General Manager

dola

New info on No Man's Sky........

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/...t-no-mans-sky/
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 03:34 PM   #3002
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

My neighbor would pay for it, he's a Halo fiend and this will probably push him over the edge to finally get an XB1.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 03:38 PM   #3003
BillJasper
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan View Post
And I'm guessing that most that are interested that don't have a console yet will opt for a model without the frills and purchase the game separately.

The question is: how many of these bundles is Microsoft going to produce? If it's in the millions, yeah it would be a bad idea. Ten or twenty thousand for the hardcore Halo fans that haven't picked up a console yet, not a bad idea.
Old 08-04-2015, 03:40 PM   #3004
BillJasper
Pro Starter

Quote:
dola

I don't see 'Things about a release date', which is what matters to me at this point.
Old 08-04-2015, 04:08 PM   #3005
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillJasper View Post
I don't see 'Things about a release date', which is what matters to me at this point.

It definitely falls under the 'Gran Turismo' release scheduling setup. They'll release it when they're damn good and ready apparently.
Old 08-04-2015, 08:17 PM   #3006
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
dola

Sounds great.. but we shall see once it's released.
Old 08-04-2015, 08:20 PM   #3007
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I actually sold my One and I think I'm largely getting out of gaming for good. My daughter wants a few PS4 games so I imagine we will get one eventually.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 05:32 PM   #3008
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
I actually sold my One and I think I'm largely getting out of gaming for good. My daughter wants a few PS4 games so I imagine we will get one eventually.

Honestly.. we still play our Xbox 360 way more than anything on the Xbox One... NHL is the ONLY game I really care about (besides college football which is dead for now) and I've played NHL 15 more on the 360 than the XB1.

I think NHL 16 will be the game I wanted NHL 15 to be on the XB1 though, so I'm excited for it. It's a game I play just about everyday.

When I take vacation, I go on a binge and have Witcher and Batman to really dive into. In my older age.. I can't play a game like these and then come back to them months later.. I have to finish them over a close period of time or I'll forget the control scheme.
Old 08-05-2015, 06:06 PM   #3009
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah View Post
When I take vacation, I go on a binge and have Witcher and Batman to really dive into. In my older age.. I can't play a game like these and then come back to them months later.. I have to finish them over a close period of time or I'll forget the control scheme.

This makes me feel a bit better. I'm the same way.
Old 08-05-2015, 11:05 PM   #3010
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Been watching the kids finish Splatoon. From the music choices(some of the stuff is essentially death metal) to the humor elements to the unique gameplay, this is wharctye WiiU should have launched with

Last edited by stevew : 08-05-2015 at 11:08 PM.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 11:58 AM   #3011
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Fun spin on the PS+ offerings. It's somewhat like the Steam Sale voting, except the winning game is free the next month.

You Can Vote To Make These Games Free On PS Plus
Old 08-13-2015, 08:07 PM   #3012
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Another NPD win for the PS4 and its software.

PlayStation 4 tops console and software sales in July | GamesBeat | Games | by Jeff Grubb
Old 08-13-2015, 08:25 PM   #3013
Groundhog
Coordinator

Quote:
dola

18,446,744,073,709,551,616 planets, but I'm yet to be convinced that the planets will be different enough from each other to keep my interest up after 20-30 hours? I'm yet to play a procedurally generated game (which this is, really, even if it's pre-generated) that is able to 'randomly' produce enough content to keep things interesting and/or unique enough, now that the Minecraft-awe has worn off.

Animals will have unique calls? Super. But will they all act, look, and sound unique enough that after finding one populated, non-desolate planet I'll have something new to find on the next one?

I hope the answer to all of this is yes, but I find it hard to believe... If the game lived up to even half of the potential that has been hinted at since announced it would be such a giant leap forward from anything that has come before it.

I just can't help but feel that this is going to be Spore all over again.
Old 08-14-2015, 09:20 AM   #3014
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Interesting interview of Peter Moore......

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/eas...block-32323701
Old 08-14-2015, 12:31 PM   #3015
Kodos
Resident Alien

Oof. Star Wars Battlefront doesn't have singleplayer? That's not good...
Old 08-14-2015, 02:55 PM   #3016
Mota
College Benchwarmer

Well that saves me money this year.
Mota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 03:32 PM   #3017
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mota View Post
Well that saves me money this year.

+1
Old 08-14-2015, 07:47 PM   #3018
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Didn't even realize David Jaffe was working on a new game. Looks like it's PS4 only and free to play.

http://drawntodeath.com/en-us
Old 08-18-2015, 09:58 AM   #3019
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Oh dear...........

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/xbo.../1100-6429839/

Quote:
"It's a really unique value that only we can offer," he added. "You still need very gamer-focused values, but there's lots of things you can do with our technology. We've really got a lot more going on [than our competitors]. We're doing things that can't be done on any other console."

Quote:
"We've got a lot more exclusive games than any other platform"

Last edited by Mizzou B-ball fan : 08-18-2015 at 10:01 AM.
Old 08-18-2015, 10:09 AM   #3020
BillJasper
Pro Starter

I don't get it? A Microsoft executive talking up a product that his company sells.

Film at 11!
Old 08-18-2015, 10:42 AM   #3021
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
Oof. Star Wars Battlefront doesn't have singleplayer? That's not good...

WTF! Yeah saves me some money too!! Sorry but when will these game console orgs realize the majority of over 30 something's who have the disposable income to blow on this crap aren't interested in Multi player with some jag offs around the globe.
Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 11:01 AM   #3022
Kodos
Resident Alien

Yeah, the only way that be good would be if we got FOFC- only matches, but we only have like 20-30 guys regularly posting at this point.
Old 08-18-2015, 09:43 PM   #3023
Mota
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Oh dear...........

Hey, I was playing FIFA 15 on my Xbox One this weekend, streaming to my PC using Windows 10. It was great! I tried doing that on my PS4 and for some reason it wouldn't work.

Also, backwards compatibility this fall. I still have plenty of games on 360 that I didn't finish, which I would still enjoy playing (but my 360 is buried in the basement these days).

You might say what you want, but XB1 is starting to come up with features that PS4 doesn't have answers for.

Once again, I am platform agnostic this generation, but in the past 3 months my gaming time has moved from 99% PS4 to 50/50. Microsoft is definitely doing something right.
Old 08-18-2015, 10:02 PM   #3024
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mota View Post
Hey, I was playing FIFA 15 on my Xbox One this weekend, streaming to my PC using Windows 10. It was great! I tried doing that on my PS4 and for some reason it wouldn't work.

Also, backwards compatibility this fall. I still have plenty of games on 360 that I didn't finish, which I would still enjoy playing (but my 360 is buried in the basement these days).

You might say what you want, but XB1 is starting to come up with features that PS4 doesn't have answers for.

Once again, I am platform agnostic this generation, but in the past 3 months my gaming time has moved from 99% PS4 to 50/50. Microsoft is definitely doing something right.

Sony has been streaming to other platforms since the last generation. It's great that MS has finally caught up to their competitors, but to claim it doesn't happen elsewhere is simply false.

The 'more exclusives' comment by MS is just plain laughable and I think most realize that.

We already discussed it in this thread, but there's plenty of reason to be wary until we see what's actually on the 'list' of backwards compatibility. As a Sony owner, you should know how that's worked in the past.

One should be able to separate the difference between a gamer enjoying a system and an executive making comments that just look plain silly. You can enjoy the X1 while still fully understanding that this guy is full of hot air.
Old 08-18-2015, 10:12 PM   #3025
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Sony has been streaming to other platforms since the last generation. It's great that MS has finally caught up to their competitors, but to claim it doesn't happen elsewhere is simply false.

The snarky shot at Microsoft ignores the fact that streaming to PC isn't something the PS4 is able to do. Streaming to the Vita is great for the 10 of us that own the handheld, but I'd take streaming to PC over that any day.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 10:26 PM   #3026
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

That was lame shot even by Mbbf standards.

jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 10:40 PM   #3027
BillJasper
Pro Starter

Quote:

The 'more exclusives' comment by MS is just plain laughable and I think most realize that.

We already discussed it in this thread, but there's plenty of reason to be wary until we see what's actually on the 'list' of backwards compatibility. As a Sony owner, you should know how that's worked in the past.

One should be able to separate the difference between a gamer enjoying a system and an executive making comments that just look plain silly. You can enjoy the X1 while still fully understanding that this guy is full of hot air.

I still don't get what you're on about? A Microsoft executive offered positive spin for a Microsoft product.
Old 08-18-2015, 10:41 PM   #3028
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post
The snarky shot at Microsoft ignores the fact that streaming to PC isn't something the PS4 is able to do. Streaming to the Vita is great for the 10 of us that own the handheld, but I'd take streaming to PC over that any day.

It also streams to TV's via PS TV. Granted, it's not a huge group that owns it, but it's available.

I can't imagine that there's a huge group of people streaming to the PC either. Most people own a console because they don't want to deal with a PC. There's a group of techies that do it, but it's not a huge game-changer by any means (I'd make the same statement about Sony's streaming options).
Old 08-18-2015, 10:43 PM   #3029
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillJasper View Post
I still don't get what you're on about? A Microsoft executive offered positive spin for a Microsoft product.

I agree at some level. It's an exec promoting his console regardless of how accurate his statements are. Your statement is spot on.
Old 08-18-2015, 11:00 PM   #3030
Groundhog
Coordinator

I wish I could play my PS4 on my PC monitor without a capture card.
Old 08-18-2015, 11:20 PM   #3031
nol
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaril View Post
WTF! Yeah saves me some money too!! Sorry but when will these game console orgs realize the majority of over 30 something's who have the disposable income to blow on this crap aren't interested in Multi player with some jag offs around the globe.

Yeah, most of them aren't personally interested in it, but a lot of them have sired one of those little jag-offs and that's where the disposable income is going
nol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 11:39 AM   #3032
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nol View Post
Yeah, most of them aren't personally interested in it, but a lot of them have sired one of those little jag-offs and that's where the disposable income is going

True.
Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 05:53 PM   #3033
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I agree at some level. It's an exec promoting his console regardless of how accurate his statements are. Your statement is spot on.

Just stop.. I mean.. really.. this thread needs to die because all the crap you post.

Hey.. us XB1 owners have EA Access.. HAHAHAHAHA!!!!
Old 08-19-2015, 07:50 PM   #3034
Mota
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
It also streams to TV's via PS TV. Granted, it's not a huge group that owns it, but it's available.

I can't imagine that there's a huge group of people streaming to the PC either. Most people own a console because they don't want to deal with a PC. There's a group of techies that do it, but it's not a huge game-changer by any means (I'd make the same statement about Sony's streaming options).

The good news about the Windows 10 streaming is that it's really easy. Click on Xbox app ... hit stream... play. It didn't require a lot of techie stuff to get it setup, so I think it will appeal to a larger market.

I also got my son to stream PS4 onto the Vita, but he only did it once because of the small screen not lending itself to full size TV applications. That is cool too, but what you really want to play on the Vita is software designed for a small screen.

I did love my backward compatibility on my PS3, unfortunately my console died and the newer versions did not have it. That was a huge disapointment to me, as I was playing all the Final Fantasy games on the PS3. RPG's are typically the types of games that hold their playability the longest, you'd really never want to play most FPS from a previous generation using backward compatibility because technology is such a big factor in those games.
Old 08-20-2015, 04:51 AM   #3035
CraigSca
Pro Starter

I don't understand - why is streaming to a PC so great? Shouldn't your TV, which the XBOX is attached to, be larger than your PC monitor (and thus give you a better experience)?

I'm thinking about getting an XBONE, partially because of EA Access (bringing NCAA back would seal that deal), and to disassociate myself from my PS4 because of Mizzou BBall fan's snarkiness.
how do you know?

CraigSca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 07:22 AM   #3036
Kodos
Resident Alien

I'm still waiting for a game that makes me actually use my PS4.
Old 08-20-2015, 07:41 AM   #3037
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigSca View Post
I don't understand - why is streaming to a PC so great? Shouldn't your TV, which the XBOX is attached to, be larger than your PC monitor (and thus give you a better experience)?

It is relative. Your TV is likely bigger, but you also sit much farther away than you would a computer monitor. You are 6-10 (or more) feet away from a 42-50 inch TV, but only a couple of feet away from a 24-27 inch monitor. It also gives you options. If the TV is being used by others in the house, you can still play the Xbox One.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 07:46 AM   #3038
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartman View Post
It is relative. Your TV is likely bigger, but you also sit much farther away than you would a computer monitor. You are 6-10 (or more) feet away from a 42-50 inch TV, but only a couple of feet away from a 24-27 inch monitor. It also gives you options. If the TV is being used by others in the house, you can still play the Xbox One.

That's the key right there...
Old 08-20-2015, 10:43 AM   #3039
CraigSca
Pro Starter

Ah, now I get it!
how do you know?

Old 08-20-2015, 05:17 PM   #3040
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:

I'm thinking about getting an XBONE, partially because of EA Access (bringing NCAA back would seal that deal), and to disassociate myself from my PS4 because of Mizzou BBall fan's snarkiness.

1. NCAA is not coming back anytime soon, physical disc or EA Access. Anyone who tells you that is as stupid as their comment looks.

2. Purchasing a console to spite someone on a message board has to rate as one of the more ridiculous reasons ever to spend $300-400.
Old 08-20-2015, 05:22 PM   #3041
CraigSca
Pro Starter

Quote:
1. NCAA is not coming back anytime soon, physical disc or EA Access. Anyone who tells you that is as stupid as their comment looks.

2. Purchasing a console to spite someone on a message board has to rate as one of the more ridiculous reasons ever to spend $300-400.

#1 Yep, NCAA is a ways away.

#2 Call me crazy. But I'd also say fanboying a particular Japanese corporation and extolling their virtues ad nauseum for years on a message board is pretty ridiculous as well.
how do you know?

Last edited by CraigSca : 08-20-2015 at 05:26 PM.
Old 08-20-2015, 05:26 PM   #3042
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
#1 Yep, NCAA is a ways away.

#2 Call me crazy.

I'll buy an Xbox One at some point, but not now. It's far too expensive for what it offers. They literally keep removing what they believed were key components at the start (Kinect support non-existent, rumors today that new Xbox Mini will not have Blu-Ray support). Plus, I've got a Steam-like backlog of games on PSN that I have to entertain me in the meanwhile. Getting six games a month for around $4/month is way too good of a value right now.

Last edited by Mizzou B-ball fan : 08-20-2015 at 05:27 PM.
Old 08-20-2015, 05:32 PM   #3043
RainMaker
General Manager

The two devices are practically the same. Trying to pretend that one is dramatically better than the other is comical. Just pick the one that has a controller you like better.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 05:34 PM   #3044
BillJasper
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
The two devices are practically the same. Trying to pretend that one is dramatically better than the other is comical. Just pick the one that has a controller you like better.

+1
Old 08-20-2015, 06:03 PM   #3045
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:

One has sold 2X the number of consoles that the other has sold. Pretending that won't affect the game options on one console vs. the other (in addition to the other differences) is ridiculous. It will have a direct impact on exclusives/timed exclusives.
Old 08-20-2015, 06:23 PM   #3046
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
One has sold 2X the number of consoles that the other has sold. Pretending that won't affect the game options on one console vs. the other (in addition to the other differences) is ridiculous. It will have a direct impact on exclusives/timed exclusives.

Please show me proof....

Last edited by MizzouRah : 08-20-2015 at 06:23 PM.
Old 08-20-2015, 06:37 PM   #3047
RainMaker
General Manager

The exclusives on this generation have largely sucked. Almost all the big titles are multiplatform and that trend is going to continue with how easy it is to port between the two and the cost to produce AAA games.

The only exception is the ones made by Microsoft or Sony themselves. So if you have a preference in Uncharted and Halo, pick your console based on that.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 07:00 PM   #3048
Atocep
Coordinator

I think 3rd party exclusives are going to largely be a thing of the past soon. They don't make sense for Sony/Microsoft and they don't make sense for developers this generation.

I can see Sony/Microsoft pushing for them in the first year of a console's life, but at this point I don't see many people running out and buying either console because of 1 game.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 07:08 PM   #3049
Mota
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
The exclusives on this generation have largely sucked. Almost all the big titles are multiplatform and that trend is going to continue with how easy it is to port between the two and the cost to produce AAA games.

The only exception is the ones made by Microsoft or Sony themselves. So if you have a preference in Uncharted and Halo, pick your console based on that.

I personally think that the Halo / Gears of War / Forza combo beats Uncharted / God of War / Gran Turismo. But hey, that's why I own both consoles, so if I want to play a game, I can. I don't have to pick favorites. I just seem to pick a favorite on this topic to try and counter the severe fanboyism I see. In reality, I just like to play games.
Old 08-20-2015, 07:15 PM   #3050
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Quote:
I'll buy an Xbox One at some point, but not now. It's far too expensive for what it offers. They literally keep removing what they believed were key components at the start (Kinect support non-existent, rumors today that new Xbox Mini will not have Blu-Ray support). Plus, I've got a Steam-like backlog of games on PSN that I have to entertain me in the meanwhile. Getting six games a month for around $4/month is way too good of a value right now.

So why did you buy a PS3 at launch? Also, not really surprising that you use a rumor as a statement of fact to try and disparage Microsoft.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote