Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-26-2004, 08:56 AM   #1
Grid Iron
Ice Cream Man

Nebraska Blizzards: Epilogue

Dynasty Epilogue

The purpose of the Nebraska Blizzards Dynasty was to tell a compelling and intriguing story using FOF2 as the backdrop. After 30 seasons, the dynasty came to a close. I hope the readers found it unique and entertaining, because I loved writing it.

This thread will allow readers to find out what happened to some of their favorite characters in the 10 years following the completion of the dynasty. Over the next few days, I will be posting several news clips from the 2030 through 2039 season. Enjoy!

To catch up on all the details of the story from 2000 – 2019, go to the following link:

Nebraska Blizzards: The Lost Episodes

Here are the most recent chapters located at the new FOF Central pub:

Nebraska Blizzards 2020: A Ghost From the Past
Nebraska Blizzards 2021: The Plot Thickens
Nebraska Blizzards 2022: A Secret Revealed
Nebraska Blizzards 2023: The Heart of Darkness
Nebraska Blizzards 2024: The Long Road Home
Nebraska Blizzards 2025: Ransom
Nebraska Blizzards 2026: Revelation
Nebraska Blizzards 2027: The Reckoning
Nebraska Blizzards 2028: Endgame
Nebraska Blizzards 2029: Coda
Nebraska Blizzards Dynasty Review: 2000 - 2029

Last edited by Grid Iron : 01-26-2004 at 02:43 PM.
Grid Iron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2004, 10:57 AM   #2
StanGunner
Mascot

Sequel! Sequel!
StanGunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2004, 02:37 PM   #3
Grid Iron
Ice Cream Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanGunner
Sequel! Sequel!

Thanks for the support! I've thought a lot about a sequel, but decided that doing so might diminish the value of the original. I might get lucky and pull off an Empire Strikes Back , or I might blow it and make a Star Trek III.

In either case, the entire dynasty data was inadvertantly wiped from my hard drive when I reformatted my computer a few months back. Fortunately, I archived a set of stats through the end of the careers of the most prominent players, allowing me to do this epilogue.
Old 01-26-2004, 02:38 PM   #4
Grid Iron
Ice Cream Man

All Good Things. . .

10-9 loss snaps streak of 12 consecutive playoff appearances

December 1, 2030

Lincoln, NE (AP) - Assured of clinching a playoff spot with a victory at home over Oakland yesterday, the usually disciplined Nebraska offense faltered in the waning minutes of the game, ending the Blizzards’ season. Trailing 10-9, Nebraska was within field goal range at the Raiders’ 22-yard line with 3:14 to go and facing a second-and-four. Unfortunately, an intentional facemask penalty on the next play set the Blizzards back to the 37-yard line and a sack on third-and-21 ended any chance of a comeback.

“I guess the saying is true,” whispered head coach Damon Walsh in the subdued Blizzards locker room following the team’s 10-9 loss to Oakland. “All good things must come to an end.”

The “end” to which coach Walsh referred was the end of Nebraska’s unprecedented streak of 12 consecutive playoff appearances dating back to 2018. “We were so close,” said RB Jerome Sweeney of the team that finished fourth in the AFC West with a 9-7 record behind Denver (12-4), San Diego (10-6) and Oakland (10-6). “I guess we’ll just have to go out there next year and start another streak. . .”

Last edited by Grid Iron : 01-27-2004 at 11:26 PM.
Old 01-27-2004, 10:44 AM   #5
tucker342
Pro Starter

Last night I decided to read through it again.....

I ended up staying up till 3:00 AM, I hope you're happy!
tucker342 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2004, 11:26 PM   #6
Grid Iron
Ice Cream Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker342
Last night I decided to read through it again.....

I ended up staying up till 3:00 AM, I hope you're happy!

Dang, that is the best compliment I've ever received. I'm glad you enjoyed it!

Last edited by Grid Iron : 01-27-2004 at 11:28 PM.
Old 01-27-2004, 11:26 PM   #7
Grid Iron
Ice Cream Man

End of an Era!

Coach Walsh unexpectedly retires

January 20, 2031

Lincoln, NE (Ticker) – Despite pleas from the Blizzards' top brass, head coach Damon Walsh announced today that he will not return to coach a 13th season with the Nebraska Blizzards. “13 is an unlucky number,” joked Walsh at the press conference. “Actually, after we missed playoffs last season, I just started to feel like this is just a natural point to step back and let someone else take the reins.”

Walsh joined Nebraska in 2019 after leading the Ohio State Buckeyes to a NCAA championship in 2018. In his rookie NFL season, he orchestrated a 15-4 record and Nebraska’s first Super Bowl victory in 10 years. In his 12 seasons as head coach, he compiled a 171-51 career record and led the Blizzards to eight NFL Championships, including an unprecedented six in a row from 2021 through 2026. “He’s a genius and a student of the game,” said GM Grid Iron. “That makes for a lethal combination. . . he’ll be greatly missed.”

As for retirement plans, Walsh said he is going on a much-needed vacation to the Bahamas. When asked what he was going to do after that, the coach added: “find a nice little sports bar in Lincoln and root for the Blizzards, of course!”

Last edited by Grid Iron : 01-27-2004 at 11:29 PM.
Old 01-29-2004, 08:32 AM   #8
Grid Iron
Ice Cream Man

A ghost from the past

Casper returns to Blizzards as new head coach

January 23, 2031

Lincoln, NE (Reuters) - The Blizzards' search for a new coach took exactly three days. Omar Casper has signed a five-year, $50 million contract to coach the team with whom he played his entire NFL career, GM Grid Iron announced yesterday. “As soon as (former head coach) Damon Walsh retired, we knew who we wanted to get.”

One of the best safeties to ever play the game, Casper joined the Blizzards after being drafted in the second round in 2004 out of Wake Forest. In the ensuing 14 years he became a fan favorite, recording 42 interceptions. He was a crucial part of Nebraska’s 2009 championship team, recording 77 tackles, five interceptions, and two touchdowns on the season. “I have so many great memories here, it’s like coming home,” said an emotional Casper.

After retiring in 2018, Casper moved away from Lincoln to coach his alma mater. In his 12 seasons there, the Demon Deacons compiled an 108-36 record, played in six bowl games, including three BCS games, and won the national championship in 2027.

Last edited by Grid Iron : 01-29-2004 at 08:32 AM.