Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-24-2000, 04:45 PM   #1
xbadger
n00b

Thumbs down Cellar-dwellers! Tell us about the POOREST dynasty you've ever created!

I'm tired of hearing about all these guys WINNING. Tell us about the all time worst teams and dynasties you've created.

------------------
The Badger.
Baltimore Predators
1998-present

xbadger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2000, 04:46 PM   #2
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

Question

Without maddening?

------------------
Go Cowboys...errr, Jets! Yeah, Jets!
sachmo71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2000, 04:50 PM   #3
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

I have been fired once. I tried the "Bear Bryant" Challenge (SEC Players only) using the Cleveland Browns. Only had one winning season.
Old 10-24-2000, 06:16 PM   #4
Logan
Head Coach

After I had a bunch of winning seasons in various dynasties, I started one with the Cowboys (I hate them with a passion!--Niner fan). I proceeded to trade away every player that was worthy of being called an NFLer. When I got done with my house-cleaning, my roster consisted of guys without any ratings higher than about 25 . After my first 1-15 season (yes, I managed to win a game--don't ask me how), I traded away my first 1st, 2nd, and 3rd rounder (all the first of the round) to the Niners for a 7th round pick. The next season I was 1-15 again. An 0-16 season followed, and I was fired. And I thought some people said it took 6 years to be fired !

I love completely dismantling a team. Especially by making dumb trades with draft picks. Maybe I'll call it the "Bobby Beathard Challenge."

[This message has been edited by Logan (edited 10-24-2000).]
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2000, 09:03 PM   #5
Original Prankster
n00b

Wink

Or when you make crazy, unrealistic trades to get 1st round draft choices and they turn into great players you can call it the Mike Ditka Challenge.

------------------
Go RPI!
Old 10-25-2000, 03:32 AM   #6
MIJB#19
Coordinator

Angry

Nice try.

I know my team is really bad right now, 3-21 in 1½ season so far.
MIJB#19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2000, 05:17 PM   #7
Doug5984
College Benchwarmer

Smile

good idea xbadger, my worst dynasty was i started as cleveland with the expansion draft and with the first pick i selected an for sure pro bowl Rb, week 2 he gets injured out a year and a 1/2 and his ratings are dramaticly reduced, i finish the season 1-15, in the next draft same thing a pro bowl runnign back who this time gets hurt very long term year and a 1/2, finish that season 2-14, got pissed so i started over
Doug5984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2000, 03:12 PM   #8
Metaljar
n00b

Red face

I started a dynasty with the Browns once. I took a wide receiver in round one and he went out for the season before the season even began. My other star player was a tackle and he spent the majority of the season in rehab; I finished 1-15. My QB's Detmer, Van Pelt, and a rookie who I picked in round 7 threw a whopping 9 TD's between them and threw 35 INT's and combined threw for only 3,000 yards. My running game was just as good; my sixth round pick running back was the best one I had and in his first game he had five fumbles; although he did have about 800 yards and 5 TD's he also had double digits in fumbles. It was the worst season I had ever seen except when the computer controls the Chiefs; why can I get Mike Cloud to be rookie of the year and them to win 12 games year one but the computer always loses with them?

Matthew Lesko
Metaljar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2000, 03:23 PM   #9
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

My current Browns team. After moving from NO via Miami, I decided to get the Browns a bowl. Nothing doing...I let the computer run the season, and I finished 2-14. This team should have been much, much better. Really don't know what happened, except that Jim must have programmed some special SUCK code that applies to the Browns...

------------------
Go Cowboys...errr, Jets! Yeah, Jets!
sachmo71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2000, 10:47 AM   #10
Ryche
College Benchwarmer

With my Anchorage team, I had a 7th round draft pick QB thrown in as starter after my star QB signed with another team during free agency. Went on to lead the league in passing yardage...but the team still finished 2-14 one year after being in a bowl. No running game and my defense disappeared.

I also ran Cleveland for 10 seasons in a career and never managed better than a 10-6 record and only 3 winning seasons. The owner was threatening to fire me so I took over Salt Lake City's expansion team. BAD IDEA. The threats carry over with a new team. I gave up after two seasons because I knew I would be canned after the next one anyway.
Old 08-02-2002, 03:43 PM   #11
Kodos-n-Kang

Bump. Any new entries here. DataKing?
Old 08-02-2002, 03:52 PM   #12
DataKing
Pro Rookie

Ha ha Kodos, you funny bastard you! You must have dug pretty deep to find this thread...it's almost two years old!

Seriously, though, if anyone wants to see an exercise in futility, just take a look at my Kansas Jayhawks dynasty. Our current record is 10-26 in 3 1/3 seasons, with a whopping 1-23 record in the Big 12. We are the definition of celler dwellers!
Diablo III (BattleTag: DataKing#1685)
Allegiances:
Chicago Bears - Detroit Red Wings - Kansas Jayhawks
Awards:
2011 Golden Scribe - Other Sports Category (The Straight(away) and Narrow - A Forza Motorsport 3 Dynasty)
DataKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2002, 03:52 PM   #13
MylesKnight
College Benchwarmer

What in the Hell. I was just taking a look at this Thread about 10 Minutes ago or so and now it's been bumped up what, nearly 2 Years to the Top of the Board.

I have my Defaults set up to access All Posts from the Beginning of the FOFC Boards and being bored this afternoon I decided to check out some the real old stuff of FOFC.

By the way, I've never found out how to "Bump" a Thread, how do you go about doing Thread Bumping?

[ 08-02-2002: Message edited by: MylesKnight ]
Old 08-02-2002, 04:07 PM   #14
henry296
College Starter

Bumping is just making a needless post for the purpose bring the thread to the top of the list. Usually done by writing bump as the only text.

Todd
Old 08-02-2002, 04:14 PM   #15
Kodos-n-Kang

Quote:
Originally posted by MylesKnight:
What in the Hell. I was just taking a look at this Thread about 10 Minutes ago or so and now it's been bumped up what, nearly 2 Years to the Top of the Board.

I have my Defaults set up to access All Posts from the Beginning of the FOFC Boards and being bored this afternoon I decided to check out some the real old stuff of FOFC.

By the way, I've never found out how to "Bump" a Thread, how do you go about doing Thread Bumping?

I stumbled across it because the Who's Reading What screen showed you were looking at it. Then I decided it was bump worthy.
Mystery solved!
Old 08-02-2002, 04:17 PM   #16
MylesKnight
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally posted by Kodos:

I stumbled across it because the Who's Reading What screen showed you were looking at it. Then I decided it was bump worthy.
Mystery solved!

Ah Ha!! There we go. I thought someone had set up some kind of FOFC Board Tracking Device on me to keep up with my every move.

Thanks K.K.!! By the way, why does your name show up as Kodos & Kang on the Last Poster of a Thread Section but only Kodos in the actual thread? I believe I've seen the same thing with rpolsten/Ardent Enthusiast

Old 08-02-2002, 04:41 PM   #17
Kodos-n-Kang

I'm afraid I will not divulge the particulars of that mystery.
Old 08-02-2002, 04:44 PM   #18
RendeR
Coordinator

My worst dynasty wasn't in FOF2001, it was in TCY. I started with Ohio State, with the basic settings for academics and prestige. In my first 5 seasons I went something like 1-54. With the one win being something like a last second 50+yard field goal or something in desperation.

this I think meets the cellar dwellar criteria.

Ren
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2002, 11:08 PM   #19
MylesKnight
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally posted by RendeR:

My worst dynasty wasn't in FOF2001, it was in TCY. I started with Ohio State, with the basic settings for academics and prestige. In my first 5 seasons I went something like 1-54. With the one win being something like a last second 50+yard field goal or something in desperation.

This I think meets the cellar dwellar criteria.

Ren

I remember you mentioning this before RendeR. You definitely take the cake as far as this category is concerned. In all honesty, it's awfully damn hard for someone to actually try to do that badly. Great Work!!
Old 08-03-2002, 12:36 PM   #20
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally posted by MylesKnight:

I remember you mentioning this before RendeR. You definitely take the cake as far as this category is concerned. In all honesty, it's awfully damn hard for someone to actually try to do that badly. Great Work!!

But..Umm..i was trying to WIN......*sob*
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote