Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-20-2003, 04:32 PM   #1
Kodos
Resident Alien

Anyone else getting a lot of pullers in NCAA 2004?

I've won 7 games in NCAA online so far, but I only got credit for 4 of them. Not that the online record really matters all that much, but it is annoying that these guys can't take a loss. Especially since I've been playing with IU for the most part - wins are precious! If you get a win with the Hoosiers, you've earned it!

Oh well, like I said, not a big deal. It's just a bit annoying.

Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2003, 04:37 PM   #2
sabotai
General Manager

I played Madden 2000 on the PC online. I only played a few games, winning them all, but not getting any credit because my opponents would leave before the end of the game. (ie, being up 24-0 with 5 minutes left, they woudl leave)

I haven't played online sports games since.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2003, 08:47 PM   #3
dfisher
High School JV

I like how you can pick the exact instance of when the person you are playing is going to reset. I even had someone reset when he was WINNING because his entire offense was run his fast quarterback from side to side until he either had room to run or just heave to his best receiver. I started spying with a safety and put an end to that after 2 touchdowns and got five sacks in the rest of the first half. I intercepted a pass and returned it inside the 20 down 14-7 with a minute left in the first half and the guy reset.

Dan
dfisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2003, 09:00 PM   #4
ice4277
Pro Rookie

Things like that are the main reasons I haven't bothered getting a network adapter for PS2.
ice4277 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2003, 10:17 PM   #5
sabotai
General Manager

This extends to other games as well. I use to play chess online, too, but stopped for the same reason.

So far, I find that playing games that never really end (like FPS that you just join to a server, MMORPG, certain card games) are the best to play online.

Basically any game that is not head-to-head. Games that are usually get people quitting when they know they can't win.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2003, 11:41 PM   #6
kingnebwsu
College Benchwarmer

I play Unreal on the Xbox (FPS game) on user-hosted servers. Anytime I join and start whoopin' some ass, the guy quits. It's kinda fun though, cuz me and a buddy logon and see how many games it takes for the server to bail Kinda rewarding in a weird way.
kingnebwsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2003, 12:04 AM   #7
Vince
Pro Starter

You know what? I was afraid of this when I got my NA, and I still dislike it. But for every one game you play all the way through (see the FOF Madden league we did a while back) it makes it all worth it.
Every time a Dodger scores a run, an angel has its wings ripped off by a demon, and is forced to tearfully beg the demon to cauterize the wounds.The demon will refuse, and the sobbing angel will lie in a puddle of angel blood and feathers for eternity, wondering why the Dodgers are allowed to score runs.That’s not me talking: that’s science. McCoveyChronicles.com.
Vince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2003, 06:09 AM   #8
Blackadar
Retired

This is why I don't play online games...

It's funny that the gaming mags will rip apart a game for no online option b/c I think there's a lot of folks out there who don't give a hoot about online gaming.
Blackadar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2003, 08:46 AM   #9
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

I was very close to buying the netwaork adapter this past weekend. Reading this, I am glad I held off, although it would be a lot of fun playing some of you guys online. Just playing a random other person does nothing for me though.

On a side note, I spent the money on Ratchet and Clank for the PS2, and it is highly addicting. Great, great game.

Cincinnati basketball writer P. Daugherty, "Connor Barwin playing several minutes against Syracuse is like kids with slingshots taking down Caesar's legions."
Marmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2003, 10:08 AM   #10
sturmie
Mascot

how's the response time/lag for NCAA 2004 online? i got he nic adapter for the PS2 back in december, but took it back b/c playing madden 2003 online felt like i was "running in mud" - someone else online described it as that and i thought it fit properly.

even though i had nothing else running on my home network and was getting ping times to my opponent of under 100ms, there was a ton of lagging feel...didn't seem like dropped frames or anything, just slow. i heard thus had something to do w/ the PS2 not being able to handle packets that well, but i think that was just a theory.

by the same token, my buddy's XBox played UT online very smoothly...which made me more pissed off about the PS2.

sturmie
sturmie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2003, 11:59 AM   #11
Kodos
Resident Alien

NCAA 2004 seems to move better to me than Madden 2003 did. But I am on dialup, so maybe I am just used to slow...

It's great fun when you play someone you know (playing primelord is a blast), but you do run in to a great number of idiots if you play random people. You get one-play wonders, guys who audible constantly (changing formations multiple times during one play), guys who constantly go for it on 4th and long in their own territory, etc. I think this year I will focus a lot more on my dynasties than on online play. However, it is more satisfying to beat a real person than beating the computer. Then again, the computer doesn't do most of the idiotic things that people do.

Last edited by Kodos : 07-21-2003 at 12:03 PM.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote