Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

View Poll Results: If Trump Loses In November, What Do You Think Happens Next
Normal transition of power. He meets with Biden, stays until 1/20, comes to inauguration, etc. 5 5.56%
He doesn't fight the result, but resigns prior to the inauguration. 2 2.22%
He fights the result but gives up shortly before the inauguration (let's define "shortly" as "some time after the EC meets on 12/14") 30 33.33%
He fights the result all the way to January 20th. Has to be physically removed. 12 13.33%
He fights the result for a short time, but gives up and resigns before the inauguration 6 6.67%
He fights the result for a short time, but gives up an then we have a normal transition as per option 1. 30 33.33%
Other. (You know you gotta specify this one.) 5 5.56%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-17-2021, 01:44 PM   #3151
BYU 14
Coordinator

Dola, I think ultimately Gaetz will skate because of how much money and influence daddy has, when it should be apparent to everyone that he is in politics for the sole reason of lining his pockets and sucking every ounce of opportunity out of his privilege possible.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 02:02 PM   #3152
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

I just continue to get this sick feeling that the last election was a "last gasp" of democracy, and we are going to go off the cliff into a total authoritarian state in the next couple of years. I mean like possible "reeducation camps" type of stuff.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 02:06 PM   #3153
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
I just continue to get this sick feeling that the last election was a "last gasp" of democracy, and we are going to go off the cliff into a total authoritarian state in the next couple of years. I mean like possible "reeducation camps" type of stuff.

Isn't that what the 1619 Project is about?
Old 05-18-2021, 08:15 AM   #3154
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Shocked I tell you! Shocked!

Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2021, 08:21 AM   #3155
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

I don't see how a 9/11-like commission can happen.

If the 9/11 terrorists had all been wearing Al Gore gear and blown up the towers and the Pentagon with the express purpose of deposing Bush so that Gore could be President, we wouldn't have had a 9/11 commission either.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2021, 10:20 AM   #3156
PilotMan
Head Coach

My State Rep Thomas Massie made sure to co-sign a letter with another congressman expressing his concerns to Garland and the Justice Department over what he feared was "hyper-politicization" that will lead to unfair treatment and possible overly aggressive prosecution for suspects from Jan 6.

Capitol riot: Rep. Thomas Massie warns of prosecutorial overreach

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2021, 11:10 AM   #3157
BYU 14
Coordinator

Just imagine if Dems did this with Antifa......
Old 05-18-2021, 12:28 PM   #3158
RainMaker
General Manager

RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2021, 01:12 PM   #3159
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I should be surprised. I hope his shit stain client get 30 years and he gets disbarred.

Old 05-18-2021, 01:45 PM   #3160
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

I think the Shaman needs to conjure up a better lawyer. It's like he picked an old high school friend who once binged a season of Law and Order.
Old 05-18-2021, 02:54 PM   #3161
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
I should be surprised. I hope his shit stain client get 30 years and he gets disbarred.

Oh FUCK this guy and FUCK that piece of shit Chansley, this is a pathetic, ignorant attempt to get his client leniency while both insulting and marginalizing others with this condition that do just fine in society and are perfectly capable of rational thought and actions.

My oldest son has Aspergers and guess what, he holds a near 6 figure job in IT as a project analyst, is married, owns a house and has a wonderful daughter. He struggles with social anxiety, but he is brilliant in his job, a loving and devoted Dad.

Hearing shit like this makes me irate and I would like to clock that fucking attorney! Seriously, I actually looked him up to see if he is local and it's probably good he isn't. Man I am heated right now.
Old 05-18-2021, 03:19 PM   #3162
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Yup.

My son is 11 with Aspergers. Most people don't even realize because he is very high functioning, just not great in certain social situations. It's beyond gross the generalizations the attorney is making, and really shoddy. I would imagine the prosecution will have a field day with that defense. My son also knows Trump is a huge POS and came to that conclusion on his own while FOX News was on at his grandparents.
Old 05-18-2021, 05:05 PM   #3163
GrantDawg

Republican leadership is whipping against the forming of a bipartisan commission on the January 6th attack. They are the party of Trump wholly and completely.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
Old 05-18-2021, 05:27 PM   #3164
BYU 14
Coordinator

McConnell indicated today he was open to a committee, but I am sure it is just another tease and he will find a reason to oppose it when the time comes.
Old 05-18-2021, 09:05 PM   #3165
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU 14 View Post
Dola, I think ultimately Gaetz will skate because of how much money and influence daddy has, when it should be apparent to everyone that he is in politics for the sole reason of lining his pockets and sucking every ounce of opportunity out of his privilege possible.

I agree. It's a shame they cut a plea with Greenberg who is a bottom of the barrel crook.

Reminds me of the Mueller probe when all these crooks got sweetheart deals to help and it led to jack squat.

Seems like the "we cut a deal for his cooperation" is just a tool to let the rich connected white dudes off easy.

Last edited by RainMaker : 05-18-2021 at 09:05 PM.
Old 05-18-2021, 09:12 PM   #3166
PilotMan
Head Coach

If only he was selling individual cigs on the sidewalk....man, we'd have his ass NAILED! We'd choke that fucker out!

Like Steam?

Old 05-19-2021, 01:18 AM   #3167
Vegas Vic
Checkraising Tourists

Quote:
It's really sad to watch the absolute disregard of morals that exist in the GOP after 4 years of fake news, constant lies and constitution shredding.

The Republican party is in total disarray right now. What was once a proud party, with great statesmen like Dwight Eisenhower, Ronald Reagan and George H. W. Bush no longer exists. MAGA fanatics love to throw out the term "RINO" (Republican in Name Only) to anyone who dares to defy Trump and seeks to compromise with the opposition party. The irony that is lost on these idiots is that in fact they are the "RINOS" who have taken over and destroyed a once honorable party.

More sickening are the Republican congressmen who suck up to Trump. Lindsey Graham is a mealymouthed, flip flopping hypocrite with the spine of a jellyfish. Ted Cruz is no better. Keep in mind, this is the same guy who called Trump a pathological liar during the 2016 presidential campaign after Trump accused Ted's father of being responsible for the assassination of JFK. Now, he's a boot licking Trump sycophant along with the rest of them.

Last edited by Vegas Vic : 05-19-2021 at 01:36 AM.
Vegas Vic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2021, 06:12 AM   #3168
Kodos
Resident Alien

He also said Cruz’s wife was ugly, I believe.
Old 05-19-2021, 10:22 AM   #3169
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
McConnell indicated today he was open to a committee, but I am sure it is just another tease and he will find a reason to oppose it when the time comes.

It only took 1 day for this prediction to come true. I am so sick of that fucking guy. I'm so sick of literally opposing everything. Like yeah, it's totally cool.

Like Steam?

Old 05-19-2021, 11:34 AM   #3170
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
It only took 1 day for this prediction to come true. I am so sick of that fucking guy. I'm so sick of literally opposing everything. Like yeah, it's totally cool.

Yep, right on queue, he is such a shady bastard.

McConnell says he'll oppose Jan. 6 commission to probe riot
Old 05-19-2021, 11:38 AM   #3171
Jas_lov
College Starter

Might as well just go ahead and do the insfrastructure and jobs plan by reconciliation now. If they won't even vote for a commission to study the attack on themselves that their own member negotiated they're not serious about anything bipartisan.
Jas_lov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2021, 12:19 PM   #3172
PilotMan
Head Coach

Bingo. Might as well forget the Scotus investigation, and go ahead with nominations there too.

Like Steam?

Last edited by PilotMan : 05-19-2021 at 12:20 PM.
Old 05-19-2021, 03:15 PM   #3173
GrantDawg

All this buzz about the Trump criminal probes is just like the buzz about Mueller. Until they actually indict him, it means nothing.

Old 05-21-2021, 01:22 PM   #3174
RainMaker
General Manager

You can see the direction the party is going.

US House candidate Bouchard says he impregnated 14-year-old when he was 18 | 307 Politics | trib.com
Old 05-21-2021, 01:45 PM   #3175
cuervo72
Head Coach

Quote:
Bouchard told the Star-Tribune he married the girl when she was 15 and he was 19. At the time, they were both living in Florida.

The two were legally able to get married at the time because Florida law stated that people could marry at any age with a judge's approval if a pregnancy was involved and a parent consented. They got divorced approximately three years later.

"A lot of pressure. Pressure to abort a baby. I got to tell you. I wasn't going to do it, and neither was she," he said. "And there was pressure to have her banished from their family. Just pressure. Pressure to go hide somewhere. And the only thing I could see as the right thing to do was to get married and take care of him."

So I guess that all worked out then.

Quote:
Bouchard’s ex-wife killed herself when she was 20, he said. Online records list a woman with her name as being buried at a Jacksonville, Florida, cemetery in 1990. The Star-Tribune is choosing not to identify her.

Oh.
Old 05-21-2021, 01:56 PM   #3176
RainMaker
General Manager

The rapist talking about the "right thing to do".
Old 05-21-2021, 06:53 PM   #3177
whomario
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuervo72 View Post
So I guess that all worked out then.

Oh.

It gets 'better', because of course it does ... The son he calls "estranged after some poor decisions" ? Aparently not code for "gay" but imprisoned for rape, sodomy and false imprisonment.
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2021, 07:08 PM   #3178
cuervo72
Head Coach

Family values.
Old 05-21-2021, 07:32 PM   #3179
RainMaker
General Manager

Might get him to support "Fight for 15" if we tell him it's an age of consent thing.
Old 05-22-2021, 04:00 PM   #3180
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

I thought that the 2020 election would be a clear repudiation of Trump with everything going on. When that didn't happen, that was almost worse than 2016 because it wasn't just a one time charlatan but an ethos we're now stuck with until something breaks. Trump's death will weaken the movement but they've now seen the blueprint.

Look at what's going on around the average state house now. It's always been a little meth lab of democracy where it's a lot cheaper to cook up bad stuff to try and get past the judiciary. But, now, for instance, here in Texas, they've seen there's no reason to go with "merely bad with a pretense of less bad" - just serve up the "batshit crazy" as there's no electoral consequence and even some benefits in your primary.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2021, 10:47 AM   #3181
RainMaker
General Manager

With the Senate, electoral college, and gerrymandering the House, this country wasn't too big on democracy in the first place.
Old 05-24-2021, 02:12 PM   #3182
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Yes, it's pretty much all over for the US. We only have two political parties - still, somehow, even after Trump, the election lies, and January 6th - and one of them, currently the only sane one, isn't going to win every important election until the other one gets its crap together again. So when the GOP does win eventually - whether in 2 or 4 or 8 years - we're screwed.

The GOP is like an evil AI right now, learning from what went wrong in its failed attempt to force itself into power, taking the necessary steps to ensure laws and people are in the proper places to seemingly overturn any "wrong" decisions made by the voters next time. They aren't just changing voting laws, they are looking to take over SOS and other election official positions in key states to stop the Raffensperger's of the world from refusing to put party over country/truth.

Meanwhile, the Dems do nothing. I voted Dem for President for the first time in my life to buy us, like, 2-4 years, tops, it looks like. It's like the Democratic Party goes fishing every morning and just throws the boat out on the lake today like any other day, completely ignoring the storm they can clearly see in the distance. "Eh, we'll be OK, we're in the Unsinkable Democracy! It'll all work out fine!"
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2021, 02:23 PM   #3183
bronconick
College Starter

January 6, 2025 will be the official end of the American Republic.
bronconick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2021, 02:25 PM   #3184
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Which party is the sane one?
Old 05-24-2021, 02:32 PM   #3185
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

It's admittedly a low barrier these days, but the one with which I can disagree on policy without concern for ending the basic principles of democracy.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2021, 03:35 PM   #3186
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Florida, in a First, Will Fine Social Media Companies That Bar Candidates

So if I run for office in Florida does that mean I can't be banned on FOFC w/o the site being fined?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Article
A late amendment to the bill exempts companies from the law if they own a theme park or an entertainment venue larger than 25 acres. That means the law is unlikely to apply to websites owned by Disney, which operates the Walt Disney World Resort, and Comcast, which owns Universal Studios Florida.

Unless of course FOFC runs a theme park I don't know about, because that is totally relevant to the subject matter.

And also is there no concern that the internets will be overran by Florida candidates?
Old 05-24-2021, 03:51 PM   #3187
RainMaker
General Manager

It's unconstitutional, especially with the exemption for companies who donate to them.

Those small government conservatives at it again!
Old 05-24-2021, 04:03 PM   #3188
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Captain obvious checking in, but it really just further illustrates how they have zero interest in anything other than being beholden to Trump. It is truly mind blowing.

I do think DeSantis is setting up a run for the white House if Trump somehow ends up in prison.
Old 05-24-2021, 04:30 PM   #3189
BYU 14
Coordinator

We are on our way to state run media, what in the holy hell is happening to this country, to where government now dictates what can and cannot be carried by "free" media entities.

I can't see this surviving the litany of lawsuits sure to follow, but it is scary they even attempt it.

We have been talking about retiring early to Mexico or Portugal in 2025 and it used to be just due to the cost of living and quality of life. I think that might be reason 3 or 4 when the time comes.
Old 05-24-2021, 04:33 PM   #3190
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Portugal is amazing.

I think the right knows a lot of these "bills" they pass will be challenged and lose, I think they do it to make it look like they are fighting the man. gotta keep the base engaged.
Old 05-24-2021, 04:46 PM   #3191
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
Portugal is amazing.

I think the right knows a lot of these "bills" they pass will be challenged and lose, I think they do it to make it look like they are fighting the man. gotta keep the base in a position of ignorance so we can continue to line our pockets at their expense.

Fixed it for you
Old 05-24-2021, 04:59 PM   #3192
BYU 14
Coordinator

And the inescapable irony in this is that DeSantis had no issues signing that anti-riot which can effectively be used to quash free speech based on the actions of 1 person in a group of 250 that subjects the other 249 to arrest.

Yet he attacks free speech "suppression" by private companies that have every right to ban users for hate speech and blatant disinformation, claiming the same protections he himself wants to destroy.

This guy has no shame whatsoever.
Old 05-24-2021, 05:07 PM   #3193
RainMaker
General Manager

DeSantis went to Harvard Law School. He knows it is woefully unconstitutional and will likely end up losing 8-1 in the Supreme Court (likely this just gets shut down in a lower court and they don't fight it).

It's just a little show for the audience of one and maybe a bone to throw at the people who are really mad they can't use the n-word at people on Twitter.
Old 05-24-2021, 05:59 PM   #3194
cuervo72
Head Coach

Quote:
This guy has no shame whatsoever.

Well, Trump proved that you were basically untouchable if you didn't have any so, yeah.
Old 05-24-2021, 06:15 PM   #3195
GrantDawg

Texas passed a law today that you don't need ID, background check or a permit to carry a gun.

Old 05-24-2021, 07:13 PM   #3196
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronconick View Post
January 6, 2025 will be the official end of the American Republic.

Why Jan 6th vs the 20th?

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2021, 07:31 PM   #3197
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Texas passed a law today that you don't need ID, background check or a permit to carry a gun.

Cause everything was better in the old west. Of course the picture on the article I saw had a shot of an old school holster and a forearm with 'we the People' tattooed on it in full gunfighter stance. Would you expect less?
Old 05-24-2021, 07:50 PM   #3198
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

You couldn't write satire better than the actual republican party right now.
Old 05-24-2021, 09:32 PM   #3199
bronconick
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post
Why Jan 6th vs the 20th?

SI

Because until House Republicans self select the 2024 President regardless of the actual vote, people will pretend everything's okay. The remaining two weeks is just a mourning period
bronconick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2021, 10:20 PM   #3200
cuervo72
Head Coach

The main hope might be that folks get impatient and they eat themselves by then.

Nevada County GOP Cancels Meeting Amid Fear of Proud Boy Insurgency

Last edited by cuervo72 : 05-24-2021 at 10:21 PM.
cuervo72 is offline   Reply With Quote