Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

View Poll Results: If Trump Loses In November, What Do You Think Happens Next
Normal transition of power. He meets with Biden, stays until 1/20, comes to inauguration, etc. 5 5.56%
He doesn't fight the result, but resigns prior to the inauguration. 2 2.22%
He fights the result but gives up shortly before the inauguration (let's define "shortly" as "some time after the EC meets on 12/14") 30 33.33%
He fights the result all the way to January 20th. Has to be physically removed. 12 13.33%
He fights the result for a short time, but gives up and resigns before the inauguration 6 6.67%
He fights the result for a short time, but gives up an then we have a normal transition as per option 1. 30 33.33%
Other. (You know you gotta specify this one.) 5 5.56%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-10-2022, 11:21 AM   #5601
Atocep
Coordinator

Eric Trump saying he knows Biden is behind this because that's how the White House worked when he was there is next level amazing.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2022, 12:32 PM   #5602
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
This is the defense lawyer in me, but I'll say that everyone should take the Fifth all the time unless you are actively cooperating with the assistance of an attorney.

Don't make their job easier than it has to be. They are not your friends. They are trying to send you to jail.

I agree with this 100%. When you look at people who were wrongfully convicted, one thing many of them have in common is that they talked to the police when they should've remained silent.

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
larrymcg421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2022, 12:44 PM   #5603
Thomkal
Head Coach

Newsweek has a report out that an informant told the DOJ what Trump was still hiding and where. Trump hates "snitches"

Exclusive: An Informer Told the FBI What Docs Trump Was Hiding, and Where
Old 08-10-2022, 12:47 PM   #5604
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

I was talking to my wife, and I realized that Trump's re-emergence onto the front page has drastically increased my stress level in a noticeable way.

One the one hand, the biggest threat to America to ever exist should increase your stress level when you are reminded of him.

On the other hand, MAGA apparently lives in my head rent-free.

Sigh.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2022, 12:58 PM   #5605
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
Newsweek has a report out that an informant told the DOJ what Trump was still hiding and where. Trump hates "snitches"

Exclusive: An Informer Told the FBI What Docs Trump Was Hiding, and Where

This part is great (as mentioned upthread).

Quote:
On Monday at about 10 a.m. EST, two dozen FBI agents and technicians showed up at Donald Trump's Florida home to execute a search warrant to obtain any government-owned documents that might be in the possession of Trump but are required to be delivered to the Archives under the provisions of the 1978 Presidential Records Act. (In response to the Hillary Clinton email scandal, Trump himself signed a law in 2018 that made it a felony to remove and retain classified documents.)
Old 08-10-2022, 01:02 PM   #5606
Thomkal
Head Coach

Yeah a lot of "Twitter screaming" right now about how CNN, NY Times, and others are talking about Republican talking points rather than what really happened/what it means for Trump.

Also saw a report that months ago the DOJ subpoenaed and got surveilence cameras from Mir-A-Lago.
Old 08-10-2022, 01:04 PM   #5607
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
This part is great (as mentioned upthread).

Yep that would be crazy if he gets screwed from running again by his own law.
Old 08-10-2022, 01:35 PM   #5608
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Don't know if anyone listened to Mark Halpern. He has a site called wide world of news. He has a totally different take. He thinks that the DOJ was frustrated by the lack of cooperation and this is going to turn out to be a nothingburger, thus helping trump. Apparently a source close to trump says he is elated by these developments because he is aware of the political gains from it.
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2022, 01:39 PM   #5609
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
Don't know if anyone listened to Mark Halpern. He has a site called wide world of news. He has a totally different take. He thinks that the DOJ was frustrated by the lack of cooperation and this is going to turn out to be a nothingburger, thus helping trump. Apparently a source close to trump says he is elated by these developments because he is aware of the political gains from it.

Disgraced Journalist Mark Halperin Was Hired by the Bipartisan Policy Group No Labels - Washingtonian

Don't know if this is the guy you speak of, but he seems to be a suspect source.

Anyway, fuck Donald Trump.
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2022, 01:53 PM   #5610
JPhillips
General Manager

Halperin's been working for Newsmax, so, yeah, I'm not sure how credible he is anymore.
Old 08-10-2022, 02:02 PM   #5611
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
Halperin's been working for Newsmax, so, yeah, I'm not sure how credible he is anymore.

No kidding? I didn't know that. wow.

I listen to his weekly spot on Smerconish and have always found him pretty knowledgeable and level headed. Wasn't familiar with his backstory or the allegations.

Last edited by Lathum : 08-10-2022 at 02:05 PM.
Old 08-10-2022, 02:07 PM   #5612
Vegas Vic
Checkraising Tourists

Quote:
This is the defense lawyer in me, but I'll say that everyone should take the Fifth all the time unless you are actively cooperating with the assistance of an attorney.

Don't make their job easier than it has to be. They are not your friends. They are trying to send you to jail.

You're absolutely correct, but it's hilarious that Trump said this in a 2016 campaign stop in Iowa: "“You see the mob takes the Fifth. If you’re innocent, why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?”
Vegas Vic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2022, 02:29 PM   #5613
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrymcg421 View Post
I agree with this 100%. When you look at people who were wrongfully convicted, one thing many of them have in common is that they talked to the police when they should've remained silent.
Let me play counter point on this, because in general I agree with you. Don't most people that get wrongly convicted by talking to police not have a lawyer present when in the interview? Are any of them trying to become President, or any elected office really? I think that is wise advice if you are Joe Blow and get pulled in to be asked questions. If you a political figure who really needs to look innocent? Not so much. If you can't answer questions with your very high-priced lawyer present without self-incrimination, then you probably did something wrong.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2022, 02:37 PM   #5614
JPhillips
General Manager

Quote:
No kidding? I didn't know that. wow.

I listen to his weekly spot on Smerconish and have always found him pretty knowledgeable and level headed. Wasn't familiar with his backstory or the allegations.

None of the networks will touch him after his sexual misconduct, so I guess he's chasing the money wherever it leads him.
Old 08-10-2022, 06:42 PM   #5615
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

FBI delivers subpoenas to several Pa. Republican lawmakers: sources say - pennlive.com
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2022, 08:09 PM   #5616
JPhillips
General Manager

I guess all of the complaints about harassing judges are canceled now. Fox, in particular, looks like they are trying to get the magistrate judge killed.
Old 08-10-2022, 08:28 PM   #5617
GrantDawg

I don't think they care whether the judge is attacked or not. They mostly want to scare other judges from doing the same thing.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
Old 08-10-2022, 08:58 PM   #5618
Atocep
Coordinator

I think the fake electors scam is probably the biggest threat to Trump and his inner circle. I'm not sure if they can get to Trump with it though because I'm 100% sure he plans on throwing Meadows under the bus.
Old 08-10-2022, 09:44 PM   #5619
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Oh man, I can’t wait to see if my one cousin representative is on this list
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2022, 10:34 PM   #5620
Vegas Vic
Checkraising Tourists

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post
Eric Trump saying he knows Biden is behind this because that's how the White House worked when he was there is next level amazing.

From an online article I read: Eric Trump has been affiliated with exactly one (1) White House: his dad’s. So he appears to be arguing that based on this experience, he’s certain a president would involve himself in a criminal investigation in connection with a political nemesis. Not the best defense to offer pops in a time of need, Eric.
Vegas Vic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2022, 07:27 AM   #5621
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas Vic View Post
From an online article I read: Eric Trump has been affiliated with exactly one (1) White House: his dad’s. So he appears to be arguing that based on this experience, he’s certain a president would involve himself in a criminal investigation in connection with a political nemesis. Not the best defense to offer pops in a time of need, Eric.

That nuance is going to be lost on a group that loves to project, saying "whatever we're doing, we're going to accuse you of first".

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2022, 07:39 AM   #5622
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas Vic View Post

Trump's best defense here is that of course he didn't give that twerp anything of importance to do in the White House, so why would he know anything.

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
larrymcg421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2022, 10:11 AM   #5623
cuervo72
Head Coach

Escambia teacher said pictures of Black leaders removed from his class

Quote:
An Escambia County public school teacher resigned this week over what he characterized as racist behavior by a school district employee.

The teacher, Michael James, emailed a letter to Gov. Ron DeSantis and Escambia County Superintendent Tim Smith in which he wrote that a district employee removed pictures of historic Black American heroes from his classroom walls, citing the images as being "age inappropriate."

Images that were removed from the bulletin board at O.J. Semmes Elementary School included depictions of Martin Luther King Jr., Harriett Tubman, Colin Powell and George Washington Carver, James said.
Old 08-11-2022, 10:18 AM   #5624
Flasch186
Coordinator

If you recall however he can sue in and that’ll solve the problem of using definitions that differ from other peoples definitions. So yeah….

I see contrition starting it’s engine for the long drive to these boards. Might take a few years to get here but the gas tank is full.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2022, 10:37 AM   #5625
miami_fan
Coordinator

Gun-wielding suspect makes threats at FBI building in Cincinnati, reports say | WPMI
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2022, 10:38 AM   #5626
Ksyrup

From what I just read from a local news station, he's now in a cornfield shooting at agents.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."

Last edited by Ksyrup : 08-11-2022 at 10:40 AM.
Old 08-11-2022, 10:50 AM   #5627
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
From what I just read from a local news station, he's now in a cornfield shooting at agents.

It's like those poor bastards who listened to MAGA Media and died of COVID.

This guy's life is ruined. He'll be shot or go to jail for a really really long time.

Hannity isn't coming to help take care of his kids. Trump isn't going to visit him in prison. Carlson isn't going to set up a Go Fund Me for his wife/widow.

They rile these people up and then discard them.

I don't agree with MAGA supporters. But I don't have anywhere near the contempt for them that their preferred media members and politicians do.
Old 08-11-2022, 10:52 AM   #5628
Ksyrup

Also, I guess I missed this yesterday.

Old 08-11-2022, 11:00 AM   #5629
PilotMan
Head Coach

Cincinnati...it fits. We have some amazing white supremacist undertones here. Remember the kid who ran into the crowd in Charlottesville was from Cincy. Having said that, if these people are going to actually do something bold, I think it's time they fucking shit or get off the pot. Might as well put those guns and anger to use finally. Because it's beyond time for the actual necessary response to those threats.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2022, 11:42 AM   #5630
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I used to live in Madeira, literally a mile from that office.
Old 08-11-2022, 11:46 AM   #5631
miami_fan
Coordinator

So at this point, it feels like education in Florida will be done a la carte.

My youngest had his first day of high school yesterday. I did all the consent forms that were required for any discussion about S-E-X last week so I was surprised when all six of his teachers had this statement almost word for word among stuff we had to read and acknowledge.

Quote:
The Board recognizes that a course of study or certain instructional materials may contain content and/or activities that some parents find objectionable. If after careful, personal review of the program lessons and/or materials, a parent indicates to the school that either the content or the activity conflicts with his religious beliefs or value system, the school will consider a written request for his child to be excused from a particular class for specified reasons. The student, however, will not be excused from participating in the course and will be provided alternate learning activities during times of such parent requested absences.

So I sent this over to a friend of mind who is a principal of another high school in the area for how his school is handling this because of that word I highlighted. And, yeah it is going about as expected. He responded about 10am today that he has already had about 200 requests to excuse students from different parts of most of the classes including requests from Native Americans who don't want their children subject to the "trauma of early abuse of their ancestors" in history class to requests to removing Shakespeare from the lesson because it was pushing a gay agenda. Also several of the requests were sent to the school on legal letterhead so I guess he has a few parents who are lawyers flexing or parents have already retained legal counsel. I am so thankful my wife is out of this shit show.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
Old 08-11-2022, 12:01 PM   #5632
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_fan View Post

My youngest had his first day of high school yesterday. I did all the consent forms that were required for any discussion about S-E-X last week so I was surprised when all six of his teachers had this statement almost word for word among stuff we had to read and acknowledge.

So I sent this over to a friend of mind who is a principal of another high school in the area for how his school is handling this because of that word I highlighted. And, yeah it is going about as expected. He responded about 10am today that he has already had about 200 requests to excuse students from different parts of most of the classes including requests from Native Americans who don't want their children subject to the "trauma of early abuse of their ancestors" in history class to requests to removing Shakespeare from the lesson because it was pushing a gay agenda. Also several of the requests were sent to the school on legal letterhead so I guess he has a few parents who are lawyers flexing or parents have already retained legal counsel. I am so thankful my wife is out of this shit show.

Now, I'm not a lawyer, but what I read there says the kids gets excused from class and has their own activities, not that they will change the curriculum

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2022, 12:22 PM   #5633
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:

I didn't realize American history was taught drastically different based on where you went to school until I was in the Army and talking to a guy from Florida and he was telling me the ridiculous spin his school out on the Civil War and how it wasn't until he was in college that a lot of what he had been taught was corrected.

Then I had another guy from South Carolina that swore the South won the Civil War because the union suffered heavier loses.

I get states rights and all, but states shouldn't weild enough power to decide historical facts.
Old 08-11-2022, 12:58 PM   #5634
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Garland to make a statement. Not sure how I feel about this. Seems like a no win situation.
Old 08-11-2022, 01:10 PM   #5635
Thomkal
Head Coach

So as a gay former high school history teacher, I have to say

1) I'm glad I don't live in Florida

2) I'm glad I don't teach anymore.
Old 08-11-2022, 01:15 PM   #5636
Ksyrup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
So as a gay former high school history teacher, I have to say

1) I'm glad I don't live in Florida

2) I'm glad I don't teach anymore.

You may have seen this:

https://www.nbcnews.com/nbc-out/out-...obia-rcna35224
Old 08-11-2022, 01:22 PM   #5637
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post
Now, I'm not a lawyer, but what I read there says the kids gets excused from class and has their own activities, not that they will change the curriculum

SI

I honestly don't know. Can you force a student to test on a topic that they were not taught because the topic was not consistent with the parent's religious beliefs and/or value system?
Old 08-11-2022, 01:36 PM   #5638
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post

No I had not seen it so thanks. Pretty much how I would feel in his situation.
Old 08-11-2022, 01:43 PM   #5639
Flasch186
Coordinator

I don’t understand

I thought we already had this debate and it was settled that we were wrong in how interpretations would be different and lawyers would be threatening all of the time these teachers and then that it’ll evolve into danger.

Contrition and apologies still hasn’t left the drive way though.

It must be a Tesla because I can’t hear the engine from here but when it arrives I’ll try not to say I told you so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2022, 02:30 PM   #5640
GrantDawg

Quote:
This is exactly what Republican end goal is. They are making public schools unable to survive. They have been wanting to end public schools for decades, and they have finally fear-mongered the "gay agenda" and "Critical Race Theory" to get it done.
Old 08-11-2022, 02:35 PM   #5641
cuervo72
Head Coach

It would be nice if universities would turn around and say "pound sand" when it comes to these families wanting their kids to get into certain schools. Fine, it won't be state schools in the South, but there are a lot of others. I mean, if you're not open-minded enough to read Shakespeare, GTFO.

Last edited by cuervo72 : 08-11-2022 at 02:35 PM.
cuervo72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2022, 02:41 PM   #5642
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Garland just shot that back to Trump didn't he?
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2022, 02:49 PM   #5643
GrantDawg

I just want to know what excuse Trump will use to fight the warrant being unsealed.
Old 08-11-2022, 02:52 PM   #5644
Ksyrup

I expect that if not from him directly, his Fox News and other buddies/"sources" will assert that he did not have the documents on the inventory list, or to make the DOJ look bad, claim they took other stuff that they didn't inventory. Just a full-out lie about the entire thing.

Or, alternatively, that the documents don't meet the definition of classified (assuming that's at issue).
Old 08-11-2022, 03:22 PM   #5645
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

DOJ seems to know what it is doing.
Old 08-11-2022, 03:30 PM   #5646
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
DOJ seems to know what it is doing.

Any lawyers know how long it may take to get the warrant unsealed?
Old 08-11-2022, 03:32 PM   #5647
GrantDawg

Quote:
Any lawyers know how long it may take to get the warrant unsealed?
I saw Trump had till the 25th to respond. So, awhile unless they don't challenge.
Old 08-11-2022, 03:37 PM   #5648
Thomkal
Head Coach

Good for Garland to stand up to Trump while keeping with DOJ policy not reveal things about an ongoing investigation. And I'm sure Trump will try to fight it being unsealed in every court he can get to, and lose just as he just did in the NY case.
Old 08-11-2022, 03:40 PM   #5649
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
I saw Trump had till the 25th to respond. So, awhile unless they don't challenge.

That sucks. This will have lost momentum by then. The Trump camp is totally going to spin this some way. It will be his tax returns all over again.
Old 08-11-2022, 03:42 PM   #5650
GrantDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
An add: The judge has ordered the Trump camp to say by Friday whether they will oppose unsealing the warrant. So it could end by Friday if Trump camp chooses. My guess is if they wanted it out they would have already released it.