Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-07-2017, 04:25 PM   #3451
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

And now the rumor is both Priebus and Bannon are going.. If true, it's kinda funny that the two major wings of the White House on election day are being released before we're 100 days in. Combined with the moves on Syria I wonder if some of the folks who backed him are realizing that Trump doesn't stand for them, he stands for Trump "winning".
Old 04-07-2017, 05:11 PM   #3452
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
One can only hope it's at least Bannon. Reince isn't evil incarnate.

I would be more than happy with that...
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 05:46 PM   #3453
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Is there a more worthless Democrat than Tulsi Gabbard?

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
larrymcg421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 05:49 PM   #3454
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrymcg421 View Post

Zell Miller?

But, yeah, Gabbard is a fucking nut job.
Old 04-07-2017, 08:36 PM   #3455
Edward64
Head Coach

Trump is thinking outside the box for NK.

Trump's Options for North Korea Include Placing Nukes in South Korea - NBC News
Quote:
The National Security Council has presented President Trump with options to respond to North Korea's nuclear program — including putting American nukes in South Korea or killing dictator Kim Jong-un, multiple top-ranking intelligence and military officials told NBC News.

Both scenarios are part of an accelerated review of North Korea policy prepared in advance of President Donald Trump's meeting with Chinese President Xi Jinping this week.

The White House hopes the Chinese will do more to influence Pyongyang through diplomacy and enhanced sanctions. But if that fails, and North Korea continues its development of nuclear weapons, there are other options on the table that would significantly alter U.S. policy.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 08:57 PM   #3456
tarcone
Coordinator

DavidTrano disagrees

The word is Fight! Fight! Fight! For Iowa

FOFC 30 Dollar Challenge Champion-OOTP '15

Last edited by tarcone : 04-07-2017 at 08:58 PM.
tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 09:14 PM   #3457
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Nukes in SK is a terrible idea. It won't make SK any safer, as we already can wipe out NK, but it will make China go ballistic.
Old 04-07-2017, 09:28 PM   #3458
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Hillary Rodham Clinton.

Last edited by stevew : 04-07-2017 at 09:29 PM.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 09:59 AM   #3459
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Interesting WaPo article. I've seen all of the "Wag The Dog" and "distraction" and "collusion with Russia to make it look like they're not in cahoots" type theories, but this makes the most sense to me: the man likes his intel simple and with lots of pictures, and these pictures were gruesome. It really seems that with Trump, Occam's razor usually applies.

‘Horrible’ pictures of suffering moved Trump to action on Syria - The Washington Post
Old 04-08-2017, 10:31 AM   #3460
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
Hillary Rodham Clinton.

No input necessary from Stein supporters.

Old 04-08-2017, 10:39 AM   #3461
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
No input necessary from Stein supporters.

Eh, I voted for HRC very very reluctantly.

Last edited by stevew : 04-08-2017 at 10:39 AM.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 11:27 AM   #3462
cuervo72
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben E Lou View Post
Interesting WaPo article. I've seen all of the "Wag The Dog" and "distraction" and "collusion with Russia to make it look like they're not in cahoots" type theories, but this makes the most sense to me: the man likes his intel simple and with lots of pictures, and these pictures were gruesome. It really seems that with Trump, Occam's razor usually applies.

‘Horrible’ pictures of suffering moved Trump to action on Syria - The Washington Post

Quote:
Would the briefers please cut down on the number of words in the daily briefing book and instead use more graphics and pictures?

So basically, we need Eric Carle to write "The Very Bomby Dictator?" Or buy the National Security Series from Usborne?

Last edited by cuervo72 : 04-08-2017 at 11:28 AM.
cuervo72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 12:18 PM   #3463
lungs
Pro Rookie

Quote:

I'm a fan of hers.
lungs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 11:07 PM   #3464
Edward64
Head Coach

Perfect response from Syria, seemingly back to work a day after.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/04/08/middle...ump/index.html
Quote:
... but the Syrian air force resumed flight operations at the base the United States struck Friday, two pro-regime media outlets and an opposition group said Saturday.

A video on Instagram, posted Saturday by a reporter from the state-run Russia-24 outlet, purported to show a jet rolling down a tarmac at the air base. The caption reads: "Return to work at Shayrat."
:
A US defense official said Friday's strikes were not intended to damage runways or fully disable the base. Instead, the strikes hit aircraft, fuel storage, weapons dumps and other equipment, aiming to send a message to the Syrian regime that any use of chemical weapons would not be tolerated, the official said.
Old 04-08-2017, 11:16 PM   #3465
Edward64
Head Coach

Looks as if Trump is starting to enjoy his new shiny toys. The world feels a little more dangerous right now, not sure what the grand plan is but something needs to be done about NK sooner or later.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-us...-idUSKBN17A0V5
Quote:
A U.S. Navy strike group will be moving toward the western Pacific Ocean near the Korean peninsula as a show of force, a U.S. official told Reuters on Saturday, as concerns grow about North Korea's advancing weapons program.

Earlier this month North Korea tested a liquid-fueled Scud missile which only traveled a fraction of its range.

The strike group, called Carl Vinson, includes an aircraft carrier and will make its way from Singapore toward the Korean peninsula, according to the official, who was not authorized to speak to the media and requested anonymity.
:
In a statement late Saturday, the U.S. Navy's Third Fleet said the strike group had been directed to sail north, but it did not specify the destination. The military vessels will operate in the Western Pacific rather than making previously planned port visits to Australia, it added.
Old 04-09-2017, 07:49 AM   #3466
miked
College Starter

I guess the other 100k murders made no difference, it was the last few by chemical attacks. Humanitarian response is missile attacks, not taking in harmless refugees. It just gets dumber by the minute.
Old 04-10-2017, 07:00 PM   #3467
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Oh good Lord.

Quote:
"When the Democrats return to the majority and capture the presidency, which we will, that day is going to arrive, we will restore the 60-vote margin," Markey told MSNBC's Katy Tur. "We will ensure that, for the Supreme Court, there is that special margin that any candidate has to reach because that is essential to ensuring that our country has a confidence in those people that are nominated, rather than just someone who just passes a litmus test."

They should have threatened to blow up the legislative filibuster if the GOP blew up the judicial filibuster. Instead, they'll let the GOP steal a court seat and then reset the rules so they can do it all over again.

Idiots.
Old 04-10-2017, 07:07 PM   #3468
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
Oh good Lord. They should have threatened to blow up the legislative filibuster if the GOP blew up the judicial filibuster. Instead, they'll let the GOP steal a court seat and then reset the rules so they can do it all over again.

Idiots.

Aside from the theft part (since they really only used tools readily available to them) I wouldn't argue with a whole lot that you just said.

It's a major reason that I'm still not entirely without hope that the good guys WILL eventually win ... we're willing to do whatever it takes, the opposition seems to lack that.

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 04-10-2017 at 07:07 PM.
JonInMiddleGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 01:35 PM   #3469
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Has there ever been an administration this bad at talking about the Holocaust?

http://www.cnn.com/2017/04/11/politi...mical-weapons/

Old 04-11-2017, 02:00 PM   #3470
mckerney
Coordinator

Holocaust centers?
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 02:36 PM   #3471
Easy Mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckerney View Post
Holocaust centers?

It's like the YMCA... {please fill in your own horrible joke so that I don't get banned/arrested for the various ones going through my head}
Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 02:42 PM   #3472
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:

Almost like the administration is stacked with people who have spent a lifetime blaming the Jews for the world's problems.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 03:04 PM   #3473
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy Mac View Post
It's like the YMCA... {please fill in your own horrible joke so that I don't get banned/arrested for the various ones going through my head}

Hopefully they have a gym with lots of basketball rings.

Old 04-11-2017, 04:36 PM   #3474
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:

I feel sorry for Spicer. Its good that he's getting ragged on some (karma) but I think he should get a break for mis-speaking.
Old 04-11-2017, 04:38 PM   #3475
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
I feel sorry for Spicer. Its good that he's getting ragged on some (karma) but I think he should get a break for mis-speaking.

I think he may fundamentally not understand what transpired during the holocaust based on his mega-fumbling chance at explaining it.

The reason I say that is the bit about "holocaust centers" and saying Hitler was "not using the gas on his own people." I mean... plenty of German citizens died in concentration camps.

He's objectively pretty bad at his job.

Last edited by cthomer5000 : 04-11-2017 at 04:42 PM.
cthomer5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 04:41 PM   #3476
bhlloy
Coordinator

There are an entire generation of 14 year olds that understand that the Hitler analogy is a terrible idea. I don't think it's completely beyond the pail to think that the press secretary of the President of the United States should have the basic competency to recognize that as well.

And after all that, it was a terrible Hitler analogy that was 100% incorrect and insulting. So yeah.
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 05:41 PM   #3477
Drake
assmaster

I sort of feel bad for Spicer. I get the sense that he could be a really competent middle manager in the right sort of job (like managing a retail establishment), but he's just not cut out for the position that he's in.
Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 06:02 PM   #3478
Groundhog
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
I sort of feel bad for Spicer. I get the sense that he could be a really competent middle manager in the right sort of job (like managing a retail establishment), but he's just not cut out for the position that he's in.

The one guy qualified for the job's current status is unfortunately unknown.
Old 04-11-2017, 06:12 PM   #3479
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Old 04-11-2017, 06:21 PM   #3480
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Spicey done d00d it again: He said that he didn't want to be a distraction from (Trump's) "Efforts to de-stabilize the region")

Friendly advice Sean: At this point, you're not going to get away from the late night comics and others lampooning you tonight. Go home, get a good night's rest, and try again tomorrow, and write down what you're going to say.

Tommy Christopher on Twitter: "Wow: While apologizing for Hitler gaffe, Spicer literally says he doesn't want to distract from Trump's attempts "to destabilize the region" https://t.co/jlCwC93Wn4"
Old 04-11-2017, 06:30 PM   #3481
Atocep
Coordinator

In fairness, the degree of difficulty for that position under the current administration is off the charts.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 06:35 PM   #3482
Drake
assmaster

At this point, all Americans should just make a point of giving Sean Spicer a big 'ol hug any time we see him.

Either that or he should get Kellyanne Conway up on the podium as his co-anchor and they could just double down on what they're doing. Americans have never lost by someone doubling down on a bad deal.
Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 06:36 PM   #3483
whomario
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben E Lou View Post

“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”

Last edited by whomario : 04-11-2017 at 06:39 PM.
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 07:17 PM   #3484
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

He probably would have Peter Principled up to around that level, but he happened to know a guy who knew a guy and managed to "fall up" into the most stress filled PR job of all time.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 07:28 PM   #3485
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Quote:
Either that or he should get Kellyanne Conway up on the podium as his co-anchor and they could just double down on what they're doing. Americans have never lost by someone doubling down on a bad deal.

If that doesn't work, add two more people. If four press secretaries doesn't work, then maybe presidential administration isn't your game.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint

Last edited by cartman : 04-11-2017 at 07:28 PM.
cartman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 08:23 PM   #3486
cuervo72
Head Coach

Old 04-11-2017, 08:28 PM   #3487
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckerney View Post
Holocaust centers?

Honestly that particular phrase doesn't bother me that much. But of course the internet/twitter exploded or something over it.
Old 04-11-2017, 08:41 PM   #3488
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Pentagon awards contract to United Airlines to forcibly remove Assad
Old 04-11-2017, 08:49 PM   #3489
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Have to say that even when the D does not win this special election in Kansas-r, the GOP might be dropping a few bricks about the swing in five months (In November, it went 60-30 R, right now it is 50-49D.

Now, special elections are rare creatures, but seriously, a 31 point swing? Even if it's a 10-15 point win for the Republican, this bodes ill for R's in 2018. (of course, I just might be wishing on a star..)

Last edited by SirFozzie : 04-11-2017 at 08:50 PM.
SirFozzie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 09:43 PM   #3490
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post
Honestly that particular phrase doesn't bother me that much. But of course the internet/twitter exploded or something over it.

If it was taken in isolation, I would agree. In the context of what Spicer said earlier, I can understand the offense.
Old 04-12-2017, 03:14 AM   #3491
Easy Mac

So in a day, the administration saw the following:

They forgot about the Holocaust
Almost lost a solidly red district
Saw their favorite pundit "take a break"
Had the Sec. of State ask why we should care about Ukraine
Had it revealed that a campaign advisor was under federal investigation for working with Russian spies.

That's a pretty solid day for any administration. I guess the cherry would be if they forgot about scheduling a photo op for Easter with a bunch of kids on the White House lawn.
Old 04-12-2017, 06:03 AM   #3492
Thomkal
Head Coach

which pundit is "taking a break?"
Old 04-12-2017, 06:14 AM   #3493
Easy Mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
which pundit is "taking a break?"

As his advertisers exit, Bill O’Reilly announces that he’s taking a ‘vacation’ - The Washington Post

http://www.avclub.com/article/21st-c...ly-want-253583
Old 04-12-2017, 06:21 AM   #3494
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Had it revealed that a campaign advisor was under federal investigation for working with Russian spies.

That's a pretty solid day for any administration. I guess the cherry would be if they forgot about scheduling a photo op for Easter with a bunch of kids on the White House lawn.

I'm surprised they didn't cue up another missile attack on some Middle Eastern country.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 06:33 AM   #3495
Thomkal
Head Coach

yes yes I'm sure he's had it scheduled for months now.
Old 04-12-2017, 07:01 AM   #3496
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:

To be fair, Montenegro was good news
Old 04-12-2017, 07:11 AM   #3497
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
yes yes I'm sure he's had it scheduled for months now.

My guess is he'll survive this. There are plenty of other sponsors out there willing to take the risk.
Old 04-12-2017, 01:33 PM   #3498
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
My guess is he'll survive this. There are plenty of other sponsors out there willing to take the risk.

Don't the shows around him get a ratings bump too? Also if ratings remain high couldn't they also use his show to plug other Fox projects?
Old 04-12-2017, 01:45 PM   #3499
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:

It's followed by what's sure to be more winning today.

Trump changes course again, says health-care repeal must happen before tax overhaul - The Washington Post
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 01:58 PM   #3500
Kodos
Resident Alien

I don't know about you, but I'm getting tired of always winning.