Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-13-2022, 01:22 PM   #22351
Kodos
Resident Alien

I know that I can't be bothered to update mine.
Old 01-13-2022, 01:26 PM   #22352
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
I know that I can't be bothered to update mine.

Same.

Also don't think I've gotten an important voicemail in years. Anyone who needs something just texts.
RainMaker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2022, 01:45 PM   #22353
stevew
Hall Of Famer

for the longest time I didn't even have my voicemail set up.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2022, 02:36 PM   #22354
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

I think I still have the one where you say your name and it fills in a generic message around the rest

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2022, 03:42 PM   #22355
molson
General Manager

Speaking of Nick Cage, this is free Nick Cage movie streaming month on Redbox. There are 9 Nick Cage movies available. Who wants to watch all 9? That would be a great dynasty thread. You could call it, "Getting in the Cage, the Nick Cage Movie Watching Dynasty".

Last edited by molson : 01-13-2022 at 03:43 PM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2022, 03:45 PM   #22356
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
Speaking of Nick Cage, this is free Nick Cage movie streaming month on Redbox. There are 9 Nick Cage movies available. Who wants to watch all 9? That would be a great dynasty thread. You could call it, "Getting in the Cage, the Nick Cage Movie Watching Dynasty".

Is this a challenge?
Old 01-13-2022, 03:47 PM   #22357
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I think I'd call it Nick at Night
Old 01-13-2022, 03:58 PM   #22358
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
I think I'd call it Nick at Night

That's much better.
Old 01-13-2022, 04:02 PM   #22359
molson
General Manager

The Humanity Bureau
Trespass
Vengeance: A Love Story
Stolen
Seeking Justice
Arsenal
Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call New Orleans
Deadfall
The Cotton Club Encore

Last edited by molson : 01-13-2022 at 04:03 PM.
Old 01-14-2022, 01:40 AM   #22360
AlexB
Pro Starter

Quote:
Is this a challenge?

On balance, I think I’d prefer to remain unCaged
AlexB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2022, 02:09 AM   #22361
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I feel like most of those need to be watched in 2x speed so they’re gone in 60 minutes.

Last edited by stevew : 01-14-2022 at 02:10 AM.
Old 01-14-2022, 09:10 PM   #22362
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Hitler: Tell me a joke
Stalin: Moscow
Hitler: I don’t get it
Stalin: exactly
Old 01-16-2022, 06:09 PM   #22363
spleen1015
Coordinator

Haven't tried to buy concert tickets in probably 15-20 years. $400 to see the Eagles in not so great seats seems like a lot for 2 tickets.

Are concert prices that high these days or is this just because it's the Eagles?
Old 01-16-2022, 06:11 PM   #22364
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Is that before or after fees? Cause those are nuts.
Old 01-16-2022, 06:39 PM   #22365
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
Haven't tried to buy concert tickets in probably 15-20 years. $400 to see the Eagles in not so great seats seems like a lot for 2 tickets.

Are concert prices that high these days or is this just because it's the Eagles?

That's mostly it being the Eagles.

Stones are like there, maybe a few others. But no, THAT level of insanity isn't normal

edit to add: There's also a couple other factors to note. First, ticket prices seem to vary significantly by market for a lot of the ultra high priced shows. Second (though not applicable for generally instant sellout like Eagles, Stones, etc) there's a demand premium applied to a lot of tickets these days. Tickets bought on the first day, 2nd, 3rd, etc day of availability often end up costing more than if you wait until several weeks since release. The people buying first always pay the highest price possible in those situations (which is done artist by artist)

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 01-16-2022 at 06:44 PM.
JonInMiddleGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2022, 07:02 PM   #22366
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Is that before or after fees? Cause those are nuts.

That's including any fees.
Old 01-16-2022, 07:02 PM   #22367
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
That's mostly it being the Eagles.

Stones are like there, maybe a few others. But no, THAT level of insanity isn't normal

edit to add: There's also a couple other factors to note. First, ticket prices seem to vary significantly by market for a lot of the ultra high priced shows. Second (though not applicable for generally instant sellout like Eagles, Stones, etc) there's a demand premium applied to a lot of tickets these days. Tickets bought on the first day, 2nd, 3rd, etc day of availability often end up costing more than if you wait until several weeks since release. The people buying first always pay the highest price possible in those situations (which is done artist by artist)

I wonder when they went on sale. I only started seeing the commercial last night.

The thing is, it is the Eagles. I likely won't be able to get tix next week.
Old 01-16-2022, 07:13 PM   #22368
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I wonder when they went on sale. I only started seeing the commercial last night.

The thing is, it is the Eagles. I likely won't be able to get tix next week.

If it's one of these markets then they went on sale Friday

Quote:
.... added in Cleveland, OH; Chicago, IL; Indianapolis, IN; Detroit, MI; Pittsburgh, PA; Philadelphia, PA; Columbus, OH; Buffalo, NY; Belmont Park, NY; Nashville, TN; Tulsa, OK; and Salt Lake City, UT..... Tickets go on sale Friday, January 14th at 10 AM local time.
Old 01-16-2022, 07:33 PM   #22369
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:

What are you considering not so great seats?

EDIT: Never mind. I just looked at what they were charging locally for the Eagles concert here next month. Yeah those are not great seats. I don't know if I love any musical act that much for the prices of the nicer seats. Geez.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946

Last edited by miami_fan : 01-16-2022 at 07:38 PM.
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2022, 08:33 AM   #22370
Edward64
Head Coach

Horrifying video. This asshole and others like him need to be charged with murder/attempted and sent away for a long time.

Note to self - never be in a hurry to board and stand away from the edge.

Chilling moment man creeps up behind a woman and shoves her off a metro platform in Brussels | Daily Mail Online
Edward64 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2022, 08:47 AM   #22371
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
One of my boss's wife's hobbies is to enter sweepstakes and contests. They have won a lot of stuff over the years. Her latest win was two tickets to see the Rolling Stones in Austin. While I was back in the elevated stands, they were 5 people away from Mick Jagger.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2022, 08:48 AM   #22372
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Sick.

I have spent a decent amount of time travelling the subway in NYC and London. I never stand by the tracks and am always aware of who is behind me.

It looks like he maybe comes back, the guy who pushed has a backpack and a guy with a backpack comes back for a look but not sure if its the same guy.

So sick.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2022, 10:21 AM   #22373
Sweed
College Benchwarmer

Quote:

I took my son to see them in Des Moines 2014, tickets were ~$175. I thought that was a lot but it was the Eagles. Pretty good seats in Wells Fargo arena, half way up lower level, left stage almost even with where the band members stood to play so looking almost straight down the line at them. I winced a bit when I bought the tickets but I'd do it again 6 says a week and twice on Sunday, totally worth it.

Tom Petty on the 2017 tour just before he passed was ~$85? The best show I think I've ever seen. Bob Seeger the same price range.

$400, I think, is an Eagles thing. But then how long will you have the memory and how much is $400 to you?
Sweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2022, 11:02 AM   #22374
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

I think I paid $175 a ticket to see Paul McCartney back in 2014. Not on the floor but side section right by the stage, about midway up. Perfect site lines. I think that's the last true big concert I've been to. Most shows I see are small acts and I pay about $20-25 in average. One of the benefits of not being a fan of most mainstream artists!
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."

Last edited by Ksyrup : 01-17-2022 at 11:02 AM.
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2022, 11:23 AM   #22375
thesloppy
Pro Starter

I'm fairly certain I caught my case of covid at a sold out (High on Fire) show on New Year's Eve-eve. It has made me reconsider the handful of events I have tickets for in the coming months.
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.
thesloppy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2022, 11:32 AM   #22376
stevew
Hall Of Famer

jfc we have a lot of snow right now.
Old 01-17-2022, 12:37 PM   #22377
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
I think I paid $175 a ticket to see Paul McCartney back in 2014. Not on the floor but side section right by the stage, about midway up. Perfect site lines. I think that's the last true big concert I've been to. Most shows I see are small acts and I pay about $20-25 in average. One of the benefits of not being a fan of most mainstream artists!
If Prince came back to life, I wouldn't spend $175 for tickets. Prices have gone so stupid there is like zero chance I will ever go to a concert again.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2022, 05:47 PM   #22378
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

I'd pay a lot of money to see Rush in concert again.
flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2022, 07:19 PM   #22379
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Quote:

Yeah, the big concert math is pretty shitty these days, in that the bigger the arena, the older the performer, the worse it will sound & the more it will cost. Practically any arena show involves watching the act on the a massive TV that is also hundreds of feet away while the sound guy struggles to make it not sound like shit. Went to see KISS last year and their opening act was a 'rock and roll painter' who essentially finger-painted while pre-recorded tracks played at low volume, fucking embarrassing. Club shows are just so much more visceral & enjoyable.
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.

Last edited by thesloppy : 01-17-2022 at 07:21 PM.
thesloppy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2022, 08:53 PM   #22380
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesloppy View Post
Yeah, the big concert math is pretty shitty these days, in that the bigger the arena, the older the performer, the worse it will sound & the more it will cost. Practically any arena show involves watching the act on the a massive TV that is also hundreds of feet away while the sound guy struggles to make it not sound like shit. Went to see KISS last year and their opening act was a 'rock and roll painter' who essentially finger-painted while pre-recorded tracks played at low volume, fucking embarrassing. Club shows are just so much more visceral & enjoyable.

Totally agree. Took my son to see Green Day, Weezer, and Fall Out Boy this summer in a baseball stadium. The show was great, bands sounded good, but I definitely watched the screen a lot more and it ran us about $600 not counting parking, food, etc...

Likewise saw Flogging Molly at The Stone Pony and it was amazing. Saw bowling For Soup in a small theater and was also amazing.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2022, 10:13 PM   #22381
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I’m supposed to see Beach House in a few weeks. Hopefully nothing happens between now and then.
Old 01-18-2022, 11:08 PM   #22382
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Are all you Arby's fans going to run out and try the new diablo sandwich?
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2022, 11:10 PM   #22383
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by flere-imsaho View Post
I'd pay a lot of money to see Rush in concert again.

i know

I even skipped rehearsal to go see the Cinema Strangiato last year.

It was good and I hope they keep doing special Rush Concerts via Fandago.

esp the 90s/00's ones
Old 01-19-2022, 07:41 AM   #22384
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

I finally got around to seeing the "Beyond the Lighted Stage" documentary a few weeks ago, and it was just really fantastic.
flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2022, 01:48 PM   #22385
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by flere-imsaho View Post
I finally got around to seeing the "Beyond the Lighted Stage" documentary a few weeks ago, and it was just really fantastic.

it really is
Old 01-19-2022, 01:53 PM   #22386
Ksyrup

I was fortunate to be in Houston in May of 2015 (I think?) for a company work retreat when we saw they were in town the second night. My bosses' boss is a huge Rush fan, so it was easy to get him and a couple of other guys to go and he arranged for the tickets. Great night, only time I ever got to see them.

A highlight of my time at that company was being in a huge meeting with this guy, and he's talking about making decisions or deciding whether we shouldn't choose something, and I raised my hand and said, "You know, Sean, if we choose not to decide, we've still made a choice." And people started laughing and he says, "Most of you won't get it, but that was a next level comment. Well done."
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 01-20-2022, 08:30 AM   #22387
Ksyrup

I need a list of every celebrity's birthday so when they are trending on Twitter, I can figure out whether it's just a birthday or a death/arrest, etc., instead of assuming they just died. Paul Stanley is today's near-death experience.
Old 01-21-2022, 07:26 PM   #22389
Ksyrup

I just discovered Dick Butkus on Twitter and he is solid entertainment.

Last edited by Ksyrup : 01-21-2022 at 07:26 PM.
Old 01-21-2022, 09:06 PM   #22390
tarcone
Coordinator

Fuck this world and fuck this life. Maybe I should visit the mental health thread. Thank God im on a mood enhancer. But I need more. Tried to call the doctor at 3 but they were closed. I need some more powerful anxiety drugs

The word is Fight! Fight! Fight! For Iowa

FOFC 30 Dollar Challenge Champion-OOTP '15

Last edited by tarcone : 01-21-2022 at 09:06 PM.
tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2022, 08:28 AM   #22391
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarcone View Post
Fuck this world and fuck this life. Maybe I should visit the mental health thread. Thank God im on a mood enhancer. But I need more. Tried to call the doctor at 3 but they were closed. I need some more powerful anxiety drugs
I hate you are feel that way, tarcone. It is the worse feeling.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2022, 12:26 PM   #22392
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
I just discovered Dick Butkus on Twitter and he is solid entertainment.

It makes me wonder what it would have been like to have twitter when he played.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2022, 09:42 AM   #22393
Ksyrup

I want Joe Namath back. Please take Jimmy Walker off of my TV screen before I shove his MUN - EEEE down his FUCK - IIIIING throat. NAAAAOW.

Last edited by Ksyrup : 01-25-2022 at 09:42 AM.
Old 01-25-2022, 09:50 AM   #22394
spleen1015
Coordinator

Joe Namath Interview "I want to Kiss You" - YouTube
Old 01-25-2022, 09:54 AM   #22395
Ksyrup

I would not mind a drunk Joe doing those commercials. Imagine him telling those hottie grandmas that he's got what they deserve if they call now?
Old 01-25-2022, 10:02 AM   #22396
cuervo72
Head Coach

Still seeing at least one Namath commercial here.
Old 01-25-2022, 10:05 AM   #22397
cuervo72
Head Coach

If we're on commercials again, I'll c/p other random thoughts I shared in the (mostly defunct) FOxL Slack semi-recently:

Quote:
1. Still TOO MUCH KATE MCKINNON

2. AT&T Lilly's hair grew really quick. Also, those commercials have had a couple of stealth asses you could bounce quarters off of.

3. National Floors Direct girl...?? Seems attractive, but something is not clicking. Can't place finger on it. (Probably not even her high hairline.)

4. "This is the first day of my life" SHOOTS FUCKING TV WITH BAZOOKA

5. Fortune favors the BOLD. BOLD, DAMMIT!
Old 01-25-2022, 12:35 PM   #22398
Ksyrup

Sorry, I hate 99% of commercials, marketing, sales, etc., with a passion.

I did just see a fairly humorous Kayak ad that appeared to be making fun of the "do your own research" crowd. I'll allow it.
Old 01-26-2022, 10:45 AM   #22399
spleen1015
Coordinator

You try and teach your kid to be a good teammate, have respect for their coaches, show discipline when they fail, avoid drama. You do this because it is the right thing to do and you also believe it will help them achieve their dreams of playing the sport they love in college. You assume everyone else is doing the same thing because people tell you these are the qualities coaches are looking for.

They achieve that dream, get there and you find out that 90% of their teammates are not any of these things. It just seems like an endless stream of bull shit with some of these kids.

My kid is no exception. She has made decisions she thought were right only to find out that they weren't the best choice.

But man. The shit never ends.
Old 01-26-2022, 11:57 AM   #22400
Ksyrup

Tell me about it. If my daughter had to do it all over, I'm not sure she would have played college ball.