Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

View Poll Results: If Trump Loses In November, What Do You Think Happens Next
Normal transition of power. He meets with Biden, stays until 1/20, comes to inauguration, etc. 5 5.56%
He doesn't fight the result, but resigns prior to the inauguration. 2 2.22%
He fights the result but gives up shortly before the inauguration (let's define "shortly" as "some time after the EC meets on 12/14") 30 33.33%
He fights the result all the way to January 20th. Has to be physically removed. 12 13.33%
He fights the result for a short time, but gives up and resigns before the inauguration 6 6.67%
He fights the result for a short time, but gives up an then we have a normal transition as per option 1. 30 33.33%
Other. (You know you gotta specify this one.) 5 5.56%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-24-2023, 02:15 PM   #7801
Swaggs
Coordinator

Dola, regarding Desantis.

He seems pretty similar to Scott Walker in 2016. And someone else mentioned Jindal, although I'd argue that his lack of charisma during his state of the union rebuttal sunk him. Some of this stuff excites the base, but just doesn't play nationally.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2023, 02:34 PM   #7802
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post
Tucker Carlson producer caught in Dominion texts calling Trump election deniers ‘f***** terrorists’ | The Independent

I forgot - this wasn't him, it was one of his producers who texted: “This whole thing is surreal. Like negotiating with terrorists, but especially dumb ones. Cousin f****** types not saudi royalty.”

SI
Some of the quotes in this article an insane and so telling as to why Murdoch ponied up. Man I wish this had gone to trial.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2023, 02:39 PM   #7803
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post

Oh, and a Trump/Tucker ticket would make them rethink backing DeSantis.

These dopes think that ticket would guarantee the White House. Not sure anyone could bring out even more of an anti trump vote but if there is it’s tucker Carlson. Not to mention all dems would have to do is run some of the shit he has said in shows on a loop.
Old 04-24-2023, 03:00 PM   #7804
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
I think Fox realized he is a liability. I’m also wondering if they think this will help them in their smartmatic case. They can claim they are taking actions to improve their product.

My opinion is they just came to the conclusion he is more trouble than he is worth. I suspect he will either start a hugely successful podcast or sign a Joe Rogan like deal with Spotify.
I'm pretty sure it will be the podcast world. It doesn't have the reach of Fox, but he can make more money than he did since he can basically own it all himself.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2023, 03:07 PM   #7805
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I agree with Truml being Hillary at this point. He energizes the dems like no one else.

And it's a point that I do not believe his backers really understand ... and it's going to end up being costly.

I'm absolutely certain he has no chance in hell of winning in November, which cools my support considerably.

It won't end it though, I'd rather lose with him than win with some even more useless lightweight.
Old 04-24-2023, 03:19 PM   #7806
Thomkal
Head Coach

I'm seeing some reporting now that also factoring into Tucker's firing is the lawsuit by the ex-Fox producer which she said Tucker had some pretty horrible stuff about women. And that the firing came straight from Murdoch
Old 04-24-2023, 03:21 PM   #7807
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
I'm seeing some reporting now that also factoring into Tucker's firing is the lawsuit by the ex-Fox producer which she said Tucker had some pretty horrible stuff about women. And that the firing came straight from Murdoch

Sounds like it just hit the point where there was too much baggage and with all the lawsuits he was a liability.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2023, 04:05 PM   #7808
Thomkal
Head Coach

And on Good News Monday, Fani Willis Georgia DA revealed to local law enforcement that the indictments will be served sometime from mid july to early September. Can someone say "Hot Lanta!"
Old 04-24-2023, 04:09 PM   #7809
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Sounds like it just hit the point where there was too much baggage and with all the lawsuits he was a liability.

Here's what I don't get though about that line of thinking. Why is it just him leaving the network?

Why isn't Hannity or Jeanine Pirro also getting the boot?
Old 04-24-2023, 04:13 PM   #7810
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
And on Good News Monday, Fani Willis Georgia DA revealed to local law enforcement that the indictments will be served sometime from mid july to early September. Can someone say "Hot Lanta!"

Why so long?

That is too late. IT will be tied up in courts until he is the nominee then we will be told they can't charge him and it will be dropped.

I stand by my statement that nothing will ever be done to hold him truly accountable.
Old 04-24-2023, 04:14 PM   #7811
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post
Here's what I don't get though about that line of thinking. Why is it just him leaving the network?

Why isn't Hannity or Jeanine Pirro also getting the boot?

My guess is the other personalities can be controlled and they know Carlson can't be.
Old 04-24-2023, 04:19 PM   #7812
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Why so long?

That is too late. IT will be tied up in courts until he is the nominee then we will be told they can't charge him and it will be dropped.

I stand by my statement that nothing will ever be done to hold him truly accountable.

It's state not Federal. I would be more worried with the Georgia GOP trying to stop her before she announces,
Old 04-24-2023, 04:34 PM   #7813
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
It's state not Federal. I would be more worried with the Georgia GOP trying to stop her before she announces,

I am well aware of who is charging who. Doesn't mean Georgia won't follow the DOJ playbook
Old 04-24-2023, 06:39 PM   #7814
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

You think CNN which is supposed to go more conservative will throw money at Tucker?
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2023, 06:53 PM   #7815
GrantDawg

CNN is risk-averse. I don't see it.

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk
Old 04-24-2023, 06:57 PM   #7816
BYU 14
Coordinator

Oh come one, how fun would it be to see Lemon and Fox and Carlson at CNN both confessing they have been playing for the wrong team all these years and hawking the agenda they both despised all these years.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2023, 07:03 PM   #7817
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Why so long?

Here you go Lathum, this guy knows what he's talking about, and doesn't like "doomsayers"

https://twitter.com/PalmerReport/sta...36011230334976
Old 04-24-2023, 07:24 PM   #7818
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Here you go Lathum, this guy knows what he's talking about, and doesn't like "doomsayers"

https://twitter.com/PalmerReport/sta...36011230334976

That guy is a clown and is wrong way more often then right. He has been saying "we got him this time!!" for years.
Old 04-24-2023, 08:07 PM   #7819
bronconick
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwikshot View Post
You think CNN which is supposed to go more conservative will throw money at Tucker?

Tucker's been fired at all three 24/7 networks. Quite an accomplishment.
bronconick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2023, 09:00 PM   #7820
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Yup, OAN and Newsmax will spend whatever they can to bring him over - though they can't have nearly the budget that Fox has.

Honestly, kindof shocked at this. It's not like Fox is in the business of admitting they're wrong and I'm pretty sure he's still bringing in the ratings. Maybe he wanted a bigger contract and they didn't think he was worth it and they have other guys on the bench they can replace him with for cheaper and make more profit.

SI

From what I can tell, Fox News higher up were shook by things that were found in discovery for the Dominion trial and the alleged audio recordings that the producer who is suing them has. They do not expect things that were redacted to stay redacted so they decided to get out in front of it. I wonder does Tucker have an NDA?
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2023, 09:17 PM   #7821
RainMaker
General Manager

It sounds like there is a lawsuit by a former worker and there is some really bad stuff that will come out about Tucker and his producer from it. Guessing that's why he got the axe.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2023, 09:27 PM   #7822
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
DeSantis looked strong before the national spotlight went on him. Now he seems corny and shallow as a candidate. One thing republican voters liked about Trump was he seemed like a guy you could have a beer with. DeSantis seems like the annoying guy no one wants to invite out.

Is that it? I honestly don't understand why his presidential candidacy would die now because he is the same guy he has always been. Maybe it was the expectation that Trump would not run for office again and he would be Trump's hand picked successor. It is also possible that all the people who would vote for DeSantis nationwide have all moved to Florida.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2023, 09:30 PM   #7823
sovereignstar v2
hates iowa

Droves of people have moved to Florida. Everyone except Jon.

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk
sovereignstar v2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2023, 09:32 PM   #7824
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/04/24/b...g-lawsuit.html
Old 04-24-2023, 09:36 PM   #7825
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Nothing in that story sounds like it would make Tucker Carlson watches walk away from Tucker Carlson.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2023, 09:55 PM   #7826
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Who had both Tucker and Lemon fired in the pool?
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2023, 10:02 PM   #7827
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_fan View Post
Maybe it was the expectation that Trump would not run for office again and he would be Trump's hand picked successor.

That seemed like a fair bet for a very short while, but then Trump's ego got stoked.

Either could win the nomination with the support of the other, I'm not entirely sure either can win it without.
Old 04-24-2023, 10:07 PM   #7828
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Introducing a new buddy cop show from two guys that are fed up and taking no prisoners....

Tucker and Lemon

Last edited by CrimsonFox : 04-24-2023 at 10:09 PM.
Old 04-25-2023, 03:33 AM   #7829
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Incidently Tucker and Lemon just hired the same high powered entertainment lawyer to get themselves to nice payouts. That's more money from Murdoch
Old 04-25-2023, 11:44 AM   #7830
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Add Gorsuch to the crooked as hell list of Justices. How much time do we have as a nation? 15, maybe 20 years?
Old 04-25-2023, 12:15 PM   #7831
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
Tucker and Lemon: No Fox to Give.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2023, 12:18 PM   #7832
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Add Gorsuch to the crooked as hell list of Justices. How much time do we have as a nation? 15, maybe 20 years?

What's to say we're not already passed the point of no return and all that's left is the inevitable?

I'm not saying that's etched in stone. I'm just saying we don't know.

SI

Last edited by sterlingice : 04-25-2023 at 12:20 PM.
Old 04-25-2023, 12:29 PM   #7833
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Oh I think we are passed. MTG is bat shit crazy. But maybe is on to something with her national divorce.
Old 04-25-2023, 12:48 PM   #7834
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

The damage done by something like that would positively dwarf the current problems we have.
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2023, 12:56 PM   #7835
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
What's to say we're not already passed the point of no return and all that's left is the inevitable?

FWIW, that basic premise was suggested to me somewhere around 1994 or so

I feel like I ought to be ... discreet let's say ... in the specifics but it was relayed to me by a respected (R) figure who I happened to know personally (through a non-political connection), but attributed to a prominent (D) of the time.

It was a point that the two decidedly different figures agreed upon, and was the basis of one of the most genuinely thought provoking conversations I've had in my life before or since. (I would have been just shy of 27 years old)
Old 04-25-2023, 01:29 PM   #7836
JPhillips
General Manager

This board is at it's peak old-manishness when there's a discussion of how the country won't survive whatever is happening.
Old 04-25-2023, 01:37 PM   #7837
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

I mean, here, let me drop in something a little less glib

For American "prosperity", things were never going to be as good as they were in the 50s and 60s. Coming off WW2, we basically had the only functioning first-world economy as all the rest had been bombed to hell. The crumbling of the Soviets now shows us in hindsight that their power was a lot of a mirage so militarily and influence-wise'. If you were white and male and straight and Christian and American, it was probably the best time in history to be alive.

That said, if you were not one of those, maybe you're not as enthusiastic about times when there were colored and white drinking fountains, abortions were done with coat hangers, and any sex other than straight missionary-style better not be found out about lest you're lynched, murdered, sent to jail, or have to bleed to death. That tends to put a bit of a damper on conversations about prosperity, upward mobility, and supposed freedom.

There's no one caning anyone in the Senate or doing a duel, as has happened in hour history. I think we can reasonably look at the level of discord going on in politics, both in Congress and on the street and go "hey, this is probably as bad as it's been in our lifetimes". May be true or may not be true - to my naked eye, it seems pretty true, but I'm far from an expert and don't have measurements to back that up.

That said, I don't think McConnell or Schumer are going to be trying to kill each other any time soon - they both know how the game is played and how these rules are and they're not all that different than when Newt went and reset a lot of the rules and norms back in the 90s. I'm sure McConnell doesn't care for MTG, for instance. He wants professionals, people that can be relied upon, people that play the team game. But if he can't have that, he can make do with useful idiots, too.I've long maintained that there are carnival barkers and true believers and so long as the former has the upper hand, the latter are merely a nuisance.

I think a lot about the first line of A Tale of Two Cities. Not the "best of times, worst of times" part, but the "in short, the period was so far like the present period, that some of its noisiest authorities insisted on its being received, for good or for evil, in the superlative degree of comparison only". Every time thinks they're living through the end of times or best times or whatever. However, I think it's unfair to dismiss concerns about the modern time as just being historical noise. Dickens point kindof gets undercut by the fact that A Tale of Two Cities was written about the French Revolution and I think most would argue that was a hugely important historical time. Maybe we are approaching another Civil War or a cold Civil War. People writing about that in 1855 were probably considered alarmist at the time. But people writing about it in 1968, would have been wrong.

SI

Last edited by sterlingice : 04-25-2023 at 01:39 PM.
Old 04-25-2023, 01:40 PM   #7838
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
he can make do with useful idiots, too

Twice in short order you remind me of some related observation.

This time it's my recent caution -- to all sides -- that "NO candidate gets elected without votes from a certain number of idiots".

(i.e. it's no longer mathematically possible to get to 50% without including some idiots)
Old 04-25-2023, 01:43 PM   #7839
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Twice in short order you remind me of some related observation.

This time it's my recent caution -- to all sides -- that "NO candidate gets elected without votes from a certain number of idiots".

(i.e. it's no longer mathematically possible to get to 50% without including some idiots)

Was it ever?

SI

Old 04-25-2023, 01:54 PM   #7840
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Was it ever?

I think so, maybe?

Regardless, it's a point that seems pretty lost today (I can't speak to whether it was realized in previous eras)
Old 04-25-2023, 01:59 PM   #7841
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Nope. I think it's largely just more obvious now, like many problems. Also there's the intensifying effect where people become more aware of the problems, leading them to search for solutions more desperately, often turning to the wrong ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.

I think in general, regular posters on this board are smarter than the average person.
Old 04-25-2023, 02:31 PM   #7842
Kodos
Resident Alien

And smarter than your average bear.
Old 04-25-2023, 02:55 PM   #7843
GrantDawg

So it seems Russia Today is playing foot-sy with Tucker Carlson. How did we not guess that? I bet they will pay him whatever he wants to get more eyeballs on Russian propaganda. He was already by far their favorite host.
Old 04-25-2023, 02:55 PM   #7844
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Swartz View Post
Nope. I think it's largely just more obvious now, like many problems. Also there's the intensifying effect where people become more aware of the problems, leading them to search for solutions more desperately, often turning to the wrong ones.

I think in general, regular posters on this board are smarter than the average person.

Isn't that George Carlin quote mathematically wrong though? Shouldn't he be saying that half of people are smarter than the MEDIAN person and not the AVERAGE?
Old 04-25-2023, 03:22 PM   #7845
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Swartz View Post
The damage done by something like that would positively dwarf the current problems we have.

Hyperbole Definition & Meaning - Merriam-Webster
Old 04-25-2023, 03:34 PM   #7846
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post

<3
Old 04-25-2023, 03:59 PM   #7847
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum
Hyperbole Definition & Meaning - Merriam-Webster

I legit can't tell the difference between hyperbole and seriousness with quite a bit of what is said on this board. For example, what you said here is quite a bit more reasonable from my perspective than many things which are treated with complete seriousness.

Last edited by Brian Swartz : 04-25-2023 at 03:59 PM.
Old 04-25-2023, 04:10 PM   #7848
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Here is a hint. If I, or most anyone else, endorses an idea by MTG it is not meant to be serious.
Old 04-25-2023, 05:57 PM   #7849
RainMaker
General Manager

Iowa reps upset their farm welfare might be cut in the new GOP budget.

RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2023, 06:36 PM   #7850
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
And smarter than your average bear.

Heeeeeeey BooBoo ...