Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-24-2017, 03:57 PM   #16651
thesloppy
Pro Starter

I had a psych grad student friend who wrote his thesis about "Men, Women and Spacial Orientation" which was basically just a 20 page rant about "bitches can't park!"
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.

Last edited by thesloppy : 03-24-2017 at 03:57 PM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 05:01 PM   #16652
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
Why is my Dad such a shitty parent?

The number of times he's hurt me, because he let me down is staggering. I can't even imagine being as absent in my kids lives as he is in mine. He wasn't always like that. He sort of tried when I was younger, but he's less than half the grandparent to my kids than his were to me. I've tried talking to him, he feels like he's a normal parent/grandparent. He's made his choices, I'm just having a really hard time really letting him go and hardening my heart. I'm 41, he's nearly 69. It's just what's in my best interest going forward, I just can't believe it's come to this.

FWIW, I have similar issues with my mom, and the hardest part for me is the guilt and criticism that come from myself, which in turn make me feel sad, and then as a result, even angrier at my mom. Letting go is tougher than it seems, and at this point the conflict is almost entirely internal, which only makes it harder to process.
Old 03-25-2017, 04:28 PM   #16653
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Props to my drum teacher Tim AKA Spit Stix, whose old band FEAR got some high praise from Rolling Stone recently. For most of the folks on that list, it's probably no big deal, but Tim's still teaching drums at his local shop, has a couple local band he putzes around with, takes care of his daughter on the weekends, and is an elder caretaker too, doesn't wear any particular badges or indicators of his not-so-previous lifestyle, and lives a fairly anonymous, workaday life at 60 yrs old. As such he got pretty stoked about this (which was nice to see):

'Saturday Night Live' Rocks: 25 Greatest Musical Performances | Rolling Stone
Old 03-25-2017, 09:25 PM   #16654
PilotMan
Head Coach

Went to a memorial service today for a friend. After having done a few of these I think I can safely say that there's no way that I ever want an open casket. I'm not even sure I want any casket at all. Maybe just a box they can bury. That seems about right, but no way I want an open casket.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 10:00 PM   #16655
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesloppy View Post
FWIW, I have similar issues with my mom, and the hardest part for me is the guilt and criticism that come from myself, which in turn make me feel sad, and then as a result, even angrier at my mom. Letting go is tougher than it seems, and at this point the conflict is almost entirely internal, which only makes it harder to process.

Yes, knowing full well it's not my problem, but totally feeling like a little kid who did something wrong that caused it.

My father and step mom have come to my house 2 times and 1 time respectively in the last 15 years. They have flight benefits. I've practically begged them to come visit. They have excuses. They expect us to come visit them regularly (I'm done with that). They always have something else going on. They are coming to Louisville (they live in Ft Worth) in May for a week in May, and it's maybe 90 minutes away. He tells me we can come down and see them on Saturday afternoon because they'll be free and I said "so you don't have any plans to come up and see us?" and he replies "it never even crossed my mind." He's so fucking clueless. It's just unimaginable.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 08:29 AM   #16656
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Will we ever reach a point where unplugging a device and plugging it back in is not a viable fix?

I mean, I can't imagine them having to do it to the Starship Enterprise, but just yesterday, I had, like, three things that I "fixed" by unplugging and replugging.

How do we get from the point of glitchy Roku boxes to computers that we trust to fly us through space?
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 12:39 PM   #16657
Easy Mac

Note to self, even if you're just lifting weights at lunch, bring a change of undies and a towel. Needed to shower after because I sweat way more than anticipated, but didn't have a towel. Also didn't have a change of underwear, so I had to decide between sweat soaked undies or going commando at work.
Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 01:17 PM   #16658
Kodos
Resident Alien

Don't leave us hanging!
Old 03-27-2017, 02:02 PM   #16659
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

I'm not normally one to draw attention to this stuff but this thread about Shabazz Muhammad's side piece and main (ex) GF came up on the UCLA Scout board, and between the actions of the girls and then the comments sextion afterward, I was somewhat fascinated...

http://mtonews.com/20440-2-strands-side-chick/

P.S. You may need to dust off a little of your urban speak to follow the discussion.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 02:17 PM   #16660
CrescentMoonie
College Starter

Photoshopping Mr. Bean Into Things
CrescentMoonie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 02:38 PM   #16661
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post

P.S. You may need to dust off a little of your urban speak to follow the discussion.

worth it just for the comment "She obviously aint graduate THOT school yet. She might get left back" alone
Old 03-27-2017, 02:52 PM   #16662
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
worth it just for the comment "She obviously aint graduate THOT school yet. She might get left back" alone

Haha yea I cracked up at that one, too.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 03-27-2017, 02:58 PM   #16663
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy Mac View Post
Note to self, even if you're just lifting weights at lunch, bring a change of undies and a towel. Needed to shower after I finally approached those chatty girls and rode the tricycle.

Fixed.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 09:18 PM   #16664
cuervo72
Head Coach

Yeah, when an actress played a 22yo in a tv episode from 2000, and her wiki page says she was born in 1984, something doesn't check out.

edit: oh, heh - ok, the reveal is that she is actually only 19 in the episode. Still, I don't think she was 16 here.

Last edited by cuervo72 : 03-27-2017 at 09:22 PM.
cuervo72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 09:25 PM   #16665
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuervo72 View Post
Yeah, when an actress played a 22yo in a tv episode from 2000, and her wiki page says she was born in 1984, something doesn't check out.

edit: oh, heh - ok, the reveal is that she is actually only 19 in the episode. Still, I don't think she was 16 here.

No comprendo. Where is this coming from? I think you're maybe taking the concept of "Random" too far.

Old 03-27-2017, 09:28 PM   #16666
cuervo72
Head Coach

"Everybody Loves Raymond" Young Girl (TV Episode 2000) - IMDb

(and...IMDB says she was actually 16? Hrm. If that's the case, that's really skeevy casting.)

Last edited by cuervo72 : 03-27-2017 at 09:29 PM.
cuervo72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 09:52 PM   #16667
CrescentMoonie
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuervo72 View Post
"Everybody Loves Raymond" Young Girl (TV Episode 2000) - IMDb

(and...IMDB says she was actually 16? Hrm. If that's the case, that's really skeevy casting.)

Maybe she pulled a Mila Kunis and lied about her age?
Old 03-28-2017, 08:19 AM   #16668
CrescentMoonie
College Starter

How long would it take to convince people that Ken Jeong was my physician before he became an actor?
Old 03-28-2017, 10:58 AM   #16669
CrescentMoonie
College Starter

Arkansas even considering allowing guns in stadiums is the dumbest thing ever. On the plus side, a state of 3 million people sharing 6 semi-functional brain cells should off itself pretty quickly.
Old 03-29-2017, 05:12 PM   #16670
CrescentMoonie
College Starter

Just tried a new chicken tortilla crockpot recipe. Fantastic.

In related news, to paraphrase Julie Andrews, "My bowels are alive with the sound of music."
Old 03-30-2017, 06:06 PM   #16671
Easy Mac

It's amazing how my daughter can stretch out that, "let me perform one more song before bath time" thing. She's like the Allman Brothers playing Whipping Post.
Old 04-01-2017, 05:08 PM   #16672
cuervo72
Head Coach

So, that was creepy.

My wife was mentioning how she placed an order for some gray undershirts for under her scrubs, and I replied that I should think about getting some -- that, or I wished I could figure out a way to get rid of pit stains.

Took a nap. Came back to FB later and this article -- from 2013 -- was in my feed:

How To Stop Sweating And Eliminate Those Pit Stains, You Gross Monster
Old 04-04-2017, 03:45 AM   #16673
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Probably time to go to bed when you're googling "Do Nigeria and Algeria rhyme "
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 11:51 PM   #16674
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
Probably time to go to bed when you're googling "Do Nigeria and Algeria rhyme "

Well, don't keep us in suspense...

Old 04-06-2017, 12:03 AM   #16675
CrescentMoonie
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Well, don't keep us in suspense...

Nah, Ni and Al are completely different sounds.
Old 04-06-2017, 01:32 AM   #16676
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Bought a ticket to see The Lacs and Almost Kings at a local club on Saturday.
The show is a little iffy in terms of headliner entertainment for me but the notable part is really that it'll be the first show I've been to without Will in something around 16 years.

That's going to be VERY weird and I honestly don't know how I'm gonna respond to that.

I suspect I may just get drunk.
Old 04-06-2017, 10:10 AM   #16677
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrescentMoonie View Post
Nah, Ni and Al are completely different sounds.

Yeah I think rappers could make it work but doesn't exactly meet the iambic pentameter standards
Old 04-06-2017, 10:28 AM   #16678
Critch
lolzcat

Not a national chain, but Cava is totes delish.

A number of stores spotted around CA, VA/MD/DC, NJ and NY according to their website, luckily one is near my house. Like a healthy middle-eastern/Mediterranean version of Chipotle. Great food even if it does make my tum rumble in a "argh! healthy! Yuk! Want cheese and/or chocolate!!" style afterwards.
Critch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 10:05 AM   #16679
Logan
Head Coach

Did anyone ever like the band "Cake"? I'm a big Lithium guy on Sirius and every time one of their songs get played, I can't change the station quick enough.
Old 04-07-2017, 10:10 AM   #16680
Groundhog
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
Did anyone ever like the band "Cake"? I'm a big Lithium guy on Sirius and every time one of their songs get played, I can't change the station quick enough.

Guilty as charged. In my defense, I'm a huge Cake fan, but most of my favorite Cake songs were not singles. They had some bad/cheesy singles, but a number of really good non-single songs across various genres.
Old 04-07-2017, 10:19 AM   #16681
Easy Mac

I greatly enjoy them as well.

My favorite concert was when they were playing a "festival" in Charlotte. They sang a couple of songs, but when not enough people were singing along, the singer yelled at us and walked off stage for 1/2 hour while the band kept playing. He eventually came back and they played for another 1/2 hour, but it was great.
Old 04-07-2017, 10:25 AM   #16682
Butter
Coordinator

I like Cake, but my hand stampedes to the change button whenever The Offspring comes on.
Old 04-07-2017, 01:47 PM   #16683
Logan
Head Coach

Hey I'm glad other people enjoy them, makes having them come across the programming worth it at least. It's just such a different sound than the rest of what comes across the station.
Old 04-07-2017, 01:57 PM   #16684
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
Hey I'm glad other people enjoy them, makes having them come across the programming worth it at least. It's just such a different sound than the rest of what comes across the station.

Most of the Sirius channels I'm familiar with seem to be oddly programmed, apparently quirks of the individuals in charge of each channel.

I like Kyng, for example, but they don't really fit on Octane particularly well... yet there they are. There's stuff that shows up on Liquid Metal at times that really should be left for Octane, so on & so forth.
Old 04-07-2017, 06:45 PM   #16685
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Maybe I'm just a classic "all black people look alike racist" but I literally had to Google the guy on the Little Caesars "certified smokified" commercial to confirm it wasn't just Shaq in a costume acting like a dork.
Old 04-07-2017, 06:46 PM   #16686
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Little Caesars Smokehouse Pizza TV Commercial, 'Big Moe Certified' - YouTube
Old 04-07-2017, 08:09 PM   #16687
Suicane75
Coordinator

He doesn't look anything like Shaq. lol.

I spent 30 years thinking MacGyver was just a smart guy who constantly got into bad situations. I just now learned that he was actually a government agent. My entire worldview has been turned upside down.
Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 08:16 PM   #16688
CrescentMoonie
College Starter

Looks more like Suge Knight than Shaq.
Old 04-08-2017, 01:47 PM   #16689
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

I f'n HATE making decisions with too little information.
Old 04-09-2017, 06:14 PM   #16690
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

So a minor leaguer hits two home runs in three games. I hope he becomes famous someday.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mlb/...6rv?li=BBnba9I
Old 04-09-2017, 07:37 PM   #16691
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post
So a minor leaguer hits two home runs in three games. I hope he becomes famous someday.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mlb/...6rv?li=BBnba9I

Sucks how Barbara Hershey and gun violence cost him 10 years of his career
Old 04-10-2017, 07:09 AM   #16692
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Making reservations at a new restaurant for lunch this week, and I notice its philosophy on its webpage:

Quote:
Our core philosophy is to provide you with the highest possible quality dining experience

They specialize in "Contemporary American cuisine."

At some point, why not just say "We serve food in exchange for money."
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 07:57 AM   #16693
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrescentMoonie View Post
Looks more like Suge Knight than Shaq.

I thought Mo Vaughn when I first saw it.

Last edited by Logan : 04-10-2017 at 08:00 AM.
Old 04-10-2017, 08:45 AM   #16694
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
Making reservations at a new restaurant for lunch this week, and I notice its philosophy on its webpage:

They specialize in "Contemporary American cuisine."

At some point, why not just say "We serve food in exchange for money."

A friend owns a restaurant. He has a sign on the wall that says,
'If anything about your visit isnt up to your standards please let me know. Remember I feed your family so that I can feed mine.'
CU Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 09:02 AM   #16695
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Maybe it's time to get divorced when life is full of moments like this-

Steve-man my nose is all screwed up, I gotta go get some claritin D. Are you going to steal a bunch of them, I'll get the bigger pack
Not Steve-no, that stuff doesn't work for me
Steve- Ok, then don't steal any

[Steve goes to the store and drops something stupid like $12 for 10 pills. Yes, not that much money, but the associated hassle of going to the counter and showing ID like a common criminal means that the pharmacy has to be open so you can purchase)

Steve-hey, are you taking my claritin, I only have a couple left
Not Steve-yeah, and I gave some to daughter 1 as well
Steve-well is it at least working for you
Not Steve-no, I dunno why I keep taking it
Old 04-11-2017, 02:03 PM   #16696
CrescentMoonie
College Starter

I enjoy the occasional reminder of just how gorgeous Elisabeth Shue was in her prime.
Old 04-11-2017, 07:38 PM   #16697
Warhammer
Pro Starter

If you tell me that you are willing to match a job offer, don't quibble when I tell you what said job offer is. I do not care if said offer is for a sales position and you want to move me to management, you said you would match the offer, match the offer.

Last edited by Warhammer : 04-11-2017 at 07:38 PM.
Warhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 07:49 PM   #16698
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

So, the other day, the interior driver's side door handle of my car snapped off in my hand. It didn't come off of the hinge into the door frame; the plastic just literally broke right off of the base.

I have never heard of this happening to anyone, much less me. And it occurs to me, why not? It is one of the most used pieces of moveable equipment in a car and almost all of these are made out of some fairly flimsy plastic that is selected more for how it fits into the aesthetics of the car interior than for its structural integrity.

Anyone else had this happen to them?

Old 04-11-2017, 07:56 PM   #16699
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Yep, had that happen on my first car, a 1979 Plymouth Horizon. Got to a point where the only door you could open from the outside was the rear passenger door.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 08:04 PM   #16700
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartman View Post
Yep, had that happen on my first car, a 1979 Plymouth Horizon. Got to a point where the only door you could open from the outside was the rear passenger door.

Well, that's the weird part. This one is inside my car. I feel like I have seen the handles outside the car break, since they are exposed to the elements. Inside, though, I don't see much.