Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-28-2010, 03:42 PM   #201
Kodos
Resident Alien

Wow. That is REALLY douchey of Vince Neil. Killing one guy isn't bad enough, I guess? And in the Behind The Music special, he basically admitted that he got off easy because they figured the only way he could pay the family was to let him stay out of jail and continue to perform. I like Motley Crue, but this doesn't sit well with me.

Also, I can't believe George Lynch is willing to put up with Don Dokken at this point in his life.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 03:47 PM   #202
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
Also, I can't believe George Lynch is willing to put up with Don Dokken at this point in his life.

I think it is a marriage of convenience for George at this point, knowing what an egomaniacal prick Dokken is.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 03:49 PM   #203
BYU 14
Coordinator

I know they go way back before the 80's, but since their biggest commerical hit was released then, did anybody watch the Rush documentary over the weekend on VH1? I am only a casual fan, but found the documentary very well done and quite interesting.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 11:09 PM   #204
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Is Lynch still a roid monster?
Grammaticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 09:08 AM   #205
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

No. In fact, he made a few comments/jokes about how looking back on it, he can't believe how stupid he was (not about roids, but the bodybuilding). He said it got to the point where he couldn't play extended solos because he didn't have the dexterity in his arms/hands to keep them moving.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 09:10 AM   #206
Ksyrup

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU 14 View Post
I think it is a marriage of convenience for George at this point, knowing what an egomaniacal prick Dokken is.

Not really. They have no set plans to work together right now, although they said they'd like to do it at some point in the future and Dokken's current guitarist gave his blessing. But the one guy's in Foreigner and Lynch is still doing Lynch Mob and other projects. They didn't sound like there was anything planned at all. They just stopped fighting for a night to appear on the show (although they said a lot of that was the gimmick the record company used to sell them, and they bought into it and started living it).

It was an interesting interview.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 06-29-2010, 12:21 PM   #207
wahoomac
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU 14 View Post
I know they go way back before the 80's, but since their biggest commerical hit was released then, did anybody watch the Rush documentary over the weekend on VH1? I am only a casual fan, but found the documentary very well done and quite interesting.

I watched most of it on VH1 this weekend and it was very well done. I believe it is coming out on Bluray and DVD today (I'll probably be picking it up soon). Also saw that they got a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame recently. Good for them!
Old 07-01-2010, 11:03 PM   #208
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Took a look at the Lynch bio. I didn't realize he tried out for Ozzy's gig twice. The first time he lost out to Rhodes. No way he could win that one. The second time he apparently got the job in front of Jake E. Lee and quite before it got started. Just think of how much better the Ozzy lineup would have been if Lynch had stayed on instead of Lee.
Old 07-02-2010, 08:18 AM   #209
Kodos
Resident Alien

Always loved George Lynch's playing style. Would have been interesting to see what he would have done with Ozzy.
Old 07-15-2010, 10:21 AM   #210
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Scorpions rocked, as always, at their final Atlanta tour appearance last night.
I've never seen anyone who sounds as good consistently as they do, their sound mix is always dead on. While they may have made some questionable decisions on the last few albums preceding the current one, as far as live performance goes they're exiting with their skills intact. Pretty remarkable really, considering it's been nearly 30 years since I saw them the first time.

Ratt was mostly good, I was certainly impressed by DeMartini's consistency, hasn't lost a thing over the years, and Cavazo fits in very well IMO. Pearcy's voice isn't quite what it used to be, he can still hit the same spots he used to but just not as consistently but on the whole the group is quite solid.

It was hard for me not to be disappointed with the crowd though, I'd guess about 3500-4500 tops, lots of empty seats behind me. My first trip to the Verizon Amphitheater, pretty impressed with it (although being only a year old surely helps the look & feel of any venue), especially with the amount of manpower they throw at parking & managing traffic flow on entrance & exit. I've never gotten into or out of any event with less hassle than this one.
Old 07-16-2010, 07:01 AM   #211
Ksyrup

Looks like Slayer, Megadeth and Anthrax are coming to Louisville in October. I'd love to go (Seasons in the Abyss and Rust In Peace in their entirety? Fuck yeah!), but I have no one to go with. I'm pretty much the only person I know who (still) listens to metal.
Old 07-16-2010, 08:54 AM   #212
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
Looks like Slayer, Megadeth and Anthrax are coming to Louisville in October. I'd love to go (Seasons in the Abyss and Rust In Peace in their entirety? Fuck yeah!), but I have no one to go with. I'm pretty much the only person I know who (still) listens to metal.

My advice? Go anyway. If nothing else you'll see evidence that you're definitely not alone. Hell, I was probably at or under the median age of the crowd for Scorps/Ratt and wasn't really out of the norm at Metallica a couple of years ago either.

Sounds to me like you need to rethink your circle of friends
Old 07-16-2010, 09:05 AM   #213
Ksyrup

Friends? I'm married with 2 kids. They are the ones I spend 99.8% of my non-working hours with. The only friends I have are the parents of our kids friends or neighbors. And they are just a random bunch of people, none of whom I even discuss music with, let alone share tastes.

I don't live anywhere near where I grew up or went to school, so it's not like I have old (real) friends around anymore. Friends these days are just by circumstance.

Although, I might have 1 guy who could meet me there if the stars align. My best friend from high school just moved to Indianapolis amonth ago (completely forgot about it until now), so it's possible he could meet me in Louisville. Otherwise, I'm not going to something like that alone. I've done it for smaller venues when I was younger, but it's just not that important to me these days. I'd love to go, but not that much.
Old 08-04-2010, 03:11 PM   #214
Ksyrup

Damn, I missed it!

OK, now this is getting bizarre...

Old 08-31-2010, 09:51 AM   #215
Ksyrup

Appetite for...Everything

or...Dancing with Mr. Cold Stone

I used to eat a little
But a little wouldn't do it
So a little
Got more and more
Old 08-31-2010, 09:59 AM   #216
Kodos
Resident Alien

Who knew You Could Be Mine was about Big Macs?

And I thought Joe Elliott hadn't aged all that well.

Last edited by Kodos : 08-31-2010 at 10:01 AM.
Old 08-31-2010, 08:54 PM   #217
Ksyrup

LOL!

Old 08-31-2010, 10:11 PM   #218
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Wow, Axl Rose is starting to look like Hulk Hogan....only with a fatter head.
Old 09-01-2010, 06:52 AM   #219
Ksyrup

I don't know why, but I can't leave this alone!

Last edited by Ksyrup : 09-01-2010 at 06:53 AM.
Old 09-01-2010, 08:30 AM   #220
DanGarion
Coordinator

Looks like this is for people who like a different type of 80's music then me...
DanGarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 08:34 AM   #221
Ksyrup

Not really...it's just that no one else posts.

What, you got some Billy Ocean or Depeche Mode news to share?
Old 09-01-2010, 09:08 AM   #222
Kodos
Resident Alien

Debbie Gibson perhaps?
Old 09-01-2010, 05:17 PM   #223
DanGarion
Coordinator

I tend to the alt/new wave 80's spectrum.
DanGarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 10:53 PM   #224
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

What's left for Axl? Unleashing the f'n fury?

Sleaze Roxx: Guns N' Roses Walk Off Stage After Twenty Minutes At Dublin Gig
Disaster was in the air at tonight's Guns N' Roses gig at The O2 in Dublin, Ireland when front man Axl Rose walked off stage after only 20 minutes. Fans were left bitterly disappointed after waiting for over an hour for the band to appear on stage in the first instance.

Trouble was brewing as fans began to get agitated whilst waiting for Guns N' Roses to come on stage, only making an appearance at 10.25pm - well over an hour after the support act, Danko, had finished playing. Some angry fans booed and threw a few beer/water bottles on stage in protest at the delay.

After a mediocre start, Axl Rose stopped the band after breaking into Welcome to the Jungle - just as the crowd were beginning to be won over - after another bottle was thrown up on stage. At this he announced "one more bottle and we're going home, we're here to have fun and we hope you are too, but one more and we are gone".

The gig continued for another 3 songs and as Rose was introducing the band, another missile was thrown at the band. At this, Rose took the band, bid his goodnight and stormed off the stage at about 10.50pm.

Just after 11pm, a member of the O2 staff arrived on stage telling the crowd that there were some "technical difficulties" and they were trying to get GnR back on stage. A short while after, another staff member arrived on stage to plead with the now depleting crowd to stop throwing bottles as they were still trying to get Axl Rose to return to the stage. 11.10pm, the main lights came on and the majority of the crowd left The O2.

The night was not over yet however, with GnR returning to the stage at about 11.25pm and continued playing a set to a small but pretty irate crowd.
Old 09-01-2010, 11:24 PM   #225
Recoil
High School Varsity

Recoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 05:56 AM   #226
Apathetic Lurker
College Prospect

My friends band opened up for Tears for Fears not that long ago and should be opening up for the Tubes soon .....Old balding people doing the New Wave thing is just disconcerting....

But then I would pay to see Poly Styrene if she came to Buffalo....Seeing punk icons from the 70's would be even stranger
Apathetic Lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 07:28 AM   #227
Ksyrup

Anyone remember the Killer Dwarfs?

Here's Mike Dwarf's (Mike Hall) new gig:

Old 12-07-2010, 06:36 AM   #228
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Judas Priest announces farewell tour for 2011
JudasPriest.com :: News - Judas Priest announce farewell EPITAPH World Tour!!

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 12-07-2010 at 06:37 AM.
JonInMiddleGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 06:41 AM   #229
Ksyrup

Not another "final" tour...since this is a final world tour, that just means that after this, they will tour each continent in a separate and distinct tour. Nope, no more final world tours!!
Old 12-07-2010, 07:33 AM   #230
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Not another "final" tour...since this is a final world tour, that just means that after this, they will tour each continent in a separate and distinct tour. Nope, no more final world tours!!

Eh, I figure this is really it for them as Judas Priest. They range in age from 59 to 62, the most recent album was awfully meh, and Rob has Halford as a viable side project.
Old 12-07-2010, 08:24 AM   #231
Ksyrup

Seems to me they are doing the "final' tour thing that all of these bands are doing to drum up sales for the next tour. They might take a break, but I doubt this is it, absent a serious illness/death in the intervening years.

I might try to see this, though. Priest was always my favorite growing up, and I haven't seen them since 90 or 91.
Old 02-24-2011, 06:23 PM   #232
Buccaneer
Head Coach

I came across this when reading CNN's list of Top 25 Soundtracks (where it seeems half of them were from the 1980s):

Quote:
its sound track was selling 50,000 to 100,000 copies a day

This was in reference to Flashdance. It seems amazing compared to nowadays where 50,000 would be an annual total for a hit record.
Buccaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 03:44 PM   #233
Ksyrup

Looks like the wife has put me on notice that we'll be seeing the Journey/Foreigner/Night Ranger summer tour. Could be worse, I guess.
Old 04-20-2011, 12:05 PM   #234
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Thanks for the memories K.K. I hope retirement is more fun than he ever imagined.
Judas Priest Guitarist K.K. Downing Retires - Noisecreep

Replacement is 31 y/o Richie Faulkner, the guitarist from Lauren Harris' band (you know, daughter of Maiden's Steve Harris). She's horrible, thankfully he's not.
Old 04-20-2011, 12:33 PM   #235
Suicane75
Coordinator

Quote:
Looks like the wife has put me on notice that we'll be seeing the Journey/Foreigner/Night Ranger summer tour. Could be worse, I guess.

My good man, it could not possibly be any better.
Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 02:07 PM   #236
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

U2 will end up with the highest grossing tour ever when their current tour ends grossing over $500 million dollars. Last week I heard The Beastie Boys newest single being number one for the day on the local college station. Even if both bands formed in the late 70s, neither put out a major label record until '80 and '84.
Old 04-20-2011, 08:27 PM   #237
Ksyrup

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Thanks for the memories K.K. I hope retirement is more fun than he ever imagined.
Judas Priest Guitarist K.K. Downing Retires - Noisecreep

Replacement is 31 y/o Richie Faulkner, the guitarist from Lauren Harris' band (you know, daughter of Maiden's Steve Harris). She's horrible, thankfully he's not.

Wow, didn't see that coming. Must have something to do with all the mixed signals coming from the band about this being the final tour and then not final we'll still be doing small tours over the next years, etc.
Old 04-20-2011, 08:28 PM   #238
Ksyrup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicane75 View Post
My good man, it could not possibly be any better.

Would have been better if the tickets were close to reasonable. Wife said bag it when the tickets were $100+ for sitting way in the back a few rows in front of the lawn.
Old 04-20-2011, 08:37 PM   #239
Kodos
Resident Alien

Yeah, I hate it when bands try to rape you with their ticket prices. I don't need to see any group that badly.
Old 04-20-2011, 08:43 PM   #240
Scarecrow
College Prospect

Was planning on going to the following (until I saw the ticket prices):

Yes & Styx (tickets aren't on sale yet)
Steely Dan (tickets going for $166 - $378)
Journey, Foreigner, Night Ranger (tickets going for $114 - $321)
Old 04-20-2011, 08:54 PM   #241
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Crossed the Journey shows off my list for much the same reason. Then again, they paled in comparison to what Bob Seger was raping people for on the Atlanta stop ($85 was the cheapest ticket, up to like $320)

For $35 I'll stick with Avenged Sevenfold/Seether/Alter Bridge on May 5th
(although damned if I understand how someone picked those three for a show together)
Old 04-20-2011, 08:57 PM   #242
Kodos
Resident Alien

There isn't a band on the planet that I'd pay over $100 to see.
Old 04-20-2011, 09:04 PM   #243
Buccaneer
Head Coach

Me neither. When I saw Heart/Journey/Cheap Trick, I got 12 (?) rows back from the front for $90. I didn't think prices would go up that much in just a few years.
Buccaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 09:06 PM   #244
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
There isn't a band on the planet that I'd pay over $100 to see.

I'd do it for Maiden, but only because my son hasn't seen them live. For me personally, not even for them. Beyond that exception, I wouldn't pay $100+ for anyone, including Hendrix opening for Elvis.
Old 04-20-2011, 09:31 PM   #245
dwardzala
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Yeah, I hate it when bands try to rape you with their ticket prices. I don't need to see any group that badly.

And at this point in their careers, they aren't nearly as good as they were in their heyday.
dwardzala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 10:42 PM   #246
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
I'd do it for Maiden, but only because my son hasn't seen them live. For me personally, not even for them. Beyond that exception, I wouldn't pay $100+ for anyone, including Hendrix opening for Elvis.

I'd pay $100 in a heartbeat to see Jimmy Page play.
Old 04-21-2011, 08:32 AM   #247
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

I ought to correct something I said, just 'cause it bugs me that I misremembered it. It wasn't pricing that caused me to write off the Journey tour this fall, it was timing. Decent seats at Lakewood Ampi are on the high side, around $70 each, but you can get general admission on the lawn for $35 and with a 4-pack special they're just $25 each (incl. junk fees). It was the fact they were scheduled on a Friday night during HS football season that caused me to take it off my list (webcast responsibilities & all that).

I'm actually more interested in seeing them now, with Pineda on vocals, than I ever was back in the day. I want to see for myself if this guy is as good as he appears to be.
Old 05-23-2011, 02:35 PM   #248
Ksyrup

Um...

MURFREESBORO — A former KISS guitarist is accused of beating his wife so badly she had to be hospitalized this past weekend, and when officers went to the guitarist’s home to make an arrest they found four sealed containers with dead dogs inside, according to a sheriff's incident report.

A booking officer at the Rutherford County Adult Detention Center confirmed Vinnie Vincent, whose real name is Vincent John Cusano, was charged with one count of aggravated assault on Saturday. Cusano was lead guitarist for the rock band KISS between 1982 and 1984 and replaced original band member Ace Frehley.

An incident report on file at the Rutherford County Sheriff’s Office details the incident that led to that arrest.

Diane Cusano, Vincent Cusano’s wife, showed up at the Rutherford County Sheriff’s Office Saturday covered in blood and reportedly intoxicated, according to the RCSO incident report. Authorities immediately called an ambulance to transport Cusano to Middle Tennessee Medical Center here in Murfreesboro.

Cusano explained she had been in an argument with her husband over a woman he had been talking to, the report reads.

During the argument Cusano said her husband told her to “get the (expletive) out of the house” and then got physically violent, smacking her in the face, grabbing her by the hair and throwing her on the ground, according to the report. She claims her husband then dragged her through a pile of glass from a broken plate that was on the floor before the argument started.

When deputies went to Vincent Cusano’s 101 Woodland Trail home in Smyrna to speak with him about the incident they were unable to make contact immediately, which resulted in the Rutherford County Felony Arrest Search Tactical (FAST) team being called to the home. FAST team members found Cusano and arrested him without incident.

Deputies who went to the house reported finding four sealed containers that had deceased dogs inside them. Rutherford County animal welfare officers were called to the house in response to that finding, according to police. An investigation is pending in that matter.
Old 05-23-2011, 03:06 PM   #249
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

WTH is VV doing living in Murfreesboro?
Old 05-23-2011, 03:55 PM   #250
Ksyrup

There are a bunch of them in the Nashville area. They all seem to want to get in on the pop country stuff. Keel, Slaughter, Cinderella, etc. We were just discussing this on another board a couple of weeks ago.