Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-19-2003, 01:09 AM   #1
MikeVic
Head Coach

Thumbs up Bad Boys 2

I just watched it, and thought it was pretty funny, and an overall good action movie... the beginning was kinda "ehhh"... but the rest was cool. Good action. Some stuff doesn't make sense, but if you go into it expecting an action movie, you'll be pleased

MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2003, 01:25 AM   #2
bosshogg23
College Benchwarmer

Was it as gory as some reviews have said it is? My gf, despite being a nurse, cant take gore in a movie.....go figure
bosshogg23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2003, 01:35 AM   #3
Neuqua
Pro Rookie

I liked it. Will Smith and Martin Lawrence just seem like a good fit with eachother, I caught myself laughing out loud which I rarely do at the theatre.

Oh, and yes it does have a lot of gory moments in it.
Our Deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?
Neuqua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2003, 01:37 AM   #4
sony
High School JV

This movie was the shit! Although wanted to fall asleep so many times.
sony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2003, 08:56 AM   #5
Raiders Army
Coordinator

BB2 was great, although the movie was really long. It was almost 3 hours with previews, ad commercials, etc. Speaking of which, why the hell do they have commercials for Bod, Joe Boxer, Sprite, etc. before the previews? I don't need to see that, and if I did, I could watch it at home. The way I see it is that movie theaters are just making a little more money.

In the case of this movie, I had to take a piss for the last 45 minutes of the movie. When the previews and commercials take half an hour, I could've been uncomfortable for only 15 minutes. And yes, I did go before the movie began.

Will Smith and Martin Lawrence gave some really good performances. Michael Bay made yet another appearance in the movie. I wanted to see this movie after Pearl Harbor, since it didn't need to have a lot of huge explosions. All I wanted to see was a good buddy movie. It had like 3 car chases and a lot of explosions. There was also a lot of profanity, so if you don't like that, then you might not like this movie.

On another note, didn't Will Smith receive a Grammy or something a few years ago and say he didn't need to swear on his records? Well, he sure did a lot of swearing in this movie (as well as Bad Boys). Just an observation.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2003, 10:40 AM   #6
MikeVic
Head Coach

Yeah, the movie was surprisingly gory. They could have done without all of it... some of it was really sick... The length was also kinda of weird. They could have cut out the beginning, as it was just a really long intro. into the movie...
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2003, 05:52 PM   #7
dread
n00b

Thumbs down

Although every once in a while something humourous would happen, this movie was atrocious from beginning to end. Every gunfight or chase schene was just way too overblown, I actually lost interest in any of them just because they all seemed excercises in excess. The sister's character was actually a very bad addition as well and Gabrielle Union although cute was dreadful delivering those lame lines. This should have been a decent movie but everyone seemed to be going thru the motions.
Just when you thought it could get no worse then they decide a lame plot about going into Cuba. I had more fun watching my wrist watch than this film.
Old 07-19-2003, 09:10 PM   #8
Bad-example
College Starter

It never ceases to amaze me. Why do bad movies get sequels? The Mummy, Blade and Bad Boys are all on my list of terrible films I never want to see again. You would have to pay me to watch Bad Boys 2.

Sorry, but some movies leave such a bad impression that it seems like a no brainer that everyone would agree it is pure crap. To each his own.
Drinking like a lumberjack and singing Delta Dawn
Bad-example is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2003, 09:21 PM   #9
Blackadar
Retired

Quote:
Originally posted by Bad-example
It never ceases to amaze me. Why do bad movies get sequels? The Mummy, Blade and Bad Boys are all on my list of terrible films I never want to see again. You would have to pay me to watch Bad Boys 2.

Sorry, but some movies leave such a bad impression that it seems like a no brainer that everyone would agree it is pure crap. To each his own.

I'd agree, except for the Mummy. I thought the sequel was a worthy follow-up. Not as good as the first, but still entertaining.
Blackadar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2003, 11:50 PM   #10
korme
Go Reds

Bad Boys was the movie that I watched nearly every day as a kid. Everyone has one of those movies, for some reason, Bad Boys was mine.

Bad Boys 2 was great. Reminded me of old times.
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2003, 09:29 AM   #11
Blade
College Prospect

I agree...I was a big fan of Bad Boys so I wanted to check out Bad Boys 2 as soon as I could. I was not disappointed, as I thought it was a very good movie, and it definitely did not feel like a 3 hour movie to me. Actually, going in, I was worried that it would be a 1.5 hour "cop-out" movie (pun intended).

I am glad that I was wrong. It will be a part of my DVD collection...

Loyal fan of the Edmonton Oilers and Philadelphia Eagles.
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2003, 09:51 AM   #12
Travis
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by Bad-example

Heh, all 3 of those were movies I at least somewhat enjoyed (The Mummy) to really enjoyed (Blade). Of the sequels, Bad Boys II was the one I liked the most. Martin Lawrence was quite good, now the question is, how long until the 3rd one?
Old 07-21-2003, 10:48 AM   #13
detroit_fan
H.S. Freshman Team

Blade 1 and 2 are great movies.