Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-02-2013, 02:24 PM   #51
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobble View Post
Wait, you have to give them a 2-year old baby to get the discount!?

Darn it, my youngest is 11.

MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 10:24 AM   #52
BYU 14
Coordinator

Anyone getting the early Season Ticket release on this today? Curious to get impressions of the full game.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 10:28 AM   #53
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU 14 View Post
Anyone getting the early Season Ticket release on this today? Curious to get impressions of the full game.

Yep, I'm planning to do so. Thanks for the reminder!
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 10:57 AM   #54
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartman View Post
Yep, I'm planning to do so. Thanks for the reminder!

Cool, looking forward to hearing your thoughts. Tomorrow is hair day for the wife so I may just sign up for ST since I will have lots of free time.
Old 07-05-2013, 10:59 AM   #55
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Have to wait another hour until the download is available.
Old 07-05-2013, 01:49 PM   #56
Kodos
Resident Alien

An early review.

http://kotaku.com/ncaa-football-14-t...view-678626584
Old 07-05-2013, 02:15 PM   #57
BYU 14
Coordinator

Some clips from early access from tradition sports. Gameplay looks good and I like the CPU decisions on option (minus 1 play)

NCAA FOOTBALL 14 GAME PLAY MIX - YouTube
Old 07-05-2013, 02:37 PM   #58
Kodos
Resident Alien

And another.

NCAA Football 14 Review (Xbox 360) - Operation Sports
Old 07-05-2013, 03:23 PM   #59
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

how ai and what color are mizzous 5th alternate jersey?
Old 07-05-2013, 03:25 PM   #60
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

NCAA Football 14 Review - GameSpot.com

Oh wow...
Old 07-05-2013, 03:30 PM   #61
Kodos
Resident Alien

Yeah, they didn't like it.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 03:33 PM   #62
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
Yeah, they didn't like it.

I don't mess with recruiting, I let the CPU handle that stuff. Seems like the game play is solid, which is all I ever care about.

One thing EA seems to do is stick with the same boring commentary year after year in their titles. (NHL is the same ol same ol as well)
Old 07-05-2013, 03:34 PM   #63
Kodos
Resident Alien

Maybe we can turn off commentary and just listen to the PA guy?
Old 07-05-2013, 06:45 PM   #64
Jon
High School Varsity

How do I get to the season pass download for ps3?
Jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 07:53 PM   #65
ColtCrazy
College Starter

Gamerankings average is 80 so far, with the gamespot one being the low outliner. Seems like a "same old, same old" review.
ColtCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 08:18 PM   #66
Izulde
Head Coach

The changes to recruiting actually have me considering picking up the game. The whack a mole call and spam system was so tedious I gave up on dynasty mode and R2G felt stale. No changes there so it's stale there, too.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 11:31 PM   #67
cartman
Death Herald

Just tried a quick game in coach mode. For the first time in a while, you can actually just coach. Even for kicks. You just press a button to hike the ball, and everything else happens automagically. The option is MUCH better than last version it actually works. And you can also get pressure on the QB with just the front 4, and safety blitzes seem to work as you'd expect them to. Liking what I'm seeing so far.
Old 07-05-2013, 11:32 PM   #68
Izulde
Head Coach

Non-tedious recruiting *and* authentic coach mode? Guess I'll have to keep an eye on it.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 01:47 PM   #69
Mota
College Benchwarmer

I'm in for sure. And with no CPUvCPU in Madden 25, I may not be picking that one up for the first time in many many years.

I just got Action PC Football 2013 and I'll probably use that as my football sim for the year (unless we get a new FOF), and play a bunch of NCAA 14.
Mota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 02:27 PM   #70
BYU 14
Coordinator

Thinking AA may be the mode this year, playing with sliders and really liking the results I am getting. Just had a fun shootout with A&M and Oregon. Hope things stay consistent with the release.
Old 07-08-2013, 12:42 PM   #71
LastWhiteSoxFanStanding
College Starter

Enjoying the game so far. I was wondering how many people use online dynasty for the single player experience?

I have to say I like being able to see my highlights and box scores on the computer screen. Makes it seem more real. Perhaps I am easily deluded :-)

For recruiting, I wish the game allowed you to have more than 35 recruits on the big board because if a player isnt on the big board you cant recruit him. I feel like it is too tedious adding and subtracting people. If I only have 6000 points anyways, why cant I recruit whomever I want? Why does it have to be limited to who is on my big board? Ah well, not a huge deal, but it may lead me to just having the computer do the recruiting for me.

Last edited by LastWhiteSoxFanStanding : 07-08-2013 at 12:45 PM.
LastWhiteSoxFanStanding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 12:55 PM   #72
cartman
Death Herald

I haven't tried online dynasty for single player. I'm likely going to set up an online dynasty here to run in parallel with Kodos' NCAA 13 one. Not sure of the specifics yet, but I'm strongly leaning towards a coach-only one.
Old 07-08-2013, 01:23 PM   #73
Kodos
Resident Alien

A rival OD, eh? WE WILL BURY YOU!!!!

Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 06:14 PM   #74
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastWhiteSoxFanStanding View Post
Enjoying the game so far. I was wondering how many people use online dynasty for the single player experience?

I have to say I like being able to see my highlights and box scores on the computer screen. Makes it seem more real. Perhaps I am easily deluded :-)

I do the same thing for the same reason, increases the immersion for me.

Really looking forward to tomorrow, I have a completely different approach to sliders this year and I really like what I am seeing in the demo taking penalties from a different view, hope they hold up in retail.
Old 07-09-2013, 03:21 PM   #75
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I've been playing since early this morning and I'm loving this version so far. Best version in a long time for me. I'm playing Offense on All-American, Defense on Heisman and the teams that should beat me are doing so. The teams I should crush are also happening. Oregon's offense was fun to mess around with for that test. I'm only adjusting a few sliders (QB accuracy to 15, Speed threshold to 20-25, WR catching to 45, and Interceptions down to 25-30) and leaving everything else at default and I'm getting great games. My offense line is really pushing around inferior teams but struggling with tougher teams. Marquise Lee is unbelievable in the open field and I love all of the moves you can make just using the lwft stick if you have an elite player. I'm also glad to see that the computer did a good job of playing off him deep, his best play of the day was a short underneath route where he made 2 guys miss and then took it to the house.

Started my dynasty (coach progression set to slow although I might restart at slowest in the future) and enjoying the new interface/method much more than I thought I would. I'm glad to see that there are less upsets than last year's version in the simulated games, although I did see 1 upset as VT shocked Bama in week 1, 28-25. The simulated stats look much better with some big games for some QB's and the leaders had about 450 yards in week 1 and the leading passer after week 1 has a 68% completion percentage.

Now, to see if I can squeeze in 1 more game before family tonight
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 03:24 PM   #76
markprior22
High School Varsity

Quote:
Just tried a quick game in coach mode. For the first time in a while, you can actually just coach. Even for kicks. You just press a button to hike the ball, and everything else happens automagically. The option is MUCH better than last version it actually works. And you can also get pressure on the QB with just the front 4, and safety blitzes seem to work as you'd expect them to. Liking what I'm seeing so far.

If playing coach mode, do the sliders matter? If so, what changes have you made in your coach mode games?

What game length and speed threshold are you using for somewhat realistic results?

Appreciate your feedback
markprior22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 03:25 PM   #77
cartman
Death Herald

Quote:
Originally Posted by markprior22 View Post
If playing coach mode, do the sliders matter? If so, what changes have you made in your coach mode games?

What game length and speed threshold are you using for somewhat realistic results?

Appreciate your feedback

I haven't done any tweaking yet. Everything has been stock, except that I changed to 8 minute quarters.
Old 07-09-2013, 03:38 PM   #78
BYU 14
Coordinator

Tinkering with sliders and playing straight AA right now after reading some interesting info on how penalty sliders affect game play.

One thing I am certain about, at least on AA is that you need to set offensive and defensive PI to 0 and roughing the kicker to 0 as well.

The PI settings make DB's play the ball more aggressively and I an loving seeing them come through a receiver as the ball arrives to tip it away, or leaving their feet to dive and deflect a pass. It also makes both O and D fight more aggressively for 50/50 balls.

The Roughing the kicker to 0 seems to make the D more aggressive in general for some reason and on AA it provides a challenge with the sliders I am testing now.

Back to the PI thing. I beat Idaho with BYU 45-21, stats looked great, but one of their TD's came on a hail mary right before halftime where 5 players all converged on the ball simultaneously, arms swatting at it as the receivers went up to try and catch it. One of my DB's tipped it and it came down to a receiver who fell into the endzone. I have never seen animations like this on this type of play before, it was glorious!
Old 07-09-2013, 03:42 PM   #79
finketr
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
I've been playing since early this morning and I'm loving this version so far. Best version in a long time for me. I'm playing Offense on All-American, Defense on Heisman and the teams that should beat me are doing so. The teams I should crush are also happening. Oregon's offense was fun to mess around with for that test. I'm only adjusting a few sliders (QB accuracy to 15, Speed threshold to 20-25, WR catching to 45, and Interceptions down to 25-30) and leaving everything else at default and I'm getting great games. My offense line is really pushing around inferior teams but struggling with tougher teams. Marquise Lee is unbelievable in the open field and I love all of the moves you can make just using the lwft stick if you have an elite player. I'm also glad to see that the computer did a good job of playing off him deep, his best play of the day was a short underneath route where he made 2 guys miss and then took it to the house.

Started my dynasty (coach progression set to slow although I might restart at slowest in the future) and enjoying the new interface/method much more than I thought I would. I'm glad to see that there are less upsets than last year's version in the simulated games, although I did see 1 upset as VT shocked Bama in week 1, 28-25. The simulated stats look much better with some big games for some QB's and the leaders had about 450 yards in week 1 and the leading passer after week 1 has a 68% completion percentage.

Now, to see if I can squeeze in 1 more game before family tonight

i need to sneak over to TRU sometime in the not too distant future...

unfortunately, having too much fun playing in the pool with my (almost) 2 year old...
finketr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 06:55 PM   #80
LastWhiteSoxFanStanding
College Starter

There is a glitch I am experiencing that is also being reported on operationsports.It is an issue on any play where there is a pitch or toss when the RB receives the ball, he just stands there for a second or two before being able to move. It is as if the RB is running in quicksand for three jab steps before he can actually start running.

The trigger appears to be playing in slow mode. If you play on normal mode it doesnt happen. The thread isn't huge and this is the first time I have played the game in awhile so it could be a case of us doing something wrong. I am going to go play on normal mode and see what happens.
LastWhiteSoxFanStanding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 08:49 PM   #81
BYU 14
Coordinator

OK, got my first set of sliders done after some testing.

Have only played one game with the final version, but I like it and will test further after I workout

Skill: All-American
Speed: Normal
Threshold: 28
8 minute quarters

Sliders (Hum/CPU)
QBA: 5/10
PB: 60/60
WR: 40/45
RBA: 50/60
RB: 35/40
PC: 65/65
Int: 30/30
RDef: 50/50
Tack: 35/35
FGP: 55/50
FGA: 50/40
PP: 50/50
PA: 45/35

Penalties (These have been the key IMO)

Offsides and False start: 55
Holding: 52
Off and Def PI: 0
Clipping: 52
Int grounding: 60
RP: 52
RK: 0

The 0 on the PI and roughing the kicker increase plays on the ball and defensive aggressiveness respectively. The one KEY thing for these is I do not control a defensive player. I call the play and let the AI execute.

My sample will be a game I should win big, one I should lose big and an evenly matched game.

Sample teams Oregon, South Alabama and Stanford (to test CPU run game)

So far only Oregon (me) vs. South Alabama.

Score Oregon 59 South Alabama 17

Stats: Oregon first South Alabama second

Total plays: 83 / 64
First downs: 25 / 15
Total yds: 548 / 244
Rushing: 50-315 / 23-24
Passing: 19-33 233, 1 int / 23-41 220, 3 int
Sacks: 5 / 3

DeAnthony Thomas ran for 150 yards and made defenders look stupid in the open field, pocket formed nicely on passing plays and you can actually read blocks on runs, plus the stumble feature is awesome. Got credited with a sack where the South Alabama QB tripped on one of his lineman and went down

After I work out I will play South Alabama and let the AI be Oregon, hopefully I get my ass kicked, then I can try Oregon/Stanford.
Old 07-09-2013, 09:08 PM   #82
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Picked it up.. will wait on rosters and then it's time to start my dynasty!
Old 07-09-2013, 11:11 PM   #83
BYU 14
Coordinator

Tweaked, changes in red - In my second test game I was running on Oregon little too easy early on.

8 minute quarters

Sliders (Hum/CPU)
PB: 60/65
RBA: 50/60
RB: 30/40
RDef: 50/65

Holding: 55
Clipping: 50

The 0 on the PI and roughing the kicker increase plays on the ball and defensive aggressiveness respectively. The one KEY thing for these is I do not control a defensive player. I call the play and let the AI execute.

My sample will be a game I should win big, one I should lose big and an evenly matched game.

First Game

Score Oregon (Me) 59 South Alabama 17

DeAnthony Thomas ran for 150 yards and made defenders look stupid in the open field, pocket formed nicely on passing plays and you can actually read blocks on runs, plus the stumble feature is awesome. Got credited with a sack where the South Alabama QB tripped on one of his lineman and went down

Second Game

Score Oregon 41 South Alabama (Me) 10

Total plays: 59 / 68
First downs: 19 / 21
Total yds: 415 / 350
Rushing: 44-242 / 29-125
Passing: 10-15 173, 0 int / 22-39 225, 0 int
Fumbles: 0 / 2

I tried to chew clock to keep their plays down and it worked in giving them less possessions, but they still shredded me. They punted once, missed a FG and scored every other possession. Tweaked CPU run defense a lot as I was running too easily early. The game is really overpowered in terms of the run, but it was better the second half after the tweaks. Pretty happy with this game, will see what happens with evenly matched teams now.
Old 07-10-2013, 12:52 AM   #84
BYU 14
Coordinator

Tweaked, changes in red - Think these are pretty close after game 3

8 minute quarters

Sliders (Hum/CPU)
PB: 60/65
RBA: 50/65
RB: 30/40
RDef: 40/65

Holding: 55
Clipping: 50

First Game

Score Oregon (Me) 59 South Alabama 17

Second Game

Score Oregon 41 South Alabama (Me) 10

Total plays: 59 / 68
First downs: 19 / 21
Total yds: 415 / 350
Rushing: 44-242 / 29-125
Passing: 10-15 173, 0 int / 22-39 225, 0 int
Fumbles: 0 / 2

I tried to chew clock to keep their plays down and it worked in giving them less possessions, but they still shredded me. They punted once, missed a FG and scored every other possession. Tweaked CPU run defense a lot as I was running too easily early. The game is really overpowered in terms of the run, but it was better the second half after the tweaks. Pretty happy with this game, will see what happens with evenly matched teams now.

Third Game

Score Stanford 38 Oregon (Me) 35

Stats: Oregon first Stanford second

Total plays: 72 / 68
First downs: 25 / 17
Total yds: 440 / 378
Rushing: 30-220 / 33-89
Passing: 23-42 220, 2 int / 21-35 289, 2 int
Sacks: 2 / 1

Mariota started horribly missing his first 6 passes and throwing a pick 6 (He would throw a another later) This game had it all, defensive touchdowns (2 Stanford, 1 Oregon), a kickoff return for a TD (Oregon) and back and forth action the entire game. It was tied at 35 in the 4th, I drove down and hit the upright with just over 3 minutes left. Stanford came back and hit the go ahead field goal and left me 1:05 and 1 timeout. I drove down, got a first down at the 22 and rushed the field goal unit on. I got the kick off just as time expired and it hit the upright again!!!

Very competitive game, so I will try these sliders in my dynasty when rosters come out.

If anybody else would be willing to test these would be interested in your results, or any tweaks you think are still needed.
Old 07-10-2013, 04:14 AM   #85
Simbo Klice
High School Varsity

I really love they way recruiting is done this year. Trims the time there down considerably and really makes sense the way they do it. You can still find guys that slip through the cracks at some positions if you're a small school, but a lot of times the big boys come calling later in the season and blow right past you. The offseason week can be pretty compelling if you're battling for a big prospect or 2.

I'm in year 4 of a dynasty with Kent State (I sim all but 1 or 2 games a year) and went 8-5, 1-11, 8-5 through the first 3. Now my team's pretty stacked in terms of vs. the other MAC squads. I'll probably elevate to the B10 in 2 or 3 years, once I hit 4* prestige or thereabouts.
Simbo Klice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 07:30 AM   #86
markprior22
High School Varsity

One issue I've had in the first couple of games I played in coach mode is that my team (Iowa) seems to be able to get to the QB fairly easy. First game against Northern Illinois (#24), I had one guy (DE or DT...can't remember) get 5 sacks. Had 10 for the game. Next game was against an FCS team and I didn't notice the number of sacks but it had to be just as many. Is there anything I can do as far as settings in coach mode to help alleviate this? BTW...I've incorporated the penalty settings that others have mentioned. I play on AA level, 8 min qtrs, with slow speed threshold.
Old 07-10-2013, 09:09 AM   #87
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by markprior22 View Post
One issue I've had in the first couple of games I played in coach mode is that my team (Iowa) seems to be able to get to the QB fairly easy. First game against Northern Illinois (#24), I had one guy (DE or DT...can't remember) get 5 sacks. Had 10 for the game. Next game was against an FCS team and I didn't notice the number of sacks but it had to be just as many. Is there anything I can do as far as settings in coach mode to help alleviate this? BTW...I've incorporated the penalty settings that others have mentioned. I play on AA level, 8 min qtrs, with slow speed threshold.

What are your settings for offsides and holding? These affect the ability to get off blocks and jump the snap if too high. I would recommend 55 for each and try CPU pass blocking on 65. Also intentional grounding setting affects how quickly a QB will look to throw the ball away, vs. stand in the pocket or scramble 58-60 is good for this setting.

Last edited by BYU 14 : 07-10-2013 at 09:10 AM.
Old 07-10-2013, 09:28 AM   #88
markprior22
High School Varsity

Since I'm using coach mode, do the CPU settings affect both teams or does it still consider my team human controlled? I did make adjustments to penalties but can't remember exactly what they are right now. I'll check against what you recommend and give those settings a try if they differ from what I'm using. Thanks for your help...this seems to be a really great game.
Old 07-10-2013, 09:35 AM   #89
finketr
College Prospect

for brevity sake
Spoiler

BYU: Will you be going back and testing your Oregon vs South Alabama to confirm that you still (mostly) blow them up?

I picked it up around 920pm right before our TRU closes.

Last edited by finketr : 07-10-2013 at 09:35 AM.
finketr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 09:49 AM   #90
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by finketr View Post
for brevity sake
Spoiler

BYU: Will you be going back and testing your Oregon vs South Alabama to confirm that you still (mostly) blow them up?

Yeah, I will fit that in this morning, pretty confident my run numbers will be the same, they should get a few more rushing yards though as they do have a good back.
Old 07-10-2013, 10:10 AM   #91
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Using my limited adjustments to sliders, just got a great game this morning. My first two games of my dynasty, we blew up weaker opponents and were the #1 offense, #1 passing offense. But, today we faced a BC team that has good ratings but was still an underdog. However, Redd got hurt early, Morgan fumbled twice (a problem for him in real life too), Kessler threw a bad pick and their defense just shut us down most of the game. We lost 23-21 to an underdog at home! That never would have happened to me in previous versions. The Heisman level option game was really tough to stop as Chase Rettig had over 100 yards rushing as did their HB.
Old 07-10-2013, 11:12 AM   #92
nilodor
College Benchwarmer

So are you guys having a lot more fun with this version? How does it compare to last year's madden? (Which honestly I wasn't a huge fan of)
nilodor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 11:39 AM   #93
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilodor View Post
So are you guys having a lot more fun with this version? How does it compare to last year's madden? (Which honestly I wasn't a huge fan of)

I don't play Madden, but this is already my fav NCAA. I played the hell out of 12, not so much last year, but this one I can see myself playing until the next release.
Old 07-10-2013, 11:50 AM   #94
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
Using my limited adjustments to sliders, just got a great game this morning. My first two games of my dynasty, we blew up weaker opponents and were the #1 offense, #1 passing offense. But, today we faced a BC team that has good ratings but was still an underdog. However, Redd got hurt early, Morgan fumbled twice (a problem for him in real life too), Kessler threw a bad pick and their defense just shut us down most of the game. We lost 23-21 to an underdog at home! That never would have happened to me in previous versions. The Heisman level option game was really tough to stop as Chase Rettig had over 100 yards rushing as did their HB.

What rosters are you using? 8 minute quarters still the same this year?

You are on AA for offense and heisman for defense?
Old 07-10-2013, 12:19 PM   #95
cartman
Death Herald

Woohoo, Amazon's Pre-Order Price Guarantee kicked in! I'm getting 3 cents back!
Old 07-10-2013, 12:36 PM   #96
Balldog
Pro Rookie

Played my first full game against the CPU last night. I was Ohio State at home against Michigan State. I was very impressed with the game on All American with a few tweaks to pass accuracy, wr catching, and interceptions.

MSU jumped out to an early 7-0 lead with their QB lighting up my secondary. The issue was mostly due to my play calling. I tried to cover the slot WR with a LB a few times and they took advantage of that. Trailing 10-7 and MSU driving just before the half we brought some pressure and forced a pick that lead to a quick score to put us up 14-10 going into the half.

We ended up winning 28-16 after a late TD iced it. MSU struggled on the ground all game and once I adjusted my play calling we slowed them down quite a bit. Their QB ended up going 20 for 31 after starting off 8 for 9.

The game felt great. I am really anxious to get more time with it tonight.

I also messed around with a Dynasty to check out recruiting and it is refreshing plus challenging. Simply yet complicated enough that you have to have a strategy.

My most frustrating experience was recruiting a LB from MI. That had MSU, Michigan, and Ohio State in the top 3 all year. We took the lead after his visit in week 9. Then MSU jumped us in week 11 but we took the lead back in week 12. Then he visited Michigan for The Game, we whipped them but they got just enough points to get his commitment after the visit.

Enjoyable yet irritating
Balldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 12:59 PM   #97
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Woohoo, Amazon's Pre-Order Price Guarantee kicked in! I'm getting 3 cents back!

Old 07-10-2013, 01:44 PM   #98
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah View Post
What rosters are you using? 8 minute quarters still the same this year?

You are on AA for offense and heisman for defense?

There was a roster on OS which had all of the guys "rated 88 or higher" named. I named all of the USC players and then I used the feature to "autoname rosters" which this year (not sure if this or new or not, but it is brilliant either way) only gives fictional names to guys who don't have a name.

I'm using 9 minute quarters which is giving me excellent number of plays per game. Correct, I'm AA for offense and Heisman for defense which makes the CPU offense feel like it is playing very smart football. I don't feel like it is a noticeable artificial boost to ratings (even though it may be.)
Old 07-10-2013, 03:33 PM   #99
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by finketr View Post
for brevity sake
Spoiler

Only had time to play a half at lunch, but things seem pretty much the same, though I may need to turn coverage up a click.

Oregon 27 S Bama 13 at half

Plays: 36 / 42
Total yards: 330 / 250
Rushing: 24-155 / 18-34
Passing: 8-12 175, 0 int / 18-24 216, 2 int
Sacks: 2 / 0
Fumbles 1 / 0

Run defense looks solid, but their QB Metheny was shredding me. They were not shutting our run game, so it would have been a rout again, but still going to look at adjusting passing.

I may lower CPU accuracy to 5 to match human or raise offsides and false start to 60 to get more jumping the snap.

But still not bad, as I was worried the tuner would totally screw things up.
Old 07-10-2013, 03:39 PM   #100
BYU 14
Coordinator

By the way, I have complete rosters, pretty accurate overall, only had to make a few tweaks to BYU's roster.

Here is the tag for Xbox G DA BLACKSMITH
PS3 is JeffDLowe

Same rosters for both