Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

View Poll Results: If Trump Loses In November, What Do You Think Happens Next
Normal transition of power. He meets with Biden, stays until 1/20, comes to inauguration, etc. 5 5.56%
He doesn't fight the result, but resigns prior to the inauguration. 2 2.22%
He fights the result but gives up shortly before the inauguration (let's define "shortly" as "some time after the EC meets on 12/14") 30 33.33%
He fights the result all the way to January 20th. Has to be physically removed. 12 13.33%
He fights the result for a short time, but gives up and resigns before the inauguration 6 6.67%
He fights the result for a short time, but gives up an then we have a normal transition as per option 1. 30 33.33%
Other. (You know you gotta specify this one.) 5 5.56%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-13-2021, 07:30 PM   #3751
Thomkal
Head Coach

wow wonder who paid for that?
Old 09-13-2021, 07:38 PM   #3752
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Ok I've now officially seen everything. I can confidently assert that my vocabulary is not sufficient to properly express/respond to that billboard.
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2021, 07:46 PM   #3753
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice
The wikipedia page for Jacobson vs Massachusetts is a reminder that we've done this all before, almost to the letter

While that's definitely a rock-solid precedent that government has the power to mandate vaccines, that's just about the only aspect that's comparable to the present situation. The situations are much different in almost every other respect.

Last edited by Brian Swartz : 09-13-2021 at 07:49 PM.
Old 09-13-2021, 07:59 PM   #3754
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Swartz View Post
Ok I've now officially seen everything. I can confidently assert that my vocabulary is not sufficient to properly express/respond to that billboard.

Really all you need to say is WTF
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2021, 08:45 PM   #3755
JPhillips
General Manager

That billboard is apparently in MTG's district.
Old 09-13-2021, 08:55 PM   #3756
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
That billboard is apparently in IMTG's district.

IMetTrentGreen’s district?
Old 09-13-2021, 09:02 PM   #3757
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
IMetTrentGreen’s district?

Fantastic

How is that guy(gal?) doing these days?
Old 09-13-2021, 09:15 PM   #3758
CarterNMA
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
That billboard is apparently in MTG's district.

Magic: The Gathering?
CarterNMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2021, 09:25 PM   #3759
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

mumble mumble....golden calf....mumble mumble.....
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2021, 09:47 PM   #3760
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
While that's definitely a rock-solid precedent that government has the power to mandate vaccines, that's just about the only aspect that's comparable to the present situation. The situations are much different in almost every other respect.

This sounds awfully familiar:

Quote:
Jacobson argued that subjecting him to a fine or imprisonment for neglecting or refusing vaccination was an invasion of his liberty, the law was "unreasonable, arbitrary and oppressive", and that one should not be subjected to the law if he or she objects to vaccination, no matter the reason

As does this:

Quote:
The Court noted that Jacobson had offered proof that there were many in the medical community who believed that the smallpox vaccine would not stop the spread of the disease and, in fact, may cause other diseases of the body.[2] However, the opinions offered by Jacobson were "more formidable by their number than by their inherent value" and "[w]hat everybody knows, ... [the] opposite theory accords with the common belief and is maintained by high medical authority."

Or this:

Quote:
The anti-vaccine movement mobilized following the decision, and the Anti-Vaccination League of America was founded three years later to promote the principle that "health is nature's greatest safeguard against disease and that therefore no State has the right to demand of anyone the impairment of his or her health". The League warned about what it believed to be the dangers of vaccination and the dangers of allowing the intrusion of government and science into private life, part of the broader process identified with the Progressive Movement. The League asked, "We have repudiated religious tyranny; we have rejected political tyranny; shall we now submit to medical tyranny?"

Or how the founder of said Anti-Vaccination League (Pitcairn) was part of a fake "both sides"-ism paper

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_P..._titlepage.jpg

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

Last edited by sterlingice : 09-13-2021 at 09:50 PM.
sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2021, 09:48 PM   #3761
tarcone
Coordinator

The end times say their is an anti Christ. Thought it might be Putin. And indications say it is someone from Eastern Europe.

But Trump fits the bill. Add in a pandemic and a plague of locusts that hit DC, you just never know.

The word is Fight! Fight! Fight! For Iowa

FOFC 30 Dollar Challenge Champion-OOTP '15
tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2021, 10:07 PM   #3762
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarcone View Post
The end times say their is an anti Christ. Thought it might be Putin. And indications say it is someone from Eastern Europe.

What indications are these? I thought the the Anti-Christ was suppose to be a charismatic person. Have you ever met a charismatic person from Eastern-Europe?

Last edited by NobodyHere : 09-14-2021 at 07:07 AM.
NobodyHere is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2021, 10:13 PM   #3763
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice
This sounds awfully familiar:

Does it? Doesn't to me. There's no law passed by the people's representatives in this case, the law in the Jacobson case was a state law that allowed communities to mandate vaccines if they saw fit but didn't require them to. Smallpox, which we can all certainly be thankful is eradicated, was far more deadly than COVID ever thought of being, vaccines for it had been around for over a century, there was no testing 'off ramp' there, etc. To say nothing of the vast differences in scientific/medical understanding between then and now.

Point being, there are a great many differences that when the litigation this time around inevitable reaches SCOTUS the court will likely consider.

Last edited by Brian Swartz : 09-13-2021 at 10:16 PM.
Old 09-13-2021, 10:30 PM   #3764
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Not in the litigation but in the situation, but, hey, continue with the literalist approach if that is all you can see

SI

Old 09-13-2021, 10:53 PM   #3765
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

That's not what I thought you were talking about the way you kept referring back to the case itself, saying it was the same 'almost to the letter', etc. *shrug*.
Old 09-14-2021, 12:10 PM   #3766
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

https://www.cnn.com/2021/09/14/polit...ear/index.html
Old 09-14-2021, 01:10 PM   #3767
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Sounds about right.
Old 09-14-2021, 02:16 PM   #3768
Flasch186
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post
Not in the litigation but in the situation, but, hey, continue with the literalist approach if that is all you can see

SI

Only when convenient.

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 02:30 PM   #3769
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post

That whole article is worth a read, and I'm sure the book as well.

Crazy and scary stuff, and also Trump threatening to not be Pence's friend anymore if Pence refused to overturn the election results.

And it's not like Pence was some hero. He grappled with the decision. He did what everyone should do when they have a difficult decision to make, he called Dan Quayle. Quayle talked him out of it.

Last edited by molson : 09-14-2021 at 02:37 PM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 02:35 PM   #3770
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post

Fucking fascists.
RainMaker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 02:56 PM   #3771
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
That whole article is worth a read, and I'm sure the book as well.

Crazy and scary stuff, and also Trump threatening to not be Pence's friend anymore if Pence refused to overturn the election results.

And it's not like Pence was some hero. He grappled with the decision. He did what everyone should do when they have a difficult decision to make, he called Dan Quayle. Quayle talked him out of it.

Just got done reading that and the bolded quote alone should say all you need to hear. Seriously high school student body elections dont have this kind of drama
Old 09-14-2021, 03:00 PM   #3772
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

The problem with this is the people who need to see it and understand the dysfunction he sows either won't see it because it will never see the light of day on the networks they watch, or may see it and will just say it is fake news.
Old 09-14-2021, 03:05 PM   #3773
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

It really is fascinating to see all the people, Ivanka, Kushner, Pence, Barr, etc...try and control and reason with this monster they helped create.

Last edited by Lathum : 09-14-2021 at 03:05 PM.
Old 09-14-2021, 05:28 PM   #3774
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Trump is evil and horrible.

But I am also not cool with military leaders working against the civilian commander in chief and then being praised for it. All sorts of ways that can go wrong.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 05:38 PM   #3775
JPhillips
General Manager

It's great that Manchin and Sinema think the filibuster is more important than doing what needs to be done to make this much less likely.
Old 09-14-2021, 06:04 PM   #3776
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
Trump is evil and horrible.

But I am also not cool with military leaders working against the civilian commander in chief and then being praised for it. All sorts of ways that can go wrong.

This.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 06:15 PM   #3777
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

I would say that's a feature, not a bug. Having a President with the power to use nuclear weapons to me implies the necessity of having checks against them being used capriciously.
Old 09-14-2021, 06:19 PM   #3778
molson
General Manager

I don't think any of know what the Join Chairman's role is in the government procedure prior to a nuclear attack on China to be sure that he seized power unlawfully.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 06:20 PM   #3779
bhlloy
Coordinator

Already seeing the Trump playbook in the CA recall election even before the polls close and a single ballot is counted. I doubt we will see a clean election and a concession speech in any election that matters for a very long time.
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 06:34 PM   #3780
Flasch186
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
Already seeing the Trump playbook in the CA recall election even before the polls close and a single ballot is counted. I doubt we will see a clean election and a concession speech in any election that matters for a very long time.

The irony is if they then win don't they have to continue to attack the process even though?

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Old 09-14-2021, 07:39 PM   #3781
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flasch186
Only when convenient.

Interesting that you don't object to what I post when I talk about having voted for Biden, when I advocate for aggressive action to combat climate change, when I post about being in favor of increasing immigration or wanting to eliminate the prison system or agreeing that Trump was a terrible President who I'm glad isn't in office anymore ...

No, those posts are never suspect. It's only those where I have an opinion contrary to the unofficial FOFC Party Line.
Old 09-14-2021, 08:31 PM   #3782
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

There's definitely an FOFC Party Line and we're definitely out to get you. We coordinate using my 99% full inbox and take turns picking which one of us will take you to task for not being completely in line with what we're thinking.

SI

Old 09-14-2021, 08:41 PM   #3783
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Interesting that you don't object to what I post when I talk about having voted for Biden, when I advocate for aggressive action to combat climate change, when I post about being in favor of increasing immigration or wanting to eliminate the prison system or agreeing that Trump was a terrible President who I'm glad isn't in office anymore ...

No, those posts are never suspect. It's only those where I have an opinion contrary to the unofficial FOFC Party Line.

So if we eliminate the prison system, then what should we do with the people convicted in participating in the 1/6 riots?

Last edited by NobodyHere : 09-14-2021 at 08:41 PM.
NobodyHere is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 08:54 PM   #3784
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:

You just really like to argue for the sake of arguing and it can be exhausting...
Old 09-14-2021, 09:28 PM   #3785
bhlloy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flasch186 View Post
The irony is if they then win don't they have to continue to attack the process even though?

If they win, they will say they would have won by more. It's perfectly consistent. Never mind the fact that CA skews pretty Democrat overall or that exit polls show they turned out about 43-26 over Republicans, it's all a con. I have a pretty good friend all over Facebook saying the results are based on how many fake votes were cast. We're fucked as a country.
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 11:52 PM   #3786
PilotMan
Head Coach

And which group was it that has set about to tear down trust in our institutions?

And which group questioned the legitimacy of the President?

And which group set in motion the politicking of the Supreme Court to serve their own ends?

And which group has questioned the ongoing legitimacy of democratic elections and the entire election process?

And which group insists that god should be the authority of the United States?

And which group attacked the seat of Democracy for the US and the entire free world over the defeat of a demagogue?

And which group questions the legitimacy and expertise of the nations most important scientists?

And which group is more concerned about someone getting $300/wk than a trillion dollar company paying zero income taxes?

And which group is ......I mean....it doesn't end. It goes on forever.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 11:55 PM   #3787
PilotMan
Head Coach

Here's another one I don't get. If god is now going to expel the godless from government.....didn't he already do his job? Point being that God allows all things to happen and already knows the final result. So should that have already happened? Or if the US is a god lead country, and trump was chosen, wasn't Biden also chosen instead as we move forward?

The inconsistencies and cognitive dissonance are dizzying.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 02:48 AM   #3788
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere
if we eliminate the prison system, then what should we do with the people convicted in participating in the 1/6 riots?

I would propose giving them other punishments appropriate to their crimes, which would vary depending on the crime in question.
Old 09-15-2021, 06:13 AM   #3789
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Once Texas clues us all in on how to magically eliminate rape, we won't need prisons.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 06:19 AM   #3790
Flasch186
Coordinator

Quote:
I would propose giving them other punishments appropriate to their crimes, which would vary depending on the crime in question.

What's the punishment for Sedition and Treason?

Treason - Wikipedia

See how that works?

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL

Last edited by Flasch186 : 09-15-2021 at 06:20 AM.
Old 09-15-2021, 07:36 AM   #3791
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

What ever happened to the Arizona audit?
Old 09-15-2021, 07:54 AM   #3792
Ksyrup

Well, there's this:

Arizona Supreme Court denies state Senate's appeal to avoid releasing election audit records

Funny how the "transparency in elections" people want to hide the audit records.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 09-15-2021, 08:00 AM   #3793
Ksyrup

Type in Arizona Audit in Twitter and go to Top. It's like a journey through a bipolar mind. Half "phony audit," half "fraud was proven - decertify!"
Old 09-15-2021, 08:01 AM   #3794
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
Once Texas clues us all in on how to magically eliminate rape, we won't need prisons.

Well since Texas is open carry, why do they even need police?
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 09:58 AM   #3795
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwikshot View Post
Well since Texas is open carry, why do they even need police?

To monitor federal military "exercises"?
Old 09-15-2021, 10:07 AM   #3796
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:

So, sort of like a system of laws that someone, perhaps elected or appointed officials, design and enforce and are based on the severity of the criminal act?
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 11:34 AM   #3797
BYU 14
Coordinator

I finally caught Trump in a truth, because if he runs and wins again in 3 years, his dire prediction may very well come true.

Donald Trump Predicts America Will End Within 3 Years
Old 09-15-2021, 12:27 PM   #3798
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

This has been your dumb Facebook post for the day.
Old 09-15-2021, 12:28 PM   #3799
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs
sort of like a system of laws that someone, perhaps elected or appointed officials, design and enforce and are based on the severity of the criminal act?

Sure, I don't have any opposition to the people's representatives determining punishments, I think that's appropriate. What I'm against is long-term prison sentences being among the punishments 'menu'.
Old 09-15-2021, 01:12 PM   #3800
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Sure, I don't have any opposition to the people's representatives determining punishments, I think that's appropriate. What I'm against is long-term prison sentences being among the punishments 'menu'.

So if long term imprisonment is off the table, what specifically should happen to someone like Sirhan Sirhan (RFK's killer who has just been recommended for parole)?