Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-08-2024, 08:10 PM   #9351
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
Every single one of us would be spending a decade behind bars if we were that careless with classified materials.

Also being a war criminal is a criminal too.

lol No.

Biden, Pence, and others have the same issue, they had documents they shouldn't have. But when asked to return them they did. None of them went to jail.
Old 02-08-2024, 08:18 PM   #9352
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Well, any one of us would be in jail because the only way we could have the documents would be considered espionage. We didn't have a security officer hand them to us as a part of our job. That is not the case for Biden or Pence.

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk

Last edited by GrantDawg : 02-08-2024 at 08:18 PM.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2024, 09:36 PM   #9353
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by miked View Post
Not to his base. The thing is, his base loves it and gets off on it, Biden's base actually cares about governance and would seemingly let Trump win because Biden is not perfectly what they want.

Democrats, notoriously known for caring about governance.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2024, 09:47 PM   #9354
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
Biden, Pence, and others have the same issue, they had documents they shouldn't have.

Definition of a crime. This country only prosecutes lower level employees for this crime though. Not the rich and powerful.
Old 02-08-2024, 09:50 PM   #9355
RainMaker
General Manager

And regardless if you think the laws should apply to powerful people or not, the bigger issue is the guy doesn't have the mental capacity for the job. We're going on a daily basis of him forgetting things, mumbling, or just mixing things up. Not the guy you want in charge as he continues to enter us into more wars (proxy or not).
Old 02-09-2024, 06:33 AM   #9356
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Horseshit. Watch his presser from yesterday and it's clear he's very informed and mentally alert.

I wish the Dem nominee was younger, but the choice is Biden or Trump and there's no measure where Trump isn't worse.
Old 02-09-2024, 06:37 AM   #9357
Edward64
Head Coach

I do forget names and words sometimes. Yeah, that's normal part of aging and that's life.

But when that happens, I recognize that I'm struggling to recall and accommodate in some other way (e.g. instead of using the word, use a phrase/description).

Joe doesn't seem to realize he's struggling and just goes on.

Access to this page has been denied
Quote:
President Biden on Thursday confused the leaders of Mexico and Egypt during a press conference in which he forcefully rebutted a special counsel report that offered a harsh assessment of his memory and recall abilities.
Yup, I believe below is the truth.

Quote:
Biden delivered remarks from the White House in which he sharply pushed back against conclusions from special counsel Robert Hur that the president presented during an interview with investigators as “a sympathetic, well-meaning, elderly man with a poor memory.”
What he's done as President means nothing re: accusation of his memory. He has a bunch of people to help and guide him.

Quote:
“My memory’s fine. Take a look at what I’ve done since I became president… how did that happen? I guess I just forgot what was going on,” Biden said, striking a sarcastic tone.

Personally, if it's between Joe & Trump, I'd still take Joe because I trust his "support group" more than Trump and his. But yeah, if Trump wasn't in the picture, I'd lean towards someone else.

He needs to present & perform well in the debates (if they happen).
Edward64 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2024, 06:40 AM   #9358
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Couple thoughts:

1. Dems wanting to replace Biden with a "more popular" candidate are ignoring the fact that once someone becomes the nominee, they get attacked and lose popularity. Ride or die with Biden.

2. This is a bad report that attacks his biggest weakness. No way around that. He's lucky it came out in February and not October.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2024, 06:41 AM   #9359
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Horseshit. Watch his presser from yesterday and it's clear he's very informed and mentally alert.

I wish the Dem nominee was younger, but the choice is Biden or Trump and there's no measure where Trump isn't worse.

I'll vote Biden over Trump every time, but he is not mentally alert and he is getting worse.

He forgot the name of the church his sons funeral was at then confused Mexico and Egypt. Every time he speaks he has these gaffes. They aren't taking the free publicity of doing a super bowl interview. There is no way 5 years from now he is even remotely fit to still be serving.

His arrogance and refusal to step aside is going to get Trump reelected.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2024, 07:21 AM   #9360
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

On predict it Trump is at .47 and Biden .40. Biden is down .03. Newsome is up to .10
Old 02-09-2024, 07:36 AM   #9361
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
I've mentioned earlier that as Project Manager implementing systems, it's normal to create a "risk log" where it describes the risk, then probability of risk (VH-H-M-L), then severity/impact of risk (VH-H-M-L). I'd then review with client (public) and create a mitigation or contingency strategy for the more significant risks.

Generalizing ...

8) Extensive claims of fraud; Very-High Probability; Very-High Impact

Bottom-line to me. It can't be ignored, something needs to be done. It's like you see a train headed towards you, you need to take some action.

I'm glad to read they've started thinking about the "risk log" and all the possible bad things that could happen. Need to come up with contingency/mitigation plans.

Biden officials confront limits of federal response in exercise preparing for 2024 election threats | CNN Politics
Quote:
When senior national security officials gathered in the White House Situation Room in December to prepare for the 2024 election, they faced a pair of stark, simulated scenarios that tested the limits of any federal response to election-related chaos, four people familiar with the meeting told CNN.

What if Chinese operatives created a fake AI-generated video showing a Senate candidate destroying ballots? And how should federal agencies respond if violence erupts at polling stations on Election Day?

For nearly an hour, the No. 2 officials at the FBI, CIA and departments of Homeland Security and Justice wrestled with how to respond to the deepfake video, including whether and how to notify the public about the activity if they weren’t sure that China was behind it, the sources told CNN.

Whatever they come up with, it needs to become public. There needs to be transparency so we all understand the "process" of how stuff will be identified and handled.
Old 02-09-2024, 07:52 AM   #9362
cuervo72
Head Coach

I swear, am I the only one who ever has words escape him? I was at the doctor's Wednesday and I totally forgot the word "hernia." Just couldn't find it, and once you know you can't find a word it just makes it worse ("shit, I can't find the word, I gotta find the word or I'm going to look like an idiot -- crap, now I'm worried about it AND IT ISN'T HELPING")
Old 02-09-2024, 07:56 AM   #9363
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
On predict it Trump is at .47 and Biden .40. Biden is down .03. Newsome is up to .10

Newsome's got a friendly donor throwing money at this for publicity. There's no way a white guy liberal from California somehow sneaks into the nomination without winning any primaries.

There's a very narrow path for someone other than Biden or Harris, but it doesn't include Newsome.
Old 02-09-2024, 08:37 AM   #9364
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuervo72 View Post
I swear, am I the only one who ever has words escape him? I was at the doctor's Wednesday and I totally forgot the word "hernia." Just couldn't find it, and once you know you can't find a word it just makes it worse ("shit, I can't find the word, I gotta find the word or I'm going to look like an idiot -- crap, now I'm worried about it AND IT ISN'T HELPING")

Of course not but you also don't have the nuclear codes.

His cognitive decline isn't nearly as bad as the right wing media makes it out to be, but it is undeniable there is decline and that isn't something that's going to improve.
Old 02-09-2024, 09:52 AM   #9365
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:

Happens to me a lot too.
Old 02-09-2024, 10:48 AM   #9366
GrantDawg

I can't remember names at all. To a point I fear I might be showing signs of early onset dementia.

Old 02-09-2024, 10:50 AM   #9367
Edward64
Head Coach

I really hope they do some ancestry stuff, there's got to be a common ancestor.

US Senator Chris Coons finds doppelganger in German Chancellor Olaf Scholz
Quote:
What do a US Senator from Delaware and the Chancellor of Germany have in common? It turns out, quite a lot.

Chris Coons and Olaf Scholz met in Washington DC on Thursday. Afterward, they took a selfie together and posted it online teasing the same question.
"Wer ist wer?", Sen Coons joked - German for "who is who".

Between their nearly identical greying hair, middle-aged baldness and infectious smiles, at first glance it was hard to tell.

Old 02-09-2024, 11:20 AM   #9368
cuervo72
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
Happens to me a lot too.

I mean, it happens at the weirdest times on the most basic of things. Like..."what't that bird, you know the one that's blue and green, has the feathers with the eye things..." "Oh, you mean a peacock?" That one has escaped me MORE THAN ONCE.

Or, watching Jeopardy!. Really famous actor/actress? Know exactly who is being talked about...vape on the name. Obscure fact about the 17th century? INSTAGET. So it's not nearly everything, or even most things. Just every now and then, "yeah, sorry we have a bad pointer to this byte/sector, give us a minute, we'll get there...eventually."
Old 02-09-2024, 02:23 PM   #9369
Kodos
Resident Alien

Yeah, I'm bad with names. And sometimes on Jeopardy they'll show someone famous who I know well and it's just "oh, for god's sake, I know this!"
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2024, 03:20 PM   #9370
cuervo72
Head Coach

Also re: nuclear codes -- I mean it's not like you have to memorize the codes, right?
Old 02-09-2024, 03:38 PM   #9371
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Also re: nuclear codes -- I mean it's not like you have to memorize the codes, right?

True but what if he means to say nuke Russia and instead says nuke Romania!
Old 02-09-2024, 04:15 PM   #9372
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

I think you're joking, but they have a lot of safeguards in place for that. Nobody gets nuked without being absolutely sure it's what you want to do.
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2024, 04:52 PM   #9373
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Swartz View Post
I think you're joking, but they have a lot of safeguards in place for that. Nobody gets nuked without being absolutely sure it's what you want to do.

Old 02-09-2024, 05:02 PM   #9374
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Swartz View Post

I suddenly have the urge to watch Dr. Strangelove
Old 02-09-2024, 05:57 PM   #9375
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:

He had an impromptu press conference to tell us his memory was good and proceeded to mix up Egypt and Mexico. This after a week of mixing up leaders in major European countries.

Like I get if you'd prefer him over Trump at all costs. But you've got to face reality that his mind is shot and there is no way he's finishing out that second term.
Old 02-09-2024, 07:35 PM   #9376
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
But you've got to face reality that his mind is shot and there is no way he's finishing out that second term.

I don't believe for a second he was ever intended to finish out the first term, much less a second one.

Then they realized Plan B was even more out of it .. why they haven't found a different VP candidate for this round (which, hey, it ain't too late I guess) is a mystery
Old 02-09-2024, 08:52 PM   #9377
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
He had an impromptu press conference to tell us his memory was good and proceeded to mix up Egypt and Mexico. This after a week of mixing up leaders in major European countries.

Like I get if you'd prefer him over Trump at all costs. But you've got to face reality that his mind is shot and there is no way he's finishing out that second term.

He didn't mix up two countries he said the word name. You can't watch his presser and think his mind is shot.

As for dumping Harris, how exactly do you do that and retain the black vote?
Old 02-09-2024, 08:52 PM   #9378
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
I don't believe for a second he was ever intended to finish out the first term, much less a second one.

Then they realized Plan B was even more out of it .. why they haven't found a different VP candidate for this round (which, hey, it ain't too late I guess) is a mystery

because if you kick a black woman off the ticket you lose a shit ton of votes
Old 02-09-2024, 08:54 PM   #9379
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
because if you kick a black woman off the ticket you lose a shit ton of votes

Not if you replace her with another (or some other double minority, whatever they have on the bench)
Old 02-09-2024, 09:13 PM   #9380
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

You have very little understanding of Dem coalitions if you think you can just replace one woman of color with another and have the voters all step into line.

And that's even before the woman replaced starts talking about what really happened behind closed doors.
Old 02-09-2024, 09:23 PM   #9381
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
You have very little understanding of Dem coalitions if you think you can just replace one woman of color with another and have the voters all step into line.

And that's even before the woman replaced starts talking about what really happened behind closed doors.

No one gives a shit about Kamala Harris.
Old 02-09-2024, 09:32 PM   #9382
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post

He insinuated during the last campaign that he'd only serve one term and be a "bridge" President.

Democrats have had 4 years to prop up other candidates and didn't. Part of me wonders if they'd be happier losing and in the minority. A lot less pressure and fundraising off Trump is probably easier. Or they could just be incredibly dumb and bad at politics which is sort of their thing.
Old 02-09-2024, 09:37 PM   #9383
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
He didn't mix up two countries he said the word name. You can't watch his presser and think his mind is shot.

As for dumping Harris, how exactly do you do that and retain the black vote?

Yes I can. I can also watch the other pressers where he's mumbling and stumbling all over himself. Or the reports of him mixing up the names of leaders. Or the report that said he doesn't remember when he was Vice President or when his son died.

I think some of the dementia stuff early in his term was overblown, but he's shown some considerable cognitive declines of late. Just watch videos of him from 4-5 years ago and compare it to today. It's staggering. And imagine another 4 years of cognitive decline.

And I don't know how you dump Kamala Harris. Probably shouldn't have put an incredibly unpopular person with negative charisma as your running mate the first time around. The chickens are coming home to roost. They're likely fucked this election. I guess they can just blame Russia again or something.

Last edited by RainMaker : 02-09-2024 at 09:39 PM.
Old 02-10-2024, 06:17 AM   #9384
Edward64
Head Coach

The "test".

Joe should take it in secret. If good, publicize it. If bad, keep on denying it. My guess is he may pass but it won't be "good".

Would YOU pass the gold-standard dementia tests that experts want Biden to take? Try it and tell us how you get on... | Daily Mail Online

Quote:
1. ALTERNATING TRAIL MAKING

TEST: The patient is told to pair up five numbers and letters (1-5, A-E) in ascending order (pairing 1 with A, 2 with B, etc) while drawing connect-the-dots lines.

2. VISUOCONSTRUCTIONAL SKILLS (CUBE)

TEST: Draw your own version of the cube in the space next to it.

It must be exactly the same as the one printed on the page.

3. VISUOCONSTRUCTIONAL SKILLS (CLOCK)

TEST: Draw a clock, putting in all the numbers and set the time to 10 minutes past 11 o'clock.

4. NAMING

TEST: Name each animal.

5. MEMORY

TEST:

The doctor tells the patient that they are going to read a list of words that the patient must remember. At the end the patient has to tell them as many as they remember; it doesn't matter what order.

The doctor then reads five words, one per second:

FACE, VELVET, CHURCH, DAISY, RED

6. ATTENTION

TEST (NUMBERS):

Recall numbers: The doctor reads a list of five numbers at a rate of one number per second; the patient recalls them exactly as they were said:

2 1 8 5 4

Recall numbers backwards: The doctor reads three numbers at a rate of one number per second; the patient recalls them backwards:

7 4 2

TEST (LETTERS): The doctor reads a list of letters at a rate of one per second. Every time they say the letter 'A', the patient has to tap their hand:

F B A C M N A A J K L B A F A K D E A A A J A M O F A A B

TEST (MATH): The patient starts at 100, then must count down by subtracting seven every time, until the examiner tells them to stop:

7. SENTENCE REPETITION

TEST:

Step one: The examiner reads this sentence, and the patient has to repeat it exactly: 'I only know that John is the one to help today'.

Step two: The examiner then reads another sentence, with the same instruction: 'The cat always hid under the couch when dogs were in the room'.

8. VERBAL FLUENCY

TEST: The doctor reads out a letter (F), and the patient has to think of words that starts with that letter. The aim is to reach 11 words or more in 60 seconds.

The words cannot be proper nouns, like Bob or Boston
The words cannot be the same sounding word but with different suffixes (like love, lover, loving)

9. ABSTRACTION

TEST: The patient has to describe what the relationship is between certain words (i.e. an orange and a banana; a train and a bicycle; a ruler and a watch).

There is one practice trial (ORANGE AND BANANA) before two scored pairs (TRAIN AND BICYCLE; WATCH AND RULER).

10. DELAYED RECALL

TEST: The patient has to recall all the words they heard earlier (FACE, VELVET, CHURCH, DAISY, RED).

11. ORIENTATION

TEST: Say the exact date, and the name of the place they are in, including the city.

Last edited by Edward64 : 02-10-2024 at 06:17 AM.
Old 02-10-2024, 12:24 PM   #9385
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Quote:

World Leader Or My Friends Dad 🤔 - Hasan Minhaj #shorts - YouTube

Quote:

Again, you insinuate that there's another option. There's not. The choice is Trump or Biden.
flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2024, 03:13 PM   #9386
RainMaker
General Manager

They had 4 years to find someone else and didn't. So now you're stuck pretending this is normal behavior as everyone with functioning eyes and ears roll their eyes.

I don't even blame Biden. The 80s are not kind to most people. But this was expected.
Old 02-10-2024, 03:13 PM   #9387
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

I'll vote for Biden dead corpse over any Republican. He'll do a better job regardless if he's breathing or not.
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2024, 04:28 PM   #9388
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Quote:
They had 4 years to find someone else and didn't.

Name me the last time a party did this. You're asking dozens of Democratic politicians to not only subvert their own ambitions, but do so in the pursuit of undermining their newly-elected POTUS. You're not being realistic, as usual.

Quote:
So now you're stuck pretending this is normal behavior as everyone with functioning eyes and ears roll their eyes.

There's literally more precedent for a party allowing a POTUS in skeptical health to run for his second term (Reagan & FDR, at least) than there is for what you're suggesting.

Again, you insinuate there was another option. There was not.

At least be honest, RM, you want the Democrats to get annhiliated at this election so you can say "I told you so" and tell us all how electing Bernie would have been better.
Old 02-10-2024, 04:41 PM   #9389
RainMaker
General Manager

I genuinely don't care who wins. Both options are pretty bad for the country.
Old 02-10-2024, 05:31 PM   #9390
GrantDawg

Bernie could never win a general election. Heck, he can't even get half of Democrats to vote for him. Talk about an unmitigated disaster of a candidate.

Old 02-10-2024, 05:54 PM   #9391
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Meanwhile Trump said that he's going to nationalize the guard and send red state guards into blue cities on day one to start deportations.

And if that's not enough, he said he wouldn't fight for NATO allies and would instead encourage Russia to do whatever the hell they wanted.

Last edited by JPhillips : 02-10-2024 at 06:13 PM.
JPhillips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2024, 05:55 PM   #9392
Edward64
Head Coach

Michelle will save the Dems!
Old 02-10-2024, 06:13 PM   #9393
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Anyone who seriously believes that is an idiot. Ill bet whatever you like that Michelle won't be the nominee.
Old 02-10-2024, 06:23 PM   #9394
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Meanwhile Trump said that he's going to nationalize the guard and send red state guards into blue cities on day one to start deportations.

And if that's not enough, he said he wouldn't fight for NATO allies and would instead encourage Russia to do whatever the hell they wanted.

Don't care about Russia or what they do. Has no impact in my life or yours. The current strategy of lighting money on fire in Ukraine hasn't done anything but put us deeper in debt.

Biden is also pushing an incredibly far right immigration bill that mirrors what Trump wants to do. Going to have to pick a different policy to differentiate the two.
Old 02-10-2024, 06:31 PM   #9395
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Just go full Trump, man. It's obvious this is where you're heading.
Old 02-10-2024, 06:49 PM   #9396
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Looks like Biden has had a helluva 10+ days since I've been out of the country. Yeesh.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2024, 07:17 PM   #9397
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Just go full Trump, man. It's obvious this is where you're heading.

Politics isn't binary and I can't help that I don't support the primary positions of both options. You don't have to "pick a team" and support them to the ends of the earth.

I guess if Trump wins, we'll be on the same side politically since it'll be someone with an R next to the name doing the stuff.
Old 02-10-2024, 07:31 PM   #9398
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

The choice of whether to have Biden be the nominee again if he wanted to be was made when he was nominated in 2020, practically speaking. You don't just decide to pick someone else when you have an incumbent president of your party. We might all wish politics worked differently in various ways, but you have to deal with and make decisions based off the way it actually functions.
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2024, 07:31 PM   #9399
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Quote:
I genuinely don't care who wins. Both options are pretty bad for the country.

That's a nice, comfy, naive, privileged place to be. Congrats.
Old 02-10-2024, 08:46 PM   #9400
bronconick
College Starter

Quote:
Anyone who seriously believes that is an idiot. Ill bet whatever you like that Michelle won't be the nominee.

Michelle tried to talk Barack out of running for President. Not a chance in hell she'll ever get into running for a political office.
bronconick is offline   Reply With Quote