Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-27-2004, 06:24 AM   #1
SnowMan
High School Varsity

Fantasy Baseball

Anyone gonna sign up for yahoo fantsay baseball plus this year? Is it worth the $25 per team? I'd be interested in joining some kind of FOF league or whatever if there's any plans for this.

SnowMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2004, 07:21 AM   #2
cincyreds
High School Varsity

$25 per team?? Are they charging this season?

I am sure I will play.

The FOBA Baseball League will be opening soon.
Old 01-27-2004, 10:18 AM   #3
Philliesfan980
Banned

Does FOFC have a fantasy baseball league? I'd really be interested in joining.
Philliesfan980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2004, 09:34 PM   #4
SnowMan
High School Varsity

Yahoo has both free and paid leagues. The paid leagues have some extra features (and a prize for the winner) that seem interesting, plus I've found that people take it more seriously if they've paid to join.
Old 01-28-2004, 09:35 PM   #5
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

I don't pay for Fantasy sports .
Old 01-28-2004, 09:39 PM   #6
SnowMan
High School Varsity

Good for you
Old 01-28-2004, 09:47 PM   #7
QuikSand
lolzcat

I'm trying to gin up interest for a local "big hitters" league to play for some fairly serious scratch. I'm sick of investing scores of hours in fantasy baseball all year long, only to end up winning a hundred bucks or two.

We'll see how it goes... I'm trying the angle that people just need to be willing to play for something like $50 a week... and compared to their sports betting habits, that shouldn't be too tough. It might work.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2004, 10:16 PM   #8
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuikSand
I'm trying to gin up interest for a local "big hitters" league to play for some fairly serious scratch. I'm sick of investing scores of hours in fantasy baseball all year long, only to end up winning a hundred bucks or two.

We'll see how it goes... I'm trying the angle that people just need to be willing to play for something like $50 a week... and compared to their sports betting habits, that shouldn't be too tough. It might work.
It goes without saying, but if you're going to play for that much money then choose your league members carefully and have a detailed constitution.

You've seen what people will do to win a free public league, you can only imagine what can happen with big money on the line.
Old 01-28-2004, 10:23 PM   #9
Suicane75
Coordinator

Quote:

By local, do you mean hometown local or FOFC Local. Cause I would be more than interested in a $100-$200 FOFC league. I've thought about asking but figured I'd wait till we get closer to the season. I figured 8-12 of us, useing a stat service or something would be quite fun.
Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2004, 05:41 PM   #10
QuikSand
lolzcat

I'm talking about hometown local, each team puts up $1,000 a year, keeper league.

But a league like you describe would interest me as well, perhaps.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2004, 05:48 PM   #11
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Not that you want or need my advice, but I'd be sure that everyone in the league could lose their $$ tomorrow and not feel the pinch at all. My friends who gamble more than I do tell me that it is a different (and almost always less fun for everone involved) game once some people have money at stake that they can't afford to lose.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2004, 05:56 PM   #12
Suicane75
Coordinator

Quote:
I'm talking about hometown local, each team puts up $1,000 a year, keeper league.

But a league like you describe would interest me as well, perhaps.

Anyone else interested in something like this? I was thinking we could get a treasurer of sorts, someone whom everyone trusted, we could send the agreed upon amount to him and let him hold it till a winner is crowned. Or we could do it on the honor system and if you don't pay up you're out of the league for the next season. I'd love to do a FOFC keeper league. If we could get enough people it'd be fun to start up, seasons only 2 months away so we'd have to get a constitution of sorts set up pretty quickly.
Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2004, 06:50 PM   #13
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISiddiqui
I don't pay for Fantasy sports .

See, I'm poor and ghetto like this so I won't be in the big money one, but if FOFC wants to get a free one going, I'm in.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote