Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-14-2020, 09:01 PM   #1101
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

I'm even highly skeptical of the mass media already and have my thoughts that this may be overkill but the scientists are all saying let's use some social distancing and stay at home of we can. Just dont know what is so hard about that, do people dislike their families that much?
panerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2020, 09:06 PM   #1102
miked
College Starter

GA canceled primary and sent the legislature home. I was at Kroger today near Emory and it was wiped. We actually stocked up about 2 weeks ago at Costco and Target, but there was no meat, almost no milk (got a gallon), absolutely no veggies except some organic carrots and various leafy greens. No bananas, no berries, just some pears and apples. No pasta or sauce, almost no canned beans and/or fruit, and very little bread (no cheese either). The cashier said they stock up overnight and open at 6, this morning there was a line around 5am to get in.

It's been nice for us so far, we went biking on the silver comet since it was a nice day. There were a good amount of people around, but we just stayed in our own little pack and had no interactions. Now that it will rain for a few days, hopefully it keeps people inside. We have not gone to a restaurant, movie theater, and all kids sports were canceled. Just hoping to wait it out.
Old 03-14-2020, 09:22 PM   #1103
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarcone View Post
Went to Sams club. Busy. Stocked up. Got 5 containers of disinfectant wipes and 120 Slim Jims.

Im ready.

I'm out of Slim Jims
Old 03-14-2020, 09:22 PM   #1104
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuikSand View Post
I fear we are still not doing enough. Have friends out barhopping, our legislators are weighing finishing the last 3 weeks of their session, and so forth. Our obvious model is Italy (not South Korea) and in ten days much of the US could look like Italy does now and we’ll have a lot of people with profound regret over what they did up until they realized what was happening.

Italy is the model. I don't see how we end up on a path any better than Italy and I think we end up on a worse one (younger population balanced out by a less healthy one and a much crappier health care system).

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
Edit: I keep reading people saying we're not doing enough, but, I'm still stunned that we're doing so much. Nobody predicted all this just a few days ago. We are not merely reacting to illness and its impact in the United States, we are preparing based on what health professionals are telling us can happen and what has happened in other countries (which, if you dig below some of the worst stories and read about what regular people are doing - is not quite as catastrophic as you might think). I'm honestly kind of impressed. And I know it's easy to be cynical about corporations but the airlines, travel companies, stubhub, shit like that, have all been remarkably easy to deal with for all the plans I had to cancel in the last few days. I know Amazon has offered extra paid leave to any Whole Foods employee who gets sick or has a sickness in their household. And I'm seeing and hearing about so much kindness around town. People on my neighborhood facebook group offering to do shopping for people who feel too vulnerable to leave the house, people giving up toilet paper to others who were too late in getting it, people patronizing local stores who need some help getting through this. I think we're doing pretty good, all things considered.

And this is where I keep vacillating between. On the one hand, I see so many people doing so many good things and an effort that would have been unheard of if you told someone a year ago what was going to happen. But, on the other hand, we have all those other stories of people being horribly irresponsible who are endangering other lives so callously - some because they are in denial but others because they are just so goddamn selfish. I can kindof forgive the latter as I know that's where I was about a month ago but the latter will always be a problem. There's so much bad but there's also so much good going on - it heartens me but I'm not sure it's enough.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

Last edited by sterlingice : 03-14-2020 at 09:25 PM.
sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2020, 09:36 PM   #1105
QuikSand
lolzcat

I semi-waffled on the way to my small office on Friday, on what to do. After thinking about it, I called a morning staff meeting, told everyone we were going to close down at the end of the day, and to spend the day preparing to be productive working remotely for the immediate future. Everyone is on board, we should be fine, we're a mostly information-based non profit and can function pretty well from our separate ways.

One thing I said then was "Think about how much more real this feels than 48 hours ago. Now let's figure that it's going to get that much more real in the next 48, and the 48 after that." Even saying those words didn't bring me to this point... not even 48 hours later. (Exponent math is inherently hard)

I now feel embarrassed that I really had to think about whether I was jumping the gun, and acting too rashly.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2020, 09:38 PM   #1106
QuikSand
lolzcat

Oh, and I rode the stock market all the way down, and then back up in the great recession. Not happening here. Everything I have control over is in cash or bonds. And I'm not even in love with the bond market. You cannot possibly add two and two and come up with "this is close to the bottom." The S&P is going to go to 1200.
Old 03-14-2020, 09:38 PM   #1107
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
Dropped by Kroger just to get some additional meals/food (son & roommate coming back).
  • Potatoes, tomatoes, some fruits are gone. Still quite a lot of fresh vegetables
  • Meats are noticeably low (but we did 2 racks of ribs). Lots of frozen shrimp, fish
  • Lots of canned food but many of my favorites are gone e.g. Chunky Steak & Potatoes
  • Pasta was very low but still decent amount of pasta sauce
  • Toilet paper gone, paper towels still available
  • Eggs gone, milk still around, bread available but low
  • Lots of cereal, flour, sugar, cooking oil
  • Frozen pizza noticeably low supply
  • Lots of water, soda, beer, wine
  • Lots of Ice cream, frozen vegetables, low frozen breakfast biscuits

I think toilet paper is herd mentality but I don't blame anyone. The problem is lack of communication from the businesses to reassure people that more is on the way, can meet the demand etc. (same with hand sanitizers etc.)

Very similar experience here. They were out of chicken breasts and ground beef. No bread anywhere. No milk but a few cartons of eggs left.

You really get a sense for what brands and types people prefer. Especially in the soup and frozen pizza sections.

I didn't go crazy prepper but bought some extra frozen meals and a tub of oatmeal that I could probably eat for a month if shit hits the fan.

I should add that there didn't seem to be a ton of panic there. Saw one lady with a mask but that's it. Staff at the store was jolly and it appears staff is all hands on deck when it comes to re-stocking. Almost every other aisle had someone re-filling shelves (some appeared to be manager types too). The cashier I had looked to be in her 70's which made me sad.

Last edited by RainMaker : 03-14-2020 at 09:41 PM.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2020, 09:42 PM   #1108
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

We could deal with this if we wanted to, and by we I mean the populous. It would hurt, but we're the richest nation on Earth. We could shut down for a month, cover most of the costs of that and then reevaluate.

But it's St. Patrick's Day weekend, so we won't.
Old 03-14-2020, 09:42 PM   #1109
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Oh, and I rode the stock market all the way down, and then back up in the great recession. Not happening here. Everything I have control over is in cash or bonds. And I'm not even in love with the bond market. You cannot possibly add two and two and come up with "this is close to the bottom." The S&P is going to go to 1200.

For my 403b,I have like 10% in an index fund but the rest I kicked into money markets at the end of the two dead cat bounce days (Tuesday/Friday)*. I don't know what the bottom is, but we're nowhere fucking close.

*oh, and the bizarre TIAA-CREF real estate fund that is this bizarre thing that moves slower than molasses and was some of my hedge against bad times that I'm trying to decide what to do with

SI

Last edited by sterlingice : 03-14-2020 at 09:45 PM.
Old 03-14-2020, 09:48 PM   #1110
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Old 03-14-2020, 09:48 PM   #1111
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
I am floored at how little people care about this. We are so selfish as a nation. Will it kill you to stay in on a Saturday night.

The country was told by its leader that this was no big deal. It was contained, the number would soon be zero, and that it was a hoax perpetuated to bring him down. It shouldn't be a surprise that a segment of the population doesn't take this seriously.

Also here is what happens when you throw your plans together on the fly with no advanced thinking. How many cases you think are being transmitted here and about to spread throughout the Chicago area?

Old 03-14-2020, 10:03 PM   #1112
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

That scene is apparently being mimicked at numerous airports receiving European flights.
Old 03-14-2020, 10:32 PM   #1113
RainMaker
General Manager

Also what the UK is doing is either brilliant or completely nuts. Doesn't seem to be a middle ground. If it works, seems like it'll change our handling of pandemics forever.
Old 03-14-2020, 10:35 PM   #1114
Edward64
Head Coach

Currently the US has 2816 with 58 dead or a 2% fatality rate. This is likely overstated as not enough testing has been done at this point. I think it was Fauci that said last week the best guess was 1%.

Also the demographics is similar to China.
https://abcnews.go.com/Health/learn-...ry?id=69588942
Quote:
In the U.S., of the cases for which there is data, only one person who died was in their 40s, while two people died in their 50s. Seven people were in their 60s, nine people in their 70s, 13 people in their 80s and 10 people were in their 90s.

This means the vast majority of deaths so far are among people older than 70, which matches roughly with data emerging from Italy, China and other countries hard-hit by COVID-19.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2020, 10:57 PM   #1115
RainMaker
General Manager

It sounds like New York is going to be an absolute shitshow in about a week.
Old 03-14-2020, 11:19 PM   #1116
Vegas Vic
Checkraising Tourists

In Seattle, Chicago and Boston, sales of wine, beer and liquor this week were up 300 to 500 percent compared to sales in January.

Apparently, the number one priority for some folks is to have a fully stocked liquor cabinet to ride out the pandemic.

Those Long Lines? People Stocking the Liquor Cabinet, Not the Pantry
Vegas Vic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2020, 11:21 PM   #1117
RainMaker
General Manager

Wouldn't it make sense for customs to just let everyone through now? Seems way more dangerous to try to pick out the handful of possible cases and have everyone stand in a huge crowd than just let those people through and tell everyone to isolate for a few days.
Old 03-14-2020, 11:57 PM   #1118
PilotMan
Head Coach

I think some of these people should have grown up in areas where they get blizzarded in for days on end. Man, those were the days. Head to the video store, pick up your girlfriend, make sure the shovel is in the car for when you get stuck and enjoy.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2020, 05:27 AM   #1119
AlexB
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
Also what the UK is doing is either brilliant or completely nuts. Doesn't seem to be a middle ground. If it works, seems like it'll change our handling of pandemics forever.

Being English, I feel reassured by the general policy and explanations so far (with the exception of not shutting down football/sport earlier - I was concerned about my Dad going to the Leicester match even on Monday)

I don’t get the hysteria about ‘Look at italy! Look at Spain! Do what they do!’. They have significantly more cases than us, and did nothing at all until they were deep in the mire.

We have a virus with no vaccine, so as numbers increase, more measures are coming. People need to listen to the experts and what has actually been said, not hysterical and mostly uninformed random people on Twitter, celebrities, etc.

The government have been transparent - they’ve said it’s not designed to completely stop it, which is impossible, it’s designed to control the spread as much as possible, relieving pressure on public services, and to avoid the sudden spike in case that other countries are seeing.

If we just copy other countries‘ measures now, it seems as if it will just delay the huge spike, not flatten it out, and cause untold economic and social damage.

We need to have faith in the scientists, who have studied this type of thing for years and decades, not people like us whose knowledge is based on a week’s worth of googling

It reminds me of Obi-Wan: ‘Who is the more foolish? The fool, or the fool who follows him?’
AlexB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2020, 06:37 AM   #1120
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
It sounds like New York is going to be an absolute shitshow in about a week.

My buddy works for FDNY doing some kind of IT/Logistics. All EMT services also fall under the FDNY. He said they have 40 first responders already under quarantine and enough medical supplies for about 3 more weeks.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2020, 07:21 AM   #1121
Edward64
Head Coach

My sense is more of a SK (probably not as good though) than Italy. We were late in preparing for it (e.g. test kits) but I have confidence it is getting better, response leadership (Fauci, Birx vs Trump) is emerging, and increased coordination is coming along.

So here's my question:
US first case of reported coronavirus was Jan 20. It has been 55 days since then and we have 2816 infected and 58 deaths. I get the # infected is really higher but we can't tell right now because lack of testing. And I also understand 'some' deaths attributed to flu could have been the coronavirus.

We only started getting real serious about this a week ago, so shouldn't there be more deaths by now? Or at the very least, increased number of pre-existing people on their deathbeds with pneumonia-like symptoms?
Because of this lack of obvious calamity in day 55, I am hopeful our experience leans more towards SK than Italy.

Some possible reasons:
  • Average age is less than Italy
  • We have more of 'personal space' than Italy
  • Older folks here take the annual flu shots (do they do that in Italy?). Is there some sort of residual benefit against the coronavirus?
  • Our healthcare tends to over-medicate and Drs prescribe antiobiotics freely as needed (I get there is no cure, but are there antibiotics, tamiflu etc. that help alleviate the symptoms and reduce mortality rates?). When I had pneumonia, got some antibiotics (think it was zpack) that did its job
  • We stay home, drive and not take public transportation as much (so not as much interaction for the elderly)
Bottom-line is we need more data with testing and hopefully we'll get it in next 2 weeks or so.

Last edited by Edward64 : 03-15-2020 at 07:54 AM.
Old 03-15-2020, 07:50 AM   #1122
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Couple of snapshots from my community...

High school kid organizes other high school kids for volunteer babysitting service for working parents during school closure:

Owners of possibly the largest day care in my part of town--which as of this moment will be OPEN tomorrow, despite all public and private schools in the are closing, and if it's open their three kids will be there interacting with other kids--yukking it up at St. Patty's Day Bar Crawl yesterday evening:

Dropbox - 90100197_10222176721956369_3222943635012059136_o.jpg - Simplify your life
Old 03-15-2020, 07:51 AM   #1123
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I hope every one of them drinking PBR and Bud Lite at a St. Patricks Day celebration get the virus on principal.
Old 03-15-2020, 07:53 AM   #1124
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben E Lou View Post
Couple of snapshots from my community...

High school kid organizes other high school kids for volunteer babysitting service for working parents during school closure:

Any FB feedback yet? Bet there is a backlash.
Old 03-15-2020, 07:54 AM   #1125
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Our schools are closed so obviously we are home schooling. There have been a lot of texts, facebook messages, etc...from parents that likely mean well offering to get the kids together for schooling, lessons, etc...

While it would be nice to have someone who is a teacher heading up the impossible 4th grade math, it completely defeats the purpose.
Old 03-15-2020, 08:02 AM   #1126
Ben E Lou

Quote:
Any FB feedback yet? Bet there is a backlash.
Haven't seen any negative yet, but I'm sure someone will come up with a reason to be mad about it.
Old 03-15-2020, 08:03 AM   #1127
Edward64
Head Coach

Had a post about segregating the vulnerable from the not-so-vulnerable. I agree with this in concept, it's sensible solution to me if things escalate for the worse and no end in sight. This assumes the segregated population has the "infrastructure/help" to stay segregated for a longer period of time.

https://www.cnn.com/world/live-news/...c8848a3683959a
Quote:
Speaking to Sky News later, Hancock added more details to his plan, announcing that over-70s will be asked to self-isolate "in the coming weeks" -- and it could potentially last for months.

The UK government has so far adopted a laissez-faire approach to the outbreak. Unlike other countries hit by the novel coronavirus, the UK has yet to ban large-scale gatherings or closed schools, saying it does not believe those measures would stop the outbreak.
Old 03-15-2020, 08:05 AM   #1128
Ben E Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
Our schools are closed so obviously we are home schooling. There have been a lot of texts, facebook messages, etc...from parents that likely mean well offering to get the kids together for schooling, lessons, etc...

While it would be nice to have someone who is a teacher heading up the impossible 4th grade math, it completely defeats the purpose.
Yup. I've seen a few stay at home offering paid home-based daycare for groups of kid. ("I have a teenaged daughter to help me, so we can handle a bunch!") I mean, I guess it's marginally better than having 750 in one building, but...
Old 03-15-2020, 08:18 AM   #1129
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
My sense is more of a SK (probably not as good though) than Italy. We were late in preparing for it (e.g. test kits) but I have confidence it is getting better, response leadership (Fauci, Birx vs Trump) is emerging, and increased coordination is coming along.

So here's my question:
US first case of reported coronavirus was Jan 20. It has been 55 days since then and we have 2816 infected and 58 deaths. I get the # infected is really higher but we can't tell right now because lack of testing. And I also understand 'some' deaths attributed to flu could have been the coronavirus.

We only started getting real serious about this a week ago, so shouldn't there be more deaths by now? Or at the very least, increased number of pre-existing people on their deathbeds with pneumonia-like symptoms?
Because of this lack of obvious calamity in day 55, I am hopeful our experience leans more towards SK than Italy.

Some possible reasons:
  • Older folks here take the annual flu shots (do they do that in Italy?). Is there some sort of residual benefit against the coronavirus?
  • Our healthcare tends to over-medicate and Drs prescribe antiobiotics freely as needed (I get there is no cure, but are there antibiotics, tamiflu etc. that help alleviate the symptoms and reduce mortality rates?). When I had pneumonia, got some antibiotics (think it was zpack) that did its job
  • We stay home, drive and not take public transportation as much (so not as much interaction for the elderly)
Bottom-line is we need more data with testing and hopefully we'll get it in next 2 weeks or so.

Your assumptions and data are completely irrelevant. Without actual data, and testing of everyone who has been sick you can't really draw any conclusions.

Key Missteps at the CDC Have Set Back Its Ability to Detect the Potential Spread of Coronavirus — ProPublica

Opinion: Early Coronavirus Testing Failures Will Cost Lives : Shots - Health News : NPR

It's likely out there in much bigger quantities, with more deaths than we can currently attribute to it.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2020, 08:23 AM   #1130
Ben E Lou

Quote:
Had a post about segregating the vulnerable from the not-so-vulnerable. I agree with this in concept, it's sensible solution to me if things escalate for the worse and no end in sight. This assumes the segregated population has the "infrastructure/help" to stay segregated for a longer period of time.

https://www.cnn.com/world/live-news/...c8848a3683959a
My in-laws (ages 71 and 81) are in a high-end assisted living complex. There are dozens of condos and duplexes for those who, like them, are nearly fully self-sufficient. (Basically, my in-laws have a private condo with laundry and lawn care service, and a meal plan allowing them to eat at one of several restaurants within the complex, but they typically drive somewhere outside the facility on a daily basis.) The facility ranges from people like them all the way to folks needing a full-time nurse. The complex has banned *all* outside visitors, and is strongly encouraging people like my in-laws to remain inside the facility's borders 24/7. Even Fedex and Amazon deliveries are going to a single location at the edge of the property to be sanitized before going to any of the seniors.
Old 03-15-2020, 09:07 AM   #1131
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben E Lou View Post
My in-laws (ages 71 and 81) are in a high-end assisted living complex. There are dozens of condos and duplexes for those who, like them, are nearly fully self-sufficient. (Basically, my in-laws have a private condo with laundry and lawn care service, and a meal plan allowing them to eat at one of several restaurants within the complex, but they typically drive somewhere outside the facility on a daily basis.) The facility ranges from people like them all the way to folks needing a full-time nurse. The complex has banned *all* outside visitors, and is strongly encouraging people like my in-laws to remain inside the facility's borders 24/7. Even Fedex and Amazon deliveries are going to a single location at the edge of the property to be sanitized before going to any of the seniors.

Nice. Just as long as they don't congregate too much in the restaurants & common areas, and have early warning checkups (e.g. temperature checks), sounds like the ideal situation. Assume they have nurses onsite also.

Are you guys happy with them? No significant complaints from in-laws? Can you share the name and $ range?

Last edited by Edward64 : 03-15-2020 at 09:11 AM.
Old 03-15-2020, 09:32 AM   #1132
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

The new Trump slogan appears to be, LEEEROY JENKINS!
Old 03-15-2020, 09:35 AM   #1133
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Saw this on facebook today. Not sure if the person who reposted believes it or was mocking it.

Quote:
Shared...
Q has posted today stating it’s “go time”. My husband is an Army vet and he said “Rig for Red” meant they had to changeover to their red lights on their gun sights and equipment right before attacking the enemy, so the enemy wouldn’t see them coming.

This means mass arrests and we know this is going to happen worldwide, so they needed a cover to restrict travel and get people prepared to have an interruption in supplies while a financial reset and the arrests occur. President Trump is trying to tell Americans to be prepared under the guise of a pandemic.

The stock market needs to adjust down in order to do a complete reset and move us to a gold backed currency and get rid of the Fed. The stock market has been falsely inflated for awhile. The CV is the perfect “crisis” to make a lot of it work. Travel will likely shut down for a brief period and maybe all schools and universities will be shut down so kids are home safe with their parents when the arrests occur. We could even have a period of Marital Law to suppress opportunities for looting and riots.

[Keeping people away from large crowds minimizes false flags, mass shootings, or other catastrophic events. Can't have a school shooting if the kids aren't in school. - M]

Having the CV crisis allows POTUS to shut down our borders so Homeland Security and our military can focus on keeping peace. Also, POTUS said everything with the CV will be over in April. He said it because he knows it is fake and they plan to take action in March and by April, the American public will be informed of what has occurred and why.

India had a full on celebration when POTUS visited. It is because he has struck a deal with India to start producing many of the things we were having China produce cheaply and it will help India A LOT. I think China’s leader is in on it with Trump, possibly. When Trump visited China, he took him to the Forbidden City and this has never been done with another world leader; likely to have complete privacy to plan. China has a Deep State, too, that is teamed up with our CIA and Deep State bad actors; the Clintons, Bidens, Romney, Feinstein and others.

Doug Collins, Matt Gaetz, Ted Cruz, Mike Pence, Mike Pompeo and Mark Meadows were all supposedly exposed to CV. What better way to explain their upcoming absence in DC than quarantine at their homes? Q already told us when the mass arrests happen, POTUS will be safely out of the country. AF1 can fly continuously, if needed, because it can be refueled in the air. President Trump is taking his present and future cabinet members with him in AF1 to keep them out of harm’s way and it won’t alert anyone that he is taking them all with! He already announced Mark Meadows will be his new Chief of Staff.

The “quarantine centers” have all been set up in areas where the concentration of sealed indictments are the highest. This explains why there is barbed wire slanted inward at one I saw in a video. These will be detention centers for the many criminals and traitors. They may even be set up as prisons with the sheer number of them.

Gitmo has had a multi-million $ upgrade that is completed. A new head judge has been sent to Gitmo. There was a large amount of our troops sent to Gitmo for a 2 year assignment last Summer. There were $millions spent just upgrading the Justice buildings and lawyer offices at Gitmo and another military base in the US.

I truly believe Trump, Gen Kelly and Gen Mattis are not on bad terms. I believe it is all an act to take them out of DC and allow them to fly under the radar so they could be at Gitmo and the other base to get everything set up for the military tribunals. The same goes for Sessions; he knows all of it because he was AG while the investigations were occurring and sealed indictments were ramping up. He likely recused himself from the Russia investigation to be able to focus on the other investigations and sealed indictments. He supposedly left on bad terms with POTUS, but I’ll bet he’s been working under the radar since he left DC to get everything ready.

Trump has replaced many of the Obama judges and others who would not do the right thing when the mass arrests occur. That took a long time to get them confirmed and placed strategically where they will be needed. He has the majority of the SCOTUS. Justice Roberts is highly compromised and will either be replaced with another Conservative Justice or has been given a deal to go along with ruling against any attempts to stop justice being served to the criminals and traitors in our government.

There have been a lot of National Guard and military equipment movement under the guise of a State of Emergency for the CV. They are getting into place to help deal with any civil unrest that will occur when people freak out over the arrests or groups like ANTIFA try to start problems because they have been paid by Soros to do so.
The internet, or at least all social media, will likely go dark, so don’t panic if it happens. It won’t be forever. They tested taking down specific platforms and cell service a couple of times. The CIA’s satellites have been shut down, so they have been blinded. I find it interesting, also, that Gina Haspel was at the last SOTU address smiling ear to ear. CIA directors rarely, if ever, attend SOTU addresses.

The Queen of England was locked out of Windsor Castle, briefly on Friday, for the first time ever. It was a marker to tell those following Q that it’s time.

A Q post from September of 2018 read:

Castle Lock.
Q

Then the one directly after it read:

Panic in UK
Panic in DC
Panic in UK
Panic in DC
Q

P atriots
A re
N ow
I n
C ontrol in the UK and DC

“Nothing can stop what is coming. Nothing” -Q

Trump wore a bright yellow tie in India and today at the CV press conference. He is telling us there is no virus because it is the exact same color as the maritime flag that represents the vessel has no infected people on board. THERE IS NO VIRUS. Every state reporting the most cases and deaths are all Sanctuary States run by Democrat bad actors in an attempt to get funding for the virus since Trump has cut off any Federal funds for Sanctuary States.

Do you see it now??

Trump and Pence have been flying all over, attending group events, hugging people, shaking hands... They are not worried because the Cvirus is fake

-Be ready for Martial Law
-Be ready for schools to shut down
-Be ready for travel to be restricted
-Be ready for the internet to go down
-Be ready with supplies to get you through until it’s over
-Be ready to tell everyone panicking when it happens that it is all planned.
Storm is upon up.
Dark to light.
Drain the swamp.
You were told to watch resignations, you see them...... there has been thousands in 2 years.
No worries, can't stop what's happening"
Old 03-15-2020, 09:42 AM   #1134
Kodos
Resident Alien

It is pretty sad seeing how selfish many of the people we know are being. My wife's at-risk mother (3 heart surgeries in the past) has been going to the casino, nar-Anon meetings, etc. Didn't bother to get any supplies ahead of time. Just totally disregarding the advice of the CDC. I just hope it doesn't end up with her and her husband in trouble in the coming weeks. We have cut off doing anything with them in person until things calm down.

We've isolated ourselves as well as possible. My wife works from home, I'll be working from home starting tomorrow. The kids are home from school after they closed down on Friday. I'll have to go get my 78-year-old father from a rehab facility (he has a knee problem after he tore a ligament in his knee a couple of months ago) on Tuesday. Hoping to keep our house as a safe haven for him. He's been living with us since last October due to increasing mobility issues that made living in an apartment by himself untenable.

Last edited by Kodos : 03-15-2020 at 09:43 AM.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2020, 09:44 AM   #1135
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Germany’s Health Ministry confirmed a report in newspaper Welt am Sonntag, which said President Donald Trump had offered funds to lure the company CureVac to the United States, and the German government was making counter-offers to tempt it to stay.

“The German government is very interested in ensuring that vaccines and active substances against the new coronavirus are also developed in Germany and Europe,” the newspaper quoted a Health Ministry official as saying. “In this regard, the government is in intensive exchange with the company CureVac.”

Contacted by Reuters, a spokeswoman for the German Health Ministry said: “We confirm the report in the Welt am Sonntag.”

Welt am Sonntag quoted an unidentified German government source as saying Trump was trying to secure the scientists’ work exclusively, and would do anything to get a vaccine for the United States, “but only for the United States.”

There was no comment immediately available from the U.S. embassy in Berlin when contacted by Reuters on Sunday over the report, and nobody was available to comment at CureVac. Welt am Sonntag said CureVac declined to comment.

Culture of life and all that.
Old 03-15-2020, 09:51 AM   #1136
Thomkal
Head Coach

wow Lathum that's a whole lot of crazy. Exactly NONE of the things QAnon has predicted has ever happened, so they just move on to the next event to get ready for.
Old 03-15-2020, 10:20 AM   #1137
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

NFL draft has been postponed.
Old 03-15-2020, 10:36 AM   #1138
Landshark44
High School Varsity

I work in a NJ Casino... we’ve been busy all weekend... people are out, gambling, drinking, eating at the restaurants..
Landshark44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2020, 10:40 AM   #1139
QuikSand
lolzcat

When in doubt, overreact.

This is becoming a variant on Pascal’s Wager.

Overreact, and we’re wrong... people lose out on a night at the bar, a spaghetti dinner, a week’s pay. Bummer.

Underreact, and we’re wrong, and we watch ten times too many people suffer and die. Humanity-changing effects.
Old 03-15-2020, 10:55 AM   #1140
QuikSand
lolzcat

Words I NEVER thought I’d be saying:

Everyone needs to listen to what Ted Cruz and AOC are saying.
Old 03-15-2020, 11:01 AM   #1141
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Words I NEVER thought I’d be saying:

Everyone needs to listen to what Ted Cruz and AOC are saying.

Cats and dogs, living together. Mass hysteria!

Si

Old 03-15-2020, 11:02 AM   #1142
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

I know this is dark, even for the gallows humor going around now, but I had a chuckle about this:

ISIS tells its terrorists not to travel to Europe -- because of coronavirus

Headline: "ISIS tells its terrorists not to travel to Europe for jihad — because of coronavirus"

SI

Old 03-15-2020, 11:05 AM   #1143
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landshark44 View Post
I work in a NJ Casino... we’ve been busy all weekend... people are out, gambling, drinking, eating at the restaurants..

Any noticeable demographics? Predominantly younger or just across the board?
Old 03-15-2020, 11:09 AM   #1144
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
Governor of Minnesota stated they are keeping schools open for now, declared a peacetime emergency and recommended no 250+ gatherings but did not ban them. MN is up to 14 cases, supposedly all from travel rather than community spread. The additional 5 cases from yesterday were from 250 tests conducted in the past 24 hours.

Keeping schools open lasted less than 48 hours. Now schools will be closing starting Wednesday. MN is up to 35 positive cases and 1422 people tested. In the past 24 hours they tested 560 people.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2020, 11:10 AM   #1145
QuikSand
lolzcat

MD is closing casinos, racetracks, and other revenue generators. We’ve only got about 30 confirmed cases, but are properly realizing that those numbers are close to useless due to lack of testing resources.
Old 03-15-2020, 11:25 AM   #1146
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

So here's my question:

Some possible reasons:

Antibiotics aren’t going to have any impact on a viral illness. Fever reducing medicine ain’t going to help you breathe like a ventilator. To this point, numbers in the US have increased at the same exponential rate and that’s with a lack of available testing. Seattle is already a mess and NYC is not going to be long behind. I don’t think optimism is warranted at this point. Hopefully I’m wrong and some of these local measures will be sufficient.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2020, 11:30 AM   #1147
Vegas Vic
Checkraising Tourists

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post
"ISIS tells its terrorists not to travel to Europe for jihad — because of coronavirus"

Never a lack of creativity with these guys. From the article, "Any sick jihadists already in Europe, however, should stay there — presumably to sicken infidels"
Vegas Vic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2020, 11:54 AM   #1148
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
Antibiotics aren’t going to have any impact on a viral illness. Fever reducing medicine ain’t going to help you breathe like a ventilator. To this point, numbers in the US have increased at the same exponential rate and that’s with a lack of available testing. Seattle is already a mess and NYC is not going to be long behind. I don’t think optimism is warranted at this point. Hopefully I’m wrong and some of these local measures will be sufficient.

Okay, maybe not zpack but possibly tamiflu and like in maybe lessening the symptoms. I do agree that it doesn't seem we have enough data to really know, however the lack of literature on treatment (e.g. "just take tamiflu to help reduce mortality") probably indicates it's not as effective.

Viral Pneumonia: Symptoms, Causes, Diagnosis, Treatment
Quote:
If a virus is causing your pneumonia, antibiotics won’t help, but your doctor may prescribe an antiviral medication.

If you have an influenza virus, your doctor may prescribe medications such as oseltamivir (Tamiflu), zanamivir (Relenza), or peramivir (Rapivab). These drugs keep flu viruses from spreading in your body.

If RSV is the cause of your pneumonia, your doctor may prescribe a medication such as ribavirin (Virazol). This helps to limit the spread of viruses.

Last edited by Edward64 : 03-15-2020 at 11:56 AM.
Old 03-15-2020, 12:58 PM   #1149
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

368 deaths in Italy in the past 24 hours.
Old 03-15-2020, 12:59 PM   #1150
miami_fan
Coordinator

Just received a call from the school district with a survey.

1. Does the student have access to a PC, smartphone, smart device? Yes or No

2. Does the student have access to the internet? Yes or No.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote