes was wrong, the 3rd down play ended around a minute, Delay of game taken on 4th down at 25 seconds, punt and fair catch w/ about ~20 secs left. Bama was out of timeouts.

Oh, and GEAUX TIGERS!
cschex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 06:24 PM   #118
Buccaneer
Head Coach

Quote:
the SEC isn't winning a title this year.

And then the joy of the world would be complete.
Old 11-06-2010, 06:26 PM   #119
Buccaneer
Head Coach

Thanks for explanations.
Old 11-06-2010, 06:45 PM   #120
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
And then the joy of the world would be complete.

To be honest I'm almost hoping for Auburn and Oregon to get beat so the BCS is forced to take TCU and BSU in the title game.
Old 11-06-2010, 08:33 PM   #121
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Oklahoma may be in trouble at A&M (19-7 mid 3rd)
Tennessee is not in trouble at Memphis (37-7 Vols, still 2:30 left 1st half)
Old 11-06-2010, 09:20 PM   #122
Scarecrow
College Prospect

And the Fire Mack Brown chants get louder and louder...
Old 11-06-2010, 09:23 PM   #123
Celeval
Pro Starter

Every time you think Texas has hit the low point... they currently trail Kansas State 38-0 in the third quarter, Garrett Gilbert has thrown 5 interceptions (including 2 in the first two minutes of the second half), and Kansas State has just now (7:29 remaining in the third quarter) completed their first pass of the game.
Celeval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 09:24 PM   #124
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

And A&M just scored again to go back up 33-17 (after OU had closed to within 19-17).
Old 11-06-2010, 09:31 PM   #125
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

And don't look now but TxTech has scored 21 unanswered to lead Missouri 24-17
Old 11-06-2010, 09:40 PM   #126
MJ4H
Coordinator

Nice to see a convincing win on the road against a legit top 25 team today. 41-20 at South Carolina. Not as close as the score looked either.
MJ4H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 09:57 PM   #127
Cuckoo
College Starter

Road OU, otherwise known as Mr. Hyde, returns. Looks like someone other than OU or Texas in the south might get to play in the Big 12 Championship for the first time in a long while.

Sooners are a talented team but clearly not a great one. Even worse, they still have two tough road games left ahead.

Last edited by Cuckoo : 11-06-2010 at 09:59 PM.
Cuckoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 11:10 PM   #128
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Had to go to work at halftime of the Michigan game so I just finished watching it.

First, I hope the selection committee takes this game into account come March.

Second, it's hard to dismiss how good our O is under RR but fucking christ our defense. If somehow RR let a DC come in with his staff and do his own thing I'd be all for him sticking around. Our O only loses one player next year which is scary to think about but I don't know of any coach who'd make such concessions.

Alas I can dream.

What this did show me is we should roll Purdue next week and then we need to play our asses off vs UW/OSU for RR to stick around. He may be able to stick at 7-5 but if OSU blows our doors off he's gone.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 11:19 PM   #129
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Garret Gilbert is looking more and more like Chris Simms Lite.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 12:40 AM   #130
Big Fo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
'Bama went up 14-10 and I came to the conclusion that LSU couldn't really stop 'Bama's passing game. 14 points later and I'm going, "What the hell just happened." LSU flat out out coached 'Bama today. The college football season just got way less interesting for me. If Auburn for any reason slips, the SEC isn't winning a title this year.

If Auburn lost to Alabama but won the SEC championship game, what kind of chances would they have of making the title game?

At this point I want Auburn and Oregon to remain undefeated, I think that would be a really fun title game to watch.
Big Fo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 01:23 AM   #131
MrBug708
Head Coach

Nice to see Kai Forbath hit his first game winner ever (HS or College). Hope to see the nation's best kicker take it to the NFL and he could very well be a first day draft pick (well, rounds 1-3), though it's not that likely

Last edited by MrBug708 : 11-07-2010 at 01:24 AM.
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 01:36 AM   #132
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Fo View Post
If Auburn lost to Alabama but won the SEC championship game, what kind of chances would they have of making the title game?

At this point I want Auburn and Oregon to remain undefeated, I think that would be a really fun title game to watch.
That's what makes the whole system so fucking stupid. If Auburn lost to Alabama in the first week of conference play, they'd have a shot. But I still think a loss that late in the year is tough to overcome.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 01:47 AM   #133
MrBug708
Head Coach

How do the refs blow that two point conversion for USC?
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 02:35 AM   #134
Carman Bulldog
College Benchwarmer

So, to get this straight, TCU and Oregon are a combined 41-4 over the past two seasons, with two of those four losses (one apiece) coming against Boise State. Now granted, both of those victories were last year, but Boise only lost 1 starter on offense and defense combined. It amazes me how little respect they are getting when it comes to the four remaining undefeated teams.
Carman Bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 08:12 AM   #135
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Fo View Post

Zero. Oregon, TC, and BSU are making too strong of cases at this point for a one loss team to sneak in. 'Bama was the only team I could see doing it, but then that idea got killed.

'Bama can beat Auburn, but it's up to 'Bama's offense to play at the level they are suppose to versus "Wait, we have to score now?" which they tend to do far more than they should. I thought coming into this year 'Bama's offense would be something that could put up 30-40 in a game and they have only shown flashes of it.
Old 11-07-2010, 08:16 AM   #136
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carman Bulldog View Post
So, to get this straight, TCU and Oregon are a combined 41-4 over the past two seasons, with two of those four losses (one apiece) coming against Boise State. Now granted, both of those victories were last year, but Boise only lost 1 starter on offense and defense combined. It amazes me how little respect they are getting when it comes to the four remaining undefeated teams.

Oregon beat rather handedly a one loss Stanford team that looks rather rock solid. TCU just smoked an undefeated team by 40 while doing so on the road. Auburn is undefeated and in the SEC. I think not giving any of the teams their respect due is short sided.
Old 11-07-2010, 08:16 AM   #137
RedKingGold
College Starter

My God, Texas has been a NC contender for several years now. One down year and people are calling for his firing? Ridiculous.
RedKingGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 09:12 AM   #138
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedKingGold View Post
My God, Texas has been a NC contender for several years now. One down year and people are calling for his firing? Ridiculous.

I was thinking the same thing. Win a title, play in another title game, contend for a few others. Then have one bad season and it is time for the coach to go.

And people call SEC fans nuts.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 09:17 AM   #139
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

I still do not understand why Pinkel doesn't at least try the freshman Franklin after Gabbert becomes clearly uneffective yet again!!!

Texas Tech switched QB's and won the fcking game!
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 09:23 AM   #140
Buccaneer
Head Coach

I have long been a defender of bowl games, even though I do think they have way too many. But remember back when January 1 bowl games used to mean something? It's not that they have some BCS bowl games are on other days but look what kind of teams get to play on January 1:

SEC No. 6
Big Ten No. 7
Big 12/C-USA leftover
Big 10 No. 4/5

But we do have the Fiesta, Rose and Capital One that do too. Did they purposely fill the remaining schedule with dredges in order to emphasize the three bigger games?

Last edited by Buccaneer : 11-07-2010 at 09:24 AM.
Old 11-07-2010, 09:42 AM   #141
Greyroofoo
Pro Starter

I don't see what it hurts by having those extra games.
Greyroofoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 09:50 AM   #142
Buccaneer
Head Coach

My point is that there used to be a hierarchy of bowls: the smaller, least significant bowls starting off 2 weeks before New Years and then getting bigger until the Jan 1 bowls. I know BCS has messed that up some but when you have teams like Stanford, Utah, WVU, Ok State and Clemson playing prior to Jan 1. and then on that day, you reward teams like Texas, Illinois, Penn State and So. Carolina.
Old 11-07-2010, 09:58 AM   #143
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

I agree that Jan 1 bowls just aren't a big draw for me anymore. I remember as a kid spending all day in front of the tv, but now there is always a game or two I don't care about.
Old 11-07-2010, 10:32 AM   #144
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

My biggest problem with the sheer number of bowl games is that all you need is a 6-6 record to have the chance to play in one. Considering how easy it is to get 2-3 wins to start the season and then merely get 3 wins in your conference, it's really not saying much to be 6-6.
Old 11-07-2010, 10:53 AM   #145
MJ4H
Coordinator

Am I alone in thinking this call is about as indefensible as it gets?

MJ4H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 10:57 AM   #146
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

MF4H, that is very pathetic. Hopefully one day there will be a much better system in place. They should have about 3-7 different people in different rooms that have no idea what the score to the game is, no idea what the situation is and calling what they think the call should have been; majority rules.

Hell, they could have a central location for this. 100 people locked in a room for the afternoon waiting for a replay to overlook.

Last edited by mauchow : 11-07-2010 at 11:00 AM.
Old 11-07-2010, 11:49 AM   #147
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

It's sad that the best conference year after year...has the crappiest officials year after year. I told my one observer how I like to watch D1 games and watch their mechanics and calls...his response to me was "Don't watch the SEC officials, they are shit."

It's a shame because the commish of the SEC officials is Rogers Redding who is a main rules interpreter for the NCAA.
Dr. Sak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 01:29 PM   #148
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
There isn't a peep of 'Fire Mack Brown' in the Austin area. Not sure who was hearing that.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 01:51 PM   #149
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah View Post
I still do not understand why Pinkel doesn't at least try the freshman Franklin after Gabbert becomes clearly uneffective yet again!!!

Texas Tech switched QB's and won the fcking game!

I'd agree. Gabbert has to be one of the more baffling QB's we've had in awhile. His highs and lows have a really wide range of performance.

With that said, I think MU's record is right about where I'd expect it at this point. The unfortunate part is that loss took all the drama out of the North race. Nebraska has to fall really flat to miss the Championship at this point.

The B12 is just a mess right now.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 02:09 PM   #150
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ4H View Post
Am I alone in thinking this call is about as indefensible as it gets?

{shrug} I'd have ruled it incomplete myself.