Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

View Poll Results: Describe your Thursday Night Football viewing habits
I never miss it! 1 1.37%
I usually watch it. 18 24.66%
50/50. It's football. I'll watch if I don't have something better to do. 19 26.03%
I watch a few games each season. 25 34.25%
I go trout fishing instead. 10 13.70%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-17-2015, 11:08 AM   #1
Kodos
Resident Alien

Thursday Night Football

I find myself rarely watching Thursday Night Football, unless it's like tonight where one of my favorite teams is playing. If it's San Diego versus Houston, forget it. No chance I'm watching. How about you? (Poll to come.)

Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 11:11 AM   #2
Suicane75
Coordinator

I'm usually watching a college game anyway, so I'll flip around, but it's not must see viewing.
Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 11:22 AM   #3
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

I sometimes have it on in the background. Maybe if I have a fantasy guy or two that I care about. The Thursday games are usually so terrible though that it's not worth it.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 11:27 AM   #4
MikeVic
Head Coach

I rarely watch it. Will tune in to at least parts of a Steelers game, otherwise nope. Really dislike that these games occur each week. I actually liked taking a day off from work to watch the full slate of Thanksgiving games, and these Thursday game experiences usually suck. One of the things I liked about the NFL is having Sunday and Monday to watch some games.
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 11:35 AM   #5
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

It would likely be a game that would be on at the same time as another one I would already watch Sunday so I don't mind them. I don't focus on it like I would a Bengal game or the Super Bowl but under the "old system" I would watch zero of the Broncos/Chiefs game. And now I may actually watch part of it and if it is a good game a lot of it.
panerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 11:37 AM   #6
BillJasper
Pro Starter

50/50 here.

I wish they just did a few games a year on Thursday, like in the old days. Made them seem more special, even if it was a poor matchup.
Old 09-17-2015, 12:08 PM   #7
Fonzie
Pro Rookie

I usually watch, but like Bill would prefer that they cut back drastically. What I'd love is if they moved most of those games to do weekly Monday night double-headers like we get with Week 1.
Fonzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 12:12 PM   #8
Logan
Head Coach

I like to have it just to check in on, but generally speaking if it's not a great matchup I pass.

But what I love to do is make sure it's on when my wife is about to come into the room, only to say that we should change it and watch something else when she sits down on the couch. Gotta get that goodwill for the rest of the weekend, primarily CFB.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 12:13 PM   #9
MIJB#19
Coordinator

Trout. I'm usually asleep during Thursday Night Football.
MIJB#19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 12:31 PM   #10
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
I like to have it just to check in on, but generally speaking if it's not a great matchup I pass.

But what I love to do is make sure it's on when my wife is about to come into the room, only to say that we should change it and watch something else when she sits down on the couch. Gotta get that goodwill for the rest of the weekend, primarily CFB.

That's just good strategery there.
Old 09-17-2015, 12:41 PM   #11
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

I'd rather they just move the game to Sunday. I'd also love to see them stagger the Sunday schedule more. There should be 4-5 games on at all times during the 6-hour window on Sunday. I hate the 9 early games, 3 late game schedule.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 02:36 PM   #12
Solecismic
Solecismic Software

I find it hard to watch when there's only one game on. They keep increasing the number of commercials - and now so many commercials use vomit cam that turning the sound off isn't enough, I have to change the channels.

So generally I watch only when I can switch to other games. That works well for college on Saturday, because there's always something on. With the NFL on Sunday, I switch to NFL Network if it's not CBS/FOX time.
Solecismic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 02:55 PM   #13
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

And by "watch" I really mean "be aware of it enough that I might check the score before it's over"
Old 09-17-2015, 04:27 PM   #14
britrock88
Pro Starter

What I miss are the more regular slate of Saturday games during December/January.
britrock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 06:26 PM   #15
Radii
Head Coach

I love Red Zone. I love the mass of NFL games at 1pm and 4pm on Sunday. Every game that takes away from that annoys me. The Thursday night games, even when between good teams, have been shit quality more often than not. I keep them on, or keep an eye on the score, but they rarely get my full attention.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 06:31 PM   #16
thesloppy
Pro Starter

I said I never miss it, but it's really more "I'll watch it if I don't have anything better to do"....I just never have anything better to do.

I do think that the attempts by the league to stretch the games into as many days/times as possible actually serves to dilute people's attention. When it was all on Sunday, with one Monday game, it had the feel of ritual/tradition, whereas when they stretch it out to 3-4 nights a week my thoughts are more along the line of "you really expect me to watch all this shit?"
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.

Last edited by thesloppy : 09-17-2015 at 06:34 PM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 07:19 PM   #17
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radii View Post
I love Red Zone. I love the mass of NFL games at 1pm and 4pm on Sunday. Every game that takes away from that annoys me. The Thursday night games, even when between good teams, have been shit quality more often than not. I keep them on, or keep an eye on the score, but they rarely get my full attention.

what he said
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 07:20 PM   #18
Thomkal
Head Coach

unless my beloved Cardinals are playing of course then I watch
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote