Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

View Poll Results: If Trump Loses In November, What Do You Think Happens Next
Normal transition of power. He meets with Biden, stays until 1/20, comes to inauguration, etc. 5 5.56%
He doesn't fight the result, but resigns prior to the inauguration. 2 2.22%
He fights the result but gives up shortly before the inauguration (let's define "shortly" as "some time after the EC meets on 12/14") 30 33.33%
He fights the result all the way to January 20th. Has to be physically removed. 12 13.33%
He fights the result for a short time, but gives up and resigns before the inauguration 6 6.67%
He fights the result for a short time, but gives up an then we have a normal transition as per option 1. 30 33.33%
Other. (You know you gotta specify this one.) 5 5.56%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-04-2022, 10:58 AM   #6251
JPhillips
General Manager

This is the problem with being a single-issue voter. You can justify excusing any immorality or danger because a candidate is better on your single issue.
Old 10-04-2022, 02:38 PM   #6252
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by henry296 View Post
The same can be said if you believe in low taxes.

Don't forget just how many of these things are just thin veneers wrapped around raging racism and/or sexism

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2022, 03:05 PM   #6253
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

This stuff is really laughable. They don't even try to hide the motivation.

M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2022, 03:35 PM   #6254
JPhillips
General Manager

I believe the GOP is coalescing around a position where it should be illegal for women to get abortions unless powerful GOP men pay for them.
Old 10-04-2022, 04:10 PM   #6255
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Just another glaring example of saying the quiet part out loud

Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2022, 05:08 PM   #6256
PilotMan
Head Coach

Which brings me back to the entire argument with trump. If it's only about having someone on that particular side, to run things, or vote, or be a figurehead, why does it need to be that guy? If you disagree with how he behaves, and you don't like the things he says, they why do you continually support him? Remove him, get someone else in there that doesn't have that problem. I know for the race, that's not an option here, but it's still a valid question. Which makes me believe that those people really, really like that particular guy for one reason or another, and they are willing to accept any sort of issue, because it's not as important as the perceived weakness of losing the guy you support. Psychologically, that actually makes more sense.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2022, 05:14 PM   #6257
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post
Not really. If you're a pro-life person you're going to vote for the person that wants to make abortion illegal. Period. Even if you have to hold your nose while voting.

If you're pro-life, you view abortion as murder (Walker's words, not mine). "Holding your nose" to vote for a murderer would be one thing if there was literally no one else in the state to vote for. This imperfect vessel shit is a tired excuse by hypocrites.

Not a single person on the right will call Walker a murderer. It's not about abortion.
RainMaker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2022, 05:19 PM   #6258
Ksyrup

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
Which brings me back to the entire argument with trump. If it's only about having someone on that particular side, to run things, or vote, or be a figurehead, why does it need to be that guy? If you disagree with how he behaves, and you don't like the things he says, they why do you continually support him? Remove him, get someone else in there that doesn't have that problem. I know for the race, that's not an option here, but it's still a valid question. Which makes me believe that those people really, really like that particular guy for one reason or another, and they are willing to accept any sort of issue, because it's not as important as the perceived weakness of losing the guy you support. Psychologically, that actually makes more sense.

Or, it could be the other way - Trump has proven he can draw X% of diehards, so he's useful to him in that way. How he acts and what he says doesn't matter, it's winning that matters. He was the vessel through which McConnell turned the court. It wasn't because of his character or political savvy, it was because he exists and somehow conned a significant number of people to turn out to vote.

Walker is obviously dissimilar to Trump, but very same in terms of usefulness if he can be elected. He's a potted plant. It's exactly what D'Souza says - stand up and vote. He's just a statistic in their column. They don't need (or want) him advancing policy, etc. The old guard/smart guys do that. He's just there to vote their way.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."

Last edited by Ksyrup : 10-04-2022 at 05:19 PM.
Old 10-04-2022, 05:25 PM   #6259
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
If you're pro-life, you view abortion as murder (Walker's words, not mine). "Holding your nose" to vote for a murderer would be one thing if there was literally no one else in the state to vote for. This imperfect vessel shit is a tired excuse by hypocrites.

Not a single person on the right will call Walker a murderer. It's not about abortion.

Who else are they going to vote for? Someone who is pro-choice? A third party candidate? Or the person that is most likely going to make abortion illegal, regardless of past?
Old 10-04-2022, 05:34 PM   #6260
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post
Who else are they going to vote for? Someone who is pro-choice? A third party candidate? Or the person that is most likely going to make abortion illegal, regardless of past?

Half a dozen people ran in the primary. The leaders of the party could have had others run too. There are probably a few million pro-life folks you can write-in too.

The idea that in a state with a population of over 10 million people, there is only one person they could find to run on that platform seems far-fetched.
Old 10-04-2022, 05:48 PM   #6261
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

No. He didn't even live in the state. They had to bring in someone living in Texas.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2022, 09:50 PM   #6262
Atocep
Coordinator

I guess the new Right wing thing is to just not debate your opponent unless you're trailing in the polls. When you have unpopular views and no actual policy to debate you just either refuse to debate or no-show and blame the media and your opponent.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2022, 10:16 PM   #6263
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Abbott agreed to only debate Beto once, on a Friday night, opposite college football in Texas, more than 6 weeks before the election.

SI

Old 10-04-2022, 11:29 PM   #6264
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post
I guess the new Right wing thing is to just not debate your opponent unless you're trailing in the polls. When you have unpopular views and no actual policy to debate you just either refuse to debate or no-show and blame the media and your opponent.

This is exactly how it's been in KY this year. Paul doesn't even recognize that he even has a challenger. Just ignores the entire concept.

KY is a weird place. They've opened up early voting and made it easier than ever to register and vote, but my guess is, that it because they know that registered R's are going to control the government for the foreseeable future, so they have nothing to really fear there. It also sort of washes out the arguments against those things in states where it's much closer. KY voters aren't the most astute or politically aware. They vote a lot of what they know, and they know Paul and Massey get mentioned a lot in the news, and that trump also gets mentioned, and they like trump, and that is all that matters to them in then. I doubt they care about anything that either of them have done, except when they've been on fox pwning the left and voting no on stuff like vet benefits or supporting Ukraine, or ending the espionage act, or saying your a doctor, but your command of medicine and disease is tenuous at best.

Like Steam?

Old 10-05-2022, 08:34 PM   #6265
GrantDawg

Oh brother. He is the worst liar.
Old 10-05-2022, 08:49 PM   #6266
cuervo72
Head Coach

But it won't matter. But that's another important thing about choosing candidates like Walker. Like Trump, they have no compunction about lying and they feel no shame. So as long as there are no legal consequences, they'll do whatever they want and it won't hurt them.
Old 10-05-2022, 09:11 PM   #6267
Ksyrup

Well I just saw a poll that had Warnock up +12 so it might be hurting him with someone. I don't know if it's that high but he's trending down.
Old 10-05-2022, 10:25 PM   #6268
sabotai
General Manager

According to 538, their modal just took a turn towards Warnock. Second turn in the last few weeks. The first in the middle of Sept. went from 50/50 to 55/45 in favor of Warnock. It just shifted again and now it's 59/41 in favor or Warnock. Still not remotely close to a sure thing, but it does look like the recent news on Walker is shifting the percentages a bit.

Last edited by sabotai : 10-05-2022 at 10:26 PM.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2022, 11:16 PM   #6269
Atocep
Coordinator

The national GOP isn't backing off on their support. I'm guessing they see it as the most likely tipping point seat.
Old 10-06-2022, 12:15 AM   #6270
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
Oh brother. He is the worst liar.

Then he is in the right party
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2022, 05:56 AM   #6271
Mota
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
Then he is in the right party

So is it okay when his side has abortions then? So just not the peasants.
Mota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2022, 08:40 AM   #6272
JPhillips
General Manager

Vote for Herschel.

He might be your Dad.
Old 10-06-2022, 08:52 AM   #6273
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mota View Post

Now you're getting there. Also, don't forget that it's ok for the "right people" to have them, just not the "wrong people".

SI

Old 10-06-2022, 12:51 PM   #6274
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mota View Post

That's how it has always been.
Old 10-06-2022, 01:11 PM   #6275
RainMaker
General Manager

There's really good articles out there that are written or talk to clinic workers. They discuss how they perform abortions on pro-life people. Even people who picket their clinics. The stance is typically "we are against abortion, but in this case, it's different".

There's one story that stuck with me. A parent who would picket all the time took her daughter in for an abortion. She was terrified of people finding out and was assured of confidentiality. The parent kept explaining how this didn't change anything and this was a special case because her daughter was too young and needed to go to college. It just kind of struck me how they completely missed the point.
Old 10-06-2022, 02:49 PM   #6276
Ksyrup

Another one bites the dust...

Of course, when he probably ends up at the "University of Austin," I cant' feel too bad about him taking a half-hearted stand against Trump costing him his job.

Old 10-06-2022, 03:05 PM   #6277
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
There's really good articles out there that are written or talk to clinic workers. They discuss how they perform abortions on pro-life people. Even people who picket their clinics. The stance is typically "we are against abortion, but in this case, it's different".

There's one story that stuck with me. A parent who would picket all the time took her daughter in for an abortion. She was terrified of people finding out and was assured of confidentiality. The parent kept explaining how this didn't change anything and this was a special case because her daughter was too young and needed to go to college. It just kind of struck me how they completely missed the point.

We probably read the same article. I liked how people seem to think that the doctor was the one actually “killing the baby”, but the patient had clean hands in the process. I think they called it the Me exception
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2022, 03:14 PM   #6278
Thomkal
Head Coach

A bit of an odd timing on Sasse's part with midterms coming up
Old 10-06-2022, 03:44 PM   #6279
Thomkal
Head Coach

The first Proud Boy to plead guilty to Seditious Conspiracy today while down the hall in the Courtroom, the trial of the Oath Keepers leader on SC is going on,
Old 10-06-2022, 05:04 PM   #6280
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
We probably read the same article. I liked how people seem to think that the doctor was the one actually “killing the baby”, but the patient had clean hands in the process. I think they called it the Me exception

Yup. Notice how no one on the right is calling Walker a murderer.
Old 10-06-2022, 07:54 PM   #6281
GrantDawg

You know if we really want yo make sure that Walker isn't elected, all we have to do is get him to play Madison's crystal flute.

Old 10-06-2022, 09:05 PM   #6282
cuervo72
Head Coach

Pretty good thread.

Last edited by cuervo72 : 10-06-2022 at 09:05 PM.
cuervo72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2022, 09:10 PM   #6283
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
You know if we really want yo make sure that Walker isn't elected, all we have to do is get him to play Madison's crystal flute.

LOL
Old 10-07-2022, 04:35 PM   #6284
Thomkal
Head Coach

Justice Dept Trial document from Oath Keepers Stewart Rhodes Trial. "An open letter to President Trump"

https://twitter.com/MacFarlaneNews/s...13591237169152
Old 10-08-2022, 02:17 PM   #6285
Atocep
Coordinator

Trump reportedly tried to trade the documents that the National Archives wanted in exchange for documents related to the Russia investigation.

This guy...
Old 10-09-2022, 08:31 AM   #6286
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Trump at rally bragging about the size of the J6 crowd.

One weird effect of Watergate and the secret tapes is that we seem to know how to handle politicians saying horrible stuff in secret and it coming out.

But we still don't have a handle on how to react properly to politicians saying the exact same stuff out loud. We still have a sense of "if he's not hiding it, it can't be all that bad."

If a secret recording of Trump bragging to Josh Hawley about J6 came out, we'd be horrified (or at least pretend to be). But when he just says it in front of a microphone at a rally? It's just reported and ignored.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2022, 11:37 AM   #6287
JPhillips
General Manager

Turns out the House Judiciary GOP tweet, Kanye. Elon. Trump. really is a good summation of the current GOP.
Old 10-09-2022, 11:53 AM   #6288
JPhillips
General Manager

I know I've made this point before, but it's fucking impossible to stay up to date with all of the stories in the Conservative expanded universe. This is from Trump last night:

Quote:
"George H.W. Bush took millions of documents to a former bowling alley and a former Chinese restaurant where they combined them. So they're in a bowling alley slash Chinese restaurant."
Old 10-09-2022, 11:59 AM   #6289
Ksyrup

The combination of stupid/insane shit like that and then outright lies like one of the other speakers saying unemployment between both Obama and Biden is over 10%... it just doesn't matter anymore. Nothing matters. It's like a carnival atmosphere where all that matters is entertaining the masses, and the masses eat it up. It has this element of suspending belief, but unlike going to a movie, it doesn't just fade away once you've left the theater. It becomes permanent, because they've been convinced this is life or death.
Old 10-12-2022, 02:46 PM   #6290
Kodos
Resident Alien

Alright. First plaintiff awarded $120 million from Alex Jones. 14 more to go.

$700 million awarded so far.

Last edited by Kodos : 10-12-2022 at 02:49 PM.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2022, 02:50 PM   #6291
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

$229 million through the first three victims.

Maybe the lawyers in the room can confirm but I suspect all his assets are cleverly hidden off shore, these families will see nothing, and he will continue to bloviate and grift on the radio suffering no real consequences.
Old 10-12-2022, 02:50 PM   #6292
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

dola- over a billion all said and done.
Old 10-12-2022, 03:09 PM   #6293
GrantDawg

Almost a billion dollars in this one, over billion in the two. And there is still another case pending.

Last edited by GrantDawg : 10-12-2022 at 03:09 PM.
Old 10-12-2022, 03:22 PM   #6294
PilotMan
Head Coach

Fuck Jones and any of the people who support or are adjacent and refuse to condemn him. He's a vile and despicable con man and a genuinely terrible human being.

Like Steam?

Old 10-12-2022, 03:44 PM   #6295
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
Fuck Jones and any of the people who support or are adjacent and refuse to condemn him. He's a vile and despicable con man and a genuinely terrible human being.

I cannot wait for him to die...vile things like Jones, or Roger Stone, Donald Trump, Steve Bannon, Newt Gingrich...I'm going to take such joy when they spring off this mortal coil and get flushed down the commode of non-existence...

You see it now with Rush Limbaugh...he died and no one, no one speaks of him in revered tones, he is a forgotten shit and the world is much better for it.
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2022, 03:53 PM   #6296
Thomkal
Head Coach

He is already shilling for money as the damages were read. I have a question, can all future InfoWars/what he's selling earnings be used here? I see he is already vowed to go on to Parkland and Uvalde. The man belongs in the psych ward in prison not out in society.
Old 10-12-2022, 05:13 PM   #6297
Ksyrup

Actually, I just saw a tweet yesterday where someone was saying the world misses Rush's sage advice or some shit like that. I chuckled although it was a serious tweet.

Last edited by Ksyrup : 10-12-2022 at 05:13 PM.
Old 10-12-2022, 05:19 PM   #6298
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
can all future InfoWars/what he's selling earnings be used here?

Sort of. If I have a judgment against you and I do what I need to do to keep it active (which isn't hard), I can keep trying to collect it indefinitely.

That said, there are lots of ways (bankruptcy, putting assets in Russia, etc.) that Jones can fight this tooth and nail and make it hard and painful to collect.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2022, 05:26 PM   #6299
Ksyrup

Yeah I (and a couple other people) had a strong case against the shithead who built our house (you can find my thread about him going to jail for stealing PPP money), but he declared bankruptcy with his company and it was going to be a pain suing him, piercing the corporate veil, etc., so I didn't do it. The people behind me did and spent/wasted $3K for nothing.

Last edited by Ksyrup : 10-12-2022 at 05:27 PM.
Old 10-12-2022, 07:10 PM   #6300
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
Sort of. If I have a judgment against you and I do what I need to do to keep it active (which isn't hard), I can keep trying to collect it indefinitely.

That said, there are lots of ways (bankruptcy, putting assets in Russia, etc.) that Jones can fight this tooth and nail and make it hard and painful to collect.

thanks