Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-24-2013, 07:02 PM   #51
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Only two days left until the episode. Starting to get a bit crazy. The Supernatural SyFy Facebook site seems to be trying to add a bit of drama in the build-up to the episode. Not sure how pleased I am about that, but I'll reserve judgment until after the episode airs.

It's exciting for sure. We're expecting a huge turnout for our watch party.

Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 10:47 AM   #52
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Another teaser video put up by Jason Hawes. He made the comment on his Facebook page that "The location that airs this week is a crazy place!".

One day to go!

Old 06-26-2013, 07:40 PM   #53
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

21 minutes and counting (aka thread bumpity reminder)
Old 06-26-2013, 08:01 PM   #54
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

watching
Old 06-26-2013, 08:10 PM   #55
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

one thing about all these ghost shows, they always film at night. seriously is there a ghost rule that says they only come out at night? you cant see at night. are ghosts like roaches?
Old 06-26-2013, 08:26 PM   #56
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Throwing a couple of questions in here so that I don't forget to ask

1) The "guests" shown in the opening set-up. all actual random(ish) guests, or any paranormal investigators amongst them?

2) The old folks home ... electrical service off to the old folks home & the hospital during filming, or still intact (as intact as wiring in a place of that age could be anyway)

edit to add

3) How much video and/or audio evidence are you given that doesn't make it into the final reveal as-aired?

4) And, I think you've mentioned this previously but I can't remember: single night of filming with the on-screen cast? or multiple nights edited into one for TV purposes?

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 06-26-2013 at 09:04 PM.
JonInMiddleGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 11:22 PM   #57
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Throwing a couple of questions in here so that I don't forget to ask

1) The "guests" shown in the opening set-up. all actual random(ish) guests, or any paranormal investigators amongst them?

2) The old folks home ... electrical service off to the old folks home & the hospital during filming, or still intact (as intact as wiring in a place of that age could be anyway)

edit to add

3) How much video and/or audio evidence are you given that doesn't make it into the final reveal as-aired?

4) And, I think you've mentioned this previously but I can't remember: single night of filming with the on-screen cast? or multiple nights edited into one for TV purposes?

1. Danny and Nick both run our investigations. They were two of the interviews on the episode.

2. Only the winery has electrical service.

3. Everything I was shown in the reveal was in the final episode. There was also some stuff that they didn't show me in the reveal that he did make the episode.

4. Two nights of investigation that was edited to be one night.
Old 06-26-2013, 11:25 PM   #58
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulletsponge View Post
one thing about all these ghost shows, they always film at night. seriously is there a ghost rule that says they only come out at night? you cant see at night. are ghosts like roaches?

Most of my experiences are during the day, so that's definitely not the case. The investigations occur at night not because it's night, but because that's the best time to investigate. There's minimal light pollution, minimal noise pollution, and no one around to contaminate the evidence.
Old 06-26-2013, 11:32 PM   #59
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Overall, I was very pleased with the episode. They overplayed my fears a bit for dramatic effect and the concerns about the movement of spirits were a bit overplayed. Also, they made some mistakes showing one building at certain points while identifying it as something else. With that said, viewers likely wouldn't notice the mistakes like our staff/family would.

We had 350 people packed into the winery tonight to watch the show and they LOVED it. We had local news crews reporting live from the party. It was a great source of pride for the community and they enjoyed having the winery as the focus.

We made a surprise announcement at the end of the watch party. We're having some of the cast back for a two day event in November. Guests include:

Amy Bruni
Adam Berry
Britt Griffith
Kris Williams
Chip Coffey

It's going to be a fantastic event that should sell out very quickly. Event site is below.

Belvior Winery
Old 06-27-2013, 08:13 PM   #60
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

I think anytime anyone said "tear it down" or some other permutation of tearing down the one building you should take a drink. You'd be drunk 5 minutes in.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

Last edited by sterlingice : 06-27-2013 at 08:13 PM.
sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 09:03 PM   #61
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post
I think anytime anyone said "tear it down" or some other permutation of tearing down the one building you should take a drink. You'd be drunk 5 minutes in.

SI

Yeah, the other good one to use for a drinking game was my name. The staff got a real kick out of them saying 'Jess' over and over again because I rarely go by that.
Old 06-28-2013, 07:18 AM   #62
CleBrownsfan
Pro Rookie

crap - forgot to record this. Are you able to watch it online or will there be a replay?

FOOL-X - Cleveland Naps
FOOL - Cleveland Cyclones
SLOP - Cuyahoga Spiders
CleBrownsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 08:04 AM   #63
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Really cool experience for you. You are not what I have pictured all these years when I read a MBBF post, very Scott Van Peltish. The wife and I are going to have to come out for a tour sometime. You have any lodging on site? If not, can we set up a tent in the orphanage or bunker?

Agree with SI's drinking game also. Jess when are you going to tear that building down?
panerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 08:19 AM   #64
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by panerd View Post
very Scott Van Peltish.

That's funny, I thought the same thing, we have SVP on FOFC (I share that hairstyle with you too)

Really cool experience for you though and I enjoyed the show. I love old architecture and I really wish we lived closer, it would be neat to get down there for the event you have set up when they return.

I know you mentioned tearing the Nursing home down, what are your plans for the other buildings and after this show have you had any thoughts on setting up a seasonal Halloween attraction in one of them?

Last edited by BYU 14 : 06-28-2013 at 08:22 AM.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 09:12 AM   #65
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleBrownsfan View Post
crap - forgot to record this. Are you able to watch it online or will there be a replay?

Yes. The show will replay next Wednesday at 8:00 PM EDT. It will be show right before the new episode next week.
Old 06-28-2013, 09:15 AM   #66
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU 14 View Post
That's funny, I thought the same thing, we have SVP on FOFC (I share that hairstyle with you too)

Really cool experience for you though and I enjoyed the show. I love old architecture and I really wish we lived closer, it would be neat to get down there for the event you have set up when they return.

I know you mentioned tearing the Nursing home down, what are your plans for the other buildings and after this show have you had any thoughts on setting up a seasonal Halloween attraction in one of them?

We already have 10 people registered for the event who live 700+ miles away, none of which I personally know. Looks like the event has pretty far reaching interest.

We have had a haunted house in them before. The problem with that now is that we have 8 weddings already scheduled in October. That's our big money maker, so hard to justify having a bunch of teenagers strolling through the property while the wedding is going on.

We are currently working on a development plan to create a 55+ active living retirement community. We're hoping to get city approval later this summer and start construction by the end of the year.
Old 06-28-2013, 09:52 AM   #67
BYU 14
Coordinator

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan View Post
We already have 10 people registered for the event who live 700+ miles away, none of which I personally know. Looks like the event has pretty far reaching interest.

That's impressive and if it was just the distance we would likely come. But, being smack in the middle of Football season I can't really do any traveling with my coaching obligations.

Hopefully we can get out there some other time for a tour or maybe to renew our vows
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 10:44 AM   #68
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by panerd View Post
Really cool experience for you. You are not what I have pictured all these years when I read a MBBF post, very Scott Van Peltish. The wife and I are going to have to come out for a tour sometime. You have any lodging on site? If not, can we set up a tent in the orphanage or bunker?

Agree with SI's drinking game also. Jess when are you going to tear that building down?

And I dunno, but I hear that if you tear a building down the spirits might move next door (like 500 times!)

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 04:55 PM   #69
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Full episode was uploaded to YouTube for those that are interested.

Ghost Hunters S09E10 Vintage Spirits - YouTube
Old 06-30-2013, 11:08 PM   #70
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Saw some ratings information in a GH forum about the episode. Roughly 1.67M people watch the show. They said it was the fourth best rating on cable last week.
Old 06-30-2013, 11:15 PM   #71
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Saw some ratings information in a GH forum about the episode. Roughly 1.67M people watch the show. They said it was the fourth best rating on cable last week.

Not to be a downer, but I believe that's 4th in its timeslot. It trailed only Big Bang/TBS, Royal Pains/USA, Duck Dynasty/A&E, and Franklin & Bank/TNT.

Another positive for the episode was that it was up about 10% over the previous week's airing.
Old 06-30-2013, 11:20 PM   #72
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Not to be a downer, but I believe that's 4th in its timeslot. It trailed only Big Bang/TBS, Royal Pains/USA, Duck Dynasty/A&E, and Franklin & Bank/TNT.

Another positive for the episode was that it was up about 10% over the previous week's airing.

Thanks for the clarification. I'm not the TV guru. Glad we have one around to straighten it out.
Old 07-01-2013, 07:50 AM   #73
PilotMan
Head Coach

Piano ftw, my wife and I liked it.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 08:35 AM   #74
Logan
Head Coach

Congrats on the success of the show. Will check it out on YT at some point.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 11:17 PM   #75
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
Piano ftw, my wife and I liked it.

That was one of the things that I was pretty excited to see. I've heard the piano play on its own on two different occasions. Confirmation that you may not be nuts is always a good thing. I talked with Amy Bruni about the episode. She said that was her favorite experience at the winery.
Old 07-02-2013, 08:01 AM   #76
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

The piano was cool.

I'm surprised at a lot of the things they played up in the scheduled-for-demolition areas, though. Lot of random noises and such like that - some of those buildings are in bad, bad shape. Just walking in them could easily create weird noises, as the weight shifts around. None of them really mentioned that as a possibility.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 08:07 AM   #77
CleBrownsfan
Pro Rookie

Watched it on YT last night... very cool MBBF! I'm sure this will attract a lot of people to your winery. Have you had any "weird" request from people since the show aired? I'm sure with that kind of exposure you may get a lot of inquires about the spirits in the buildings.

FOOL-X - Cleveland Naps
FOOL - Cleveland Cyclones
SLOP - Cuyahoga Spiders
CleBrownsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 03:45 PM   #78
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleBrownsfan View Post
Watched it on YT last night... very cool MBBF! I'm sure this will attract a lot of people to your winery. Have you had any "weird" request from people since the show aired? I'm sure with that kind of exposure you may get a lot of inquires about the spirits in the buildings.

Perhaps a better way of putting it is that there are more weird requests than before. We've always had them, but now they appear to be coming in increased quantity and quality.

We've also stepped up security on the property. Trying to keep people out at night now that they feel they have a new reason to sneak in.

We have seen crowds double at a minimum since the show. With the Ghost Hunters event in November, we're pretty confident we can keep the crowds up through this year before I start working on new draws. FWIW......I may have another in with a major cable TV show on the way, but have not confirmed it just yet. Crossing my fingers. And before you ask, t's not even a paranormal show.

Last edited by Mizzou B-ball fan : 07-02-2013 at 03:47 PM.
Old 07-03-2013, 11:23 AM   #79
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Yes. The show will replay next Wednesday at 8:00 PM EDT. It will be show right before the new episode next week.

Just a programming note here ... looks like Syfy is doing old stuff this week (7/3) but the schedule indicates "Vintage Spirits" will air at 8p next week (7/10)
Old 07-10-2013, 02:35 PM   #80
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Reminder that the replay of the episode is tonight at 8:00 PM EDT tonight on SyFy Network if you missed it before.
Old 07-24-2013, 09:21 PM   #81
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Can't reveal details for a few weeks, but another national TV show called me today to confirm that they will be coming out to film at the winery. I can confirm that it's NOT a paranormal show.
Old 07-26-2013, 10:45 AM   #82
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Ooohhhhh, got a last second call that they had to cancel the shoot at the winery for the other show. They will likely come back for a future season since they're based relatively close to here. Can't reveal the show since it likely is still in the cards, but it might have been a show about two guys who like to sort through junk and buy old motorcycles, oil cans, etc.
Old 09-18-2013, 12:31 PM   #83
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Thought I'd pass this on from our Facebook page. We received a ton of social interaction from this post. Also, I've heard that our episode will replay as part of the all-day Ghost Hunters marathon leading up to the season premiere on October 9th. Not sure what time yet, but will pass it on when I hear.

Quote:
Interesting story from the mother of the bride on September 13th.

There was a small boy standing on the winery patio during the rehearsal on Thursday night. He was looking up to the second floor of the winery with interest. A couple of adults came over and asked what he was looking at. He said he was looking at the little boy standing in the window. The adults asked him where and he pointed at an empty window. They told him nothing was up there, but he continued to insist that there was a boy standing in the window looking at him.

The next night at the wedding, the same boy was standing in the middle of the reception room. He appeared to be carrying on a conversation, but no one was near him. The mother of the bride said she was nearby watching the situation. After a couple minutes of talking to no one in particular, the little boy yelled out, "Yeah, let's all play Ring-Around-The-Rosies!". The mother of the bride said she felt the shivers go through her body, fully knowing that the little boy had no idea about some of the previous reports of hauntings at the winery where kids have been heard singing that very same song.
Old 09-18-2013, 03:10 PM   #84
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Now that's creepy..
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 03:20 PM   #85
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Sounds like somewhere I would want to get married!
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 04:30 PM   #86
Kodos
Resident Alien

I hope that if I die and become a ghost, I at least manage to occupy my time doing something more stimulating than playing ring around the Rosie for eternity...
Old 11-13-2013, 12:39 AM   #87
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Lots of buzz about the event this weekend. Amy Bruni, Chip Coffey, Adam Berry, Kris Williams, and Britt Griffith will all be at the winery for a two day paranormal event.

Even more exciting is that we've worked out that they will be returning for another event next year at the winery thanks to how quickly this weekend's event sold out. There's going to be an awfully lot of happy people in the area once they find out that they're coming back in 2014.
Old 11-17-2013, 08:06 AM   #88
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

From this weekend's event. Everyone had a great time and it was wonderful to see my friends along with meeting Kris Williams and Chip Coffey. Chip Coffey loved the winery so much that he's going to be scheduling an event at the winery next year in addition to coming out for the TAPS event in the spring that we just firmed up.

Old 01-14-2014, 09:12 PM   #89
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Episode was uploaded to Youtube again if anyone wants to see it.

Have heard the DVD of Season 9 will hopefully be out by March.

Ghost Hunters S09E10 (Vintage Spirits) HD - YouTube
Old 08-13-2014, 10:34 AM   #90
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Another big event heading to the winery. Always fun to have them back to see us.

Strange Escapes | Belvoir Winery – April 3 & 4, 2015 – Liberty, MO
Old 08-13-2014, 11:57 AM   #91
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Old 08-13-2014, 12:08 PM   #92
Ragone
Pro Rookie

I still have been meaning to get down there.. I literally live under 8 minutes from your winery..
Ragone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 02:34 PM   #93
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragone View Post
I still have been meaning to get down there.. I literally live under 8 minutes from your winery..

Wine tasting is free. It doesn't get any cheaper than that.

Just drop me a PM when you decide to come out.
Old 08-13-2014, 02:50 PM   #94
Ragone
Pro Rookie

Money really isn't an issue mizzou.. time is
Ragone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 10:54 PM   #95
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Very cool. Missed that pic before. How does Kris look in person. Used to think she was cute but not quite so much anymore, maybe just the shots I have seen of her.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 01:42 PM   #96
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
Very cool. Missed that pic before. How does Kris look in person. Used to think she was cute but not quite so much anymore, maybe just the shots I have seen of her.

Kris is great. She's shy, but wonderful once you get to know her. She's easy on the eyes as well. She's currently in Europe with her boyfriend. He's a fighter pilot in the Australian Air Force.

I'm good friends now with Kris, Amy, Adam, and Chip. Our family just got back from a vacation in Florida where we spent five days at Marco Beach with Amy and Charlotte. Was great to get out of the winery for a few days and we spent time on the beach planning the upcoming event. Great meeting location.
Old 10-22-2014, 10:59 AM   #98
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Our Ghost Hunters episode is replaying at 12:00 PM EDT (i.e. right now) on SyFy Channel if anyone wants to see it.
Old 10-22-2014, 03:58 PM   #99
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragone View Post
Money really isn't an issue mizzou.. time is

Can I join you.. on your dime? Maybe catch dinner at Jack Stacks?
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 12:11 PM   #100
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

If anyone missed it, the DVD is FINALLY out for purchase.

http://www.moreghosts.com/products/g...eason-9-part-1