Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > FOFC NCAA Football Online Dynasties
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-21-2009, 06:31 PM   #51
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToxRox View Post
So can we edit other peoples Teams or no? I guess do I need to just find a team from the state we're playing in? I honestly don't mind but just wanna see before I get too far.

I'd answer, but I don't really know yet.

Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 06:52 PM   #52
Kodos
Resident Alien

For trivia's sake, GarField scored the first exhibition touchdown (cpu vs. cpu) in league history versus Tucker.
Old 07-21-2009, 06:57 PM   #53
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Once we do states I'll pick a random team. Just lemme know whatcha need Kodos.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 07:04 PM   #54
Kodos
Resident Alien

So far, I don't see an ability to edit teambuilder teams in regular dynasty mode. Maybe ODs are different, but I've run out of time for the moment.
Old 07-21-2009, 07:47 PM   #55
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
I have successfully grabbed Wade, WVU, and cmp's teams. Wade, do you really want yours to be GarField (as opposed to Garfield)?
Well, it's really "Gar-Field" but it wouldn't let the Hyphen, so I was trying to cheat it.

I'm not too concerned either way to be honest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 07:48 PM   #56
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
So far, I don't see an ability to edit teambuilder teams in regular dynasty mode. Maybe ODs are different, but I've run out of time for the moment.

Wouldn't you download them into teambuilder and then edit them before you load them into the dynasty? Is it not that simple?

Quote:
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
Old 07-21-2009, 08:10 PM   #57
Mike1409
High School Varsity

Mike1409- Gibbs Gladiators
Mike1409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 08:47 PM   #58
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade moore View Post
Wouldn't you download them into teambuilder and then edit them before you load them into the dynasty? Is it not that simple?

Dunno. I was hoping there would be some point in the franchise setup phase where I could manually change star levels set the incoming rosters to "cupcake" or something like that. I haven't tried editing something through Teambuilder yet. After I finish working tonight, I might be able to try editing through Teambuilder.

Last edited by Kodos : 07-21-2009 at 08:49 PM.
Old 07-22-2009, 08:48 AM   #59
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Dunno. I was hoping there would be some point in the franchise setup phase where I could manually change star levels set the incoming rosters to "cupcake" or something like that. I haven't tried editing something through Teambuilder yet. After I finish working tonight, I might be able to try editing through Teambuilder.

Well if not, like I said, let's just decide on what we should all be and we as individuals can modify, you can re-import, and we'll be good.

Quote:
Old 07-22-2009, 08:54 AM   #60
Kodos
Resident Alien

If there is an option to import other teams on the teambuilder website, I didn't see it. I think we'll probably have to have guys do it on their end. We know the star levels for guys, but I guess we haven't figured out the mechanics for who gets "cupcake", "academic", etc. rosters.

East:
3* Wade Moore
2* Mike1409
2* Kodos
1* cmp

West:
3* WVUFAN
2* allpro10050
2* EaglesFan27
1* DeTox

Last edited by Kodos : 07-22-2009 at 08:55 AM.
Old 07-22-2009, 09:35 AM   #61
Kodos
Resident Alien

As is well-documented over the years, patience isn't a strong point for me. I've decided to remove Allpro. He's barely posted (once) in the Sol 8 threads, and didn't respond to a PM from yesterday, even though I saw him on the board this morning. I get the feeling he wouldn't be the most active / responsive owner, so I'm making the call before we get started. I've contacted BigDPW to see if he still wants in (he's first in line on the wait list). If he doesn't want in, I'll contact SirFozzie.

East:
3* Wade Moore
2* Mike1409
2* Kodos
1* cmp

West:
3* WVUFAN
2* ???
2* EaglesFan27
1* DeTox

Last edited by Kodos : 07-22-2009 at 09:37 AM.
Old 07-22-2009, 09:55 AM   #62
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
If there is an option to import other teams on the teambuilder website, I didn't see it. I think we'll probably have to have guys do it on their end. We know the star levels for guys, but I guess we haven't figured out the mechanics for who gets "cupcake", "academic", etc. rosters.

East:
3* Wade Moore
2* Mike1409
2* Kodos
1* cmp

West:
3* WVUFAN
2* allpro10050
2* EaglesFan27
1* DeTox

I haven't looked at the gap in talent, but I'm almost thinking we start with the same setup for every team as far as rosters and then let the *s do their magic in the 5 year sim, rather than starting out with a gap in talent AND stars.

I believe my team is a "cupcake" at the moment and it is around a D in rating, so take that for what it is - we'd start out at a pretty significant disadvantage from the other teams (which I think I like).

Quote:
Old 07-22-2009, 02:22 PM   #63
Mike1409
High School Varsity

I loaded my Gibbs "cupcake" team into a dynasty with several low rated CUSA teams. 6 minute quarter AA default.

My Impact player was a kicker.

I created a schedule with the first game at UF expecting to get beat 70-0. I hung tough and lost 26-14 and felt like I could compete. The next few games were against low rated teams and I won those. I could run for steady but not long gains. I could pass if I stayed in the pocket, but when I scrambled I would get run down.

I was 4-1 and thought the game might be too easy vs the CPU.
My next game was at UCFand, it may have been the game where it seemed the CPU wasn't gonna let you win. They shut down my running game. There DE wore out my LT every time I tried to pass, they would hammer me with a blitz on every third down. I got crushed 30-0 in a game that wasn't even close.

Recruiting is different. No 5 stars will even listen to me. I have been working the 3 stars and after 4 weeks of no interest the are moving me slowly up on there list.

I had an instant commit who was offered a scholly the week before. I was just hitting his most important request and when I went to hard sell I got the commit!
Mike1409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 02:31 PM   #64
wade moore
lolzcat

That seems like a good argument for Cupcake to me

Quote:
Old 07-22-2009, 04:18 PM   #65
BigDPW
College Prospect

I would like in... I have not followed much of the planning for the league. Let me know if I need to create my own team. My HS another HS that fits the league or a fictional college.

Thanks for the invite guys... Looking forward to it!
BigDPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 05:38 PM   #66
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Glad to see you in, BigDPW. I'll get my team, the EHT Eagles, associated with my profile by Friday night.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 06:09 PM   #67
Kodos
Resident Alien

Big: You can create your high school, or I think Wade has volunteered to create them for guys if they aren't up to it.
Old 07-22-2009, 06:35 PM   #68
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Big: You can create your high school, or I think Wade has volunteered to create them for guys if they aren't up to it.

Yup - if you can't find someone else that has already made it, I can help make it.

Quote:
Old 07-22-2009, 07:35 PM   #69
Kodos
Resident Alien

I was thinking about things a bit this afternoon. What would you guys think about having 12 owners, and splitting them into two conferences, 6 humans each. We'd still have higher-rated cpu teams atop the conferences (MAC and Conf USA). We'd just adjust the number of cpu teams up a bit.

Just trying to figure out how to get more guys in. I know SirFozzie was disappointed about missing out, and there might be others who feel the same.

Conf USA East:
5 * cpu
5 * cpu
4* cpu
3* hum
2* hum
1* hum

Conf USA West:
5 * cpu
5 * cpu
4* cpu
3* hum
2* hum
1* hum

MAC East:
5 * cpu
5 * cpu
4* cpu
4* cpu
3* hum
2* hum
1* hum

MAC West:
5 * cpu
5 * cpu
4* cpu
3* hum
2* hum
1* hum

Last edited by Kodos : 07-22-2009 at 07:44 PM.
Old 07-22-2009, 07:47 PM   #70
Kodos
Resident Alien

Obviously, the human star ratings would be up for negotiation, depending on who we added.
Old 07-22-2009, 08:35 PM   #71
BigDPW
College Prospect

If SirFozzie wants in that bad he can have my slot and I will wait until another owner drops. I am really busy and a bit burned out from the NOFL NCAA 09 leauge. I want to play but am still a bit on the fence. If someone is more interested let him have the slot.

Last edited by BigDPW : 07-22-2009 at 08:36 PM.
BigDPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 10:07 PM   #72
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDPW View Post
If SirFozzie wants in that bad he can have my slot and I will wait until another owner drops. I am really busy and a bit burned out from the NOFL NCAA 09 leauge. I want to play but am still a bit on the fence. If someone is more interested let him have the slot.

Alrighty, we'll put you back on the list.

After talking with Allpro a bit, I may have acted hastily. I'll give him his spot back.

I'm still open to my 12 owners idea, but if people want to stick with the original plan, that's okay too. Let me know what you think, guys.
Old 07-22-2009, 10:13 PM   #73
Kodos
Resident Alien

Here's where we're at if we go ahead with the 8 humans version:

Code:
East: 3* GarField Indians Wade Moore 2* Gibbs Gladiators Mike1409 2* Fairport Red Raiders Kodos 1* Allendale cmp West: 3* Tucker Mountain Lions WVUFAN 2* Pinckney Pirates allpro10050 2* EHT Eagles EaglesFan27 1* ?? DeTox

Last edited by Kodos : 07-22-2009 at 10:14 PM.
Old 07-22-2009, 11:47 PM   #74
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Is this going to be the only NCAA league in FOFC or are we looking at having another one or two?
Grammaticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 05:33 AM   #75
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grammaticus View Post
Is this going to be the only NCAA league in FOFC or are we looking at having another one or two?

As of now there doesn't seem like enough interest fr two, unless several people want to be in two leagues.

My concern with expanding to 12 is that down the road we end up not being able to fill lost owner slots and the conferences become unbalanced, like happened in the ebfl.

Quote:
Old 07-23-2009, 08:59 AM   #76
Kodos
Resident Alien

Doesn't seem like there's enough interest for 2 leagues at this point.
Old 07-23-2009, 02:54 PM   #77
Kodos
Resident Alien

Judging from the silence, I'd say people want to stick with the 8 humans option, so we'll go with that.
Old 07-23-2009, 02:56 PM   #78
DeToxRox
Head Coach

8 is probably best but I am fine with 12.
Old 07-23-2009, 03:14 PM   #79
Kodos
Resident Alien

Eight in one conference is easier for tracking / scheduling purposes. Let's go with 8.
Old 07-23-2009, 06:27 PM   #80
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I think 8 is for the best as well. No computer access at work anymore, so I'll be checking in at the end of each day.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 06:40 AM   #81
wade moore
lolzcat

So with the patch out... what's left for us to get started?

1. Finalize what level of team we are going to be.
2. Have everyone set it for their team.
3. Pick states, set it for your team.
4. Get Detox a team.

That's it? Anything else holding us up?

(yes, I'm getting antsy ).

Quote:
Old 07-24-2009, 09:15 AM   #82
Kodos
Resident Alien

Based on the progression issue, I have rethought my sim ahead 5 years idea. Maybe we can each rename the roster manually and edit some non-ratings to make the teams at least seem unique?

Code:
East: 3* GarField Indians Wade Moore 2* Gibbs Gladiators Mike1409 2* Fairport Red Raiders Kodos 1* Allendale cmp West: 3* Tucker Mountain Lions WVUFAN 2* Pinckney Pirates allpro10050 2* EHT Eagles EaglesFan27 1* ?? DeTox

At this point, I'm thinking Florida (East) and Texas (West), but I'm also fine with plopping everyone in the same state if there are any objections.
Old 07-24-2009, 09:24 AM   #83
WVUFAN
College Starter

Quote:
For trivia's sake, GarField scored the first exhibition touchdown (cpu vs. cpu) in league history versus Tucker.

Figures. That sounds about like my high school team.

WVUFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 09:31 AM   #84
Kodos
Resident Alien

We also need decide what sliders to use. I assume we're playing on All-American this year, right?
Old 07-24-2009, 10:21 AM   #85
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
We also need decide what sliders to use. I assume we're playing on All-American this year, right?

Ahh... sliders, I didn't think about that.

To me AA is the way to go. Are the "slider gurus" coming out with sliders yet? I'm not up on such things.

Quote:
Old 07-24-2009, 10:35 AM   #86
Kodos
Resident Alien

I'm sure they're working on some at OS. EF27 is usually on top of that sort of thing, so I'll defer to him on sliders.
Old 07-24-2009, 02:10 PM   #87
Kodos
Resident Alien

Trying to flesh out things a bit.

Here's one option for alignments. The number in parens is Lindy's ranking for each real time.

Code:
East (Florida): 5* Miami Hurricanes (35th) 4* USF Bulls (43rd) 3* GarField Indians Wade Moore 2* Gibbs Gladiators Mike1409 2* Fairport Red Raiders Kodos 1* Allendale cmp West (Texas): 5* TCU (14th) 4* Texas Tech (26th) 3* Tucker Mountain Lions WVUFAN 2* Pinckney Pirates allpro10050 2* EHT Eagles EaglesFan27 1* ?? DeTox

Miami is replaced by UCF in ACC
USF is replaced by Penn State in Big East
Penn State is replaced by Notre Dame in Big Ten
Marshall replaces Notre Dame as an Independent
Texas Tech is replaced by Houston in Big 12
TCU is replaced by UTEP in MWC

I'm honestly tempted to either grab or create fake teams for the cpu slots in our divisions.

Last edited by Kodos : 07-24-2009 at 02:11 PM.
Old 07-24-2009, 02:11 PM   #88
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Trying to flesh out things a bit.

Here's one option for alignments. The number in parens is Lindy's ranking for each real time.

Code:
East (Florida): 5* Miami Hurricanes (35th) 4* USF Bulls (43rd) 3* GarField Indians Wade Moore 2* Gibbs Gladiators Mike1409 2* Fairport Red Raiders Kodos 1* Allendale cmp West (Texas): 5* TCU (14th) 4* Texas Tech (26th) 3* Tucker Mountain Lions WVUFAN 2* Pinckney Pirates allpro10050 2* EHT Eagles EaglesFan27 1* ?? DeTox

Miami is replaced by UCF in ACC
USF is replaced by Penn State in Big East
Penn State is replaced by Notre Dame in Big Ten
Marshall replaces Notre Dame as an Independent
Texas Tech is replaced by Houston in Big 12
TCU is replaced by UTEP in MWC

I'm honestly tempted to either grab or create fake teams for the cpu slots in our divisions.

I like the alignments. I don't mind if you use created teams assuming they're higher prestige obviously.
Old 07-24-2009, 02:16 PM   #89
Kodos
Resident Alien

I might steal some team concepts from IHOF / other fof multiplayer leagues.

The North Plainfield Plague would be cool in Texas. Hell Creek Tryants might be cool too.
Old 07-24-2009, 02:23 PM   #90
DeToxRox
Head Coach

I'm lookin at teams already created from Texas. I'll just DL one. Question is, how do I DL one?
Old 07-24-2009, 02:32 PM   #91
Kodos
Resident Alien

Go in through Teambuilder menu item in-game (you'll need to enter a code from the insert in the box), and then you'll find a search option. I don't think you can do anything like downloading and modifying another team on the Teambuilder website.
Old 07-24-2009, 02:34 PM   #92
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Go in through Teambuilder menu item in-game (you'll need to enter a code from the insert in the box), and then you'll find a search option. I don't think you can do anything like downloading and modifying another team on the Teambuilder website.

Yah I just wasn't sure once I went in game.

If I am Texas I might just have to pick the Permian Panthers (Friday Night Lights FTW)

You can edit the teams though, correct?
Old 07-24-2009, 02:44 PM   #93
wade moore
lolzcat

Another option would be to "promote" 4 big time I-AA programs - like Georgia Southern, App State, Delaware, and Montana and just make them high prestige, high rosters, etc.

Quote:
Old 07-24-2009, 02:47 PM   #94
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Yah I just wasn't sure once I went in game.

If I am Texas I might just have to pick the Permian Panthers (Friday Night Lights FTW)

You can edit the teams though, correct?

I don't think you can download and edit someone else's team.
Old 07-24-2009, 02:52 PM   #95
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:

Touche. I guess I'll continue searching for a crappy team then because their roster is loaded.
Old 07-24-2009, 03:06 PM   #96
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:

If that's true, it seems pretty silly to me.

Quote:
Old 07-24-2009, 03:09 PM   #97
Kodos
Resident Alien

You may be able to edit their players individually, but I didn't see an option to edit them globally.

DeTox -- I can give making the Permiam Panthers a shot.
Old 07-24-2009, 03:09 PM   #98
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Touche. I guess I'll continue searching for a crappy team then because their roster is loaded.

Or, they could be one of our fake stud cpu teams.
Old 07-24-2009, 03:18 PM   #99
DeToxRox
Head Coach

If you wanna use them that's fine with me. I'm going to continue my search for a bad team.
Old 07-24-2009, 03:24 PM   #100
DeToxRox
Head Coach

What's the right size for a logo? I think I can create a team, the logo is the only thing I need to know about.