Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-22-2017, 08:02 PM   #251
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuikSand View Post
Hmmm. Do you maybe make the Patriots slight favorites in the SB? Like maybe the line starts at about 1 point?

Possible, but I bet it ends at least +3 Pats. Money is going to flow toward Brady.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 08:04 PM   #252
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuikSand View Post
Hmmm. Do you maybe make the Patriots slight favorites in the SB? Like maybe the line starts at about 1 point?

Id be surprised to see the Pat favored by less than 3.

Id guess Pats -3.5 Total 51.5
jbergey22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 08:09 PM   #253
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
Thanks! So, looking like it'll be New England. Not a surprise. I give the Falcons a good shot, but it will not be easy. It is all just so crazy, thinking how most people didn't give the Falcons a chance to have a winning record going into this season. I thought they were at least a year away with all the rookies and second year guys that were starting on defense. I have a feeling this is going to be the longest two weeks of my life.

Yes, impressive season. Defense really came around this year. Falcons seem to be playing their best ball right now as well so they certainly have a decent shot.
jbergey22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 08:13 PM   #254
QuikSand
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
Possible, but I bet it ends at least +3 Pats. Money is going to flow toward Brady.

Yeah, I checked the future before these games -- NE 7-4 and ATL 13-4 -- and suspect that's more like it. Them being the late, prime time, game doesn't hurt either. Both teams looked really sharp today.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 08:23 PM   #255
bhlloy
Coordinator

Not sure I would still have Brady throwing the ball here. Want to let Garappolo air it out, go nuts. But that was a big hit he took.
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 08:29 PM   #256
Edward64
Head Coach

Rooting for the Falcons. I definitely respect NE and its fitting that you have to beat NE to win the SB.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 08:44 PM   #257
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

I just want to see Goodell hand Brady the trophy.

I'll take an ATL win though.

FUCK EA
Julio Riddols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 10:01 PM   #258
CrescentMoonie
College Starter

I never mind seeing the dirty Steelers defense getting lit up, but I did have prop bets on them vs either NFC team that would have paid out at +1600. Oh well, this is a SB I'm really intrigued by.
CrescentMoonie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 10:47 PM   #259
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
If this games gets out of hand in the second half this might be the worst year for playoff games ever.

Indeed. Usually there is one weekend where 3/4 of the games are competitive and the Championships games at minimum usually go 50/50 for close games.

This year has been blowout after blowout except for 2 games. Hopefully the SB can provide some 4th quarter drama.
Old 01-23-2017, 04:39 AM   #260
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbergey22 View Post
I cant say I understand this? What are you sick of? How good he is? Probably one of the most humble superstars in all of sports. He shreds the Vikings up whenever he plays them but I have great respect how he handles his business. As much as I dislike like the Packers(rivalry) it has nothing to do with Rodgers.
Aaron Eckhart: You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain. - YouTube

Americans hate sustained success.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah View Post
I don't see the Patriots or the Steelers beating this Falcon team. I'm happy for you Ben!
I'm scared of that offense for sure, but genuinely asking do people think Atlanta's defense is good? The last two weeks there was the huge hold on the punt return & the Ripkowski fumble (+ Crosby miss) that drastically swung each game in the Falcons favor before halftime. Then again, I also don't think this is a particularly good Patriots team post-Gronk injury and we haven't trailed since week 11. Should be a fun game - I'm sure we'll roll safety help on Julio all game & force Sanu/Gabriel etc to beat us. As beat up as Green Bay's defense is, I was shocked when they tried to put Ladarius Gunter 1v1 on Julio on Ryan's strong side just before halftime. That was as wise as Pittsburgh's plan to ignore Chris Hogan the whole 1st half.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio Riddols View Post
I just want to see Goodell hand Brady the trophy.

I'll take an ATL win though.
I don't even mind Atlanta. They're new & fresh & I don't think anyone on their team has a bad reputation. (Well, outside of the Arthur Blank is a vampire rumors, but he's not a player.) But oh my god I want that conniving little lap dog put on the spot.

Patricia.jpg

Last edited by BishopMVP : 01-23-2017 at 04:41 AM.
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 07:35 AM   #261
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

Holy shit I love that shirt.

FUCK EA
Julio Riddols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 08:13 AM   #262
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Saying what I said about Atlanta's offense.. you can never count out Brady and the Patriots, who always seem to have a plan for any team they play.

Should be a good game though..
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 08:13 AM   #263
booradley
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by frnk55 View Post
So happy for Atlanta. So sick of Aaron Rogers.

Um. Whut?
Old 01-23-2017, 08:19 AM   #264
Kodos
Resident Alien

Hopefully the Super Bowl isn't a repeat of the Rams bowl where the Patriots defense was allowed to mug the Rams receivers all game long without penalties.
Old 01-23-2017, 08:21 AM   #265
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

I would have guessed Pats -3.5
Line I just looked up said Pats -3

I think that line undersells Atlanta. It is based on an expectation of public money going to the Pats.

Last edited by albionmoonlight : 01-23-2017 at 09:34 AM. Reason: The original post was entirely wrong
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 08:24 AM   #266
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Greatest Show on Turf part two versus Greatest Coach and his system. Should be entertaining.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 09:18 AM   #267
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
I would have guessed Pats +3.5
Line I just looked up said Pats +3

I think that line undersells Atlanta. It is based on an expectation of public money going to the Pats.

Line is Pats -3 everywhere. Where are you getting +3?
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 09:34 AM   #268
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
Line is Pats -3 everywhere. Where are you getting +3?

My bad typing is where.

Replace + with - above.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 09:45 AM   #269
RainMaker
General Manager

No problem, you got me excited!
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 09:57 AM   #270
tarcone
Coordinator

Go Falcons!

The word is Fight! Fight! Fight! For Iowa

FOFC 30 Dollar Challenge Champion-OOTP '15
tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 11:18 AM   #271
hollmt
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbergey22 View Post
I cant say I understand this? What are you sick of? How good he is? Probably one of the most humble superstars in all of sports. He shreds the Vikings up whenever he plays them but I have great respect how he handles his business. As much as I dislike like the Packers(rivalry) it has nothing to do with Rodgers.

Me, personally, I dont like how the sports media circle jerks the guy and he can do no wrong, ever.
I am not so sure I agree with the how humble he is either but that is just a matter of opinion.
It would probably help if you know, he was the QB of a team I actually liked and rooted for, and led them to success every year .
I will not diminish his skill set though.
hollmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 11:19 AM   #272
murrayyyyy
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
I would have guessed Pats -3.5
Line I just looked up said Pats -3

The books have to factor in futures with these lines since they've been destroyed in the playoffs. William Hill had the Falcons 150-1 to win the Super Bowl at the start of the season and they currently have 184 tickets active at 100-1 or higher. The liability has to be bigger with the Falcons right now.
murrayyyyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 12:41 PM   #273
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollmt View Post
I am not so sure I agree with the how humble he is either but that is just a matter of opinion.

I'm not anti-Rodgers at all, but I do question this as well. How humble can a guy be if he is throwing out that championship-belt move every time he crosses the goal line?
"Breakfast? Breakfast schmekfast, look at the score for God's sake. It's only the second period and I'm winning 12-2. Breakfasts come and go, Rene, but Hartford, the Whale, they only beat Vancouver maybe once or twice in a lifetime."
Fidatelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 01:52 PM   #274
Kodos
Resident Alien

I could be wrong, but I don't think I saw him do that at all this year.
Old 01-23-2017, 02:26 PM   #275
hollmt
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
I could be wrong, but I don't think I saw him do that at all this year.

"Is that the best pass you've thrown all year?" some media circle jerker

"No, I've thrown better." A. Rodgers

I know..I am stretching

I still don't like him.
Old 01-23-2017, 02:57 PM   #276
Kodos
Resident Alien

Eh, irrationally disliking certain players is part of being a sports fan.
Old 01-23-2017, 03:02 PM   #277
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by murrayyyyy View Post
The books have to factor in futures with these lines since they've been destroyed in the playoffs. William Hill had the Falcons 150-1 to win the Super Bowl at the start of the season and they currently have 184 tickets active at 100-1 or higher. The liability has to be bigger with the Falcons right now.

Unless those 184 tickets were relatively small, like the ones mentioned in a similar article

There were more Super Bowl bets on the Cleveland Browns before the season than the Atlanta Falcons
Old 01-23-2017, 03:22 PM   #278
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
Greatest Show on Turf part two versus Greatest Coach and his system. Should be entertaining.

And the Super Bowl is at a turf field... which makes me happy. Should be fun. Scared of Belichek having 2 weeks to game plan against the Falcons, but then again, giving Shanahan 2 weeks to game plan may just balance it out.
Old 01-23-2017, 03:34 PM   #279
Arles
Grey Dog Software

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollmt View Post
Me, personally, I dont like how the sports media circle jerks the guy and he can do no wrong, ever.
You must have missed the first two months of the season. Everyone was piling on about how bad Aaron Rodgers was. Here's three stories I found on a quick search:

Packers QB Aaron Rodgers continues to struggle on field | SI.com

Aaron Rodgers’ Stats Since ‘DeflateGate’ Are Curiously Bad « CBS Boston

Something is wrong with Aaron Rodgers

The Ringer said he wasn't even a top 6 QB, Colin Cowherd said he was basically Matthew Stafford and compared him to Jay Cutler and ESPN spent weeks telling us how bad he was playing and how there was "no easy fix":
Experts weigh in on Aaron Rodgers: 'No easy fix' - Green Bay Packers Blog- ESPN

Rodgers (like every QB) gets the commentator circle jerk all QBs get from Gruden and company, but I can't think of any QB who is more criticized nationally when they aren't winning. This Green Bay team was a dumpster fire on defense all season. They had undrafted free agents playing key roles at CB, safety, LB and DL. Capers refused to mix up the defenses when it was clear they didn't have the personnel to play man-to-man. Yet, Rodgers pulled this team to the conference championships with no running game and no defense.

Last edited by Arles : 01-23-2017 at 03:37 PM.
Arles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 03:36 PM   #280
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

I am sick of Aaron Rodgers, too. But that's mainly because he beats the Lions so badly. Granted, everyone tends to beat the Lions pretty badly, but he just does it more often than most.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 03:57 PM   #281
hollmt
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arles View Post
You must have missed the first two months of the season. Everyone was piling on about how bad Aaron Rodgers was. Here's three stories I found on a quick search:

Packers QB Aaron Rodgers continues to struggle on field | SI.com

Aaron Rodgers’ Stats Since ‘DeflateGate’ Are Curiously Bad « CBS Boston

Something is wrong with Aaron Rodgers

The Ringer said he wasn't even a top 6 QB, Colin Cowherd said he was basically Matthew Stafford and compared him to Jay Cutler and ESPN spent weeks telling us how bad he was playing and how there was "no easy fix":
Experts weigh in on Aaron Rodgers: 'No easy fix' - Green Bay Packers Blog- ESPN

Rodgers (like every QB) gets the commentator circle jerk all QBs get from Gruden and company, but I can't think of any QB who is more criticized nationally when they aren't winning. This Green Bay team was a dumpster fire on defense all season. They had undrafted free agents playing key roles at CB, safety, LB and DL. Capers refused to mix up the defenses when it was clear they didn't have the personnel to play man-to-man. Yet, Rodgers pulled this team to the conference championships with no running game and no defense.

Although I probably didn't read those specific articles, I admit I did hear some of the criticism/stories of him while they were losing however, that was quickly gone when they started winning again and it was all because of him and only him and that....was...all...I...heard. I probably had tunnel hearing/vision on that though.

Is it irrational, like Kodos said? Yes, of course it is

Again, it has nothing at all do do with his skill set or the fact that he wins and plays for a successful franchise. It is a complete irrational dislike of the guy because he rubs me the wrong way.
Old 01-23-2017, 04:05 PM   #282
thesloppy
Pro Starter

I might feel a lot more irrational about thinking Aaron Rodgers is a smug douchebag if every single member of his immediate family wasn't insisting the same thing.
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.

Last edited by thesloppy : 01-23-2017 at 04:05 PM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 04:26 PM   #283
lungs
Pro Rookie

Try living in Wisconsin and not being a Packer fan. The Aaron Rodgers worship is quite over the top. Of course I'd probably be saying the same thing about Tom Brady if I lived in New England. But I happen to be a Dallas Cowboys fan in Wisconsin and I can not stand Aaron Rodgers. I couldn't stand Brett Favre before that, but as soon as he became enemy #1 in Packerland, I started to like him!
lungs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 04:34 PM   #284
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lungs View Post
Try living in Wisconsin and not being a Packer fan. The Aaron Rodgers worship is quite over the top.

Except for the couple weeks early in the season when they wanted Rodgers benched and McCarthy and Thompson fired.
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 04:36 PM   #285
lungs
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckerney View Post
Except for the couple weeks early in the season when they wanted Rodgers benched and McCarthy and Thompson fired.

We've never been the most rational fans in Wisconsin.
lungs is offline   Reply With Quote