Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-16-2003, 11:41 AM   #1
condors
College Starter

did anyone watch walking with caveman?

i taped it and plan to watch it after work

any reviews out there? i hope i am not the only person that watches the history channel and espn

condors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2003, 12:04 PM   #2
pjstp20
High School Varsity

Yeah I watched it because I am into evolution and such things. I thought the show tried to go over to much history in too little time. It should have been a three hour show or a two part series like their past documentaries of this nature. It basically devotes 12 minutes to each of the various species of Hominids. Interesting, but not as deep as I would have liked it to have been.
pjstp20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2003, 12:07 PM   #3
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

I watched most of it. I turned it on about 15 minutes after it started and I just could not stay up after the 11:30 commercial break.

I found it very interesting. The acting was pretty bad, but how do you act like a 1.6 million year old person?

It did not provoke too much thought on my part, but it was cool, and enjoyable to watch. I don't think it was a super-serious documentary. Pretty light stuff from the parts that I did see.

Cincinnati basketball writer P. Daugherty, "Connor Barwin playing several minutes against Syracuse is like kids with slingshots taking down Caesar's legions."
Marmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2003, 12:17 PM   #4
illinifan999
Pro Rookie

I watched some of it. I turned it on at the Neanderthal part. Fell asleep when the next commercial came on. I hope they replay it, cause I'd like to watch the whole thing.
illinifan999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2003, 12:21 PM   #5
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally posted by Marmel
I found it very interesting. The acting was pretty bad, but how do you act like a 1.6 million year old person?

Well, for starters, you'd probably need a good cane or a walker...
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2003, 12:21 PM   #6
sabotai
General Manager

I only saw a small part of it (hope they replay, I'm so bad remembering times of shows). These type of "documentaries" that the Discovery channel do are never really deep or anything. They are more entertaining. But I applaud their effort to educate people by making entertaining programming rather than programming that is dry and boring (to most people. Dry and boring is still interesting to me).
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2003, 12:22 PM   #7
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

Oh, and it showed entirely too much penis. I know these people did not wear clothes, but I started to get a bit annoyed when the two naked cavemen were wrestling on the ground, buck naked.

Cincinnati basketball writer P. Daugherty, "Connor Barwin playing several minutes against Syracuse is like kids with slingshots taking down Caesar's legions."

Last edited by Marmel : 06-16-2003 at 12:23 PM.
Old 06-16-2003, 12:23 PM   #8
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by Marmel
Oh, and it showed entirely too much penis. I know these people did not wear clothes, but I started to get a bit aroused when the two naked cavemen were wrestling on the ground, buck naked.

I am saving Fritz the trouble here.

Last edited by Marmel : 06-16-2003 at 12:24 PM.
Old 06-16-2003, 03:11 PM   #9
Fonzie
Pro Rookie

As a documentary/educational program "Walking with Caveman" was seriously lacking in depth and detail. I feel that they needed more discussion of the fossil discovery process, research methods, the reasoning behind the behavioral suppositions the show makes, and details about the environmental variables leading to the evolution/demise of the species. And more boobies.

Of course, they weren't really trying to be a full-fledged documentary. They were clearly aiming for more of a light educational/entertainment programming model, and at that I thought they succeeded quite nicely. In fact, compared to most of what's on TV, I'd say this was fantastic. Yet even when considered as entertainment programming I'd say it could've still used more boobies.

Last edited by Fonzie : 06-16-2003 at 03:12 PM.
Fonzie is offline   Reply With Quote