High School Varsity

Post Kobe busted for sexual assault

Link

Very shocking stuff.

bigdawg2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2003, 07:57 PM   #2
BillyMadison
High School Varsity

Good. I hate him. I hope his Wife divorces him then beats him.

Last edited by BillyMadison : 07-06-2003 at 07:58 PM.
BillyMadison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2003, 08:01 PM   #3
SackAttack
Head Coach

I don't understand that sentiment. I can understand disliking a player because he plays for a team not your own, or even being resentful of the success he's had.

But to express glee that he's been arrested for alleged sexual assault, and to hope that his marriage dissolves? To put it bluntly, Billy, who's got their dick shoved so far up your ass as to cause that kind of gleeful malice against another person?
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2003, 08:14 PM   #4
BillyMadison
High School Varsity

Wan't me to pity him?!? He assaulted a women while being marries AND having a kid... I am glad he got caught... and am glad he is going to have to pay the consequences for his actions... whatever it may be.
Old 07-06-2003, 08:20 PM   #5
MylesKnight
College Benchwarmer

Shocking Indeed..

Keep in mind though, he has not been found Guilty of anything as of yet in the Court of Law.
Old 07-06-2003, 08:26 PM   #6
rexallllsc
Banned

I'd be disappointed if it was true...

My completely uneducated and uninformed guess...he hooked up w/ a girl who was into it...and then she went to the hospital and got a rape kit done...
rexallllsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2003, 08:29 PM   #7
rexallllsc
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by BillyMadison
Wan't me to pity him?!? He assaulted a women while being marries AND having a kid... I am glad he got caught... and am glad he is going to have to pay the consequences for his actions... whatever it may be.

How do you know the allegations are true? Not to say it didn't happen, but we should wait for all the facts to come out.

Right now, all he's guilty of is extremely poor judgement.
Old 07-06-2003, 08:41 PM   #8
Ajaxab
College Benchwarmer

Even though I didn't like Kobe as a player, I respected him as a person. Shaq seemed to be all about goin' out and partying and getting fat. Kobe would work on his game and try to improve himself for the sake of the team. I hate the Lakers, but I always respected Kobe as a person. I'm hoping that these allegations are only allegations and nothing more. He has always carried himself with class off the court. This could change everything.
Ajaxab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2003, 08:46 PM   #9
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

I'm going to be shocked if this is true. I'm a "believe the woman" kind of guy, but Kobe? Hard to believe. Someone looking for cash off Kobe is not.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2003, 08:54 PM   #10
FBPro
College Starter

I'd be surprised, so many of the cases like this are some "free-loader" looking for the golden goose. I think that all of the evidence needs to be examined and I trust that Kobe will be found innocent. I mean, look at Bryant his first kid was even born "in wedlock" to HIS wife. As far as the NBA goes that says alot.
GM Tennessee Titans FOWL 2020-2025
FBPro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2003, 08:54 PM   #11
rexallllsc
Banned

Probably Grant...I hope so, anyways.
Old 07-06-2003, 09:38 PM   #12
VPI97
Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, Hi

VPI97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2003, 09:56 PM   #13
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:

And the law of the land includes the principle of innocence until proven guilty. Law enforcement officials believe they have enough evidence to make the charge stick. Good for them. Until that evidence is presented in a court of law, before a jury, it's purely academic.

Nobody asked you to pity him, furthermore. What I said was, what exactly did the man ever do to you that you're in such giddiness over the possibility that he may have sexually assaulted a woman? What fucking PLANET do you come from where the possibility of a broken family makes your fucking day?

Pull your head out of your ass and think about the implications of your first post for a moment. It's one thing to be happy because a player you can't stand misses a crucial shot in the playoffs, or heck, misses them completely because of a missed shot. That's within the realm of sport, and win or lose, shit happens.

But the minute you start gleefully calling for the destruction of this man's personal life over allegations that are, as yet, unproven, and, as others have pointed out, may be of the "gold-digger" variety (and yes, just as well may be true), then you begin to cast yourself in a rather despicable light.

Grow the fuck up, asshole.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2003, 10:10 PM   #14
BillyMadison
High School Varsity

Quote:
What fucking PLANET do you come from where the possibility of a broken family makes your fucking day?

Earth.
Old 07-06-2003, 10:11 PM   #15
Blackadar
Retired

Agreed, Sack.

Let's see what the truth is before giving him the scarlet letter.
Blackadar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2003, 10:16 PM   #16
Axxon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Earth.

Yet another reason to realize that human beings are one of natures biggest mistakes. Must be nice gaining pleasure in the pain of others. Way to go Billy!!! You're such a cooool dude. Wish there were more like you...oh wait, there are over 6 billion like you. My bad.

The comforting fact is whenever shit happens to you Billy you can look around and realize you've just made everybody else's day. Should make you feel better and then you can go home and kick the dog or something for relief.
Old 07-06-2003, 10:24 PM   #17
Blackadar
Retired

It must be pretty serious, though. A $25k bond is no joke and Eagle County is a high-priced tourism area. That generally means that they know how to treat and cater to celebs, so I'm inclined to think there's some measure of truth behind them.
Blackadar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2003, 10:26 PM   #18
rexallllsc
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Blackadar
It must be pretty serious, though. A $25k bond is no joke and Eagle County is a high-priced tourism area. That generally means that they know how to treat and cater to celebs, so I'm inclined to think there's some measure of truth behind them.

Like I said...I bet he did hook up with the girl...and either he really did force himself on her...or it was mutual, and she decided after to cash in.

Either way...bad choice by him. Bad freakin' choice. when you're that rich, you shouldn't risk....easy for me to say, though.
Old 07-06-2003, 10:30 PM   #19
Kodos
Resident Alien

I am no Kobe fan, but I hope he turns out to be innocent in this. He seems like an okay guy, aside from playing for the Lakers and being a showboat.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2003, 10:37 PM   #20
Calis
College Starter

I actually hope this does come up to be false. I used to hate Kobe quite a bit, and the Lakers(which I still do), but after reading more interviews and hearing what he has to say, I actually like the guy, seems like a good person.

As for the whole other ordeal in this thread, I can't really express anymore disgust than what has already been said. Someone being glad that a woman was allegedly sexually assaulted is pretty twisted. It's scary how serious some people take something such as sports, I can't imagine wishing allegations/broken family against anyone, let alone someone who's done absolutely nothing to me. That's just disturbing, plain and simple.
Calis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2003, 10:41 PM   #21
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally posted by Blackadar

My thoughts exactly. It's rare for a celebrity to be charged with a crime anywhere in those resort areas. (Vail, Aspen, etc.)

This isn't some DA in a hick town in the middle of nowhere wanting to get his name in the paper. I'd be very surprised if there wasn't some pretty heavy duty evidence to back up the charge. (that doesn't mean I think he's guilty, just that they have some evidence that at this moment leads them to believe he is)

TroyF
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2003, 10:47 PM   #22
BillyMadison
High School Varsity

Explain why I should be sorry for Kobe... He has it easy, he is making 20+ Mill. a year to play a game... I don't care what happens to him.
Old 07-06-2003, 10:48 PM   #23
JeeberD
General Manager

Wow, one of the last jocks that I would have thought would be arrested for something like this...

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2003, 10:52 PM   #24
rexallllsc
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by TroyF
My thoughts exactly. It's rare for a celebrity to be charged with a crime anywhere in those resort areas. (Vail, Aspen, etc.)

This isn't some DA in a hick town in the middle of nowhere wanting to get his name in the paper. I'd be very surprised if there wasn't some pretty heavy duty evidence to back up the charge. (that doesn't mean I think he's guilty, just that they have some evidence that at this moment leads them to believe he is)

TroyF

Quote:
The sheriff's office said an arrest warrant was issued after deputies investigated a woman's claims Tuesday claiming sexual misconduct by Bryant. The incident happened the previous night in a hotel in the Edwards area of Eagle County, near Vail, the sheriff's office said in a statement.

After a series of interviews and a review of the physical evidence, investigators met with representatives for District Attorney Mark Hurlbert and concluded they had enough evidence for the felony sexual assault count, the sheriff's office said in a statement.

Hurlbert said Sunday night that he hadn't made a decision on whether to file charges and had not yet seen the arrest report. He said the sheriff's office asked a judge for an arrest warrant instead of requesting one through his office, the usual practice.

Last edited by rexallllsc : 07-06-2003 at 10:53 PM.
Old 07-06-2003, 10:53 PM   #25
Axxon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Explain why I should be sorry for Kobe... He has it easy, he is making 20+ Mill. a year to play a game... I don't care what happens to him.

Give it up Billy, you've already shown your true nature as a real humanitarian and class act. Backpeddling now certainly isn't going to help. You really need to take that prozac and chill like you so helpfully prescribe to others. Honestly, it might help with your jealousy and resentment issues.

You went from I hate him to why should I pity him to why should I feel sorry for him, he's rich and I'm not, in record time. Congrats but it won't work.
Old 07-06-2003, 11:00 PM   #26
BillyMadison
High School Varsity

Axxon... Go hug a tree.
Old 07-06-2003, 11:02 PM   #27
rexallllsc
Banned

Quote:
Axxon... Go hug a tree.

Dude...just stop posting in this thread already.

Old 07-06-2003, 11:03 PM   #28
McSweeny
College Starter

hey at least Billy has decided to spread his unique brand of joy outside of the hattrick forum
McSweeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2003, 11:07 PM   #29
Axxon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Axxon... Go hug a tree.

Wow, your cutting wit and keen command of the language almost rival your compassion and merciful nature which, believe me isn't saying a lot.

Methinks a tree would have you beat in all the above categories but..again...that's not saying a lot and it may well be a terrible affront to all flora that a comparison even was considered.
Old 07-06-2003, 11:09 PM   #30
Axxon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by rexallllsc
Dude...just stop posting in this thread already.

Think bigger my friend. Much, much bigger.
Old 07-06-2003, 11:11 PM   #31
BillyMadison
High School Varsity

Old 07-06-2003, 11:14 PM   #32
SunDancer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally posted by McSweeny
hey at least Billy has decided to spread his unique brand of joy outside of the hattrick forum

What does that mean? I don't follow hattirck.
SunDancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2003, 11:14 PM   #33
Axxon
Pro Starter

Quote:

Don't worry Billy, we understand and support your alternate lifestyle choice. Don't be ashamed about it.

Be ashamed that you're a miserable petty jealous prick who wishes bad things on those more successful than yourself surely, but not because you're gay although that DOES explain a lot seing how Kobe was with a woman. Have you had strong feelings for him for a while, Billy??

Pity when ones bubble bursts so harshly.
Old 07-06-2003, 11:16 PM   #34
BillyMadison
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally posted by Axxon
Don't worry Billy, we understand and support your alternate lifestyle choice. Don't be ashamed about it.

Be ashamed that you're a miserable petty jealous prick who wishes bad things on those more successful than yourself surely, but not because you're gay although that DOES explain a lot seing how Kobe was with a woman. Have you had strong feelings for him for a while, Billy??

Pity when ones bubble bursts so harshly.

Wow, nice one... now go hug that tree while I make some air pollution and litter your beloved nature.

Last edited by BillyMadison : 07-06-2003 at 11:20 PM.
Old 07-06-2003, 11:18 PM   #35
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

I can't stand Kobe but I'll wait on judgement of this being true. He wouldn't be the first public figure to have a money hungry woman come after him. I usually believe the woman early, unless there's a big potential payday for a motive to lie.

He strikes me as arrogant, but not someone that would do something like this. Obviously that would change if he is proven guilty.

As for him being married and doing this, that's secondary to me. I don't see how the crime is made worse by his marital status. Sexual predators have often been married (not calling him one, but if he did this than he classifies as one).
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2003, 11:18 PM   #36
tucker342
Pro Starter

Terrible news

Of all people I never would have thought that Kobe would do somethin like this...

And I agree with rexallllsc guess of what happened
tucker342 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2003, 11:19 PM   #37
Axxon
Pro Starter

Yes, Billy, that is indeed the room for those who care about you and the room is not only empty but getting smaller as you reveal even more scintillating facts about your hardened, hate filled, antihetero heart. If only you'd embrace your diversity and not jealously resent those who've found happiness with women, I'm sure your little room would fill up quite quckly with, ahem, gay, happy people who would love you for the miserable vomitous mass that you are.

Buck up trooper, it'll get better.
Old 07-06-2003, 11:21 PM   #38
BillyMadison
High School Varsity

Wow, you're just so clever with those comebacks... who tought you so well?!?

Man, I wish I could be like you, hippy. Go back to the 70's.

I wonder what you'll do with this one.

Last edited by BillyMadison : 07-06-2003 at 11:22 PM.
Old 07-06-2003, 11:23 PM   #39
Axxon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Wow, nice one... now go hug that tree while I make some air pollution and litter your beloved nature.

Billy, Billy, Billy, you need merely to speak to create suitable air pollution but even your mere existance has made the world a dirtier place; you need do no more. But if you are so inclined, I'd be willing to lend you a rope, not the one you're hanging yourself with here, another one, so you could truly do something meaningful once in your life the next time you do see a tree.
Old 07-06-2003, 11:24 PM   #40
BillyMadison
High School Varsity

Wow, you're a dork. And stop saying words you don't know.
Old 07-06-2003, 11:26 PM   #41
Axxon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Wow, you're just so clever with those comebacks... who tought you so well?!?

Well, Billy, no one 'tought' me anything, at least I don't think they did since I don't even know what the word means. If, by chance, you meant 'taught' I can only assume it was someone with infinitely better skills than anyone who made the effort with you. I guess that tends to explain a lot though if you think about it.
Old 07-06-2003, 11:27 PM   #42
Axxon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Wow, you're a dork. And stop saying words you don't know.

You do mean words like tought don't you???
Old 07-06-2003, 11:27 PM   #43
Hurst2112
College Starter

Who's Kobe Bryant?

Seriously, why in the hell does a fricken street fight have to show up in threads like these? Usually started by somebody who wants to argue, or is simply trolling. I don't get it.

I'ts a real buzz kill to have to read around 3 or 4 kids whining to get the good content of the thread.
Hurst2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2003, 11:27 PM   #44
BillyMadison
High School Varsity

Not only have you proved hypocricy, by telling me I should tie a rope around my neck, you've proved many other things... fact is, you fall into about one or two possible occupations, mechanic, truck driver, or maybe selling flowers on the highway.... nah, all of those are to prestigous for you. Bottom line is this, I will drive the car you'll never drive, and live the life you'll never live... best of all, I'll be the MAN you'll never be.

I stated my feelings on Kobe and you pick a fight... one that you lose with irrelevant arguements with no basis or substance... just blabber because you can't defend yourself.

Wow... you've fell to an all time low.

I win...

Don't bother posting because I won't read it, nor do I care what you have to say.

~Still Undefeated

Last edited by BillyMadison : 07-06-2003 at 11:33 PM.
Old 07-06-2003, 11:29 PM   #45
tucker342
Pro Starter

Can't we all just get along?
tucker342 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2003, 11:29 PM   #46
mckerney
Coordinator

Axxon, I warn you, don't try to start this. Just believe me, you don't want to get into a spelling mistake arguement with Billy. Not because he's a great speller, but, well my fellow hattrickers would know.
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2003, 11:30 PM   #47
Axxon
Pro Starter

Quote:
best of all, I'll be the MAN you'll never be.

I will truly and honestly thank my lucky stars for this every single day of my life, trust me.
Old 07-06-2003, 11:31 PM   #48
Axxon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by mckerney
Axxon, I warn you, don't try to start this. Just believe me, you don't want to get into a spelling mistake arguement with Billy. Not because he's a great speller, but, well my fellow hattrickers would know.

Aww, can't I have some fun feeding the trolls once in a while. This one is really too easy.
Old 07-06-2003, 11:33 PM   #49
mckerney
Coordinator

Axxon, it's not an issue of feeding, but this post is an incredibly accurate example of what will happen

Quote:
Originally posted by The Afoci
No it would go like this...

BM: I JUST PICKED UP AT EXCELLENT SCORER WHO IS 31!!!!! I DIDN'T HAVE TO PAY ANYTHING FOR HIM AT ALL AND ONLY THE TS WENT DOWN! WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK OF HIM?

ANYONE: Ummm, a excellent scorer isn't good for a national team player.

BM: WHAT!?! I ONLY HAVE A PASSABLE SCORER, OBVIOUSLY THE US NATIONAL TEAM COULD USE AN EXCELLENT SCORER. I TALKED TO THE NATIONAL COACH FOR SOMESMALLASSNEWCOUNTRY AND HE SAID EXCELLENTS WERE THE BEST THEY HAD. I RULE!!!!!!

ANYONE: But we have scorors that have much better skills!

BM: UNTIL YOU LEARN HOW TO SPILL "SCORERS" NO ONE WILL TAKE YOU SERIOUSLY, IDIOT.

ANYONE: Ummm... You spelled "spell", "spill"

BM: HAHAHAHA, I WAS HOPING YOU WOULD CATCH THAT HAHAHAHA or THAT IS A TYPO, NOT A SPELLING ERROR, DUMB ASS!!!

http://dynamic2.gamespy.com/~fof/for...threadid=10925

Last edited by mckerney : 07-06-2003 at 11:36 PM.
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2003, 11:51 PM   #50
rexallllsc
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by mckerney
Axxon, it's not an issue of feeding, but this post is an incredibly accurate example of what will happen

http://dynamic2.gamespy.com/~fof/for...threadid=10925

Afoci is pound-for-pound one of the best posters here, IMO