Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-17-2003, 12:44 AM   #1
korme
Go Reds

WOOOO YEAH!

I stay up 'til 1:30 on a school night with a feeling the 1978 season would have to be the year of glory for my Madison Americans. See, Madison has for the past 7 seasons made the playoffs, yet has never even reached the conference championship, basically the ATL Braves of FOF.

Well, my team is aging, and many of my stars are facing injury on a weekly basis. I just drafted my hopefully future QB, but no one compares to Phil Hatcher, whose ability to avoid making mistakes makes him a premiere passer in the league. Well Phil was injured on two different occaisons, playing in just 7 games. But my backup, though raw, rallied my troops and we finished 10-6. Hatcher, just questionable for the wild card game, was slotted to start in what may be his final game in Madison. Not so fast. Hatcher threw 3 touchdowns, and ran one in. We rolled.

In the next game, again Hatcher stepped up now at probable, throwing for 2 scores in a 34-31 win where my rookie kicker comes up big yet again kicking a 57 yard field goal with no time left (he was a boom undrafted player, 30/34 accurary but 100 kick power!).

In his first conference championship, Phil leads the team again with 3 touchdowns and again a mistake free game, yet to throw a pick, which is why he is so good. We move on to the championship.

In the championship game it is by no means a shootout, but we win decisively 19-3, despite our playmaking corner out for the game. (It is cool that I can distinguish the 2 excellent corners on my team as one more of a shutdown corner, the other more of a playmaking corner). Hatcher throws the game's only touchdown, and garners the game MVP. It is enough to keep him around and offer up my future guy for some nick picks. Hatch is now 35 but I would like to see the glory year of 1978 repeated a few more times.

Anyways, this probably means nothing and is hard to follow , but I am coming to the conclusion that I am already getting addicted to FOF2004. W00t. Great game Jim.

korme is offline   Reply With Quote