Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-22-2017, 09:34 PM   #151
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbergey22 View Post
Once upon a time the Pats defense looked like one of worst in NFL history. And now.... they are shutting out the Falcons late in the 3rd.
Jonathon Bademosi is just that much better than Stephon Gilmore.
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 09:40 PM   #152
CrescentMoonie
College Starter

I would like to thank the weather for doing it's best to keep us from being able to see the game.
CrescentMoonie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 09:48 PM   #153
bhlloy
Coordinator

That is just piss poor execution from Matt Ryan there. And then a very strange fourth down call.
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 09:57 PM   #154
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

You might have thought the Falcons would have played a little more determined tonight considering their SB collapse and being on a 2 game losing streak. They might be a sinking ship.
jbergey22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 10:07 PM   #155
bhlloy
Coordinator

In a complete shock to nobody turns out Sark is nowhere near as good as Shanahan. The game plan and some of the play calls in critical situations today have just been flat out awful.
Old 10-22-2017, 10:15 PM   #156
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrescentMoonie View Post
I would like to thank the weather for doing it's best to keep us from being able to see the game.
Long distance shots make it look worse than it is. It's just been a very boring game, even as a Pats fan (though I will 100% take boring at this point!)

I will also argue until I die that the Falcons should go for two in that situation (score to go down 23-6 with 5 minutes left).
Old 10-22-2017, 10:22 PM   #157
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BishopMVP View Post

I will also argue until I die that the Falcons should go for two in that situation (score to go down 23-6 with 5 minutes left).

You think they should go for two?

If so I agree. I hate the old wisdom of stay alive as long as possible. Find out before it is too late whether you need 3 or 4 scores. The odds of getting both two point conversions when you need them are a just as low as it is to try and get that extra possession if you need it late.

Not to mention it is going to be easier to convert a 2 point conversion when it is making it a 15 and 7 point game vs trying to tie it up with a two point conversion.

Last edited by jbergey22 : 10-22-2017 at 10:30 PM.
jbergey22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 01:49 AM   #158
stevew
Hall Of Famer

That Le'Veon Bell stiff arm to Dre Kirkpatrick doe..
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 02:00 AM   #159
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arles View Post
So if someone calls a fair catch, bobbles and the ball pops out - you can’t touch him and have to give him a chance to get the bobble? That’s a weird rule.

Yeah it's a horrible rule. Every time it's called(maybe every 3 years?) I can't believe it counts. I get not wanting the defenseless return guy to be destroyed but there should be some sort of penalty on the returning team for not properly completing a fair catch

Last edited by stevew : 10-23-2017 at 02:13 AM.
Old 10-23-2017, 09:00 AM   #160
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Did anyone se this play yesterday. I wasn't paying close attention, it was on redzone and they flipped to a different game so I never heard any of the follow up or explanation.

There was a quarterback who was sacked on what was one of the hardest hits that I have seen on a sack that wasn't a blind side hit. This was right up the middle. No one could have blocked this defender as he was at full speed on the hit. From what I saw it was a clean shoulder to chest hit. A flag came out and a roughing penalty was given. I have no clue why there was a penalty.

Problem is, I don't remember what game it was. Did anyone see this, or was I dreaming?
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 09:46 AM   #161
Kodos
Resident Alien

It wasn't a dream. YOU were the quarterback who was hit. That's why you are foggy on the details.
Old 10-23-2017, 09:47 AM   #162
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
Did anyone se this play yesterday. I wasn't paying close attention, it was on redzone and they flipped to a different game so I never heard any of the follow up or explanation.

There was a quarterback who was sacked on what was one of the hardest hits that I have seen on a sack that wasn't a blind side hit. This was right up the middle. No one could have blocked this defender as he was at full speed on the hit. From what I saw it was a clean shoulder to chest hit. A flag came out and a roughing penalty was given. I have no clue why there was a penalty.

Problem is, I don't remember what game it was. Did anyone see this, or was I dreaming?

All the penalties called yesterday. I think you may be thinking of Jets-Dolphins. I saw Lee go in untouched up the middle and I'm pretty sure the RB just didn't give it a thought to try and get in the way. But I could be confusing some things. And while I remember the play, I don't remember seeing a flag but I could have flipped channels. That's probably your best starting point.

Link FYI

Season 2017 Week 7 Penalties - View by Complete Penalty Log - NFL Penalty Stats Tracker - List/Statistics/Data of NFL Penalties - 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017

Last edited by Logan : 10-23-2017 at 09:48 AM.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 10:13 AM   #163
Butter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
It wasn't a dream. YOU were the quarterback who was hit. That's why you are foggy on the details.

Got hit so hard it made him switch bodies.
Old 10-23-2017, 07:07 PM   #164
sabotai
General Manager

Think EF is talking about Broncos-Chargers.

Broncos vs. Chargers: Melvin Ingram got flagged for a legal hit on Trevor Siemian - SBNation.com

There's a GIF there and it looks like how EF described it.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 07:11 PM   #165
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

That's the one. In what universe is that a penalty?

Thanks sab, I wasn't dreaming.
Old 10-23-2017, 07:46 PM   #166
CrescentMoonie
College Starter

You get a penalty, and you get a penalty, and you get a penalty, and you get a penalty.

Eagles fans were right to boo that offensive PI call, but the other 3 were spot on. I still think you beat us, but not if you get 4 penalties on every drive.
Old 10-23-2017, 07:49 PM   #168
bhlloy
Coordinator

Quote:
You get a penalty, and you get a penalty, and you get a penalty, and you get a penalty.

Eagles fans were right to boo that offensive PI call, but the other 3 were spot on. I still think you beat us, but not if you get 4 penalties on every drive.

That’s the second completely obvious offensive PI call this weekend where the receiver has been held throughout the route, has tried to get rid of the defender and been called for it. Not that I want to see more defensive holding calls but you can at least be a little aware of the situation and let those calls go IMO.
Old 10-23-2017, 07:53 PM   #169
CrescentMoonie
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
That’s the second completely obvious offensive PI call this weekend where the receiver has been held throughout the route, has tried to get rid of the defender and been called for it. Not that I want to see more defensive holding calls but you can at least be a little aware of the situation and let those calls go IMO.

Absolutely. I'll take the call since it went in my team's favor, but that's not OPI at all.
Old 10-23-2017, 08:10 PM   #170
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

This game is never going to have any rhythm to it with the ref vying for face time.
Old 10-23-2017, 08:21 PM   #171
bhlloy
Coordinator

Quote:
This game is never going to have any rhythm to it with the ref vying for face time.

Feel the same about most of the season to be perfectly honest. The number of flags that are either ticky tack or don’t affect the play at all is just ridiculous.
Old 10-23-2017, 08:48 PM   #172
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Agreed. It is terrible.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 09:24 PM   #173
CrescentMoonie
College Starter

Since when does Agholor catch everything?
Old 10-23-2017, 09:52 PM   #174
bhlloy
Coordinator

ESPN doing it's best to set a record for most expletives during prime time tonight.

Although I did have to chuckle at the first one earlier - zoom in on a Philly fan after the fourth straight flag on his team during the first drive of the game with the sound on probably not the best decision of that cameraman's career.
Old 10-23-2017, 10:15 PM   #175
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Since when does Agholor catch everything?

He has been a different player this year. Got his confidence back it seems.
Old 10-23-2017, 10:30 PM   #176
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
He has been a different player this year. Got his confidence back it seems.

Love watching him thrive in Philly
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 10:13 AM   #177
PilotMan
Head Coach

N.D.S.U. REPRESENT!

He's killing it this year.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 10:27 AM   #178
CrescentMoonie
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
N.D.S.U. REPRESENT!

He's killing it this year.

The best description I can give is the passing/pocket presence of Big Ben with running that is close to Cam. It's absurd.
Old 10-25-2017, 11:30 AM   #179
stevew
Hall Of Famer

It seems far too obvious that the Steelers will eventually dump Martavis and somehow he'll end up signing in NE or Hou and will knock the Steelers out of the playoffs. On one hand I think he's being a bit ungrateful after missing 2016 cause of weed. But on the other, he's far too talented to only get 3-4 targets a game. We draft WR well, so hopefully they can find a trade to an NFC team.
Old 10-25-2017, 12:15 PM   #180
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
It seems far too obvious that the Steelers will eventually dump Martavis and somehow he'll end up signing in NE or Hou and will knock the Steelers out of the playoffs. On one hand I think he's being a bit ungrateful after missing 2016 cause of weed. But on the other, he's far too talented to only get 3-4 targets a game. We draft WR well, so hopefully they can find a trade to an NFC team.
I don't see the fit. We do like picking up reclamation projects & malcontents, but dumb WR's don't work out in New England.
Old 10-25-2017, 12:31 PM   #181
JPhillips
General Manager

Paging Mr. Gronkowski...
Old 10-25-2017, 12:35 PM   #182
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

Gronkowski is probably one of those guys where one of the few things in his life that he totally "gets" is football.

FUCK EA
Julio Riddols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 12:42 PM   #183
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BishopMVP View Post
I don't see the fit. We do like picking up reclamation projects & malcontents, but dumb WR's don't work out in New England.

He obviously doesn't seem to be very bright but he does run a very fucking good fly pattern.
Old 10-26-2017, 06:23 PM   #184
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I know it's hacky but I was reading about a Tom Brady edition car and my first thought was that you'd better check the tire pressure.
Old 10-26-2017, 08:42 PM   #185
bhlloy
Coordinator

How in the hell does that not get you ejected from a game in 2017?
Old 10-26-2017, 08:44 PM   #186
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
How in the hell does that not get you ejected from a game in 2017?

Good question. He even changed his level to make the hit as he lowered his shoulder after Flacco gave himself up.
Old 10-26-2017, 08:48 PM   #188
CrescentMoonie
College Starter

That was an easy and obvious ejection and somehow the "talented" NFL officials missed it.
Old 10-26-2017, 08:49 PM   #189
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Have a feeling Moore is going to pay the price for Alonzo.
Old 10-26-2017, 08:55 PM   #190
CrescentMoonie
College Starter

Bet all the dollars you own on Dallas against the Redskins on Sunday. The Skins OL is so banged up they didn't have enough healthy bodies to practice yesterday. Today they signed somebody named Tony Bergstrom and there's a decent chance he'll start on Sunday. Shaun Lauvao was the only starter who could practice today. Spencer Long is almost definitely out. Williams would be out if Ty Nsekhe was healthy but he's hurt as well. Brandon Scherff is trying a knee brace to see if he can move well enough to play.

There's a legit chance that the starting OL on Sunday is TJ Clemmings at LT (claimed off waivers from Minnesota in September), Shaun Lauvao at LG, Chase Roullier at C (rookie 5th round pick), Tony Bergstrom at RG (signed today), Ty Catalina at RT (undrafted rookie). The problem there is Catalina has a concussion.
Old 10-26-2017, 09:50 PM   #191
Suicane75
Coordinator

Jay Ajaii starts doing a celebration after a first down and then realizes what the score is.
Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 09:59 PM   #192
Suicane75
Coordinator

Caveat: This is the gambler in me talking and I realize how annoying it can be to people who don't give a shit, but why the hell would you go for 2 up 26-0?
Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 10:23 PM   #193
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

It was always the Ravens who were the thugs, but I guess Suh will have that influence on the Dolphins.
Old 10-26-2017, 10:30 PM   #194
bhlloy
Coordinator

Just an awfully refereed game. If there is any justice Alonso, Suh and the ref will all enjoy multiple weeks off after this.
Old 10-26-2017, 10:34 PM   #195
bhlloy
Coordinator

DOLA - pretty sure you would probably get even money on the Dolphins not winning another game at this point
Old 10-26-2017, 10:53 PM   #196
CrescentMoonie
College Starter

Matt Moore channeled John Beck tonight.
Old 10-27-2017, 11:48 AM   #197
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
It was always the Ravens who were the thugs, but I guess Suh will have that influence on the Dolphins.

It is getting to the point with Suh that that he almost needs to sit a year. He has been a dirty MF since he joined the league, no fucking self control whatsoever.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 01:27 PM   #198
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Suh is a crazy person. It's not just his dirty antics on the field, but the way he responds to them off it. His explanations just don't make any sense ever.

As much as I enjoyed having him on the Lions for those years, I really don't miss him at all.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 03:24 AM   #199
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I get being pissed at McNair but I dunno if it's this big of a deal.
Old 10-29-2017, 05:17 AM   #200
CrescentMoonie
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
I get being pissed at McNair but I dunno if it's this big of a deal.

Calling people inmates when they're protesting inequality in the justice system is that big of a deal.